Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 333442 times
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Re: Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #1012: May 13, 2013 06:02:18 pm
      Looks good that buddy
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1013: May 14, 2013 10:26:32 am
      Anyone seen this? Don't see them having enough room to do it but worth a look. Looks similar to St James Park.

http://youtu.be/Ba12Q_dOMRY

Does indeed look good, file under the ''pretty pictures'' dossier.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1014: May 16, 2013 11:28:15 pm
      As I said FL Red - this is most likley bullshit, but along with this 'rumors' that are not publiciesed are that they want to own the club... These are rumors as its not factual and you wont find anythig written - and as I said likley to be sh*te...

I agree with most, when I read that I felt a bit dirty - like they would prefer Arsenal or Utd, but we will do. However, I say go for it - if Mila Kunis decided she wanted to sleep with Brad Pitt, Jonny Depp or Bob Hoskins but none were avaliable so she chose me 4th I wouldnt be telling her to trott on. No, I would have a wonderful time that I could tell all my friends (and compelete strangers) about at any given time whilst elevating myself to a level of fame for being the worlds jammiest git...
      Mila Kunis Mmm , i'd charge £1,000 for everyone to sniff my fingers after her  :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1015: Jun 07, 2013 10:04:09 am
      Another tiny step forward on the redevelopment plans.

Reds' new move in £150m Anfield stadium plan
      7 Jun 2013 07:54

Liverpool FC are set to submit a  planning application for the  proposed £150million redevelopment  of Anfield before the start of next  season.

The ECHO understands just ‘a  handful’ of around 90 houses which  need to be demolished to make way  for the ambitious expansion plans  have yet to be purchased.

Since the Reds announced last  October their intention to stay at  Anfield rather than build a new  stadium in Stanley Park, Liverpool  City Council and social housing  developer Your Housing Group have  led negotiations with residents.

Significant progress has now been  made and Liverpool hope the  remaining properties will be  acquired over the next two months.

Once that has been achieved they  will enter the planning process as  they seek permission to push on with  the refurbishment which will see the  Main Stand and Anfield Road end  expanded to increase the ground's  capacity to around 60,000.

Reds managing director Ian Ayre  said: “We are in an interesting period  in terms of our aspirations around  the stadium.

“Our goal is to extend Anfield. But  we need certainty and that comes  with the acquisition of properties.

“Real progress has been made in  acquiring them. Once they have all  been acquired we will go through the  planning process. We would expect to  be in a position to make that a  certainty this summer. Once  planning has been achieved then we  can start construction.”

Ayre believes a redeveloped  Anfield is vital to Liverpool’s hopes  of competing financially with the  Premier League’s elite.

“There are three core revenue  streams – media, commercial and  matchday,” he added.

“Our media and commercial  revenues are very impressive but  where we fall behind is our matchday  revenues. Having a bigger stadium  and playing in the Champions  League are two mechanisms which  would dramatically change our  fortunes. We’re determined to press  on with the stadium solution. It’s in  the hands of other people but  hopefully we will get there and  deliver what our fans want.”

Liverpool owners Fenway Sports  Group have been vocal advocates of  Financial Fair Play (FFP) which  seeks to ensure clubs live within  their means.

UEFA’s rules, which come into full  effect in 2013/14, state that clubs  must break even over a three-year  period or face exclusion from  European competitions.

The Premier League have also  brought in their own set of  regulations from next season.

Ayre believes if the rules are  enforced correctly then Liverpool  are well placed to flourish over the  coming years. We are very  supportive of FFP for a number of  reasons,” he said. “One is we believe  you should only spend what you  earn. We want there to be as level a  playing field as possible.

“We are in a very fortunate  position in that we generate some of  the biggest revenues in football  despite having not been as successful  on the pitch as we would have liked in  recent years.

“We also have a huge fan base  around the world. We’ve sold 100,000  tickets at the MCG in Australia this  summer and there has been a similar  demand for tickets for the other  pre-season tour matches in Jakarta  and Bangkok. That bodes well in an  FFP environment. The real challenge  for UEFA is to ensure the rules are  applied correctly. It’s only going to  work effectively if there are  sanctions for those who don’t abide  by them.”
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1016: Jun 07, 2013 11:58:02 am
      So our plan for Champions League football:

Hope City and Chelsea get kicked.

Hmm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #1017: Jun 07, 2013 02:16:54 pm
      This must be Ian Ayre's 20th Echo "it's coming" statement.

I'd love to know how much £££ we've blown on planning applications and plans on a new ground and redeveloping Anfield ever since the Parrydrome was thought up!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1018: Jun 07, 2013 02:20:03 pm
      This must be Ian Ayre's 20th Echo "it's coming" statement.

I'd love to know how much £££ we've blown on planning applications and plans on a new ground and redeveloping Anfield ever since the Parrydrome was thought up!

This topic should be on a sub-board in the jokes thread.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #1019: Jun 07, 2013 03:12:09 pm
      City Talk 105.9 ‏@CityTalk1059 27m
      SPORT #LFC spokesperson has told us they are NOT close to putting in a planning application to expand Anfield this summer. More at 3
      Retweeted by This Is Anfield

Nothing to see here folks...move along......
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1020: Jun 07, 2013 03:34:20 pm
      Surely it's dependant on the 'handful' of remaining home owners, even compulsory purchase orders can be dragged through the courts for years.

If I was them I'd be in it for the long haul and play hard ball, given Ayres shitty bargaining skills I'd probably end up owning the stadium outright. :P

On second thoughts, what the F**k is stopping them getting the application in? Planning applications are good for 5 years before they need renewing and even then renewal costs less than £100.

Another load of sh*t?

Forget about the Echo and get to signing players Ayre.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1021: Jun 07, 2013 04:37:36 pm
      If I was them I'd be in it for the long haul and play hard ball, given Ayres shitty bargaining skills I'd probably end up owning the stadium outright.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha ha
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1022: Jun 07, 2013 05:56:44 pm
      From the Echo tonight:

£150m application on cards before next season

The Echo understands just a hanful of the 90 houses which need to be demolished to make way for the ambitious re-development have yet to be purchased.
      Significant progress has been made and LFC hope the remaining properties will be acquired over the next few months.

Full story:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-150m-application-cards-4186741

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1023: Jun 07, 2013 06:02:27 pm
                         ^                                   ^

Don't set the dog on the postie.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #1024: Jun 07, 2013 06:59:57 pm
       It is not going to happen, not while FSG own the club.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1025: Jun 07, 2013 07:21:52 pm
      It is not going to happen, not while FSG own the club.

Why Eddie?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #1026: Jun 07, 2013 07:44:21 pm
      Why ?

Because they don't care. For me it is as simple as that.

They are not going to make major changes, they will leave that to the next owners.

I also question if they have the money

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1027: Jun 10, 2013 10:19:59 am
      Why ?

Because they don't care. For me it is as simple as that.

They are not going to make major changes, they will leave that to the next owners.

I also question if they have the money

The money will be a loan, probably payable over 10-15 years

And that will be covered by the new capacity

So, incremental 15,000 capacity : £50 per ticket (average) x 20 games a season x 15,000 seats = £15m extra gate receipts per season. Say interest is around 7 or 8%,  that's £10m-£12m per year - then there is matchday spend on top

Still mean's we need to get more money in to pay off the investment, but certainly do-able.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1028: Jun 10, 2013 10:38:56 am
      Any financier worth his salt would tell you that LFC is a self-sustaining proposition, the incoming royalties, match-day receipts, global fan base etc would sustain any modest expansion of the stadia with the associated facilities.

Nothing changes - to make money takes money, faith in the product and credibility are also prerequisites.
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2013 11:02:36 am by stuey »
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #1029: Jun 14, 2013 09:24:37 am
      Why would FSG sell LFC without expanding?  they will not make any money as there has been no real improvements since they bought us.

They will expand the stadium, and then sell and try make a little bit more on what they paid.

When we get CL football next year thats more revenue for us, so they maybe holding off till then
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1030: Jun 14, 2013 12:05:24 pm
      Why would FSG sell LFC without expanding?  they will not make any money as there has been no real improvements since they bought us.

They will expand the stadium, and then sell and try make a little bit more on what they paid.

When we get CL football next year thats more revenue for us, so they maybe holding off till then

Fair play to you mate, that could very well be the case.
      Personally I find it difficult to muster any confidence in FSG in relation to their supposed plans for a new stadium, they are dragging their heels in that respect which might lead you to assume that is because they are concentrating on another aspect of promoting the team's fortunes.
      That assumption has no basis either apparently, we are as far off CL qualification as ever in the cold light of day, in spite of the fact qualification would give our finances one hell of a boost and be of assistance with the proposed stadia project. More than a hint of non committal in that respect also.
      The only assumption must be that their game plan is to let the company (LFC plc) soldier on until the markets pick up and it's share price rises to an acceptable level to justify a sell off.
      The company is a self sustaining module which accordingly maintains a relatively stable market value with no effectual fluctuation - a safe bet to you and me.
      In these times of financial volatility the safe bet is worth hanging onto.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #1031: Jun 14, 2013 01:09:59 pm
      the thing is UEFA are bring in the Fair Play league soon. Malaga has alreaduy fallen fowl of this, so this tells me that they are serious sbout it.  Plus if they let other clubs away with it Malaga will take them to the cleaners.  This would bode well for US. 

I know FSG have not ploughed loads of money in but remember the H&G situation where we came close to going under.  Yeah we may of been spending loads but it was all debt.  We are debt free now.

Rome was not built in a day.  Have faith.  They have a plan, it may be to sell us off to a investor who can do the things that we ask, or they may build on each season.

Either way we are not bankrupt, which could of happened.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1032: Jun 14, 2013 01:15:50 pm
      the thing is UEFA are bring in the Fair Play league soon. Malaga has alreaduy fallen fowl of this, so this tells me that they are serious sbout it.  Plus if they let other clubs away with it Malaga will take them to the cleaners.  This would bode well for US. 

I know FSG have not ploughed loads of money in but remember the H&G situation where we came close to going under.  Yeah we may of been spending loads but it was all debt.  We are debt free now.

Rome was not built in a day.  Have faith.  They have a plan, it may be to sell us off to a investor who can do the things that we ask, or they may build on each season.

Either way we are not bankrupt, which could of happened.

But they didn't challenge Malaga over their spending.
      They only gave them a ban because the failed to honour payments.
      There has yet to be anything that encourages me when it comes to addressing the inflated transfers and wages.

It's too little to late when the sugar daddy owner loses interest.
      By then the expensive players and wages are already in place.
      If the owner then leaves the club is fu**ed.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #1033: Jun 14, 2013 01:46:17 pm
      Exactly

Once Chelski and Citeh's owners leave they are fu**ed.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1034: Jun 15, 2013 11:51:01 am
      Exactly

Once Chelski and Citeh's owners leave they are fu**ed.

The possibility of that is at least a decade away, possibly.

Quick Reply