Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 335266 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #345: Oct 05, 2011 09:55:42 pm
      Doesn't that Definately cause a traffic problem DLS ?

Nah mate just leaves them sat outside the houses. More busses and taxis though which may add to the traffic problem.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #346: Oct 05, 2011 11:18:22 pm
      The traffic isn't a problem mate, all the cars round Anfield don't have any wheels anyway ;)

"A fiver to look after yer car mate"?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #347: Oct 05, 2011 11:23:52 pm
      Which is why I thought they were looking at 60k with the option to expand to 70/75k once they had the traffic problem sorted? (new line opened etc etc )

From what I have read, the solution of the transport problems in the Anfield area would require serious investments, and it is not only about reinstating the passenger traffic on the Bootle Branch ... I am not too familiar with the Marseyside local politics, but do you think that the local and regional authorities would be willing to do what Munich and Bavaria authorities did for Bayern ?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #348: Oct 05, 2011 11:35:02 pm
      "A fiver to look after yer car mate"?

Fiver? F***ing hell mate, more like a ton now. :laugh:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #349: Oct 05, 2011 11:53:35 pm
      From what I have read, the solution of the transport problems in the Anfield area would require serious investments, and it is not only about reinstating the passenger traffic on the Bootle Branch ... I am not too familiar with the Marseyside local politics, but do you think that the local and regional authorities would be willing to do what Munich and Bavaria authorities did for Bayern ?

No idea either mate as I don't live in Liverpool. I can't remember now the figures that were quoted at the time but I THINK it was around ÂŁ75/100million extra in total to upgrade the transport systems in the area (may have included area redevelopement?)

All seems such a long time ago now :(
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #350: Oct 06, 2011 12:05:14 am
      No idea either mate as I don't live in Liverpool. I can't remember now the figures that were quoted at the time but I THINK it was around ÂŁ75/100million extra in total to upgrade the transport systems in the area (may have included area redevelopement?)

All seems such a long time ago now :(

Well, if it is only an extra £75-100 million for area development and infrastructure improvements, it is not so bad ... When the Allianz Arena was built, the cost of the stadium itself was somewhere in the €350 million region, and the local/regional authorities invested additional €200 million in area development and infrastructure improvements ...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #351: Oct 06, 2011 01:29:07 pm

It was supposed to include a possible renovated train station and at the time, the inclusion of a tram service, but since that has been jibbed off by the government and the council are in no way at the moment to be able to invest in any transport infrastructure.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #352: Oct 06, 2011 02:23:33 pm
      It was supposed to include a possible renovated train station and at the time, the inclusion of a tram service, but since that has been jibbed off by the government and the council are in no way at the moment to be able to invest in any transport infrastructure.

Well, in that case, we shouldn't really bother with plans for a stadium bigger than 61,000 ... That is an optimum capacity anyway, and we should be looking for a cheaper and realistic design that can be built in a reasonable time frame ...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #353: Oct 06, 2011 02:32:05 pm
      Get the germans over to build it, pre fabricate the stadium in germany and assemble at shankly park.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #354: Oct 06, 2011 02:33:11 pm
      Get the germans over a build it, pre fabricate the stadium in germany and assemble at shankly park.

Will they do the cheap flowers for the missus just inside the front door too.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #355: Oct 07, 2011 11:56:27 pm
      Get the germans over to build it, pre fabricate the stadium in germany and assemble at shankly park.
      Well, they have built some great stadiums in recent years ... My personal favorite new German stadium:

http://www.espritarena.de/global/panos/football/football.mov

An intimidating f**ker, with a retractable roof ... Imagine the atmosphere created inside by 60,000 LFC supporters ...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #356: Oct 08, 2011 05:21:00 pm
      Well, they have built some great stadiums in recent years ... My personal favorite new German stadium:

http://www.espritarena.de/global/panos/football/football.mov

An intimidating f**ker, with a retractable roof ... Imagine the atmosphere created inside by 60,000 LFC supporters ...

The only German ground worth replicating is the Westfalen, ask any Red there in 2001.

F***ing Boss ground!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #357: Oct 08, 2011 05:43:27 pm
      The only German ground worth replicating is the Westfalen, ask any Red there in 2001.

F***ing Boss ground!
      I've been to the ground, and it is impressive ... However, it is almost 40 years old (renovated for the 2006 World Cup), and we will never get a planning permission to built a stadium like that ... The security standards have been raised drastically over the past couple of decades ... The Esprit Arena I've posted above is basically a modern day version of the Westfalenstadion ...

Create a single tiered Kop at one end, and you get a perfect new LFC stadium ...
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #358: Oct 08, 2011 11:39:26 pm
      Take the seats out youve got 60000 seats not happy do a easy expand to 70 000 problem solved. This would be a dream.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #359: Oct 11, 2011 09:31:49 am
      Can't understand why we have'nt heard nothing yet ,i thought we was gunna find out at the end off september ,it'sreally dragging now
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #360: Oct 11, 2011 10:31:01 pm
      H.K.S.

?

That was such a Rip Off I am certain that Hicks and Gillett took a major  cut of the money the club paid out.
      Had to be.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #361: Oct 12, 2011 08:15:26 am

Liverpool FC: Ian Ayre says LFC are still examining options over Anfield’s future

by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo
      Oct 12 2011

IAN AYRE insists Liverpool FC are progressing towards a stadium solution – but says there is no time frame over reaching a decision.

A year after Fenway Sports Group's ÂŁ300million takeover the future of Anfield is still no clearer.

The club are continuing to examine both options open to them – building a new ground in Stanley Park or redeveloping their current home.

In an interview with the ECHO, the managing director revealed that Liverpool have whittled down a group of potential naming rights partners for a new ground and are busy assessing plans to increase Anfield's current capacity from 45,000 to either 60,000 or 65,000.

Kirkdale-born Ayre has also praised Liverpool City Council for their ongoing support as the club bid to ensure the decision they reach is the right one.

“It is essential for us to do something on the stadium,” Ayre said.

“We are 30,000 seats behind our biggest competitor and that’s worth a lot of money that we would like to have as well.

“If we got back in the Champions League and back being a top four club on a consistent basis we would still have that hole – around £30million to £40million annually – without a bigger stadium.

“What a bigger stadium does is get us back on par. How further on are we? We are going in a parallel course.”

Building a ÂŁ300million new stadium in Stanley Park is only viable if Liverpool can secure a suitable naming rights partner.

Arsenal earned around ÂŁ100million for a 15-year deal with the airline Emirates and that kind of fee would pay a sizeable chunk of the construction costs.

“We have been in discussions here and other parts of the world with a small group of people that we have narrowed down that we are targeting for naming rights,” Ayre said.

“But just like the (shirt sponsorship) deal we have done with Standard Chartered, you don’t go and ask for that size of opportunity overnight.

“We have to weed through the people who realistically could do it and then work through their organisation and present to a few groups there before getting to the guy who hopefully is going to write the cheque.

“That is an absolute catalyst to building a new stadium. The economics just don’t stack up without it.

“We’ve already got 45,000 seats, so it’s only the incremental seating that is driving revenue. If you do that and look at cost of borrowing and how long it would cost to pay it back and see reward from it, it doesn’t work unless you do it with a naming rights partner.

“Other people were looking at it making promises not based on that view. It would be easy for the owners to say ‘let’s get on with it’, but if ultimately it doesn’t generate any revenue then what’s the point?

“It has to be right for the club. Otherwise you’d be investing lots of money in the equity that would otherwise be invested in the team. If you ask fans whether they want 16,000 to 20,000 more seats or five more players, there would be a difference of opinion.”

Redeveloping Anfield has always been owner John Henry's preferred option but it's not straightforward. It would be costly and there are planning issues as well as problems buying up houses nearby.

“The other side is the refurbishment of Anfield and we have got a design and plans that show what we can achieve,” Ayre said.

“We could certainly reach the same sort of capacity with a refurbishment as we would a new-build, the 60,000 to 65,000 level.

“But that comes with its own set of challenges, which are about understanding the acquisition of the properties in and around Anfield, and that’s a process we are on with at the moment.

“We are trying to work through the best way to engage with those house owners and residents.

“When will the decision be made? It’ll only be when we reach an answer with both. It’s hard to put a time on it.

“If you put a deadline on the naming rights, then you start to marginalise the deal.

“We aren’t desperate. We think we have an amazing proposition as one of the biggest clubs in the world. I don’t recall any football club of this size with this international reach that’s ever done a naming rights deal.

“It is quite unique in that sense. Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United haven’t. Nobody else in football has done this at this level. It's new ground and it will take what it takes.”

Earlier this year Liverpool City Council leader Joe Anderson voiced his frustration at the delay in the club's announcement.

But last month the council granted Liverpool FC more time to consider whether they want to take up the lease in Stanley Park which would allow them to build a new ground.

And Ayre insists club officials and the council are now working closely together.

“We kind of crossed swords eight or nine months ago when everyone was thinking 'there are new owners so we should build it now',” Ayre said.

“It's settled down and now we have a great relationship with the city council. What they want, which we understand, is an outcome for the residents and for the area - so do we.

“I see (council chief executive) Ged (Fitzgerald) every couple of weeks and we update each other. I see Joe once every four to six weeks.

“The difference before was we were ploughing our course and they were ploughing theirs. Now we're very much working together and that's helped everybody.

“We put together a working group with them and we have been very open with them – because of that they have a better understanding of exactly where we are, who we're talking to and what that means.

“They know we have three choices, refurbish Anfield, build a new stadium or do nothing. If we do nothing then it doesn't benefit anyone. We have to make it happen. We can't do that without the council's support.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/10/12/liverpool-fc-ian-ayre-says-lfc-are-still-examining-options-over-anfield-s-future-100252-29580497/
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #362: Oct 12, 2011 05:42:59 pm
      Liverpool FC: Ian Ayre says LFC are still examining options over Anfield’s future

by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo
      Oct 12 2011

If we do nothing then it doesn't benefit anyone. We have to make it happen. We can't do that without the council's support.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/10/12/liverpool-fc-ian-ayre-says-lfc-are-still-examining-options-over-anfield-s-future-100252-29580497/

Do you think he means compulsory purchase orders?

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #363: Oct 12, 2011 06:17:24 pm
      Do you think he means compulsory purchase orders?

I am not 100% familiar with the British law, but that is probably one of the options ...
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #364: Oct 12, 2011 08:40:04 pm
      Liverpool FC Latest / Transfer News / Rumours / Scores
      So lfc have plans drawn up that would see them stay at anfield with the new capacity being 65,000..is it enough and a good idea? whats your thoughts fellow reds?

suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #365: Oct 12, 2011 09:17:32 pm
      So lfc have plans drawn up that would see them stay at anfield with the new capacity being 65,000..is it enough and a good idea? whats your thoughts fellow reds?

i think 65,000 is enough for us at the moment but i do like the option of having the option of extend to 70 maybe 75,000 seater 
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #366: Oct 12, 2011 09:20:07 pm
      I think it's enough and also a good idea, I also think they should get it done sooner rather than later, Not wanting a rush job BUT the more they linger the more revenue we're losing out on !
      If they'd had it sorted out now and the building was underway we'd be closer to getting MORE champions league revenue once we're back in it !
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #367: Oct 12, 2011 09:33:31 pm

Upgrading Anfield to 65,000 ?

Technically, it is possible ... From a legal and financial point of view, nearly impossible ...

Quick Reply