Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Do you think Torres will leave?

Read 26194 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,436 posts | 3420 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Do you think Torres will leave?
      Reply #299: Dec 14, 2010 10:50:22 am
      I wonder if the rent boys are talking about selling Drogba and the mancs about Rooney, to be honest the level of performances are about the same. The simple fact if if Torres wanted to leave he would have. I have faith that he will rediscover the touch, he just needs a good run of games and to get his confidence back. I may be over optimistic but I do not worry about Nando as much as other people. The press reaction at the moment is just hysterical.
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #300: Dec 15, 2010 02:27:00 am
      I think you need to direct your tirade to the right poster,You irritate me as it was carragerrard  who you quoted in your earlier post.I also happen to believe that young REDS have as much credibility when debating our club as older fans so the point I was making was age does not matter.Where you told to not bother responding I will be interested to see if you have the guts to apologise.
      Firstly, I know it's a feeble excuse, but I am still learning to respond to the right poster. You are the 2nd Liverpool Supporter I have insulted because , I guess, I am an idiot and didn't follow the thread correctly. I do apologise Sir. I wish I was in Liverpool, I could invite you for din din/ pintas ( I thinks that's the way several pints is spelt) and apologise in person. Sorry and also we are on different pages, I don't asubscribe to your point of view. A very sincere sorry, if I may call you, mate. Cheers
      DumDore
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #301: Dec 15, 2010 03:28:43 pm
      Torres will leave if Hodgson stays
      yehyehyehred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #302: Dec 15, 2010 11:21:11 pm
      What do we say Torres is worth nowadays? I see 50,60 million being bandied around and i think F**k me he's not even worth half of that the way he is playing. The only team who would pay stupid money like that is city. So if they come in in January with an offer like that we should take it. We can buy a new leftback,two wingers and a new striker. Ideally we could just sack roy,get a manager in that understands attacking football and nando will start banging the goals in again.
      m4Rco
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • 'cause you said the brains I had went to my head.
      Reply #303: Dec 16, 2010 04:12:28 am
      Torres is still worth the 50 millions. Remember how he did against Chelsea? That's what he's capable off and that's what makes him so good. All he need is harmony. He needs to feel like home in order to play like we know he can. I'm afraid Hodgson is tearing the family feeling apart. So Torres will only leave, if Hodgson stays. And there's no way that I'd accept that trade.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #304: Dec 16, 2010 04:16:53 am
      Bring in some of his Spanish team mates and he'll be grand ;)
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #305: Dec 16, 2010 11:49:25 am
      unfortunately I reckon his departure is pretty much nailed on.  There will then be the paper headlines of 'my LFC nightmare' broken promises, injury etc etc.  Its a shame as on his day he is a wonderful player but one that needs looking after physically.  The euro champs and world cup have done us no favours with his fitness.  Personally would love him to stay but can see that LFC will not be challenging for anything meaningful for at least the next two years
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #306: Dec 16, 2010 11:53:28 am
      He has a wife and 2 kids now. The weather here is sh*te and he is in a team with no confidence and has a dullard manager. What would you do.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #307: Dec 16, 2010 12:01:47 pm
      A very sincere sorry, if I may call you, mate. Cheers

No you may not.

The man's name is Billy.

Sir Billy or Mr Billy to you ... son.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #308: Dec 16, 2010 04:40:13 pm
      would many people here be angry if Torres left this summer?
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #309: Dec 16, 2010 04:47:20 pm
      I'd be angry but i'd understand why he'd leave ?

If he left for a team in Spain like Bacelona i'd understand,but if he went to City or Chelsea i'd never forgive him.

He is one of the best players in the world and i don't expect him to stay with a team that plays route 1 football,has a manager who is out of his depth,and the thought of champions league football just a distant memory.

Sadly i think he won't be a Liverpool player come August and along with all the deadwood we may have an entirely different squad.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #310: Dec 16, 2010 05:13:53 pm
      If he is on Hodgson's bench he is an "also ran" according to RH.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #311: Dec 16, 2010 05:14:28 pm
      He has a wife and 2 kids now. The weather here is sh*te and he is in a team with no confidence and has a dullard manager. What would you do.
      When did he have another kid?
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #312: Dec 16, 2010 05:26:15 pm
      When did he have another kid?

Last Monday during the match against Aston Villa. Had a son and named him Leo.

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #313: Dec 16, 2010 06:23:48 pm
      In that case congrats to Nando.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #314: Dec 16, 2010 06:36:49 pm
      He's already gone.....You have watched him lately haven't you?

He keeps the tourists and the girls happy anyway,If he goes,i won't shed any tears,i've seen better players come and go.....
      No we just get on with it and replace him
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #315: Dec 16, 2010 06:38:29 pm
      No you may not.

The man's name is Billy.

Sir Billy or Mr Billy to you ... son.
      Thanks for the support Skip it is very flattering but in my mind the only Sir Billy was the great Billy Liddell.I must add that was the first poster on this forum that has made me really angry.cheers.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #316: Dec 16, 2010 08:12:16 pm
      There are three.

Sir Billy Liddell ..... Sir Billy Shankly .... and You !   ;)

(If you go down to the Albert
      You' ll hear our famous noise ...

Get out you Ever*on bas**rds
      We're the BILLY Shankly boys)
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #317: Dec 16, 2010 08:21:43 pm
          sums it all up really doesn't it? I think he will leave unless we change the manager and NESV get a grip ! 
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #318: Dec 16, 2010 08:43:31 pm
      Of course he will, and who can F***ing blame him.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #319: Dec 16, 2010 09:41:27 pm
      Won't blame him.

He's playing a role he has never played before in a team managed by an old-fashioned 18th century negative manager. He needs quick passes, ground passes to his feet and through balls. Not freaking 50 yard hoofballs to be chased!

The only reason why he seems to be out of form is because he hardly gets the ball to even do anything with it. And when he does have the ball, no one is there to support him fast enough because they have been sitting back too much.

And by the looks of it, we won't be challenging top honours for at least the next couple of seasons and this season, is another one going to waste for the likes of him and Reina.

Last year, he scored tons of goals and enjoyed himself. It is not coincidence that it's only this season where he's starting to show his disinterest.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #320: Dec 16, 2010 10:12:28 pm

The weather is sh*te? he has a wife and kids?....Poor Torres can't play when the weather turns a bit cold? How did we survive....Bless his little cotton socks i'm sure he knew about This glorious weather before he came....The family bit? Explanation is wanted..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #321: Dec 17, 2010 05:28:31 am
      The weather is sh*te? he has a wife and kids?....Poor Torres can't play when the weather turns a bit cold? How did we survive....Bless his little cotton socks i'm sure he knew about This glorious weather before he came....The family bit? Explanation is wanted..

Ooh I bet you're just trembling in excitement at the prospect of Carlton Cole aren't you? A nice big pile of F***ing sh*te English centre forward.

What's your problem with Torres, the lad's having to put up with sh*t tactics that inspire absolutely F**k-all confidence in anyone.

But hey, least we've got a fresh approach!!

Quick Reply