Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Do you think Torres will leave?

Read 26355 times
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Re: Do you think Torres will leave?
      Reply #253: Dec 07, 2010 08:26:32 pm
      And lose yet another world f**king talent.

By the way, I'd say Mueller and Sneijder are more midfielders than forwards, that would leave us extremely light up front.

Would I sell Nando, not a chance!

Tell me:
      a) if we could get Messi in exchange for Nando plus 10 million
      b) if we could get Ronaldo in exchange for Nando and 10 million
      c) if we could get Tevez plus 25 million in echange for Nando

Would any of these options be good for LFC?
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #254: Dec 07, 2010 08:31:55 pm
      Real Madrid - he hates them. Chelsea - Roman seems more focused on Russia then Chelsea. Milan's - Italian football doesn't suit him. Man City - Need to trim their players and wage bill and he wouldn't go. Man U - not a chance. Barcelona - Financially difficulties.

If you are correct, he has NOWHERE to go, so this whole topic is nonsensical? Helllllllllllllllllllloo ooooooooooooooo

So where would he go?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #255: Dec 08, 2010 01:16:51 am
      No, he has a Scouse son now who needs to be brought up the right Scouse way.  :D
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #256: Dec 08, 2010 01:25:52 am
      No, he has a Scouse son now who needs to be brought up the right Scouse way.  :D

Chasing scouse berds?  ;)
      Arnie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 249 posts |
      Reply #257: Dec 08, 2010 01:42:55 am
      He needs to get down the Raz, 70p pints.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #258: Dec 08, 2010 02:11:33 am
      Tell me:

a) Not a chance Barca would ever consider selling.
      b) Not a chance Real would ever consider selling
      c) why the F**k would I swap a hero who actually got the club for a scar-faced c**t who's played for the mancs!!
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #259: Dec 08, 2010 07:58:27 am
      Tell me:

No offense mate, but where do you get those exchange and/or figures? Nando is one the best, but exchange Messi plus 10mil?
      Besides these clubs would never sell and Torres would not go to them, where is he honestly going to go? The only reasonably likely place would be to Chelsea, and sorry that seems a bit far off!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #260: Dec 08, 2010 08:08:34 am
      Why would Barcelona and Real Madrid even consider selling Messi and Ronaldo?

This ain't FM 11.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #261: Dec 08, 2010 12:42:48 pm
      Is Torres wanting to leave ? I'm not sure at all. His body language just show he isn't fully happy nor concentrated, but he may be unhappy with his own performances (under average for him) or because he was stressed by things out of the pitch (like having a pregnant wife).

Should we sell him ? If he wants to stay this summer despite our probable only average results I don't think so. Now, the next... Liverpool is not an extremely rich club, and 28 year old is the age where a striker stop to be considered in his prime and start to be seen as "getting old", with the natural drop of value, especially if he has always been injury prone. Selling him at 27 may mean 10 or 15 more millions to build a quality replacement, compared to selling him at 28 or 29, so if there is a good offer around  summer 2012 I wouldn't be shocked by the club accepting it, as sad it would be to lose Nando.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #262: Dec 08, 2010 12:50:04 pm
      Now Torres is a father he may well be able to use the excuse of going back to raise his children back home.I'm relaxed because unless he is 100% Red he is not the player he can be and we need 100% of Fernando.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #263: Dec 08, 2010 12:51:03 pm
      If we get 4th no i dont think he will go. If we dont and are playing in the Europa again next season then yes i think he will go.
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #264: Dec 08, 2010 01:31:35 pm
      a) Not a chance Barca would ever consider selling.
      b) Not a chance Real would ever consider selling
      c) why the f**k would I swap a hero who actually got the club for a scar-faced c**t who's played for the mancs!!

You said "why the f**k would I swap a hero who actually got the club for a scar-faced c**t"
      In the event Iniesta became available, you wouldn't want the "ghost face" to help LFC either? All your response really tells me is you wouldn't sell nando at any price although , BECAUSE OF INJURIES HAMPERING NUMBER OF GAMES HE HAS PLAYED IN THE LAST 2 SEASONS, his goal contribution is crap. Last I checked centre forwards / strikers are paid to score goals. When Nando is fit, the ONLY 2 players who are at minimum his equal on Planet Earth are Messi and Ronaldo
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #265: Dec 08, 2010 02:02:31 pm
      Why would Barcelona and Real Madrid even consider selling Messi and Ronaldo?

This ain't FM 11.
      No idea what FM 11 is. ( non football related, is Tony Blackburn still alive?)
      Why would the clubs sell? Why did Mancs/ Manure sell Ronaldo ? He wanted to go. If Mourinho did the treble again, maybe Ronaldo would want a new challenge? Barca's finances aren't the greatest, and if Spains economy continues to deteriorate who knows what might happen. I have difficulty predicting "yesterday" so predicting tomorrow isn't exactly a skill. What if Rijkaard came to Liverpool? Simple question for you is " Under any circumstances would YOU want to see Torres sold?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #266: Dec 08, 2010 03:59:08 pm
      I'm hoping that now he has a son in the world, he will go fooking nuts the rest of this season. Stuff that like can truly be an inspiration, especially to a family man like our baby-faced assassin. His goal-scoring record last season, before his injuries, was amazing, and his daughter was born that previous summer. He found out his wife was pregnant no doubt during March or April of this year, and his form was dire during the World Cup right after. Could it be his thoughts were with his wife and soon to be born son? Let's hope!

Cmon Nando, do it for the next Number 9 for Liverpool, Leo Torres!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #267: Dec 08, 2010 04:03:53 pm
      I'm hoping that now he has a son in the world, he will go fooking nuts the rest of this season. Stuff that like can truly be an inspiration, especially to a family man like our baby-faced assassin. His goal-scoring record last season, before his injuries, was amazing, and his daughter was born that previous summer. He found out his wife was pregnant no doubt during March or April of this year, and his form was dire during the World Cup right after. Could it be his thoughts were with his wife and soon to be born son? Let's hope!

Cmon Nando, do it for the next Number 9 for Liverpool, Leo Torres!
      I like your positive thinking you would do well to let Fernando know this.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #268: Dec 08, 2010 06:20:50 pm
      If Nando left I don't think he would go to another premiership club ,therefore it would really have to be Italy or Spain ,then he would have the dilemma of ( on current form ) would he get a regular first team place? I honestly believe if Raul, Lucas and Gerrard get their act together and supply the ammunition for him then he will score shedloads of goals and get his top form and drive back ,so in a nutshell I don't think he will leave if Roy keeps the midfield balance
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #269: Dec 08, 2010 10:35:56 pm
      I think you guys are underestimating Spains economy they are on the verge collapse. Barcelona are in debt and financial are only just surviving. Real Madrid might be comfy now but they won't be soon because the Government backs them they will be severely hit. Spain is one of the next countries to collapse economically and is hanging by a thread which would make Real Madrid weaker in paying there debt back but also they are going to bring the Euro down, if there's a time to buy players in Europe it's soon. The Euro will be hit which means the pound will once again have an advantage in buying players but also Portugal is also hanging by a thread. So no he won't be going to Spain because they're pretty much fu**ed.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #270: Dec 08, 2010 10:44:07 pm
      No idea what FM 11 is. ( non football related, is Tony Blackburn still alive?)
      Why would the clubs sell? Why did Mancs/ Manure sell Ronaldo ? He wanted to go. If Mourinho did the treble again, maybe Ronaldo would want a new challenge? Barca's finances aren't the greatest, and if Spains economy continues to deteriorate who knows what might happen. I have difficulty predicting "yesterday" so predicting tomorrow isn't exactly a skill. What if Rijkaard came to Liverpool? Simple question for you is " Under any circumstances would YOU want to see Torres sold?

FM11 is I guess Football Manager 11 (2011) http://www.footballmanager.com/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #271: Dec 08, 2010 11:37:00 pm
      You said "why the f**k would I swap a hero who actually got the club for a scar-faced c**t"
      In the event Iniesta became available, you wouldn't want the "ghost face" to help LFC either? All your response really tells me is you wouldn't sell nando at any price although , BECAUSE OF INJURIES HAMPERING NUMBER OF GAMES HE HAS PLAYED IN THE LAST 2 SEASONS, his goal contribution is crap. Last I checked centre forwards / strikers are paid to score goals. When Nando is fit, the ONLY 2 players who are at minimum his equal on Planet Earth are Messi and Ronaldo

Has Nando been shagging your missus or something?

Seriously over the last couple of seasons and the sh*t we've had to put up with from them two other yank gobshites, it has been a pleasure to watch this lad play every week. It's been F***ing brilliant when we have celebrated his goals, the now famous song of his, no offence I'm a realist at times and there is not a chance in hell we would get players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi or that pussy Ronaldo, and he is a pussy the man was reviled everytime he played for them manc tw*ts against us, so no I wouldn't want Ronaldo playing for LFC, I do not like the man and I don't like what he stands for.

When Nando gets back to his best he will be banging them in for fun and when he does decide to leave, because this is the Liverpool he did not sign up for, WE WILL TRULY MISS HIM, JUST LIKE WE'LL MISS HIS MATE PEPE!!

I hope that day does not come soon, but again no I would not cash in on him.

FERNANDO TORRES, LIVERPOOL'S NUMBER 9!!
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #272: Dec 09, 2010 01:15:43 am

Seriously over the last couple of seasons and the sh*t we've had to put up with from them two other yank gobshites, it has been a pleasure to watch this lad play every week. It's been f**king brilliant when we have celebrated his goals, the now famous song of his, no offence I'm a realist at times and there is not a chance in hell we would get players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi or that pussy Ronaldo, and he is a pussy the man was reviled everytime he played for them manc tw*ts against us, so no I wouldn't want Ronaldo playing for LFC, I do not like the man and I don't like what he stands for.

When Nando gets back to his best he will be banging them in for fun and when he does decide to leave, because this is the Liverpool he did not sign up for, WE WILL TRULY MISS HIM, JUST LIKE WE'LL MISS HIS MATE PEPE!!

Fair points, agree to disagree. I fear we'll get 15 more PL games from him this season, if we're lucky....cheers
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Reply #273: Dec 09, 2010 04:17:14 pm

Seriously over the last couple of seasons and the sh*t we've had to put up with from them two other yank gobshites, it has been a pleasure to watch this lad play every week. It's been f**king brilliant when we have celebrated his goals, the now famous song of his, no offence I'm a realist at times and there is not a chance in hell we would get players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi or that pussy Ronaldo, and he is a pussy the man was reviled everytime he played for them manc tw*ts against us, so no I wouldn't want Ronaldo playing for LFC, I do not like the man and I don't like what he stands for.

i agree 100 per cent with you mate,when nando gets back to his best he  will score goals again and that will be very soon ,COME ON this is fernando torres liverpool's number 9 ,or have we forgotten that !! ;)
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #274: Dec 09, 2010 04:37:11 pm
      This is a useless thread , Do you think any LIVERPOOL fc fan wants torres out
          YNWA
      As I'm older than you , I guess I've been a LFC fan longer than you. The Hunt/Tommy Lawrence and Smith/Emlyn, Lawler, Ronnie Yeats, "fish and chips" ( Ian Callaghan and Thompson, not Phil) . SELL NANDO and buy 2 GREAT strikers that don't get injured like he does and Owen before him and Fowler before him....
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #275: Dec 09, 2010 04:43:05 pm
      When Nando scores, You can see how happy he is. Against Cheslea when he scored he was looking delighted. I reckon he will stay until the summer and if we aren't in the top 4 or haven't got any silverware then he will leave. If we are successful in getting a top 4 finish and/or Europa league winners then he'll stay.

Quick Reply