Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 338360 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #161: Feb 05, 2011 11:11:25 am

For me there just isn't enough room arond Anfield to redevelop, unless we're planning to buy a lot of the resedential area, and build on top of Anfield road.

This is a very old 'photo. A lot of the houses close to the ground are now flat land. a good few streets depth have gone.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #162: Feb 05, 2011 11:56:55 am
      Liverpool City Council are committed to developing the area no matter what and it seems likely that the properties remain empty until there is a decision on the table regarding the ground's future.
      John W Henry's statement is interesting to say the least and to interpret it as a throw away remark is unimaginable which leads to the question of how much research and groundwork has gone into him making such a declaration?

If I remember rightly Stuey there was some discussion, before the takeover, that the costs involved in either a new stadium or a revamp of Anfield will be compared to the potential increased revenue this wil bring in.

This will then be compared against potentail income generated through additional worldwide marketing.

Basically, if they can generate more match day income from say selling tv rights around the globe rather than extra ticket sales then we will probably stay at Anfield and redevelop but with less capacity than the new stadium.

I'm assuming NESV will look at it in the same way.

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #163: Feb 05, 2011 01:35:43 pm
       Does anybody know how long it would take to get planing permission without any problems ?

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #164: Feb 05, 2011 01:40:49 pm
      Does anybody know how long it would take to get planing permission without any problems ?

:lmao:

Not a chance.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #165: Feb 05, 2011 01:52:39 pm
      To be honest i'm not sure they will be able to get permission, would still like to know what is the shortest time possible 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #166: Feb 05, 2011 01:59:57 pm
      About 8 weeks for a normal house extension mate. 

I'm sure that when NESV had their meetings with the Counil last year they will know what's possible and what isn't. 

They did say they would have a better idea within 6 months and they've been here 5 now so we will probably here something in the next month or so.

On a sidenote.  The original planning permission for the New Stadium runs out in October 2012.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #167: Feb 05, 2011 03:10:47 pm

In that drawing its only 55000. But if you done the same design with the Kemlyn thats 60 to 65000 potentially without touching the Kop or Anny road ends
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #168: Feb 05, 2011 04:33:20 pm
      If we could add an extra tier to the main stand and the centenary stand would that be possible ?
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #169: Feb 05, 2011 05:51:32 pm

For me there just isn't enough room arond Anfield to redevelop, unless we're planning to buy a lot of the resedential area, and build on top of Anfield road.

Looking at that pic,if the roofs comes of the quickest and cheapest option is to add more tiers,and i think thats what they will do.
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #170: Feb 06, 2011 02:29:51 pm
      I was of the impression that a redeveloped anfield could only go up to 55000. This would involve an extra tier on the kemlyn road, the annie road knocked down and rebuilt to three tiers and the reconstruction of the main stand. All seems like alot of work and money just to add 10000 seats! I think that unless we can get to a minimum 65000 in a redeveloped anfield, it just aint a viable option. As much as I want to stay at anfield, it has to make sense for the clubs long term future.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #171: Feb 06, 2011 09:34:49 pm
      60,000 in a redeveloped Anfield is worth it for me. Sacrifice 10,000 to be able to keep our spiritual home, and surely would be enough to get a decent profit from each match?

Not an expert on figures on all that, but 60,000 would be a pretty good number IMO.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8685 
      Reply #172: Feb 06, 2011 11:40:37 pm
      Looking at that pic,if the roofs comes of the quickest and cheapest option is to add more tiers,and i think thats what they will do.

Don't forget some of the properties behind the Anny Road and the side of the kop/Main Stand have gone and if the ground was to be redeveloped I would personally demolish and rebuild the Main stand complete with corporate boxes and facilities, take away that sh*te upper tier of the Anny Road and redevlop that too, possibly trying to include corporate boxes there as well.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #173: Feb 07, 2011 01:23:44 am
      Surely the Anny Road end has to be redone? It is sh*te.

Like HR says maybe some boxes between the bottom tier and a new top tier, with that new top tier connecting properly onto the Centenary and/or Main Stand. Some extra seats could be added that way.

The houses behind the Main Stand aren't a problem now are they? If so expansion of the Main Stand could be achieved too.

What land does the club actually, presently, own around the ground? I was under the impression that for years the issue was some owners holding out for a ludicrous bid because they knew their properties were needed under any plans. Also given that some of the houses in that aerial photo have been levelled, do we have to own the land to build on it? Do we own that land?
      « Last Edit: Feb 07, 2011 01:51:10 am by KS67 »
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #174: Feb 08, 2011 12:36:48 pm
      Don't forget some of the properties behind the Anny Road and the side of the kop/Main Stand have gone and if the ground was to be redeveloped I would personally demolish and rebuild the Main stand complete with corporate boxes and facilities, take away that sh*te upper tier of the Anny Road and redevlop that too, possibly trying to include corporate boxes there as well.

If we're going to have boxes they should be all around the ground except for the Kop. Right in the middle of the stands. However having boxes means tiers. So it would be lower tier, boxes, upper tier the whole way round and then the Kop would be as it is now just with an extra capacity?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #175: Feb 08, 2011 10:10:46 pm
      The Kop needs to be redeveloped to hold a min of 20000. One massive single tierd wall of  mayhem. The Annie Road end could be re developed by building the BACK of the stand over the road, giving vehicular access under it. The second level of that stand will be big enough to carry a third tier. The main stand and Kemlyn Road can be expaded similarly as posted earlier. That could raise the capacity to something like 65 to 70,000. The kop would be awesome and as long as it's developed like a bowl and not a straight end, the sound would be unequalled.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #176: Feb 18, 2011 10:04:25 pm
      found these pics on another forum  if we could do something like this it would be amazing loving the kop end would be brilliant get this idea to the owners

If Anfield Rd could be diverted, or run under the stand, and remove the row of houses nearest to the ground on Skerries Rd and Lothair Rd, I can’t see why a 70,000 plus, redevelopment of Anfield could not be achieved.

Rather than just sticking a bit onto this stand, and bit more here, why not follow a plan over 4 years to completely transform Anfield.

Three different links to a four year plan.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59539825@N06/5445550235/#

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59539825@N06/5445550657/#

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59539825@N06/5445551147/#
       ;D ;D ;D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #177: Feb 19, 2011 10:58:49 am
      It'd be very interesting seeing that type of design in those Flickr links used at Anfield. The problem areas seem to be Anfield Road and possibly building another tier on top of the existing Centenary Stand. Just not sure whether it is possible or not.

Regardless, over the past few weeks thinking about where the owners plan on going with the stadium plans, I can't see us leaving Anfield now. Their comments saying how special Anfield are pointing toward redevelopment, which is the much better option for me personally. An extra 10,000 to 20,000 seats on our existing ground would be profitable enough, but it's going to be a complete surprise how they're going to do it. Redevelopment of the Main Stand is a certainty though, surely?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #178: Feb 19, 2011 11:04:15 am
      I think 20,000 extra seats would be worth more to our club than an extra 30,000 seats in a completely new stadium. History means more to many fans than anything else.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #179: Feb 19, 2011 11:27:00 am
      60,000 in a redeveloped Anfield is worth it for me. Sacrifice 10,000 to be able to keep our spiritual home, and surely would be enough to get a decent profit from each match?

Not an expert on figures on all that, but 60,000 would be a pretty good number IMO.

Totally agree, as Ive posted before, an extra 10,000 seats would add around 7.4m income per season from the 19 league games alone.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #180: Feb 21, 2011 01:50:41 pm
      Apologies if this has been suggested before but here goes.
      the council are unlikely to pass any plans to re-build Anfield because they see the new ground with its new road infrastructure as vital for the regeneration of the area.
      We (the fans) would prefer the option of adding to Anfield.
      The Bitters need a new stadium.
      So ........................ ......?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,201 posts | 3391 
      Reply #181: Feb 21, 2011 02:21:22 pm
      the council are unlikely to pass any plans to re-build Anfield because they see the new ground with its new road infrastructure as vital for the regeneration of the area.

The area is being regenerated as it is. If the council were that arsed about it, they wouldn't of let the area get in the state it is and they'd have it better looked after. The council don't care about the area Anfield, or most of it's inner city areas. They care about the tourist areas which Anfield, the ground, is massive on. One of the reasons why the road immidiately outside the ground is all new whereas walk ten minutes towards Breck Rd, Oakfield or Priory Rd and you'll see the reality of Liverpool's council and it's people.

If a regenerated Anfield, ground, would make the council more money i.e. more tourists then they'll be happy with any ideas.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8685 
      Reply #182: Feb 25, 2011 02:15:15 am

Tell the council to go F**k themselves, useless cu*ts anyway, we're staying at Anfield.

As for the blueshite, I wouldn't share breath with them, never mind a stadium.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #183: Feb 25, 2011 11:49:03 am
      The F***ing gobshites on the council will obviously prefer the new stadium idea for one reason only....the money they can make out of it with all the associated development. If we stay at Anfield the council have much less say in the running of things and accordingly will not be able to dip their grubby F***ing mits in the honey pot.
      It does appear that the owners possibly see more advantage to the club in staying put and F***ing the council jobsbodies right off.

Quick Reply