Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Do you think Torres will leave?

Read 26191 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: Do you think Torres will leave?
      Reply #23: Sep 26, 2010 08:07:28 pm
      If you are Torres, it's the right time to think about this now.. You just miss the summer transfer..

But there's sod all that he can do about it now until January, he made a choice and just because it's a bad time for him right now I don't think any stories like the one from Pique will help his confidence at all and he wants to be playing his best for the national squad anyway right? the way I see it if the right bid comes in and he comes and and clearly states that he wants to go then there's not a lot more we can do, but until then everyone should just lay off him and let him get his game back.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #24: Sep 26, 2010 08:11:39 pm
      The only thing in our favour is that when the arse falls out of the club completely Hicks is no longer in a position of strength - the asset will cease to be and will fail to pay his debt.
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #25: Sep 26, 2010 08:15:48 pm
      He doest look happy like someone said, unfortunetly it will not surprise me
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #26: Sep 26, 2010 08:27:28 pm
      Cannot see Nando going to Barcelona,good as Nando is could he compete with David Villa and Lionel Messi ? or warm the bench ? when we get new owners the whole squad should be able to give some input as to whom they would like to be in the team when transfer funds are available ,it's ok to buy established stars but sometimes they need the correct supply and belief given by the other players in the side ,hope Nando stays with us but if the slide and the sh*t carries on who would blame him?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #27: Sep 26, 2010 08:32:21 pm
      No.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #28: Sep 26, 2010 08:41:27 pm
      He will wait and see what the situation, is at the end of the season IMO.
      No one actually put in a serious offer for him during the summer, it was just the usual rags stirring the pot to sell papers.
      If RH can get the team to start delivering some decent service to him, then he might become a bit happier, dont forget he has scored or assisted 5 of the 6 prem goals scored by Liverpool players
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Sep 26, 2010 08:44:19 pm
      No, I think like us he is waiting to see what happens after Oct 6th, if Hicks gains the finances to stay probably make him think about it, but hopefully the new owners would certainly have a influence to try and regain any doubts on his part, everyone knows the Kunts are to blame for all the sh*t thats happened, so we are all just waiting to see what happens in the next few weeks.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #30: Sep 26, 2010 08:48:29 pm
      What is the actual refinacing Date? I've heard the 6th of October, but the Guardian and a couple of other papers are saying the 15th October.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #31: Sep 26, 2010 08:59:47 pm
      Tough one.

He still has the reputation as one of the best in the world.

The problem with a striker of that 'reputation' is the fact that the club would be afraid of losing him.

But the fact remains that Torres is not at his best right now; rather than sulk and talk about how the squad is not strengthened, which I believe is an excuse, he should earn his pay and work hard at getting the goals. There are strikers like Bent, Drogba, Daffoe and a host of others who are shipping tons of goal by just being determined to do so.

Rooney has been sh*t this season, but is he blaming it on a poor squad?

Gerrard is in the same team and facing the same situation too.

Maybe Torres can give the manager a list of players he wants in the club that will make his the most potent striker ever. That will just proof a new point to all of us ALL
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 922 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #32: Sep 26, 2010 09:22:38 pm
      Torres is a great striker one of the best in the world...... but his attitude, demenor, are all that of someome who looks like he want's away. He looks like a bear with a sore head, i hope i am wrong but to me he looks like he want's away.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33: Sep 26, 2010 09:44:28 pm
      I thought we left this kind of speculation to Facebook. 
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #34: Sep 26, 2010 09:49:54 pm
      If we don't get Champions League this season then I think he's definitely on his way out, he looks unhappy as it is.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #35: Sep 26, 2010 09:57:18 pm
      I thought we left this kind of speculation to Facebook. 

Speculation? didn't it make the news recently that he wants to put in for a January transfer because the squad was not strengthened?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #36: Sep 26, 2010 09:59:52 pm
      IF these owners are gone by January, then he might just stay.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #37: Sep 26, 2010 10:02:07 pm
      Speculation? didn't it make the news recently that he wants to put in for a January transfer because the squad was not strengthened?

No direct quotes & considering during the last window the best tabloid only managed a 20% (give or take) accuracy rating on transfer stories, why should we believe them.  If Torres does go, it won't be in January.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #38: Sep 26, 2010 10:02:32 pm
      I actually think he will leave :(
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #39: Sep 26, 2010 10:08:00 pm
      Cant blame him if he decide to bail out,he deserve better and the way things are turning up at anfield ,its not a pretty sight though with woy or Roy appointed,i dint expect things to turn around for the better,he is an average coach for an average team ,not for liverpool!
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #40: Sep 26, 2010 10:22:02 pm
      I love the lad to bits but if he wants out then he should go, no player is bigger then liverpool even Sir Gerrard.

Six games in to the season and people are blasting his form, he's not a magician, he's not going to pull a rabbit out his ass everytime the team are playing as sh*t as they are. That goes for most players in our current squad who are underperforming. If the team was better managed and started performing better as a whole then I'm adamant players such as Torres would improve their individual performances(stating the obvious i know).

Saying that though, if all else fails we should F**k the whole team off and start from scratch because we couldn't get any worse!
      Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Reply #41: Sep 26, 2010 10:52:54 pm

Thank you very much !!!  :D :D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #42: Sep 26, 2010 10:54:44 pm
      Six games in to the season and people are blasting his form, he's not a magician, he's not going to pull a rabbit out his ass everytime the team are playing as sh*t as they are. That goes for most players in our current squad who are underperforming. If the team was better managed and started performing better as a whole then I'm adamant players such as Torres would improve their individual performances(stating the obvious I know).

Saying that though, if all else fails we should f**k the whole team off and start from scratch because we couldn't get any worse!

Damn!

Torres is under-performing and so the whole team is playing as sh*t?

Wouldn't it be nice if oppositions just handed us the three points on a platter? We really trash the team intensely don't we?
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #43: Sep 26, 2010 10:58:18 pm

For the love of god dont believe everything you read!
      If we believed all the media speculation- we wouldnt have a squad left, Torres & Gerrard are linked with moves away from Liverpool every transfer window- you should know better than to believe it!

Unless a player comes out and says he wants to go- or hands in a transfer request, then we have no reason to believe they want to go.

Do we not already have enough sh*te going on at our club, without the need to create threads & depress ourselves even more??
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #44: Sep 26, 2010 11:08:24 pm
      For the love of god dont believe everything you read!

News. Not print media.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #45: Sep 26, 2010 11:12:06 pm

Don't believe everything you see on SSN then.

Quick Reply