Trending Topics

Do you think Torres will leave?

Read 26521 times
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Re: Do you think Torres will leave?
      Reply #46: Sep 26, 2010 11:17:41 pm
      He's lost a lot of form that's plain for all to see and during the World cup he looked like a cart horse...after watching him during the summer it was easy to see all wasn't right with Torres,he looked very unfit a legacy from his injury i thought and he  didn't contribute one iota to Spain winning the World cup...

But i'm not really sure how to view this....he didn't play that well last season but these things tend to come and go and it happens to all strikers at some point,He will eventually leave,but i won't shed any tears,they are not my hero's any more i'm not 8,i see them for what they are,football players..

There's a different kind of adulation now that goes beyond playing ability,if he goes so what.

I'll still go,he'll be replaced as Keegan and Rush were before him and quite a few more besides,we're still here.

MsGerrard
      Reply #47: Sep 26, 2010 11:19:53 pm
      If there is no change of ownership by the end of the season (god forbid) and we are languishing in mid table with no prospects of European Football next season, then yes, I think he will go  :(
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #48: Sep 27, 2010 02:02:23 am
      I think he'll leave if this season finishes under 4th with no new owners. He isn't getting younger is he?
      RedDownUnder
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #49: Sep 27, 2010 02:29:27 am
      Was it just me or did Gerrard ignore Nando when he scored the goal? He did set it up and Stevie just ran right past him. Is there something going on?
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #50: Sep 27, 2010 02:40:34 am
      Was it just me or did Gerrard ignore Nando when he scored the goal? He did set it up and Stevie just ran right past him. Is there something going on?

Yeah noticed that as well. Could be something on there but I don't want to start stirring things up. Lets just leave this in the cupboard.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #51: Sep 27, 2010 03:29:50 am
      Not in January, he won't.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #52: Sep 27, 2010 08:26:53 am
      I feel for the boy. He came here to the biggest club in the world and I'm sure whatever's happening to the club is hurting him because he loves the club, the fans and everything about Liverpool. He loves us as much as we love him!

It's difficult to see his feelings because a picture is a story of a 1000 words. He was unhappy in the tunnel but was happy when he set up Kuyt. About the issue with Gerrard, I'm guessing the captain must have had a little chat with him before the game so they were not really on talking terms after Torres set up Gerrard for the equaliser. However, they did celebrate together the weekend before.

I'm sure he would love to stay here for many years but it is difficult for him to commit once again after so many broken promises. If we don't get new owners ( and very capable ones) and have a respective end to the season (a trophy and/or at least top 4), I have to be honest and say we won't have this Liverpool's number 9 next season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #53: Sep 27, 2010 08:38:08 am
      Depends on the ownership issue in my opinion.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #54: Sep 27, 2010 08:43:21 am
      Cant blame him for wanting to leave, the way we are playing we wont win F**k all for years.

The lad is one of the best in the world and he has high ambitions, i give him full credit for at least trying, many would have pissed off earlier.

One of the rare loyal players these days, but if we continue the slump he will ask for a move.

carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #55: Sep 27, 2010 08:50:15 am
      If we don't look like improving at the end of the season, I can't see him staying. For me, if he did stay it would show tremendous loyalty - if he goes, then no blame, he has stuck around for a fair bit of the tough stuff now already. His window for success is in the next few years, so we need to show him we can provide that or he will leave.

The poor sod has to "work" for an hour or two almost every other week at the moment and our tight fisted club are only giving him in excess of £100k a week for his "loyalty". I'm surprised he's still here!
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #56: Sep 27, 2010 08:55:42 am
      The poor sod has to "work" for an hour or two almost every other week at the moment and our tight fisted club are only giving him in excess of £100k a week for his "loyalty". I'm surprised he's still here!

Dont agree there, Torres has shown loyalty, just because the money in football is ridiculous doesnt make a difference, he still gave Liverpool an extra chance because he is loyal, he could have jumped ship for a nice signing on fee and double the wages.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #57: Sep 27, 2010 08:57:59 am
      I love the lad to bits but if he wants out then he should go, no player is bigger then liverpool even Sir Gerrard.

Actually, if there is one player who is bigger than LFC it is Gerrard. He is the only player that has kept us going during some very long periods of sh*te in the last 10-15 years. Unlike some, he doesn't sulk if the team isn't performing around him - he pulls up his socks and makes the difference himself. He's head and shoulders above every other player and member of staff at the club in terms of ability, effort, honesty, integrity and pride. If he goes (which he won't), we should support whichever team he goes to as the current players, club and owners don't deserve us.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #58: Sep 27, 2010 09:01:18 am

Yes, they don't have to train or adhere to a strict diet.  They just show up on match day and spend the rest of their time frolicking in a field filled with rainbows and sunshine.

Actually, if there is one player who is bigger than LFC it is Gerrard. He is the only player that has kept us going during some very long periods of sh*te in the last 10-15 years. Unlike some, he doesn't sulk if the team isn't performing around him - he pulls up his socks and makes the difference himself. He's head and shoulders above every other player and member of staff at the club in terms of ability, effort, honesty, integrity and pride. If he goes (which he won't), we should support whichever team he goes to as the current players, club and owners don't deserve us.

No player is bigger than LFC, end of.

edit: He sure didn't last year.  Guarantee if he was dropped in favour of Benayoun we would have made top 4 easy, but we all understand the politics at the club.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #59: Sep 27, 2010 09:01:59 am
      Dont agree there, Torres has shown loyalty, just because the money in football is ridiculous doesnt make a difference, he still gave Liverpool an extra chance because he is loyal, he could have jumped ship for a nice signing on fee and double the wages.

What loyalty?? He's only been a here a few years and has been first name on the teamsheet whenever fit. The club has looked after him well so he can have NO complaints.

A sulky player with such an injury record does NOT give LFC "another chance" - we give him one!

Besides, no one has made an offer for Torres so how could he have jumped ship?
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #60: Sep 27, 2010 09:02:11 am
      I think unless the situation changes soon and there's an improvement on the pitch that Torres will leave, and who can blame him.  He is the one constantly questioning the owners of the club and possible transfer targets to help improve the team.  It also appears to have taken a lot of promises (broken as they are) for him to commit to the club.

He's Liverpool through and through, the fans love him and he loves us so it must hurt him more than most at what is happening to the club.  At the minute if we're all honest, his career is suffering playing for Liverpool.  A more selfish player would have jumped ship already.

Bang on that post, I think he is waiting to see what happens, but to be honest I don't think he will wait too long, if things haven't changed by January transfer window I think he will move... Couldn't blame him either..
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #61: Sep 27, 2010 09:04:31 am
      I think he will leave at the end of the season yes

my reason though is only because of the lack of ambition and broken promises from the club.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #62: Sep 27, 2010 09:07:12 am
      What loyalty?? He's only been a here a few years and has been first name on the teamsheet whenever fit. The club has looked after him well so he can have NO complaints.

A sulky player with such an injury record does NOT give LFC "another chance" - we give him one!

He earned his name on that team sheet every week by scoring like it was going out of fashion.  Only saw him sulk a handful of times under Rafa's reign, why is it that under superior man manager Woy's guidance, this has come to light?
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #63: Sep 27, 2010 09:08:40 am

Lets be honest Torres could go to any club in the world, he IS Loyal and i think he is great, money doesnt come into in at all.

If he asked for a transfer which he HASNT there would be a queue for his signature no doubt about it.

Torres along with players like Cahill i hold in the highest regard.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #64: Sep 27, 2010 11:39:30 am

What planet are you on mate. City, Chelsea, Utd have all made offers / been linked with Torres over the past two years.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #65: Sep 27, 2010 11:39:48 am
      At the moment I think Torres just wants what we all want – new owners that invest in the club and make us competitive again.

However, the press and the media just won’t let up. I’ve noticed recently that the media have started to attack Torres’s attitude and performances as opposed to being in any way critical of our recently appointed English manager.

People say he doesn’t look happy at the moment but none of us are

I think his performances still show commitment – won the penalty and free kick against the scum, made two goals on Saturday and had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

Problem is, he doesn’t really get any service.     

Think his heart is still at Anfield at the moment, but a lot is dependent on how quickly we can get owners that will seriously invest in the club.     
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #66: Sep 27, 2010 12:03:35 pm
      If things dont get sorted with the ownership I think he will be gone in Janurary :(
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #67: Sep 27, 2010 12:07:37 pm
      if we continue under these criminals then yes

If however, we oust this evil and are then owned by decent people who will invest then I think he will stay...

He's waiting like we all are.....

In a few months it could be so different
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #68: Sep 27, 2010 12:17:24 pm
      if we continue under these criminals then yes

If however, we oust this evil and are then owned by decent people who will invest then I think he will stay...

He's waiting like we all are.....

In a few months it could be so different

spot on m8 let hope ownership changes soon ay YNWA

Quick Reply