Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 333457 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #989: Apr 24, 2013 09:52:54 pm
      You do realize HR is kidding right?

You do realize Stuey is kidding right?

:D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #990: Apr 25, 2013 12:52:39 pm
      What? HRs play on words or his psychic qualities? ;)

You do realize HR is kidding right?

I thought he was serious!. The little b***ard!  :f_steam: >:D ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #991: Apr 26, 2013 11:23:16 am
      Anybody starting to think that we will continue to sit in the same ground for the next 10/20 years while listening to our directors/owners tell us we cant compete with utd/arsenal/big European clubs because the turnover there larger stadiums make for them?

I DO
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #992: Apr 26, 2013 06:48:04 pm
      Well, if many people are to be beleived (which they should not as they spout crap on twatter) we have sounded out the Quatri's (again, not sure if the poeple, royal family or airline) have been keen to invest if not buy. They cant buy as NESV value us at a stupid level - unlike any other American onwers! But they have now decided they want to name our beloved Anfield - for what it's worth as no one will call it that - and pave the way for the expansion...

Still, its proabbly absolute balls...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #993: Apr 26, 2013 07:56:22 pm
      Well, if many people are to be beleived (which they should not as they spout crap on twatter) we have sounded out the Quatri's (again, not sure if the poeple, royal family or airline) have been keen to invest if not buy. They cant buy as NESV value us at a stupid level - unlike any other American onwers! But they have now decided they want to name our beloved Anfield - for what it's worth as no one will call it that - and pave the way for the expansion...

Still, its proabbly absolute balls...

I read nothing about them wanting to buy the club. They want to invest heavily in all areas of sponsorship (club sponsor, field, etc...) up to and possibly including renaming Anfield if they are offered those rights.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #994: Apr 26, 2013 08:10:23 pm
      Based off of this I believe.

Qatari company seeking to sponsor Liverpool and rename Anfield

A large Qatari telecommunications company is in talks to sponsor Liverpool Football Club and possibly rename Anfield Stadium, it is reported.

A director at Ooredoo (formerly Qatar Telecom), is quoted by Al Jazeera saying:

“The goal was to sponsor a big English club with a huge history, our search included Arsenal & Manchester United but the former two have long sponsorship deals and the same applies to Manchester City so Liverpool is the only club available right now.”

“We want to sponsor the club in full. We want to sponsor the Stadium (possibly rename it) as well as the club’s kits. Our goal is to reach the Asian markets where the Premier League has an enormous fan base.”

“We received the tender from the club a few days ago and we are currently in the process of due diligence and we are studying each aspect of the study.”

“It is a dual interest, Liverpool needs the money to compete with the European heavyweights and we want to expand our brand to reach new markets via football.”

Liverpool are currently sponsored by Standard Chartered, in a deal that is worth ÂŁ20m per year, but that expires next summer.

In October last year, managing director Ian Ayre said “There won’t be a naming rights deal for Anfield.”

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/04/qatari-company-seeking-to-sponsor-liverpool-and-rename-anfield/

Feel like sloppy seconds after reading this tbh
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #995: Apr 26, 2013 08:19:59 pm

A large Qatari telecommunications company is in talks to sponsor Liverpool Football Club and possibly rename Anfield Stadium, it is reported.

“The goal was to sponsor a big English club with a huge history, our search included Arsenal & Manchester United but the former two have long sponsorship deals and the same applies to Manchester City so Liverpool is the only club available right now.”

“We want to sponsor the club in full. We want to sponsor the Stadium (possibly rename it) as well as the club’s kits. Our goal is to reach the Asian markets where the Premier League has an enormous fan base.”

“We received the tender from the club a few days ago and we are currently in the process of due diligence and we are studying each aspect of the study.”

“It is a dual interest, Liverpool needs the money to compete with the European heavyweights and we want to expand our brand to reach new markets via football.”

Liverpool are currently sponsored by Standard Chartered, in a deal that is worth ÂŁ20m per year, but that expires next summer.

In October last year, managing director Ian Ayre said “There won’t be a naming rights deal for Anfield.”

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/04/qatari-company-seeking-to-sponsor-liverpool-and-rename-anfield/

That was my point, nowhere in that article did it seem to me they wanted to buy the club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #996: Apr 26, 2013 08:41:52 pm
      I thought he was serious!. The little b***ard!  :f_steam: >:D ;D

Sorry!

And the only who got the joke was a dirty yank!! ;)

Huge history and then they mention Man City, the cheeky fuckers.

Let them sponsor the ground, no one around here will be able to pronounce the name of the company anyway, it'll still be Anfield.

Seems to be doing the rounds on all the forums, definitely not going to be true then!

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #997: Apr 26, 2013 08:44:52 pm
      Fu8k these jokers

We looked at utd and Arsenal then city THEN Liverpool. Jog on and shove your cash up your arse
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #998: Apr 27, 2013 08:18:25 am
      As I said FL Red - this is most likley bullshit, but along with this 'rumors' that are not publiciesed are that they want to own the club... These are rumors as its not factual and you wont find anythig written - and as I said likley to be sh*te...

I agree with most, when I read that I felt a bit dirty - like they would prefer Arsenal or Utd, but we will do. However, I say go for it - if Mila Kunis decided she wanted to sleep with Brad Pitt, Jonny Depp or Bob Hoskins but none were avaliable so she chose me 4th I wouldnt be telling her to trott on. No, I would have a wonderful time that I could tell all my friends (and compelete strangers) about at any given time whilst elevating myself to a level of fame for being the worlds jammiest git...
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #999: Apr 27, 2013 09:41:32 am
      As I said FL Red - this is most likley bullshit, but along with this 'rumors' that are not publiciesed are that they want to own the club... These are rumors as its not factual and you wont find anythig written - and as I said likley to be sh*te...

I agree with most, when I read that I felt a bit dirty - like they would prefer Arsenal or Utd, but we will do. However, I say go for it - if Mila Kunis decided she wanted to sleep with Brad Pitt, Jonny Depp or Bob Hoskins but none were avaliable so she chose me 4th I wouldnt be telling her to trott on. No, I would have a wonderful time that I could tell all my friends (and compelete strangers) about at any given time whilst elevating myself to a level of fame for being the worlds jammiest git...

Really?

Id just be a bit gutted I was down the pecking order after Bob Hoskins

As for FSG...
       :roll:  :tosser:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1000: Apr 27, 2013 10:05:34 am

Just checked it out and Mila Kunist is a very fit lady worth googling time and time again if you were incredibly lucky enough to get the opportunity.

As for the club whoring itself about....we are being forced to carry on like the slut of the Prem by the innaction of our owners, making money out of the situation is an improvement - a questionable improvement but still an improvement. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1001: Apr 27, 2013 10:45:46 am
      So Anfield would be renamed the Ooredoo Stadium?

F**k off, no way!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1002: Apr 27, 2013 11:01:17 am
      So Anfield would be renamed the Ooredoo Stadium?

F**k off, no way!

Gonna send shiver down the spine's of opponents when they hear wher they will be playing ......not.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1003: Apr 27, 2013 02:39:32 pm
      Really?

Id just be a bit gutted I was down the pecking order after Bob Hoskins

As for FSG...
       :roll:  :tosser:

Yes, really... Would you not..? As for their money - take it and dont look back. I doubt we are many's first choice for anything at the moment... No Euro football, no title in a long time - so why sh*t and moan. If I was no fan but looking for a team to back I would to back the team that will get the most positive headlines, most media coverage and have the most success on the field in proportion to what I could spend. Its just the way it is... Dont feel bad, just accept where we are and try to improve, unless we admit we need help we will never imrpove.

But for people to say no it's just a case of cutting of your nose to spite your face. If it brings success who cares either way, its not my money - and lets be honest NESV are not going to splash the cash any time soon unless you beleive that they will in the 'next' window like they always say.

If they pay for a new stadium that is what we need then I really dont care if they wanted to sponsor anyone else first - it's not our problem!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1004: Apr 27, 2013 03:03:28 pm
      Yes, really... Would you not..? As for their money - take it and dont look back. I doubt we are many's first choice for anything at the moment... No Euro football, no title in a long time - so why sh*t and moan. If I was no fan but looking for a team to back I would to back the team that will get the most positive headlines, most media coverage and have the most success on the field in proportion to what I could spend. Its just the way it is... Dont feel bad, just accept where we are and try to improve, unless we admit we need help we will never imrpove.

But for people to say no it's just a case of cutting of your nose to spite your face. If it brings success who cares either way, its not my money - and lets be honest NESV are not going to splash the cash any time soon unless you beleive that they will in the 'next' window like they always say.

If they pay for a new stadium that is what we need then I really dont care if they wanted to sponsor anyone else first - it's not our problem!

Not really sure what's directed at me, I was just passing comment on you being sub Bob Hoskins.

The owners I don't trust to take us forward.. Not sure what you are suggesting I do or don't want
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1005: Apr 27, 2013 03:28:27 pm

Spirit of Shankly move to prevent Liverpool FC being sold under their noses

LIVERPOOL FC supporters’ union Spirit of Shankly is bidding to be included as a key player in any future moves to sell the club.

They have made an application to Liverpool city council to have Anfield stadium declared an “asset of community value.”

If the application to the council is successful Anfield could not be sold without supporters having an opportunity to purchase it.

This would mean Spirit of Shankly, as a locally-based organisation and interested group, would be automatically notified of any moves to sell the stadium – and, by extension the club itself.

James McKenna, chairman of Spirit of Shankly, said the real value of the designation was that it would act as an “early warning mechanism” of any future sale of the club.

He said: “What’s likely to happen is if Liverpool FC plan to sell Anfield, the likelihood is that it would be sold as part of any sale of LFC. It gives us some protection and means we can’t be ignored. We would have six weeks to indicate whether we were interested in making a bid and six months to prepare the bid.”

The application is being made under the Localism Act, a government initiative to give more power to local communities and to keep land and buildings – including football stadiums – in community use.

If Anfield is accepted as an “asset of community value”, then the council must be notified by Liverpool FC of any intention to sell Anfield.

Spirit of Shankly spokesman Paul Martin said: “Safeguarding the long term future of the club is vitally important to us. This application provides us with an opportunity to influence any future sale of the club by being part of that process.

“Having been witness to a sales process that left us in a precarious financial position and reached the High Court we know all too well the importance of this.”

He added: “We believe that football clubs and their stadiums are of vital importance to their local communities. Liverpool FC and Anfield are no different. It matters to so many people - be it those who attend football matches, those who work there or those who live within close proximity.”

Spirit of Shankly will be told if their application is successful in around eight weeks. No-one from Liverpool FC was available for comment.

A similar bid has been made by Manchester United Supporters’ Trust for their sh*t-hole.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1006: Apr 27, 2013 03:31:32 pm
      ^^^^^^

Excellent move that by SOS,keeps us in the loop so to speak.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1007: Apr 28, 2013 11:44:10 am

LIVERPOOL FC supporters’ union Spirit of Shankly is bidding to be included as a key player in any future moves to sell the club.

They have made an application to Liverpool city council to have Anfield stadium declared an “asset of community value.”

If the application to the council is successful Anfield could not be sold without supporters having an opportunity to purchase it.

This would mean Spirit of Shankly, as a locally-based organisation and interested group, would be automatically notified of any moves to sell the stadium – and, by extension the club itself.

James McKenna, chairman of Spirit of Shankly, said the real value of the designation was that it would act as an “early warning mechanism” of any future sale of the club.

He said: “What’s likely to happen is if Liverpool FC plan to sell Anfield, the likelihood is that it would be sold as part of any sale of LFC. It gives us some protection and means we can’t be ignored. We would have six weeks to indicate whether we were interested in making a bid and six months to prepare the bid.”

The application is being made under the Localism Act, a government initiative to give more power to local communities and to keep land and buildings – including football stadiums – in community use.

If Anfield is accepted as an “asset of community value”, then the council must be notified by Liverpool FC of any intention to sell Anfield.

Spirit of Shankly spokesman Paul Martin said: “Safeguarding the long term future of the club is vitally important to us. This application provides us with an opportunity to influence any future sale of the club by being part of that process.

“Having been witness to a sales process that left us in a precarious financial position and reached the High Court we know all too well the importance of this.”

He added: “We believe that football clubs and their stadiums are of vital importance to their local communities. Liverpool FC and Anfield are no different. It matters to so many people - be it those who attend football matches, those who work there or those who live within close proximity.”

Spirit of Shankly will be told if their application is successful in around eight weeks. No-one from Liverpool FC was available for comment.

A similar bid has been made by Manchester United Supporters’ Trust for their sh*t-hole.

With hindsight an inspired tactic, if the man in the street had the pre-emptive knowledge which this application could well involve, who knows how much sooner the people may have discovered the dubious intentions of the likes of H&G.
      An extreme anology for sure but nevertheless it could provide a means of affecting any intention impacting on LFC.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1008: Apr 28, 2013 05:58:05 pm

:lmao:

Not too sure, but did the Echo really say that?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1009: May 06, 2013 11:26:56 pm
      On the blower so a bit tricky for me to post the article proper but hit the link and have a read.

Mad like:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2013/may/06/anfield-liverpool-david-conn?CMP=twt_gu
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #1010: May 06, 2013 11:53:34 pm

Nothing mad about it, well known the club have been doing this for a while, in fact reading that, if true, it's F***ing disgraceful behaviour by the club.

emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #1011: May 13, 2013 04:05:48 pm
      Anyone seen this? Don't see them having enough room to do it but worth a look. Looks similar to St James Park.

http://youtu.be/Ba12Q_dOMRY

Quick Reply