Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Rafa: "Liverpool is my home - I'll be back"

Read 46646 times
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Re: Rafa: "Liverpool is my home - I'll be back"
      Reply #575: Dec 24, 2010 09:29:03 am

Aquilani - injured and needs time to adjust to england

Aquilani? In his current form?
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #576: Dec 24, 2010 09:37:00 am
      You didn't really balance the books by throwing in the two short planks did you Gaz?

The point of my post is to highlight that any Manager we get will have faults which we will debate in this forum. Ex players will always have opinions whether they're paid to say it or not. The question I asked is who is out there that doesn't have faults? You gloss over my
      point by saying you  don't want to drag the thread down, doesn't usually stop you but obviously on this occasion it suits you Gaz.

Deep down you know he's the best man for the job but you're stuck in a groove.

OOO bit of 80s madonna is now ringing in my head "get into the groove" however it's quite a leading question LFC that if we are not careful will get some bringing the thread down as I said above.

But the next manager would have to be a great man manager, because in my opinion that is what you have to be in a top four side, Wenger has it Maureen had slur Alex has it. Rafa didn't and doesn't hence he falls out with to many people. Each of the above names have their faults but what is clear is that their players will run through brick Walls for them. Not seen that here since Kenny.

I have been quoted in the past that there is a massive difference between being a good coach and a great manager not many posses what is required to make the step up. A poster yesterday made a good point on another thread which I couldn't be bothered to reply on at the time as the thread was decending into yet more arguments, but I think people underestimate how much Pako actually played in Rafas most successful season but he fell out with him as well I am lead to believe.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #577: Dec 24, 2010 09:38:01 am
      Out of all the posts relating to Rafa's possible return as Manager of LFC the one recurring theme from those against his return is that the man has faults, who exactly is this mythical faultless manager you want as LFC manager in his place?

I think that would be God right? Without faults? I guess we could give him a go, he is in Australia right now though.  :f_tongueincheek:
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #578: Dec 24, 2010 09:51:54 am
      Out of all the posts relating to Rafa's possible return as Manager of LFC the one recurring theme from those against his return is that the man has faults, who exactly is this mythical faultless manager you want as LFC manager in his place?

Every manager has faults, but for me Rafa's faults are all down to his stubbornness. That is one thing he is unlikely to change. It's all plan A, and no willingness to try plan B when it aint working.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #579: Dec 24, 2010 09:56:52 am
      OOO bit of 80s madonna is now ringing in my head "get into the groove" however it's quite a leading question LFC that if we are not careful will get some bringing the thread down as I said above.

But the next manager would have to be a great man manager, because in my opinion that is what you have to be in a top four side, Wenger has it Maureen had slur Alex has it. Rafa didn't and doesn't hence he falls out with to many people. Each of the above names have their faults but what is clear is that their players will run through brick Walls for them. Not seen that here since Kenny.

I have been quoted in the past that there is a massive difference between being a good coach and a great manager not many posses what is required to make the step up. A poster yesterday made a good point on another thread which I couldn't be bothered to reply on at the time as the thread was decending into yet more arguments, but I think people underestimate how much Pako actually played in Rafas most successful season but he fell out with him as well I am lead to believe.

I know what you mean about running through walls but that kind of manager is very hard to find and as you say Gaz even though a Manager may be brilliant at man management he will have faults in other parts of his managerial make-up. Wenger may be able to get a team to play beautiful attacking football but for some reason he can't get the bas**rds to shoot from outside the box.

I think that despite his faults Rafa is the best option out there at the moment and you never know maybe he's honed his faults into formidable weapons. ;)

Just to add, I know what you mean about dragging the thread down. It's been a long hard week of reading the forum. It's got to have gotten bad, I'm even agreeing with you!  ;)
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #580: Dec 24, 2010 09:59:42 am

[/quote]

Spot on Rafa is a great coach but a poor manager.
      He got rid of Pako as soon as he started getting good
      press regarding his coaching prowess sadly Rafa saw that
      as a threat rather than a bonus!
      Sadly this shows Rafa the way he is....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #581: Dec 24, 2010 10:06:03 am
      ^ He didn't get rid of Pako 'as he started getting good'. Pako left because he was talking to people behind Rafa's back and Rafa told him to do one if he was going to grab a knife and stick it in.

For Christmas i'd love for Liverpool to be knowledgeable once again and not so assuming of certain events. Read, my good man, and you will be enlightened to the truth.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #582: Dec 24, 2010 10:18:43 am
      Sorry i dont agree with you Pako may have
      given his opinion when asked for which he
      was entitled to do.
      But Rafa took it the way he chose to due
      to his insecurity.Pako never tried to undermine Rafa
      he was a always a loyal brilliant lieutenant.
      Pako got stabbed not Rafa..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #583: Dec 24, 2010 10:24:00 am
      Google the situation and you'll have your answer.

Your entitled to your opinion, but the fachts are on the internet if you want to research the situation and realise your wrong.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #584: Dec 24, 2010 10:26:38 am
      I think this argument is way bigger than "we can't dig into the past and get him back that will be embarrassing from the outside!"

I am not pro or anti any stance or Manager or anything just pro LFC. The way I see it Rafa was stripped of Liverpool prematurely and it wouldn't be wrong to want him back after only six months at another club. We know Italian clubs are like Greek clubs they will not take the kind of man Rafa is as manager they have very short tempers and would not give him time that he needs to settle. I believe in his philosophies and would like to see him back given our new management but only if we see more signs to suggest this is the right way forward.

Roy needs to be out before seasons end - it would not be good finishing this season below top 4 with his reign just ending (or at worst, still going) and no other manager making some kind of impression in games to spare. There are positives to be gained from some things Roy is doing that will hopefully leave a good imprint on LFC when he leaves, like Shelvey playing and Meireles holding a central position down for many games in a row, same with Lucas. Pity his negatives are off the charts.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #585: Dec 24, 2010 10:26:50 am
      Google the situation and you'll have your answer.

Your entitled to your opinion, but the fachts are on the internet if you want to research the situation and realise your wrong.

Not actually facts but one persons opinion I.e. rafa, but how you dress it up they fell out for one reason or another
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #586: Dec 24, 2010 10:29:01 am
      Not actually facts but one persons opinion I.e. rafa, but how you dress it up they fell out for one reason or another

Pako more or less confirmed it a little while ago. You'll have to forgive me for not being able to find it as it was an article that is now lost in the backburners of the internet, but i'm sure the quotes are out there for people who are interested in being informed.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #587: Dec 24, 2010 10:34:54 am
      Pako more or less confirmed it a little while ago. You'll have to forgive me for not being able to find it as it was an article that is now lost in the backburners of the internet, but I'm sure the quotes are out there for people who are interested in being informed.

Think yo may be referring to when they fell out over coaching methods and Pako was seen talking to Jose. Again all rumours. Pako said they fell out and Rafa didn't like the link he had with Chelsea at the time, hardly talking about sticking knives in back unless I have missed something. 
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #588: Dec 24, 2010 10:40:08 am
      So much revisionist bullshit being thrown about on here, most of it straight out of the media handbook called "How To Slag Off Benitez" by James Lawton and Andy Gray.

As usual, these people don't let the facts get in the way, and are more than happy to regurgitate the media LIES and bullshit to suit their own agenda.

Don't try F***ing kidding us that you want what's best for Liverpool - you just don't want him back because he would prove you all wrong.

A F***ing gutless bunch of wankers from the press are being feted as visionaries, for destroying the one man who fought for us, and helped save us by raising awareness of what the owners were doing.

That's before we get onto his record as a manager where we won over 55% of games, with a limited budget, and while the club was being arse raped by 2 F***ing conmen - and he got that win percentage whilst fighting for us and our club, re-building the academy, re-structuring the medical and training staff and generally bringing the club into the 21st century.

All those ex-players slagging him are not fit to lace his shoes, and yet they sit there, in their F***ing ivory towers critisizing a man who took on a job that was the hardest in the league while they didn't even have the balls to go into management.

Those who can, do.

those who can't, go into journalism and slag others off.

And the same goes on here - so stop with the revisionist bollocks, for fucks sake never mention ronnie F***ing whelan again, or any other ex-player who talks sh*t to get press work, and think about the club instead of your own F***ing ego's.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #589: Dec 24, 2010 10:43:59 am
      Without dissecting all of the above, GED was the main instigator for Melwood and all the facilities.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #590: Dec 24, 2010 10:48:53 am
      Without dissecting all of the above, GED was the main instigator for Melwood and all the facilities.

He may have been - but did you know that the academy kids got no training in tactics, formations or anything else before Rafa came?

You're determined to slag Rafa off, and any achievements of his at the same time.

I tell you what, when hodgson leaves, F**k off with him to his next club, and take your F***ing cronies with you.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #591: Dec 24, 2010 10:51:47 am
      He may have been - but did you know that the academy kids got no training in tactics, formations or anything else before Rafa came?

You're determined to slag Rafa off, and any achievements of his at the same time.

I tell you what, when hodgson leaves, f**k off with him to his next club, and take your f**king cronies with you.

Well a nice morning of debate is dragged down by one of the usual suspects, another thread hyjacked well done sir.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #592: Dec 24, 2010 10:57:55 am
      Well a nice morning of debate is dragged down by one of the usual suspects, another thread hyjacked well done sir.

Another thread hijacked?  < correct spelling.

It's a F***ing Rafa thread, and your constant revisionist bullshit isn't debate, it's F***ing lies, as well you know.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #593: Dec 24, 2010 11:01:21 am
      Another thread hijacked?  < correct spelling.

It's a f**king Rafa thread, and your constant revisionist bullshit isn't debate, it's f**king lies, as well you know.

Lies my friend are trying to say the kids had no training in formation and tactic before Rafa came what utter bollocks. I am sure a certain Mr Heighway who brought Stevie G ,Owen Carra through since about 89 would have something to say about that. Stop spouting stupid comments as facts.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #594: Dec 24, 2010 11:27:21 am
      Topic Locked.

Already a topic about potential future LFC managers.
      Already a topic concerning Rafa Benitez posts in the General Football forum.

Quick Reply