Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 333817 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #920: Jan 06, 2013 07:15:08 pm
      Wrong thread but Arsenal have announced another long term deal with Emirates Airlines for £150 Million.

Arsenal's new Emirates sponsorship deal to fund transfers and salaries

• £150m five-year contract covers kit and stadium naming rights
      • 'We can be more financially competitive' – CEO Ivan Gazidis

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/23/arsenal-emirates-airline-sponsorship-deal

That will have paid off thier Stadium cost.

They have known all the way through what they were going to do and they have done it.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #921: Jan 08, 2013 07:04:22 am
       News flash,Hicks and Gillette are trying to sell the original spade that was supposed to dig the first sod in Stanley Park.They say the spade is as good as new and so it should be as they never used it.Any funds raised from the sale will go towards paying their legal defence team.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #922: Jan 11, 2013 10:51:32 pm

H&G Told To Pay Up £1m Costs (Liverpool Echo Jan 10)

H&G have been ordered to pay up to £1m in security if they want to continue their long running legal battle over the sale of the club to NESV.
      H&G had applied to the court of appeal to delay the High Court trial scheduled for April, to give them more time to raise the money.
      This was over-ruled by Lord Justice Lewison which means H&G will have to pay up if they want to pursue the bitterly-fought legal campaign through the courts.
      In October Mr Justice Peter Smith ruled that the case should start in April and ordered the claimants to surrender security for costs. It was this that H&G were appealing against.
      According to the Court Of Appeal the claimants have now paid £712,000 on account securing the future of the case, well short of the £5m they have been ordered to pay as security if they want to go to trial on April 22 for an estimated 10 weeks.
      Both H&G and RBS refused to comment on the latest development, but a source close to the case said ''the ball is very much in Hicks and Gillett's court, if they want to go to trial in April they will have to put up the money.''

Some insight into the out of court settlement in that report, prior to it's announcement.       

kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #923: Jan 12, 2013 09:10:26 am
      With redevelopment I think the club should put in place some sort of scheme where you need so much "loyality" with regards to a booking history before you qualify to get Kop tickets. What ever happended to relcaim the Kop campaign?

Fear when we increase the capacity, more and more proper reds will get outpriced and the fan base will continue to get diluted by people wanting kudos and to take pictures and brag to their friends they are at the game instead of actually supporting the team.

Know its essiential we increase matchday revenue but feel the heart and soul of the club is being ripped out.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #924: Jan 12, 2013 11:05:48 am
      With redevelopment I think the club should put in place some sort of scheme where you need so much "loyality" with regards to a booking history before you qualify to get Kop tickets. What ever happended to relcaim the Kop campaign?

Fear when we increase the capacity, more and more proper reds will get outpriced and the fan base will continue to get diluted by people wanting kudos and to take pictures and brag to their friends they are at the game instead of actually supporting the team.

Know its essiential we increase matchday revenue but feel the heart and soul of the club is being ripped out.

The words pie and sky spring to mind.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #925: Jan 12, 2013 04:20:02 pm

I hope you don't begrudge me being in The Kop but I agree with what you're saying. I had a nightmare trying to get tickets for the Stoke game, firstly for Family tickets but then when it came to the adult ticket sale, I was clicking all over the stadium diagram looking for two tickets together and was quite amazed that the easiest place to find them was in The Kop, that can't be right! OK, both adults had to have LFC Member cards but still, anybody could sign up for a card and then grab Kop tickets with zero prior purchase history.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #926: Jan 13, 2013 08:38:52 am
      I hope you don't begrudge me being in The Kop

Of course not!

My point is that I bet theres quite a few people who manage to get tickets who don't even know they are on the Kop!

Going to football these days is almost like "the thing to do" and it seems to have replaced a shopping trip or going to the cinema for some people.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #927: Jan 13, 2013 08:33:13 pm
      Feel like adding a poll.

Do you think Anfield will EVER be redeveloped?

Yes.

No.

I'd vote no.

Moores, H&G, now FSG, they must go through shoes like sh*t through a goose. Stop dragging your feet and DO SOMETHING.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #928: Jan 14, 2013 11:29:59 am
      James Pearce at The Echo on webchat this week.

On #LFC stadium says" the acquisition of properties remains on track."

"and I would expect the club to be in a position to put in a planning application in around 3 to 4 months."

"The refurbished stadium will have a capacity of around 60 000."

Alot of the housing around Anfield still needs to be bought up. I don't know about anyone else, but if I knew a massive company wanted to buy my property, and they could only begin work until I sold my property.. I'd squeeze them out of every last penny, if that meant rejecting a few offers before a substantial one came in, I'd take my chances. I don't expect this to be a quick process personally, and I'd be surprised if the planning application was actually submitted by Summer.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #929: Jan 14, 2013 12:08:31 pm
      Wonder if that spade in the ground from summer 2007 is still there its probably gone rusty by now.
      If things had been different we would now be top of the league in a brand new 65,000 seater stadium.Instead we are arguing the toss with the owners of some very run down properties in Anfield and sitting 8th in the league .Thanks for that David and Rick.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #930: Jan 14, 2013 12:43:28 pm
      Wonder if that spade in the ground from summer 2007 is still there its probably gone rusty by now.
      If things had been different we would now be top of the league in a brand new 65,000 seater stadium.Instead we are arguing the toss with the owners of some very run down properties in Anfield and sitting 8th in the league .Thanks for that David and Rick.

That spade has asked for a transfer request.

James Pearce at The Echo on webchat this week.

On #LFC stadium says" the acquisition of properties remains on track."

"and I would expect the club to be in a position to put in a planning application in around 3 to 4 months."

"The refurbished stadium will have a capacity of around 60 000."

Alot of the housing around Anfield still needs to be bought up. I don't know about anyone else, but if I knew a massive company wanted to buy my property, and they could only begin work until I sold my property.. I'd squeeze them out of every last penny, if that meant rejecting a few offers before a substantial one came in, I'd take my chances. I don't expect this to be a quick process personally, and I'd be surprised if the planning application was actually submitted by Summer.

Yeh,ok! There willbe leaves on the track next.

Seriously WTF has LFC plc Ltd or what ever been doing? This is a joke.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #931: Jan 14, 2013 12:54:57 pm
      Yeh,ok! There willbe leaves on the track next.

Seriously WTF has LFC plc Ltd or what ever been doing? This is a joke.

The intention to re-develop Anfield was only officially confirmed just over 2 months ago unfortunately mate. So I can't imagine there being any property acquisition taking place before that was announced. In full agreement this should have been sorted years ago, as it stands, I'd be surprised if we meet the Summer target on submitting the planning permission.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      Reply #932: Jan 14, 2013 01:11:44 pm
      I know that, but this F***ing fiasco has been going on for over 10 F***ing years now.

The whole of the upper tier of management in that time has just a few nice pictures to show for their efforts. And a massive bill for them.

What gets me is the plans were already drawn up for a great stadium. The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, roof and all. Capacity: 72,500.

Should have copied this back in 2000.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #933: Jan 14, 2013 01:41:56 pm
      That spade has asked for a transfer request.

I don't hold out much hope for the Carra of spades....

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #934: Jan 14, 2013 04:39:28 pm
      I know that, but this f**king fiasco has been going on for over 10 f**king years now.

The whole of the upper tier of management in that time has just a few nice pictures to show for their efforts. And a massive bill for them.

What gets me is the plans were already drawn up for a great stadium. The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, roof and all. Capacity: 72,500.

Should have copied this back in 2000.
      Never mind the bad transfer decisions what about the amount of money spent on sacking managers,settling old scores with Hicks and co and the millions spent on a project that still hasn't started.
      Dont talk to me about wasting money.
      And some still proudly boat about them being successful business men,
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #935: Jan 14, 2013 05:03:32 pm
      JH probably using that spade to dig out the back end of Linda ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #936: Jan 15, 2013 07:33:35 am
      Of course not!

My point is that I bet theres quite a few people who manage to get tickets who don't even know they are on the Kop!

Going to football these days is almost like "the thing to do" and it seems to have replaced a shopping trip or going to the cinema for some people.
      It is a pity that season tickets for the KOP could not be done away with and pay cash at the turnstyle brought back just for the Kop.That would seperate the daydreamers from the genuine supporters as the daydreamers would not be prepared to queue for 2 or 3 hours to watch our REDS.I dare say the banter and the atmosphere might even return to the beloved KOP.
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2013 07:46:44 am by Billy1 »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #937: Jan 15, 2013 04:13:43 pm
      It is a pity that season tickets for the KOP could not be done away with and pay cash at the turnstyle brought back just for the Kop.That would seperate the daydreamers from the genuine supporters as the daydreamers would not be prepared to queue for 2 or 3 hours to watch our REDS.I dare say the banter and the atmosphere might even return to the beloved KOP.
      I would quite happily stand in line to pay my £2.00p Billy or will it be more than that.
      i have always been keen to get into the ground as early as possible and never leave before the whistle.Tickets have destroyed that as everyone turns up 5mins before kick off and the atmosphere doesnt get a chance to build as it used to.
      Only a thought but couldnt they offer the Kop tickets on a postcode basis first preference to local's.Or maybe interview potential Kopites to see how many songs they know and how loudly they can sing them
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #938: Jan 16, 2013 07:57:52 am
      I would quite happily stand in line to pay my £2.00p Billy or will it be more than that.
      i have always been keen to get into the ground as early as possible and never leave before the whistle.Tickets have destroyed that as everyone turns up 5mins before kick off and the atmosphere doesnt get a chance to build as it used to.
      Only a thought but couldnt they offer the Kop tickets on a postcode basis first preference to local's.Or maybe interview potential Kopites to see how many songs they know and how loudly they can sing them
      walton you are right about getting in the ground early and the time passed so quickly to kick off due to the banter.Even the coppers on horseback enjoyed the chat with the crowd.Sadly those days are long gone never to return.Even if NESV poured millions and millions of pounds at the kop they could never buy that atmosphere that we breathed and enjoyed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #939: Jan 16, 2013 12:52:54 pm
      gates opened at 1pm had to get in line by 12 o'clock.I would expect the ground is a morgue until 2.30pm these days.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #940: Jan 17, 2013 12:45:44 pm
      gates opened at 1pm had to get in line by 12 o'clock.I would expect the ground is a morgue until 2.30pm these days.

Yep.
      Pisses me off no end when you compare how it used to be, the banter was amazing and the tension used to build and build until the teams came out, then the noise would make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

I'd love to see us get back to that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #941: Jan 17, 2013 01:07:20 pm
      booing the opposition players when they came out onto the field was a ritual I expect they do it in an empty stadium these days.
      Maybe we should have some pre match entertainment to get the punters warmed up.......no I am only joking.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #942: Jan 17, 2013 02:00:19 pm
      Liverpool FC’s £150million redevelopment of Anfield is on track

LIVERPOOL FC’S £150million project to redevelop Anfield remains on track with the club hoping to submit a planning application in the spring.

Back in October, owners Fenway Sports Group announced they had shelved plans to build a new stadium in Stanley Park in favour of refurbishing the club’s current home.

It’s part of a huge Liverpool City Council led regeneration project for the Anfield area and will involve major extensions to the Main Stand and Anfield Road stand to boost the capacity to around 60,000.

Over the past three months the council have been negotiating the purchase of homes which will be demolished to make room for Anfield’s expansion.

“We are very pleased with progress,” said Reds MD Ian Ayre.

“A lot of work has gone on behind the scenes particularly with the acquisition of properties and architectural work to look at designs and plans which would be submitted for planning permission.

“We’ve got a meeting coming up in the next few weeks with the steering group which is made up of the various parties who were present when the announcement about the regeneration was made.

“Certainly in terms of milestones that we set ourselves, we are on track. We’re pleased with the way we’re heading and there’s no reason to feel anything other than optimistic.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2013/01/17/liverpool-fc-s-150million-redevelopment-of-anfield-is-on-track-100252-32618291/

Quick Reply