Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Do you think Torres will leave?

Read 26197 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Do you think Torres will leave?
      Reply #276: Dec 12, 2010 10:27:30 pm
      I reckon he will stay until the summer and if we aren't in the top 4 or haven't got any silverware then he will leave.

So he's leaving then.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #277: Dec 12, 2010 10:31:51 pm
      his value has dropped significantly he lacks confidence and his lack of interest and motivation are evident. he is only half the player he used to be. think playing injured has also added to his woes
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #278: Dec 12, 2010 10:32:10 pm

Just sh*t yourself if you see him with any new tattoos with the words "Glory Glory" or "Blue is the Colour."
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #279: Dec 12, 2010 10:50:36 pm
      At the moment I fear it's inevitable.  I think he wanted to give Roy a chance but it's not working out at the moment, and unless there is a HUGE tactical rethink, nothing will change this season.  Remember too, he's been promised the earth by Purslow et al (e.g. big signings etc) and nothing has materialised.

It must be pretty demoralising to be asked to play a strikers role that you have never played throughout your career i.e. a target man.  He needs ammunition, not aimless long balls for him to chase - that's what Roy bought Andy Johnson for at Fulham or for him to hold the ball up while his team mates (who are 70 yards behind him) to catch up.  Of course his confidence is going to be shot.

Sorry to be so down, but that's how footie is making me feel this season. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #280: Dec 12, 2010 10:54:36 pm

It must be pretty demoralising to be asked to play a strikers role that you have never played throughout your career i.e. a target man.  He needs ammunition, not aimless long balls for him to chase - that's what Roy bought Andy Johnson for at Fulham or for him to hold the ball up while his team mates (who are 70 yards behind him) to catch up.  Of course his confidence is going to be shot.

Sorry to be so down, but that's how footie is making me feel this season. 

Exactly how I'm feeling. Even the home games feel like a chore!

Something you just have to do.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #281: Dec 13, 2010 07:23:33 am
      As I'm older than you , I guess I've been a LFC fan longer than you. The Hunt/Tommy Lawrence and Smith/Emlyn, Lawler, Ronnie Yeats, "fish and chips" ( Ian Callaghan and Thompson, not Phil) . SELL NANDO and buy 2 GREAT strikers that don't get injured like he does and Owen before him and Fowler before him....
      I fail to see what age and how long you have been a L.F.C. fan has got to do with the thread about Torres.If Torres was given a bit more protection from Refs then he might not pick up so many injuries,it appears to be  pre determined by defenders to stop him by what ever filthy means they can use.Unless things change at Anfield I can see him leaving and as mentioned by H.R.if he goes rest assured Reina will go too.
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #282: Dec 13, 2010 11:29:48 am
      I fail to see what age and how long you have been a L.F.C. fan has got to do with the thread about Torres.If Torres was given a bit more protection from Refs then he might not pick up so many injuries,it appears to be  pre determined by defenders to stop him by what ever filthy means they can use.Unless things change at Anfield I can see him leaving and as mentioned by H.R.if he goes rest assured Reina will go too.
      That was my response to your post:
      "This is a useless thread , Do you think any LIVERPOOL fc fan wants torres out"
          If this tread is so useless, why are you still reading the posts? Just re-read your question:
      "Do you think any LIVERPOOL fc fan wants torres out" (?)
      YES. YES & YES. Read the posts, many folks, not the majority by any means, would not be averse to selling Nando. Again, we all know a fully fit/confident Torres is one of the very best goalscorers in all of world football. Unfortunately, as we all know he's injured too frequently, and he is not the player he was TWO SEASONS ago.
      You asked what the relevance of the length of time I have been  a LFC supporter compared to you. Merely trying to point out I'm not a newbie fan. Obviously I failed to make the point. Please don't bother responding, you irritate me. Hopefully your on to another thread as you have previously stated this one is crap.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #283: Dec 13, 2010 12:00:35 pm
      well with the way he is playing now, and it is very hard to say this, off with him, his attitude is terrible.

obciously in a few days time, I will want him to stay :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #284: Dec 13, 2010 12:22:20 pm
      The previous crew would have been ecstatic with any whispers about Torres getting off and the resulting mega bucks.
      JH on the other hand has indicated that he has no intention of asset stripping so the obvious conclusion is that the player would want to go for his own reasons.
      Nobody seriously wants to see him walk and the only possible reason for him going would be any dramatic change in the set up at Anfield IE managerial issues and all that entails. In a word Hodgsons lack of credibility, winning mentality and The Liverpool Way could see our man depart for pastures new, JH doesn't need to asset strip while Roy's in charge. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #285: Dec 13, 2010 12:55:27 pm
      Why would he stay in a team stuck in mid table no CL playing 40 year old tactics home and away.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #286: Dec 13, 2010 01:17:08 pm
      Why would he stay in a team stuck in mid table no CL playing 40 year old tactics home and away.
      As I said mate that is the only reason he'd do one.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #287: Dec 13, 2010 01:21:31 pm
      He's clearly not enjoying his football.

Sh*te tactics, especially when told to play in a role he has never played his whole life, along with the struggle to get results and the possibility of the same sh*te next season as stated above, a mid table team without champions league football next season.

No questioning his loyalty and love for everything about Liverpool but he isn't going to stay another season for those as this season can be IMO, written off as a wasted season for the likes of him and Reina.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #288: Dec 14, 2010 07:59:42 am
          If this tread is so useless, why are you still reading the posts? Just re-read your question:
      YES. YES & YES. Read the posts, many folks, not the majority by any means, would not be averse to selling Nando. Again, we all know a fully fit/confident Torres is one of the very best goalscorers in all of world football. Unfortunately, as we all know he's injured too frequently, and he is not the player he was TWO SEASONS ago.
      You asked what the relevance of the length of time I have been  a LFC supporter compared to you. Merely trying to point out I'm not a newbie fan. Obviously I failed to make the point. Please don't bother responding, you irritate me. Hopefully your on to another thread as you have previously stated this one is crap.
      I think you need to direct your tirade to the right poster,You irritate me as it was carragerrard  who you quoted in your earlier post.I also happen to believe that young REDS have as much credibility when debating our club as older fans so the point I was making was age does not matter.Where you told to not bother responding I will be interested to see if you have the guts to apologise.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #289: Dec 14, 2010 08:16:59 am
      I think he will stay personally. However if a 60mil offer came in for him i would accept. I wouldn't like to see Fernando leave cause I love the guy, but that money could go towards two quality strikers ie. Any of Dzeko,Tevez,Llorente with probably some to spare to put towards qaulity wingers to get it to them.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #290: Dec 14, 2010 08:38:54 am
      I strongly beleive we lose Hodgson or we lose Torres , We cant have both .
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #291: Dec 14, 2010 08:55:26 am
      it's simple really, he will leave at the end of the season unless the below happens:

- jh and co announce healthy transfer budget in the summer to show intent
      - roy hodgson is sacked and a new manager's appointed (and a good one at that too) before the summer transfer window
      - plans for the stadium build/upgrade are announced and work begins

I don't think we will finish in top 4 and we won't win a major trophy, but his loyalty to club will keep him here till end of season and he'll stay if there's a promising outlook where he thinks we can challenge for major honours again in the next 2/3 seasons. he's 26, his best years are ahead of him (not behind him as some are saying here) but he'll want to spend those here only if he thinks he can win things.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #292: Dec 14, 2010 08:58:09 am
      The previous crew would have been ecstatic with any whispers about Torres getting off and the resulting mega bucks.

Good point.

it's simple really, he will leave at the end of the season unless the below happens:

- jh and co announce healthy transfer budget in the summer to show intent
      - roy hodgson is sacked and a new manager's appointed (and a good one at that too) before the summer transfer window
      - plans for the stadium build/upgrade are announced and work begins

I actually think it has already gone too far, but the the three things you outline may help dissuade him from going to a CL club.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #293: Dec 14, 2010 09:44:24 am
      My guess is that if we don't invest heavily in the squad Torres will be looking to go in the summer. While NESV may think that a long term view is what is required, the players like most fans want it NOW, and I can't see Torres hanging around a struggling squad fighting for a top 6 place every season, filled with average players, when he could be at a top club counting his medals. Major investment over the next two transfer windows and he may stay, otherwise the players we buy may be from the sale of Torres.

onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #294: Dec 14, 2010 09:52:50 am
      My guess is that if we don't invest heavily in the squad Torres will be looking to go in the summer. While NESV may think that a long term view is what is required, the players like most fans want it NOW, and I can't see Torres hanging around a struggling squad fighting for a top 6 place every season, filled with average players, when he could be at a top club counting his medals. Major investment over the next two transfer windows and he may stay, otherwise the players we buy may be from the sale of Torres.

This. Although I do feel with his poor form and even worse injury record he owes us a season of scoring goals. NESV need to invest heavily, if this is done be it In January or summer it should give Torres the impetus to stay. Significantly though, I've said it before and I'll say it again, if he goes he goes - good bye and good riddance. We are Liverpool FC, we're bigger than any player.

YNWA
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #295: Dec 14, 2010 09:59:47 am

Just like your other posts, you make it patently clear, that only your opinion counts. Trying to compare your "length of service" as a fan, or you age, you clearly are a tw*t of the highest order.
      RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #296: Dec 14, 2010 10:02:14 am

Let's not forget that no one is bigger than the club and no one is indispensable. If a player decides to move on for better and bigger pastures, so be it. If LFC is not able to give him the medals, as fans we should give him the moral support and wish him all the best and for a player like Torres, I'll be very honestly happy for him.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #297: Dec 14, 2010 10:10:01 am
      I actually think it has already gone too far, but the the three things you outline may help dissuade him from going to a CL club.

what makes you say that? i'm not disagreeing with you but i do think the owners are writing this season off as a season to stabilise the club and start rebuilding in the summer. the point is, i can't see torres leaving in jan, bad time to move around, and if my hunch is correct, then the summer will herald a new beginning.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #298: Dec 14, 2010 10:19:57 am
      Would love for him to recapture his form and bang in more goals for us. Can't see it happening though. It doesn't just look like sour grapes about false promises etc. He genuinely looks half the player he was. Down to the injuries I believe...

Quick Reply