Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 337505 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #437: Dec 16, 2011 08:28:35 pm
      Rumour is we'll be announcing the move to Stanley Park within the next 21 days.

sh*t, I read that as we would be moving in 21 days!

Could be sponsored by Ryanair, Tickets, £2.99, and then come the extras.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #438: Dec 16, 2011 09:38:05 pm
      Sh*t, I read that as we would be moving in 21 days!

Could be sponsored by Ryanair, Tickets, £2.99, and then come the extras.

£2.99 for the seat.

£45 for the entrance into the stadium!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      Reply #439: Dec 16, 2011 10:01:19 pm
      £2.99 for the seat.

£45 for the entrance into the stadium!

You got it, plus the air that you breathe. And if you want a seat with a view  :lmao:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #440: Dec 18, 2011 10:46:40 am
      Just checking in...

Those plans behind the edited photographs look alarmingly like those displayed during the season ticket holders meeting I attended with the stadium architects in the Radisson Liverpool some years ago.

Hopefully something is announced soon enough.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #441: Dec 18, 2011 10:30:05 pm

Any news on when we will have  spade in the ground by.. :)

Seriously though, by the end of Jan there will be news?
      iiBonKeRsS
      • Banned

• 162 posts |
      • Reppin' Liverpool FC Since 1892.
      Reply #442: Dec 21, 2011 06:05:20 pm
      Keep Anfield, make it bigger!

wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #443: Dec 23, 2011 03:49:33 pm
      nesv want to stay at anfield and redevelope i think , so maybe they put the rumour out to increase pressure on the parties stopping them
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #444: Dec 23, 2011 06:10:13 pm
      Every seat has a fold away tray and you get free earphones to listen to the match,
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #445: Dec 24, 2011 04:47:34 am
      Every seat has a fold away tray and you get free earphones to listen to the match,

:D

That rumour has departed...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #446: Dec 24, 2011 11:13:47 am
      I was told last Monday that a move to Stanley Park is likely to be announced in a couple of weeks.

I was told by my bird's Dad's second cousin's niece  ;)

No seriously, it was a decent source.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      Reply #447: Jan 01, 2012 08:44:50 pm
      Just 4 days to go for a press release then, or not, if the one from the 15th Dec 2011 was right.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #448: Jan 01, 2012 10:49:37 pm
      Quote from eurored
      £ 58,000,000 gb pounds a year  (year in year out )   in match day revenue behind the scum.

And if we weren't, we would still blow it on Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson.

I want to see us stay at Anfield. Arsenal will tell you that moving to bigger stadiums with bigger capacities and revenue, doesn't equal automatic trophies. Football has to be played, won and lost on the pitch, just as it was when our capacity was 10,000 behind the mancs, and we were still top of the tree.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #449: Jan 02, 2012 08:33:07 pm
      Half way point of the season and this table says it all.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon, wether its the redevelop or new ground option.

LEAGUE GAMES - January 2, 2012
        Team                           Total         Average
      1 Manchester United     754,522    75,452
      2 Arsenal                       599,602    59,960
      3 Newcastle United       436,358    48,484
      4 Manchester City         422,998    46,999
      5 Liverpool                    448,574     44,857
      6 Chelsea                      416,324    41,632
      7 Sunderland                 388,301    38,830
      8 Tottenham Hotspur     288,576   36,072
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,983 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #450: Jan 02, 2012 09:18:12 pm
      Love to see a 75,000 capacity stadium, with room for a all standing terrace,say around 25,000, with a seating area above, the new Kop, i think a move away from Anfield is more probable, with a sponsors name as it is with shitty and the Goons, we as fans of course will call it the new Anfield, and it must contain both the Shankly and Paisley gates, the Shrine, and the flagpole,and not forgetting Shankly's statue,in fact i think we should honour all our past managers with Statues, ie, Sir Bob, and uncle Joe and Kenny to, once he brings 19 and 6 of course.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,508 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #451: Jan 04, 2012 10:14:58 pm
      Just 4 days to go for a press release then, or not, if the one from the 15th Dec 2011 was right.

Get the feeling the Suarez case/outcome may have forced us to delay any announcement. Maybe a case of letting the dust settle a little bit.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #452: Jan 04, 2012 10:53:28 pm
      I heard before the Newcastle game that an announcement was due this Friday (ie before the Oldham game).

Maybe a tactic the club will go ahead with now to try and deflect some of the Suarez nonsense thats going on in all the daily sh*t rags.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #453: Jan 05, 2012 07:19:50 am
      Macca says he still thinks we will redevelop still which i would prefer. Just a question as i have no idea if we were able to redevelop to 60 000 in the future could you make it more.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #454: Jan 09, 2012 09:36:30 pm
      Just heard that apparently we are going to be redeveloping the Main and Annie Road stands and selling the naming rights to both, this will take capacity up to around 58,000 with co-operate boxes going in both stands. Announcement due later this week.

Anyone else heard anything?

I heard before the Newcastle game that an announcement was due this Friday (ie before the Oldham game).

Maybe a tactic the club will go ahead with now to try and deflect some of the Suarez nonsense thats going on in all the daily sh*t rags.

Dont count on this mind  ;)
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #455: Jan 10, 2012 09:03:41 am
      Would love to stay at Anfield, but can see us moving due to progress.

Would be happy either way.
      MarqueeMoon
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #456: Jan 13, 2012 12:39:04 pm
      Hey there Scousers, I thought I'd give my opinion/evaluation on the Anfield redevelopment issue, therefore done a little
      write-up. Hope this can incent the spirit of a good, unbiased debate.

A PLEA: Realistic reasons on constructional terms to leave Anfield behind to the other side of the road -
      That's one BIG small step for a fan, but a giant leap for Liverpool

Personally, I have been avid about the thought to stay at Anfield trying to attempt the impossible by redeveloping a vivid legend into state-of-the-art reality. So I have spent days of free time on looking onto all kinds of possibilities to refurbish current Anfield, I even found numbers (or close estimations) to compare rows per section, tried to look into different scopes (or hanging over schemes armed with a set square), grappled solutions to rebuild matching stands and calculated possible seat increase. Of course, I am not an architect of any sort, but highly interested in and fascinated by the latter.
      After many indecisive moments and fluctuating moods, I had find to my horror that Anfield cannot be redeveloped at a viable price and to the benefit of LFC's needs of a modernised ground.
      It requires land acquisition, major traffic/transit solutions and must overcome constructional barriers, no matter what arguments against will be advanced by stalwart supporters of the "Stay at Anfield" fraction, those end up being shaky and mainly seen through the rose-tinted glasses of sentiment and nostalgia, and what I also feel to be churned by a fair portion of justifiable abhorrence for Hicks and Gillett. Especially their main argument that it would all come off cheaper as there only would have to be 15/16,000 new seats created in stead of 61,000 at a new stadium is threadbare and made of pipe dreams. Why so? I will give you some insight.

- Is it reasonable to keep a row width of assumably 0.7m (or partially less) on current stands when modern grounds and building regulations boost the standard to 0.8m at a minimum (rather developing into a 0.85m to the merit of comfort)?
      - Is it reasonable to keep an old main stand whose way past its glory days and add further tiers to its substance?
      - Is it reasonable to redevelop and keep not only extremely tight seats (which contributes to the atmosphere but severely endangers safety) of which hundreds also bear obstructed views where people need to twist their heads in order to see (let's consider especially the inhuman solutions in the "corners", which narrowed wings to the side stands whatever architect created this, quite frankly, wasn't thinking straight)
      For the sake of the quarter: Is it reasonable to take up space for Anfield's extended footprint by clearing further houses and changing the map, yet hinder the area's chance for soft gentrification, whereas shops, community facilities, restaurants, housing, offices, a mall and/or a hotel could help to upgrade the area, create new jobs, regenerate urban living next to a high-class stadium and raise satisfaction and confidence of their residents and attract future residents (on a side: nope, not like Highbury, like a spiritual, affordable and sustainable mid-class quarter with a labour spirit)

An Expanded, Redeveloped High-class Anfield:
      Consequently, what looks like the realistic option in order to create a sustainable refurbishment that lives up to the standards of enormous financial investment and the change of fleeting time is knocking down the whole Main Stand, rebuild it from scratch and create roundabout 15-16,000 new seats including a club executive level and boxes. This action requires space, Lothair Road will have to be cleared: at least! It's obvious that Anfield Stadium lacks thoroughly of concourse and space around its footprint, so houses would most likely have to be cleared until Alroy Rd, making its extension into Gilman St the new surrounding street of the expanded ground area, a “Liverpool FC or Shankly Square” to be erected in front.
      In order to optically adjust the dimension of a new main stand, Anfield Road End would have to be rebuilt in a similar shape by which the street Anfield Road would have to be either:
      a) closed down, b) diverted through the park, or c) tunneled (from which going underground would be the safest option prior to tunneling the stand). Underground parking for prime seat holders of boxes or the executive level would be sufficient as well, so this would either have to be under the “LFC square” or the new Anni End.
      Given those operations, it would result in another (at least) 12,000 (by losing 9,000), further expansion according to planning and needs feasible.

Rebuilding Anni Road is inevitable.

Because the Pitch would have to be moved approximately 6 meter away from Centenary and about 10 meters north park side towards Anfield Rd in order to fulfill FIFA/UEFA regulations for a pitch size of 105 x 68m (currently 101x68m) and its correct distance to spectators of compulsory 6m at an absolute minimum on the sides and 7.5m behind the goals (currently: 3m at both sides, and 4m at the ends). Undersoil heating, drainage etc. should be expandable
      Filling in the corner between the two new stands and building a corner at a different gradient between the new Anni and Centenary would easily boost the capacity to 60-65000 (and bigger)
      (On a side: Shankly Gates and Hillsborough Memorial would have to be relocated)

The KOP Problem:   The Kop would now risk to lose its intimidating effect. Changes to it, by e.g. filling the corner and sorting the sides out, would mean the roof would have to be taken off and rebuilt as well (statical reasons). Even if we considered this pricy but necessary option, in result it would once again boost the capacity wide over the capacity limit of the City Council... (congestion of existent public transport and deprivation of means (or even reluctantly missing the chance) to electrify the Canada Dock Branch rails and establish a line for passenger transit) http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/watercity/Rapid-Transit-Football.html

INCLINE/SLOPE Problem:
        Anfield is like a patchwork and it makes expansion of course architecturally possible, but given that complicates its implementation! It's tricky to give a finished, closed touch of esthetic unity in regard to possibly expanded and stands without a causing a mess and breaking the financial limit, as the sightline from seats on 0.8m wide rows eventually falls flatter than those from 0.7m rows at the same gradient →  again view restrictions, so it would have to be engineered meticulously to fit (definitely possible but elaborate expertise needed)

TRAFFIC Problem:  

A bus terminal for easy handling is needed with direct access to the concourse/pedestrian precinct in front of the stadium, it would have to be built on Walton Breck likely somewhere on the derelict ruins between Tinsley and Gilman Street.
      And further, ideally a connection through the park from Alroy to Priory Rd (in my opinion needed in both options: New Anfield or redevelopment) would have to be realised to resolve traffic jams and inaccessibility throughout the whole area throughout and off matchdays...

So all in all, this would be a massive, bold and aspiring fortress of a football ground, no doubt about it, but yet it would take relatively TWO THIRDS OF REBUILT SEATS and three large rebuilt roofs to have a first-class fine stadium everyone around Anfield, Liverpool and first and foremost at LFC deserves. And in the end you'd still have a packed, seemingly outdated Centenary involved in the big picture (no object to expansion since the redevelopment of houses on Skerries Rd, the next street behind the parking lot, has recently taken place on LFC terms)

To what extent should this gratify its expanse? Only to stay on the exact same ground that has already completely undergone transformation in the past fifteen years except for a terribly outdated main stand. For the sake of history? When everything could be done from scratch a few steps over the road and entail fewer complications?

Don't get me wrong, Anfield is magic,
      it is mystique, it is British history at its best and it is one of the most famous stadia in the world, but you should leave things at their peak and keep them in good memory at heart and in your mind... sometimes you just have to walk away.
      Adding stands up onto the existent ones or any other sort of compromising refurbishment would only be making on the cheap, remain current needs and grievance uncured, tear apart optical proportions, possibly stifle the atmosphere and overall thus improve Anfield for the worse!

Merely 15,000 seats added doesn't make it a modern, safer, overall stadium
      , just will enforce a two-class segregation for the infamous prawn sandwich brigade on a superior main stand, let's take them in as we must for the sake of the future of this club, but let's create some new home with merits for everybody.
      Preserve the spirit of Anfield by moving over the street, stay in Anfield, not even a few blocks just a bunch of metres, yards however you want, it's a minimal distance amidst the tradition of the district. A small step, it won't hurt, it will be moving in many good ways. Liverpool, it's your turn.
      MarqueeMoon
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #457: Jan 13, 2012 03:03:38 pm
      *Pardon me, pitch would have to be moved 3m from Centenary Stand in a possible rebuilding measure of Anfield Road End (..the consequence being that further seats of 306 in the Kop will either be affected or become useless due to obstructed viewing, but block 304 will likely feature full viewing at the current restricted Ani/Centenary corner)
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #458: Jan 13, 2012 08:51:47 pm
      Good stuff Marquee, completely agree with all your points. It would be great to redevelop Anfield but it's unrealistic both structurally and financially. Building a new stadium is an opportunity to create a new era.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #459: Jan 16, 2012 03:00:08 am
      Can't take any of that seriously if you're calling the ANNY RD End, Anni!!

And by outdated Centenary, I think you're talking about the Main St.

Quick Reply