Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Hodgson: I'll Turn Things Around In The Coming Months

Read 11221 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,499 posts | 8678 
      Re: Hodgson: I'll Turn Things Around In The Coming Months
      Reply #92: Oct 10, 2010 05:47:53 pm
      Sick to death of all the negativity and ludicrous venom spat at Roy Hodgson. If you apply your "lucky" logic to Rafa then we only put up with him because Steven Gerrard "lucked" him into the 2005 Champions League knockout stages, then "lucked" the win, then "lucked" the 2006 Cup win.

FFS people....Roy Hodgson is a good man and a good manager working in a very difficult situation with a squad of players who are not good enough and may well be demoralised by the lack of progress in the club.

Roy deserves more time before being thrown to the wolves.

I'm embarrassed by the sh*t written by most people here. You think you are Liverpool fans but in my eyes you are actually scum that make Liverpool LFC look third rate.

What utter sh*te!!

You mean when two kids came on and shook Olympiakos to the core and then Gerrard turned up with his usual "Hollywood" goal, that was from two substitutions RAFA made!!

And let's not forget Luis Garcia's contribution on getting us to Istanbul, that would be a RAFA signing and let's not forget he brought Hamann on, who was the real hero in Istanbul, if it wasn't for him clamping down on Kaka, who had run riot during the first half, we would of still faced an onslaught in the second half.

Really, I'm scum, F**k off nobhead you post continual sh*t, and was calling for Rafa's head last season, so I don't need supporting lessons off turncoats like you lad.

One final thing, at any point during Rafa's reign, where we ever in the bottom three?

Thought not, this is all Roy's own making, don't forget he brought the bag of sh*te that is Poulsen and Konchesky here, two players that are definitely not Liverpool class and Poulsen especially is contributing F**k-all in helping us get out of our current predicament.

So at what point should he be thrown to the wolves, when we are in the F***ing Championship?
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #93: Oct 10, 2010 05:54:49 pm
      Sick to death of all the negativity and ludicrous venom spat at Roy Hodgson. If you apply your "lucky" logic to Rafa then we only put up with him because Steven Gerrard "lucked" him into the 2005 Champions League knockout stages, then "lucked" the win, then "lucked" the 2006 Cup win.

FFS people....Roy Hodgson is a good man and a good manager working in a very difficult situation with a squad of players who are not good enough and may well be demoralised by the lack of progress in the club.

I'm embarrassed by the sh*t written by most people here. You think you are Liverpool fans but in my eyes you are actually scum that make Liverpool LFC look third rate.

Totally agree mate, he has inherited an inept team, and had no resources to change personel. We needed a different type of striker in the summer to change games, but couldn't get one. Same old story for the last 4 transfer windows, it will take him time to get the team playing the way he wants. Were in an awful position right now but that won't last, if he cann get us up to 7th or higher then i think thats an achievement. With this team we aren't a dominate force anymore,its harsh but true. This bunch of players have been through enough turmoil another manager right now will just cause more chaos.

Lets give him a season and the right tools to work with.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #94: Oct 10, 2010 05:58:05 pm
      ^ What HR said.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #95: Oct 10, 2010 06:11:05 pm
      Totally agree mate, he has inherited an inept team, and had no resources to change personel. We needed a different type of striker in the summer to change games, but couldn't get one. Same old story for the last 4 transfer windows, it will take him time to get the team playing the way he wants. Were in an awful position right now but that won't last, if he cann get us up to 7th or higher then I think thats an achievement. With this team we aren't a dominate force anymore,its harsh but true. This bunch of players have been through enough turmoil another manager right now will just cause more chaos.

Lets give him a season and the right tools to work with.

An inept team that finished 7th last year and spent no amount of time in the bottom half of the table nevermind the relegation zone.  Resources that included Aquilani whom Roy sent out on loan because he couldn't give him first team football, replacing with Poulsen, the most inept ''footballer'' I have ever seen.

The way Roy wants the team to play is the exact way we're playing now - defensive, negative tactics with the mentality of try not to concede and see what happens, hit the ball forward as quick as you can bypassing the whole midfield that includes central midfielders on the wing.

Hodgson has more than enough tools to work with to at least have us 7th.  Instead he has deployed tactics that make us look like relegation certainties in every match we've played this season, with players that are capable of a lot more.  Actually players that Rafa got the best out of more often than not. ;)

Roy has IMO the next few league matches to turn things around.  If he can get a decent amount of points to haul us up the table, then give him time.  If we continue to play as we are, dropping points, then he has to go as soon as possible before we really are in the mire.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,751 posts | 7179 
      Reply #96: Oct 10, 2010 06:16:56 pm
      I find it far more offensive to gob off at forum users that you will never meet as appossed to criticise a man 90% of us think is a decent man but way out of his comfort zone and needs to go now.It is also very disrespectful to Rafa when he did what he did under the most difficult of circumstances.Plenty of people on here know their football and have done for many years a little respect for them wouldnt go a miss.
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #97: Oct 10, 2010 06:32:46 pm
      An inept team that finished 7th last year and spent no amount of time in the bottom half of the table nevermind the relegation zone.  Resources that included Aquilani whom Roy sent out on loan because he couldn't give him first team football, replacing with Poulsen, the most inept ''footballer'' I have ever seen.

The way Roy wants the team to play is the exact way we're playing now - defensive, negative tactics with the mentality of try not to concede and see what happens, hit the ball forward as quick as you can bypassing the whole midfield that includes central midfielders on the wing.

Hodgson has more than enough tools to work with to at least have us 7th.  Instead he has deployed tactics that make us look like relegation certainties in every match we've played this season, with players that are capable of a lot more.  Actually players that Rafa got the best out of more often than not. ;)

Roy has IMO the next few league matches to turn things around.  If he can get a decent amount of points to haul us up the table, then give him time.  If we continue to play as we are, dropping points, then he has to go as soon as possible before we really are in the mire.

Look im not saying the way were playing is ideal at the moment, i really just don't think a manager change right now is the way to go, i'm just saying that we need to give him time. At least till January, but i understand your frustrations because i went to the Blackpool game and we were awful. But its a hard one because i just really don't think now is the time to change Managers.

By the way when i say he inherited a inept squad that is no slur on Rafa, he had no real money either, it all boils down to Hicks and Gillette.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,751 posts | 7179 
      Reply #98: Oct 10, 2010 06:36:51 pm
      That inept squad sent the most players to the world cup and had 4 in the final.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #99: Oct 10, 2010 06:48:28 pm
      I would like Roy to turn things round.

He is a nice guy and so maybe he can start by turning himself around and walking out of Anfield.

Dont let the door hit your @$$ on the way out Roy.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #100: Oct 10, 2010 06:56:20 pm
      Paul Tomkins put it well; 'Nice man, wrong job'. Lovely fella Roy is, I agree now he's outside his comfort zone and his negative brand of tactics shouldn't be employed at Liverpool.

However I still think some of the venomous and disgusting comments from some of the users on here have been way out of line.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #101: Oct 10, 2010 06:58:33 pm
      F**k the media and what they say about the knee jerk Geordie sh*te, Roy has managed around 13 games now not including pre-season and we do not look like anything but relegation candiates in our play never mind league position so as I support Liverpool F.C and not Roy Hodgson I Would Never Have Got This Job If It Was Not For That Said Media F.C, He can jog on once we get new owners in.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #102: Oct 10, 2010 06:59:40 pm
      Paul Tomkins put it well; 'Nice man, wrong job'. Lovely fella Roy is, I agree now he's outside his comfort zone and his negative brand of tactics shouldn't be employed at Liverpool.

However I still think some of the venomous and disgusting comments from some of the users on here have been way out of line.
      ^ what he said
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #103: Oct 10, 2010 08:30:08 pm
      Think Roy may need to phone a friend to get us out of the relegation zone before christmas .....may I suggest MERLIN!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,293 posts | 938 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #104: Oct 10, 2010 08:40:52 pm
      That inept squad sent the most players to the world cup and had 4 in the final.
      Then surely that is a damming indictment of Roy's footballing philosophy
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,751 posts | 7179 
      Reply #105: Oct 10, 2010 09:13:31 pm
      I ws commenting on Rafa leaving an inept squad that had the most players from the premiership going to the world cup and 4 in the final.There are people on here that still refuse to acknowledge 2 things.
      1) Rafa was a genius andif he hadnt had to spend so much time fighting the board he woudl have still been here.
      2) Roy isnt fit to be mentioned in the same breath as him.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #106: Oct 10, 2010 09:14:42 pm
      I ws commenting on Rafa leaving an inept squad that had the most players from the premiership going to the world cup and 4 in the final.There are people on here that still refuse to acknowledge 2 things.
      1) Rafa was a genius andif he hadnt had to spend so much time fighting the board he woudl have still been here.
      2) Roy isnt fit to be mentioned in the same breath as him.

Indeed, and, indeed.

Rafa's era truly was a golden age, eh? What good are new owners if we don't have the right manager to take the club forward?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #107: Oct 10, 2010 11:48:07 pm
      To revert to the topic,no he won't.Our expectations are at least a top 4 place,and with our current squad,that is un-achievable.
      Torres_9_LFC
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 54 posts |
      Reply #108: Oct 10, 2010 11:52:25 pm
      What utter sh*te!!

You mean when two kids came on and shook Olympiakos to the core and then Gerrard turned up with his usual "Hollywood" goal, that was from two substitutions RAFA made!!

And let's not forget Luis Garcia's contribution on getting us to Istanbul, that would be a RAFA signing and let's not forget he brought Hamann on, who was the real hero in Istanbul, if it wasn't for him clamping down on Kaka, who had run riot during the first half, we would of still faced an onslaught in the second half.

Really, I'm scum, f**k off nobhead you post continual sh*t, and was calling for Rafa's head last season, so I don't need supporting lessons off turncoats like you lad.

One final thing, at any point during Rafa's reign, where we ever in the bottom three?

Thought not, this is all Roy's own making, don't forget he brought the bag of sh*te that is Poulsen and Konchesky here, two players that are definitely not Liverpool class and Poulsen especially is contributing f**k-all in helping us get out of our current predicament.

So at what point should he be thrown to the wolves, when we are in the f**king Championship?

Bang on. every.....single.....wor d.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #109: Oct 10, 2010 11:54:06 pm
      I love how the media says he inherited a weak team-

Hold on a minute- he has a bloody good team (with a few exceptions of course)
      he just plays them out of position & tell the whole 11 to defend.

Now i know as LFC supporters- we are well known for standing by our managers, but seeing as we are turning on Roy so early in the seaon, it has to say something surely??

Has Roy ever managed a team in the Champions League?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #110: Oct 10, 2010 11:58:00 pm
      Obviously would want Roy to turn things around and achieve great with Liverpool.

However, he's showing no signs that things are about to improve with his constant selection of players out of position and certain players not fit to be a Liverpool starting XI.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #111: Oct 11, 2010 12:06:06 am

You call me "scum".The embarrasment,is that you call a real LFC supporter,of 45 years,who has survived Hysel and Hillsborough,sold house and business to support our "Yanks out" protests,and you dismiss me as "scum".You are obviously a WUM,and should be confined to hell forethwith.At least a tw*t is useful,you are not so f*ck off gobs***e.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #112: Oct 11, 2010 12:14:06 am

More time?  Seven games... three defeats, one win...  and we never looking like winning any of those games.  We were outplayed by Blackpool at home...

I gave Roy time, I wanted to give him til the end of the year, but seeing our performances so far, the position we are in... the guy is out of his depth - he never deserved to be Liverpool manager.

I'm embarrassed by the sh*t written by most people here.

I'm embarrassed that we are in the bottom three.  I'm embarrassed listening to Roy's press conferences.  I've been embarrassed by all of our performances.  
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #113: Oct 11, 2010 12:22:07 am
      To revert to the topic,no he won't.Our expectations are at least a top 4 place,and with our current squad manager and tactics,that is un-achievable.

Fixed that for you Roy. :D
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #114: Oct 11, 2010 12:24:44 am

Sadly, our squad is good enough to get 4th either :( the first team, if played properly, yes, but not the squad :(

Quick Reply