Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 333433 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #851: Oct 16, 2012 04:15:51 am
      Good decision here and definetly my preference. Looking back on it the idea of moving away from our sacred ground tears at the heart everytime.

I think 60,000 is a good number and will bring the stadia status to world class from many perspectives. There will be some pain in the process in the way of ticket prices increasing but I think that is justifiable given the benefits for matchgoers and the community.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #852: Oct 16, 2012 07:09:54 am
      ...what needs to be done in the neighborhood

nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #853: Oct 16, 2012 07:58:02 am
      I happen to work as the project accountant on a $150,000,000 project for Perkins Engines (owned by Caterpillar Inc)

http://www.perkins.com/cda/layout?m=96600&x=7&id=3393100

I just want to update you guys in terms of timescales and what we are looking at here.

This figure, the 150million is that amount purely to gain what is called 'mega project' status. Simply put, if you exceed that amount of money then as a business you will gain healthy tax benefits yearly. Also people you intend to employ plays a big part. Mega Projects are normally areas of vast public interest.  Airports, Stadiums, parks.  Historically a business had to hit $1billion but the figure has since been changed depending on what is being built.

When we started our research on my current project, from the initial meetings to the Green Book (capital) being signed off, we benchmarked and did all of our planning for a solid 18 months.

If this has been done yet remains to be seen but I would take a guess at it being completed.

There are essentially 4 key figures involved for the creation of this renovation

1, PMO – Project Management Office. 

Guys from Project managers, accountants, admin etc.  Select teams involved in the tendering and selection of various vendors.  Seats, lights, on-site bars etc all play a part.

2, Architects.

These people should be on board now.  They will have to CAD draw the initial plans and change it to suit timescales and budget.  Plans get changed daily and drawings and fees come along with that.  We are building at the moment and still changing the drawings.

3, Consultants.

Suits.  A key part.  They will have the answers for everything.  These are important purely because of the area.  The council will intend to get as much money from NESV as possible regarding the approvals we will need to start the project.  So this can be anything from obtaining the site levels, to getting permission to use explosives, digging up roads, knocking down houses.
      All those elements effect the public and will come with a delay. 

4, General Contractor.

Perhaps the most important of the lot.  The selection of the GC will be a key factor in a delay if any.  The contracts have to be watertight.  Ever since Brookfield took one of the biggest losses in history building Wembley contractors mull over signing a tender package. 
      Incentives can be brought in, I.E finish this on time and we’ll give you £1,000,000 – very common.
      You’re contractor is the guy who’s name will be all over the stadium during the build.  I would go with, and I’m sure we will, Robert McAlpine.  Simply put – the guys in charge of such builds as:

Maine Road
      1923 Wembley
      Millennium Dome
      Emirates Stadium
      Olympic Stadium
      Millennium Bridge

It all boils down to budget.  A healthy budget that is followed is a recipe for a successful build.  Going over budget can hurt a business and if NESV are trying to generate funds from a holding company you can guarantee that it will be a strict budget.

I am not sure if this is just a statement, or if LFC have approval for the money.  Do we have council approval or just an application?

I’d be interested to know.

I’d say we are looking at the following if not.

12-18 months benchmarking, pure research on market price of materials, and the suppliers who will be employed...  From concrete to flooring Sqm.

6 months design and contractor selection – to contract signing.

12 months construction from groundbreaking to beneficial occupancy and final completion.

When this project is fully approved and a GC appointed, my CV will be the first out to the selected Project Manager!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #854: Oct 16, 2012 08:12:55 am
      Thanks for the info. It would be very interesting to know how far along NESV are with those steps.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #855: Oct 16, 2012 08:21:37 am
      When this project is fully approved and a GC appointed, my CV will be the first out to the selected Project Manager!

Nice info. ;)

Can I suggest that you negotiate a season ticket as part of your remuneration package?

As it was my idea, may I recommend you get two. ;) :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #856: Oct 16, 2012 09:32:44 am
      Can I suggest that you negotiate a season ticket as part of your remuneration package?

As it was my idea, may I recommend you get two.

Or a corporate "LFCReds" box with the match day occupants to be decided by a ballot system.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #857: Oct 16, 2012 10:26:40 am
      Thanks for the info. It would be very interesting to know how far along NESV are with those steps.

They have taken out an option to buy Hick's spade, the deal may be finalised in 2014, although they have heard Brendan's got a shovel and they are assessing their options to borrow it.

Seriously -  The first planning application for the Anfield project is expected to be submitted next summer, meaning work could commence in 2014 with a planned finished date of 2016.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #858: Oct 16, 2012 05:34:26 pm
      Great news, lets hope there are no major stumbling blocks on the way to actually getting it started now.

Do feel that 60odd thousand against Utd or the Blueshite will be great but 60,000 against Reading on a Saturday 3pm could be more obviously quieter than it is now especially with more corporates and day trippers.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #859: Oct 16, 2012 07:33:15 pm
      Great news, lets hope there are no major stumbling blocks on the way to actually getting it started now.

Do feel that 60odd thousand against Utd or the Blueshite will be great but 60,000 against Reading on a Saturday 3pm could be more obviously quieter than it is now especially with more corporates and day trippers.

It's going to be more corporate seats than extra seats for day trippers, I think we should be looking at 65,000 minimum.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #860: Oct 17, 2012 12:23:02 am
      Mixed feelings about this, always wanted to stay at Anfield but the thought of a 70,000 seater stadium was great. 60,000 at a revamped Anfield is a shot short for me. Redevelop yes, but we can fill  70,000 seats no problem, and when we have redeveloped to 60,000, will there ever be room for another 10,000 or not ? Would still like to keep the kop though, even though its nothing like the atmosphere of when it was all standing. Can't wait for a european night with 60,000 in though. As long as it happens soon, perhaps this is the start of a run of good luck eh ?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #861: Oct 17, 2012 01:41:19 am
      Mixed feelings about this, always wanted to stay at Anfield but the thought of a 70,000 seater stadium was great. 60,000 at a revamped Anfield is a shot short for me. Redevelop yes, but we can fill  70,000 seats no problem, and when we have redeveloped to 60,000, will there ever be room for another 10,000 or not ? Would still like to keep the kop though, even though its nothing like the atmosphere of when it was all standing. Can't wait for a european night with 60,000 in though. As long as it happens soon, perhaps this is the start of a run of good luck eh ?

Can we fill that many? You know how dead Anfield can sound at 45,000 against the "lesser" teams? Imagine that in excess of 60,000. So for me, I'm happy with 60k.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #862: Oct 17, 2012 06:21:00 am
      Mixed feelings about this, always wanted to stay at Anfield but the thought of a 70,000 seater stadium was great. 60,000 at a revamped Anfield is a shot short for me.

There was never any chance of the current owners jumping straight to 70,000+ seats any time in the next couple of years, why would they? Reaching 60,000 would hit that "sweet spot" that Ayres spoke about and if we can sustain that for a few seasons as well as becoming more successful on the pitch, there is still the possibility of further expansion at a later date, perhaps by increasing capacity in The Kop. Pumping more money into the expanding now when we are still trying to increase commercial revenue may mean diverting money from transfer funds, ultimately sending us backwards and reducing ticket demand anyway.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #863: Oct 17, 2012 11:43:32 am
      Whilst it is my obvious preference to stay at Anfield, I can't help but feel for the locals who will be affected, one way or another. As long as they are fairly compensated, whether it be through re-housing or with money, then I will feel the redevelopment is ethical. Obviously happy with the decision but these steps need to be taken.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #864: Oct 17, 2012 11:45:16 am
      Whilst it is my obvious preference to stay at Anfield, I can't help but feel for the locals who will be affected, one way or another. As long as they are fairly compensated, whether it be through re-housing or with money, then I will feel the redevelopment is ethical. Obviously happy with the decision but these steps need to be taken.

Agree mate and do we have a rough idea of how many residents would be affected?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #865: Oct 17, 2012 11:46:40 am
      It's not many - 10 to 20 I think , maybe not that many
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #866: Oct 17, 2012 12:00:04 pm
      Agree mate and do we have a rough idea of how many residents would be affected?

Well, it depends what you mean by 'affected'. There is the obvious issue of the row of houses behind the Main Stand. As far as I am aware, there are not an awful lot remaining in those houses. As George Lucas said, maybe 10-20 but I would guess around 10.

However, and it goes with every planned construction work, whether it be to local roads, buildings etc, locals can be affected in a number of ways. Take, for example, bringing your kid to school, or the very popular bus routes that go up past Anfield to Fazarkley hospital. All these factors need to be taken in to account. That is why I am not getting too excited by the supposed redevelopment. It will take a lot of hard work and I think it will take a lot longer than some think, to tie up the loose ends. I am confident the club will look at these factors. As for the living conditions of those whose houses will be removed, I fear the club won't do enough to help them. For some, a flash house in another part of Liverpool won't do. I know if it was me, being a local in those houses, I would be against it all. I would want to stay in my area and not be moved around.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #867: Oct 17, 2012 01:28:09 pm
      Is it true that the majority of residents still are not happy with the proposal?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #868: Oct 17, 2012 01:29:57 pm
      Is it true that the majority of residents still are not happy with the proposal?

I think so Brian-one of the reasons why compolsory orders were mentioned by the council.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #869: Oct 17, 2012 05:54:24 pm
      Guys, i just got back from closing one of the best buys ive done in my life (or at least the one i enjoyed the most)

My team is building a brand new stadium, and as a way of seeking financing, the club is selling 4000 permanent and inheritable seats at the new stadium. Well, guess what, i just bought one , fourth row, at the very center-line!!!. They are also selling 115 skyboxes, and all in all, that should cover for 70% of the stadiums total cost.

Not the correct thread, but i just wanted to share this with you guys!

http://www.estadiocap.com.uy/
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #870: Oct 17, 2012 06:59:59 pm
      Guys, i just got back from closing one of the best buys ive done in my life (or at least the one i enjoyed the most)

My team is building a brand new stadium, and as a way of seeking financing, the club is selling 4000 permanent and inheritable seats at the new stadium. Well, guess what, i just bought one , fourth row, at the very center-line!!!. They are also selling 115 skyboxes, and all in all, that should cover for 70% of the stadiums total cost.

Not the correct thread, but i just wanted to share this with you guys!

http://www.estadiocap.com.uy/

That sounds awesome, congratulations!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #871: Oct 18, 2012 08:24:28 pm

Just found this floating on the interweb. Apparently it's what our stadium might look like if a guy off the internet were to guess.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #872: Oct 19, 2012 12:03:34 am
      That sounds awesome, congratulations!
      Thanks mate! Had to make quite an effort, but it will be worth it. Just to think that i will be able to legate my seat to my descendents gives me goose bumps.

Any fresh news regarding the redevelopment of Anfield?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #873: Oct 19, 2012 01:10:35 am

Just found this floating on the interweb. Apparently it's what our stadium might look like if a guy off the internet were to guess.

No offence but that looks like nonsense.

Judging by the trees we are to assume the Road End is the one closest to us and that makes the curved roof stand the Mainstand, yet the stand at the other end (what would be the Kop appears two tiered)

If we are to assume the stadium is flipped around it would mean the opposite. Essentially that the Centenary would be redeveloped to have 'that' roof and the Kop would have some trees opposite.

Looks like sh*te to me. And luckily it is.

Quick Reply