Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 333462 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #897: Nov 25, 2012 11:12:06 am
      Sooooooooooo I take it there has been nothing again since there last anouncement of pretty much nothing...

It depends how you interpret it.  Isn't Anfield supposed to be hosting some of the Rugby League World Cup games next summer.  Can't really start work until that's over with. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #898: Nov 25, 2012 02:21:42 pm
      I have got a few old spades if they are short of equipment.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #899: Nov 25, 2012 02:28:22 pm
      Wrong thread but Arsenal have announced another long term deal with Emirates Airlines for £150 Million.

Arsenal's new Emirates sponsorship deal to fund transfers and salaries

• £150m five-year contract covers kit and stadium naming rights
      • 'We can be more financially competitive' – CEO Ivan Gazidis

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/23/arsenal-emirates-airline-sponsorship-deal

That will have paid off thier Stadium cost.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #900: Nov 29, 2012 10:52:31 pm
      Pinched from Rawk, re-development plans.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #901: Nov 30, 2012 09:38:15 pm
      Video of surrounding area.

Finale
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #902: Nov 30, 2012 10:05:28 pm

Looks good. The cafe/restaurant at the top of the main stand has an excellent view.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #903: Nov 30, 2012 10:10:20 pm
      Looks good. The cafe/restaurant at the top of the main stand has an excellent view.

Yes, but is it real, or will it even happen.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #904: Dec 01, 2012 09:26:20 pm
      Yes, but is it real, or will it even happen.

Hmmm. We'll have to wait and see. I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if the surrounding area ends up looking like it does in the video.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #905: Dec 08, 2012 10:39:42 am
      The video is a very well put together university project. Don't think demolishing half of the Anfield area would go down too well, mind.

This very interesting thread on Skyscraper City offers some explanation anyway.

http://t.co/O7BpnLCl

Very interesting quote from one of the members of the project above:

Quote from: cchall1989
      "And in quick response, as my workload prevents me going into too much detail right now, after talks with the designers and planners in the Anfield regeneration projects at present as well as chief members of the liverpool board - the expansion of Anfield as shown on our plan is what is proposed for the 60000 seater. It extends two streets north and only across to the other side of the road on Anfield Road.
      That's not our plan - that is what is proposed in reality.
      « Last Edit: Dec 08, 2012 10:58:59 am by CRK »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #906: Dec 09, 2012 08:52:48 pm
      The video is a very well put together university project. Don't think demolishing half of the Anfield area would go down too well, mind.

This very interesting thread on Skyscraper City offers some explanation anyway.

http://t.co/O7BpnLCl

Very interesting quote from one of the members of the project above:

Ivisit family in Anfield each week believe me it needs knocking down.There are already lots of news homes and a fantastic new Academy.
      Stanley park with its Glasshouse is really good as a central point to make a decent area to live but the housing in lots of areas surrounding it is awful and has been for decades.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #907: Dec 10, 2012 11:44:55 am
      Ivisit family in Anfield each week believe me it needs knocking down.There are already lots of news homes and a fantastic new Academy.
      Stanley park with its Glasshouse is really good as a central point to make a decent area to live but the housing in lots of areas surrounding it is awful and has been for decades.
      Some places in Liverpool have structures from the same era that are pleasing to the eye but the terraces in parts of Anfield are definitely not in that category, it is really hard to believe that people would prefer living in them as opposed to being rehoused with all the benefits therein.
      Can't speak for everyone of course there will be exceptions to the rule but speaking in a personal context having lived in Walton in my childhood my parents were overjoyed to be given a place on a new estate, I didn't give a sh*t at the time being made up with the alleyways, Walton Park and the extended family in the terraces, Speke was a different ball game of course but within a month all was forgotten.
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2012 12:08:48 pm by stuey »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #908: Dec 15, 2012 12:49:03 pm
      Some of the houses mightn't look like much, but they're people's homes regardless. I live in a similar house and I'd be furious if someone decided to kick us out and put us in one of those flats outlined in the videos which would offer much less living space.

Some people may go for it, especially with the approriate monetary bonuses but you've got to understand that some of the people living there have been there for more than 50 years and brought their families up there. It's not as simple as just giving them another house.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #909: Dec 16, 2012 04:29:57 pm
      Some of the houses mightn't look like much, but they're people's homes regardless. I live in a similar house and I'd be furious if someone decided to kick us out and put us in one of those flats outlined in the videos which would offer much less living space.

Some people may go for it, especially with the approriate monetary bonuses but you've got to understand that some of the people living there have been there for more than 50 years and brought their families up there. It's not as simple as just giving them another house.
      Of course Joey and no way I meant bulldoze regardless, I used to live in Maria Road in Walton many years ago and still have family living across L4 so know full well what you're saying about about people having roots there.
      Like any situation though there are no thick and fast rules or standards and while some streets are immaculate with long standing residents, there are area's which do look the worse for wear.   
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #910: Dec 16, 2012 04:36:46 pm
      It's a shame people have to be given compulsory orders to move home for a stadium to be built or expanded.

I would not like to be put in such a position.

Stanley Park new build would be great.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #911: Dec 16, 2012 06:09:02 pm
      Of course Joey and no way I meant bulldoze regardless, I used to live in Maria Road in Walton many years ago and still have family living across L4 so know full well what you're saying about about people having roots there.
      Like any situation though there are no thick and fast rules or standards and while some streets are immaculate with long standing residents, there are area's which do look the worse for wear.   

Not far from ours that, and me Mum and Dad both grew up by The Breeze. Small world. :)

The irony of all this is that the houses behind the Main Stand are the most ideal candidates for demolition. But then at the same time, many would say the only reason they're in such disrepair is because of the uncertainty over our stadium situation. For me, that only applies to those two rows of houses. The state of the rest of the area is purely down to the council resting on their laurels.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #912: Dec 16, 2012 07:42:53 pm
      Not far from ours that, and me Mum and Dad both grew up by The Breeze. Small world. :)

The irony of all this is that the houses behind the Main Stand are the most ideal candidates for demolition. But then at the same time, many would say the only reason they're in such disrepair is because of the uncertainty over our stadium situation. For me, that only applies to those two rows of houses. The state of the rest of the area is purely down to the council resting on their laurels.
      Don't recognise Breeze Hill mate when I'm up there now, checked it out on google maps and the house we used to live in has been knocked down for a through road onto Breeze Hill - there's ironic for you, the rest of the street looks the same, think the arl alehouse is still there at the bottom of the road, I was too young to bevvy in there when we lived there but all my uncles, aunties and me mam and dad used to drink there - they used to call it Swifts but I don't know it's proper name.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #913: Dec 18, 2012 12:13:57 am
      Don't recognise Breeze Hill mate when I'm up there now, checked it out on google maps and the house we used to live in has been knocked down for a through road onto Breeze Hill - there's ironic for you, the rest of the street looks the same, think the arl alehouse is still there at the bottom of the road, I was too young to bevvy in there when we lived there but all my uncles, aunties and me mam and dad used to drink there - they used to call it Swifts but I don't know it's proper name.

There's the Vic (Queen Victoria), the Prince Arthur, Raffles (or the Shamrock bar) or the dreaded Peppers nightclub - other than that I'm not sure! :) It's seemed to have changed even since I was a kid to be fair, can't imagine what it was like when the bakery was down there.

Ironically, the house opposite The Breeze was my Dad's house as a kid which has been knocked down, and one of the corner houses on Maria/Buchanan Road was my Mum's - also knocked down. The Burns' or the Inder's if you were there in the 60s/70s. :)

Anyways, way off topic here. ;)

It's a big PR job for the council this, attaching their name to the redevelopment of Anfield as if their involvement is what is making it happen. The fact remains that the rest of Anfield has gone down the pan because the council have sat on their arses and let it over the past few years. Moaning aside, if the area improves then I'm not arsed if that's what it's took to get their fingers out.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #914: Dec 18, 2012 12:33:46 pm
      There's the Vic (Queen Victoria), the Prince Arthur, Raffles (or the Shamrock bar) or the dreaded Peppers nightclub - other than that I'm not sure! :) It's seemed to have changed even since I was a kid to be fair, can't imagine what it was like when the bakery was down there.

Ironically, the house opposite The Breeze was my Dad's house as a kid which has been knocked down, and one of the corner houses on Maria/Buchanan Road was my Mum's - also knocked down. The Burns' or the Inder's if you were there in the 60s/70s. :)

Anyways, way off topic here. ;)

It's a big PR job for the council this, attaching their name to the redevelopment of Anfield as if their involvement is what is making it happen. The fact remains that the rest of Anfield has gone down the pan because the council have sat on their arses and let it over the past few years. Moaning aside, if the area improves then I'm not arsed if that's what it's took to get their fingers out.
      You're right of course the council as is their way have done nothing to prevent the area hitting the skids, suppose they're waiting for another Euro handout that will go with the ground redevelopment.

Checked that out and it was the Breeze they used to call Swifts, think that was the name of a former landlord there.
      Sure there was Florence Road at the bottom of Buchanan but it's gone now we had loads of family there as well, I remember staying there as a kid and the rhythmic throb of Taylors bakery directly at the rear of the yard getting me off to sleep.   
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #915: Dec 20, 2012 08:43:22 pm
      You're right of course the council as is their way have done nothing to prevent the area hitting the skids, suppose they're waiting for another Euro handout that will go with the ground redevelopment.

that's the impression i've had over the last 10 years, which is a shame.  Hopefully this redevelopment will turn it around
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #916: Dec 30, 2012 06:53:24 am
      I've been to Liverpool plenty of times and it's a beautiful city, but I do admit that there certain parts of Liverpool that could do with upgrading to say the least.

Probably the most beautiful in the UK other than London and Edinburgh. Really wish more people would appreciate Liverpool's history, culture and some of the sites in the city. Most people have a negative sterotype of Liverpool which is a shame.

I don't agree that people need to be moved, because they will undoubtably have precious memories, and while the house they relocate too might be nice. It might be unpractical due to work, school, or even a sick family member who lives close by. You just don't know the reasons behind their unwillingness to move.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #917: Dec 30, 2012 03:44:55 pm
      Still no news then... Cor, this is really dragging on now! So much hope dashed for so long!

I agree with not moving people - but there has to be another way! Bring back the Parry Bowl...
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #918: Dec 31, 2012 03:35:19 am
      Still no news then... Cor, this is really dragging on now! So much hope dashed for so long!

I agree with not moving people - but there has to be another way! Bring back the Parry Bowl...

Was under the idea that nothing would happen regardless because of the Rugby World Cup, only after that was finished would anything concrete begin.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #919: Dec 31, 2012 03:02:44 pm
      Was under the idea that nothing would happen regardless because of the Rugby World Cup, only after that was finished would anything concrete begin.

Anything Concrete - haha, see what you did there....

Thats crazy mental - although the extra revenue from the world cup will be nice, it must be minor compaired to what we can get from expansion!

Quick Reply