Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 335113 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #138: Feb 04, 2011 01:45:03 pm
      Nothing wrong with 4 20,000 seater kops and its workable.

Great news to keep our spiritual home and redevelop.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #139: Feb 04, 2011 02:36:34 pm
      NESV seem keen on keeping the right balance between making the club profitable AND keeping it's character, it's personality unique.

They seem well up on our traditions, and I would be all for renovating Anfield to keep our home instead of moving, provided the final capacity is enough.

We can't afford to be left behind in terms of capacity and match day revenue, it's vital if we are to continue investing in the squad.

I agree with Brian, 60-65,000 capacity in our current stadium would be a good compromise. Less than that, and I'm sad to say I think we'd need to start afresh in Stanley Park.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #140: Feb 04, 2011 02:39:15 pm
      From memory - the largest possible Anfield was 55000 capacity with no chance of further expansion. The loss of revenue (attendance) while Anfield was being revamped + the cost of safety improvements to the rest of the ground where considered  prohibitive.

New stadium - minimum 60000 with possible expansion to 75000. No loss of revenue as old stadium would be fully utilised while building new one. Huge cost of improving transport links if over 55/60,000 capacity.

insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #141: Feb 04, 2011 03:26:10 pm
      How much would a new stadium actually cost?

Anyone know how much the Millennium Stadium or Emirates Stadium cost?

Also, what was the cost of the Old Trafford expansion when they expanded?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #142: Feb 04, 2011 03:51:57 pm
      How much would a new stadium actually cost?

Anyone know how much the Millennium Stadium or Emirates Stadium cost?

Also, what was the cost of the Old Trafford expansion when they expanded?

Think the Emirates was about £450m mate.  Not sure about the others though.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #143: Feb 04, 2011 03:52:19 pm
      New stadium costs - anything from £70million for the original Parry bowl (obviously prices will have increased in 10 years!) to the £350million stadium under H&G. (hugely inflated price I suspect) plus transportation improvements.

Emirates Stadium cost - £400million ............ £470million including improvements to the surrounding area.

Millennium Stadium  - £120Million

Wembly stadium - £800million
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #144: Feb 04, 2011 04:00:58 pm
      Thats actually not too expensive (Emirates/Millennium) - I was expecting a bit more than that.

I'd go for a new stadium on those figures then. Plus I'd expect it be cheaper to build in Liverpool rather than say London.

What would we be looking at for a 65,000 stadium - £150m at the absolute max then.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #145: Feb 04, 2011 04:20:44 pm
      Cost wise, I am expecting £250m + - purely on the basis that adding to Anfield will be expensive to the existing structures, or if you new build in Stanley park, then you have the cost of all the infrastructure (utilities etc). I think the new Olympic Stadium has a budgeted cost of c£550m.

Would it be possible to stage the work as well ? - say one year, do Anfield Rd end, next year Kemlyn Road, then Main Stand etc etc

My preference would be staying at Anfield, but think we realistically need to go minimum 65,000 to 70,000 capacity to make it pay for itself.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #146: Feb 04, 2011 04:22:12 pm
      Stands can have additional tiers to them added without having to close the stand.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #147: Feb 04, 2011 04:28:34 pm
      Cost wise, I am expecting £250m + - purely on the basis that adding to Anfield will be expensive to the existing structures, or if you new build in Stanley park, then you have the cost of all the infrastructure (utilities etc). I think the new Olympic Stadium has a budgeted cost of c£550m.

Would it be possible to stage the work as well ? - say one year, do Anfield Rd end, next year Kemlyn Road, then Main Stand etc etc

My preference would be staying at Anfield, but think we realistically need to go minimum 65,000 to 70,000 capacity to make it pay for itself.

Well, the Olympic Stadium is going to be much bigger than New Anfield would be plus its in the centre of London.

Based on the figures for the Millennium Stadium and Emirates Stadium, I don't see how it would be any more than £150m (say £200m at the absolutely maximum).
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #148: Feb 04, 2011 05:37:31 pm

My opinion is they will stage the refurbish job over a 4-5 year period, if we want to get it all done at one time the club is going to have to look to Everton or somewhere else over a 12-18 month period.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #149: Feb 04, 2011 06:57:27 pm
      Actually wasnt there talk of terracing being allowed back recently? If so you could make the Kop a mega standing area with a seated tier for a few thousand at the front or sides.

Anny road could also have a terraced area for a few thousand
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #150: Feb 04, 2011 07:16:55 pm
      cant ever see terraces making a come back, but i feel we need t least make anfield into a 65,000 seater at least to make it worth staying there 55,000 just isnt big enough
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      Reply #151: Feb 04, 2011 08:07:51 pm
      Found this while searching for images of a potential redeveloped ground. Main stand getting total makeover with the rest of the ground untouched by the look of it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #152: Feb 04, 2011 08:58:37 pm
      Found this while searching for images of a potential redeveloped ground. Main stand getting total makeover with the rest of the ground untouched by the look of it.

Where is the Anfield Road, (the actual road)?

Some one put a link up a little while ago from an Architects web site, and they had 3 different expansion ideas. I have tried looking for the link but alas.

Any pointers, :)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      Reply #153: Feb 04, 2011 09:12:40 pm
      Where is the Anfield Road, (the actual road)?

Some one put a link up a little while ago from an Architects web site, and they had 3 different expansion ideas. I have tried looking for the link but alas.

Any pointers, :)

Try skyscraper city or one of those development websites go in to the Liverpool section might see something there

I would say whoever designed the image I attached just forgot to put the actual road in. Good spot tho  :D
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #154: Feb 04, 2011 09:31:38 pm

any figures on capacity with that
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #155: Feb 05, 2011 01:39:58 am
      When are we going to hear about the plan for either a new ground or redevelopment?

I got the impression we would have heard something by now.

To be fair I don't think it is reasonable to expect a decision on a stadium so soon.

If I had bought LFC I wouldn't trust any data or planning from the Hicks/Gilette/Parry era. I would want to analyse every aspect of cash flow, future revenues, world financial trends, talk to the local council, discuss with local residents, supporters, talk to architects, get new designs/costings, etc. etc. etc..

All that would take a minimum of 6 months in my book.

Only a gazillionaire who has no concern about cash flow or sustainability would buy the club and commit to a stadium plan without doing the due diligence. I say give them the time.

All that said, based on what I know, I still think a 60,000 plus NEW stadium in Stanley Park will prove to be the best option (subject to it being a FOOTBALL stadium not an ego-stroker monstrosity that H & G came up with) and (just to invite a few flames for fun) I absolutely believe it can NOT be called Anfield. There is only one Anfield and, if we do move, the new stadium should have a new name and the legend of Anfield can be maintained with its' memories. Having to constantly refer to "the old Anfield" or "the new Anfield" makes no sense to me. 
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #156: Feb 05, 2011 07:14:05 am

For me there just isn't enough room arond Anfield to redevelop, unless we're planning to buy a lot of the resedential area, and build on top of Anfield road.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #157: Feb 05, 2011 09:44:06 am
      If we could revamp the Main Stand with additional 10,000 seats that would do me and would add something like 7m revenue per season just from league games!

Revamp the Annie road end in the future because that top tier feels like a temparory job anyway, so possibly another 5,000 there and we'll have that 60,000 we've all been talking about.

I know the offices and dressing rooms are in the Main stand but as someone else posted surely there is a way of building on top of what we got there already?

Whats the latest on the street behind the Main Stand? Have the council given the club permission to develope that particular area?
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #158: Feb 05, 2011 09:45:39 am
      That is the worry,Haven't the club bought most of the houses around Anfield though?!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #159: Feb 05, 2011 09:47:35 am
      That is the worry,Haven't the club bought most of the houses around Anfield though?!

Not sure, do know that of the houses in those few street directly behind the main stand there must be at least 80% empty!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #160: Feb 05, 2011 10:09:08 am
      Not sure, do know that of the houses in those few street directly behind the main stand there must be at least 80% empty!
      Liverpool City Council are committed to developing the area no matter what and it seems likely that the properties remain empty until there is a decision on the table regarding the ground's future.
      John W Henry's statement is interesting to say the least and to interpret it as a throw away remark is unimaginable which leads to the question of how much research and groundwork has gone into him making such a declaration?

Quick Reply