Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Pre Match : Everton v Liverpool 17/10/10

Read 24223 times
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Pre Match : Everton v Liverpool 17/10/10
      Oct 05, 2010 10:30:47 pm
      This is the next game folks, although nearly two weeks away due to the international break, and what a time to play the first derby of the season, this really is a do or die game for us.
       The bitters are on the same points as us ( although listening to some of there supporters the last few days you would think they where much higher ) win this and we will springboard up the table, draw and we will stay the same, lose and it puts us into deep sh1t.
       In fairness to Everton they haven't been playing bad football defensively they just couldn't score on a night out with Rooney, Terry and Ashley Cole, but they did have a good performance against Manure, and got 2 more points against Birmingham than we did, they will be up for this bigtime and Moyes will see this as a good time to play us.
      We need to attack them like a wounded animal, go out full attack and not sit back welcoming them onto us and try to counter.
      The players have no excuses in not being up for this, they have some shitty performances in the last few weeks for the Fans to forgive and quite frankly a few of them need to stand up and be counted.

As for Roy, if the clock is ticking and you really are sorry for some of the worse football since Souness then prove it, play an attack minded team and have a go.

Team selection will depend on who is fit and if every body comes back from international duty unscathed, and please don't play that useless piece of sh*t Poulsen
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Pre Match : Everton v Liverpool 17/10/10
      Reply #1: Oct 05, 2010 10:46:17 pm
      Sad times when a Merseyside derby is on the back burners to off field mayhem. Furthermore, it's 17th v 18th :(

But that'll make it more interesting. Two teams who need a win desperately. And i mean desperately.

Going to be a big game this and i'm pumped, but i can't see anything other than a nil all draw.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2: Oct 05, 2010 11:55:35 pm
      I hope we get it together and play with heart and passion. If they play tough they will win the game.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Oct 05, 2010 11:58:28 pm
      I don't care how sh*t we are right now, we'll still beat this shower of bitter cu*ts!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,348 posts | 1532 
      Reply #4: Oct 06, 2010 12:17:37 am
      If we get a draw under the current circumstances, I'll be made up. We are truly crap at the moment, don't know what will turn it around if anything, and No Torres now. I really fear for our future at the moment and can't really see where the next win is coming from. Just hope i'm wrong. Perhaps if we've got new owners by the time of this game, it will give everybody a huge lift, god knows we need it.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #5: Oct 06, 2010 01:01:27 am
      I don't care how sh*t we are right now, we'll still beat this shower of bitter cu*ts!
      Nice one Gow, well said mate.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #6: Oct 06, 2010 01:07:10 am
      cant express how badly we need three points from the F***ing blueshite.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #7: Oct 06, 2010 02:01:22 am
      cant express how badly we need three points from the f**king blueshite.

It'll be the same old defensive sh*te from Hodgson and its will be painful to watch in every aspect.

Dreading this. Well and truely.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #8: Oct 06, 2010 02:43:49 am

Spot on mate, doesn't matter where our clubs are on the ladder, they're still shi**er than us!
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #9: Oct 06, 2010 03:11:26 am
      This game is almost a non-event compared to the one taking place in the boardroom, anyhow would love to see:

Reina
      Johnson Kyrgiakos Agger Carragher
      Gerrard Meireles
      Kuyt Cole Jovanovic
      Torres

Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Aurelio (or Konchesky if Aurelio not fit), Lucas, Pacheco, Maxi, N'Gog

edit: If Torres unavailable, N'Gog to start and Shelvey on the bench.  If Torres not 100%, N'Gog to start and Torres on the bench.
      « Last Edit: Oct 06, 2010 03:20:02 am by vitez »
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #10: Oct 06, 2010 12:22:39 pm
      there going to batter us, maybe not in the result, but they'll be first to everything, wont stand off like we do, will stop crosses like we dont, will create chances like we dont, and will play to a system like we dont, a draw is the best we can hope for.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #11: Oct 06, 2010 12:43:47 pm
      A win here is vital, we could be bottom if we lose, but more importantly, at the expense of Everton. The players need to get it together and realize how much a win here means to us.

A loss here and it could be the final nail in the coffin for Roy. I'd hope he'd learn from the Blackpool game.

Reina
      Carragher - Soto - Skrtel - Johnson
      Rodriguez - Lucas - Raul Meireles - Cole
      Gerrard
      Kuyt

can see a 1-1 sadly, Cahill and Gerrard.  :(
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #12: Oct 06, 2010 09:46:07 pm
      Hopefully the new era will be confirmed by the time the game comes around and what better way to get it started that picking up 3 points off the bitters.

Cmon Roy....pull your finger out of your arse and pick the right team and go for 3 points ffs!!!!!!!

Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #13: Oct 06, 2010 09:50:19 pm
      A win here is vital, we could be bottom if we lose, but more importantly, at the expense of Everton. The players need to get it together and realize how much a win here means to us.

A loss here and it could be the final nail in the coffin for Roy. I'd hope he'd learn from the Blackpool game.

Reina
      Carragher - Soto - Skrtel - Johnson
      Rodriguez - Lucas - Raul Meireles - Cole
      Gerrard
      Kuyt

can see a 1-1 sadly, Cahill and Gerrard.  :(

The nail in the coffin should have been the Blackpool game- cant get much worse than that!
      At least Everton were in the premiership last year!

I dont know what to think about this game- i am usually pumped for a derby, but our results & performances lately, who knows?

Maybe Roy will pull three points from this backside?
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #14: Oct 06, 2010 10:23:15 pm
              Reina
      GJ Carra Agger Konch
      Maxi Meireles Cole
             Gerrard
            Kuyt Jova
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Oct 07, 2010 12:44:41 am
      Hopefully, with new ownership talk, a fire will be lit under the arses of many players who realise they could be on the bench or out of here come that time, and they'll perform for once.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #16: Oct 07, 2010 01:47:01 am
      Hopefully, with new ownership talk, a fire will be lit under the arses of many players who realise they could be on the bench or out of here come that time, and they'll perform for once.

completely agree. This should give the players incentive to play with heart and passion.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #17: Oct 07, 2010 02:25:04 am
              Reina
      GJ Carra Agger Konch
      Maxi Meireles Cole
             Gerrard
            Kuyt Jova

I like the look of that, not sure about maxi, but definately a more attacking look.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #18: Oct 07, 2010 06:30:12 am
      any team formation will do as long as F***ing Poulsen is not in the squad...
      plz-be-top4
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #19: Oct 07, 2010 07:50:32 am
      RH has a 2 week difference b/w the two matches and if he can't make a difference then he is nothing. If we see man to man, we have strong squads than Blackpool, Sunderland, West Brom (which we barely defeated) and what Arsenal played in the first game they had 5 or 6 first-team players injured or unavailable.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 765 
      Reply #20: Oct 07, 2010 11:18:22 am
      Keeping my fingers crossed for a decent performance, with at least a share in the points, if not all three.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #21: Oct 07, 2010 11:32:26 am
      Depending IF all our players come through the internationals - I'll post my starting line up nearer the game.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #22: Oct 07, 2010 11:52:44 am
      We should be up for this one!

The players (pending the takeover) will need to perform. Before this takeover saying 'your out if you dont perform' was a threat that the manager could make - with the players knowing we dont have the funds to replace them. Now, we could have the money... With the start of an exciting new chapter players will want to prove their worth.

The manager must know he is on his arse! New board nad poor results will see him off very quickly - so he will really try and get the players fired up, and he better be too!

A loss is not the end of the world - not with whats happening in the board room, but it could be the end for a lot of players and the manager!

Quick Reply