Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 333475 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #943: Jan 17, 2013 02:09:21 pm
      Good to see its still moving along behind the scenes.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #944: Jan 18, 2013 01:09:42 pm
      there are still some very unhappy people living around Anfield who feel they are getting shafted on the house valuations.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #945: Jan 18, 2013 01:14:17 pm
      there are still some very unhappy people living around Anfield who feel they are getting shafted on the house valuations.

All comes down to worth.
      It's one thing saying the residents' houses are only worth X amount,
      but what good is that to them if they can't find new housing for that amount.

Saw a resident tweeting about it awhile back, but they have since removed the account.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #946: Jan 18, 2013 04:46:20 pm
      All comes down to worth.
      It's one thing saying the residents' houses are only worth X amount,
      but what good is that to them if they can't find new housing for that amount.

Saw a resident tweeting about it awhile back, but they have since removed the account.

were not talking about houses woth ÂŁ100k plus and the debate is the value of them in an area which had not deliberately been run down.
      If you have had a home for decades its not very nice to have it taken from you.The problem is the length of time the regeneration has taken its gone on far too long.The Council are every bit to blame as LFC for this.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #947: Jan 18, 2013 04:52:21 pm
      were not talking about houses woth ÂŁ100k plus and the debate is the value of them in an area which had not deliberately been run down.
      If you have had a home for decades its not very nice to have it taken from you.The problem is the length of time the regeneration has taken its gone on far too long.The Council are every bit to blame as LFC for this.

I agree.
      Biggest problems for the home owners is that the area is now at a much lower "value" compared to those around it.
      Extremely harsh to only look at it in that context.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #948: Jan 18, 2013 06:06:30 pm
      I agree.
      Biggest problems for the home owners is that the area is now at a much lower "value" compared to those around it.
      Extremely harsh to only look at it in that context.
      the houses are worthless and have been for many years because of the impending regenaration and Anfield redevelopment.
      Hope they all get a decent deal out of it. We have wasted Millions paying of managers a few million quid wouldn't kill the club and i doubt if its even that much.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #949: Jan 18, 2013 06:07:45 pm
      I know that, but this f**king fiasco has been going on for over 10 f**king years now.

The whole of the upper tier of management in that time has just a few nice pictures to show for their efforts. And a massive bill for them.

What gets me is the plans were already drawn up for a great stadium. The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, roof and all. Capacity: 72,500.

Should have copied this back in 2000.
      what was the bill for the Milenium stadium less than ÂŁ100mil I believe.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #950: Jan 18, 2013 06:52:58 pm
      what was the bill for the Milenium stadium less than ÂŁ100mil I believe.

ÂŁ121 million,  Not that much when you consider H&G "paid" ÂŁ50 for some nice pictures of a stadium.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #951: Jan 28, 2013 08:26:47 am
      booing the opposition players when they came out onto the field was a ritual I expect they do it in an empty stadium these days.
      Maybe we should have some pre match entertainment to get the punters warmed up.......no I am only joking.

Can you even get in the ground early these days..?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #952: Feb 06, 2013 03:59:15 pm
      Sigh - just done the weekly trawl for anything on this and still no news... Starting to get on my spuds this, I cant see why they wont just give us a start date! Grrrr
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #953: Feb 06, 2013 06:44:22 pm
      Sigh - just done the weekly trawl for anything on this and still no news... Starting to get on my spuds this, I cant see why they wont just give us a start date! Grrrr
      We are probably waiting for instructions from Hicks and Gillette and for them  to return the spade they stole :f_tongueincheek:.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #954: Feb 07, 2013 11:06:33 am
      We are probably waiting for instructions from Hicks and Gillette and for them  to return the spade they stole :f_tongueincheek:.

I'm thinking the mythical ''spade in the ground'' is of the Excalibur variety, only an individual of honour and integrity can free it and put it to the use designated -
      ....there it remains defying all attempts by apparent imposters.
      Speke Up Redmen
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 68 posts |
      • I wear a jesters hat in the Kop like a whopper!!
      Reply #955: Feb 11, 2013 07:10:14 am
      What worries me more than anything though is the amount of money a match ticket will go up by once this 'redevelopment' actually happens because I can't honestly see FSG/NESV paying for this out of there own pocket.

The only people this will help at the end of it all won't be more fans coming through the gate but the bank balance of the owners because they know fans will pay whatever it costs to watch a game!  :f_steam:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8430 
      Reply #956: Feb 11, 2013 03:03:17 pm
      What worries me more than anything though is the amount of money a match ticket will go up by once this 'redevelopment' actually happens because I can't honestly see FSG/NESV paying for this out of there own pocket.

The only people this will help at the end of it all won't be more fans coming through the gate but the bank balance of the owners because they know fans will pay whatever it costs to watch a game!  :f_steam:

Some of the seating will end up being executive seating, especially if the main stand ends up getting redone, we've already brought in tiered pricing, so I imagine it will run along those lines.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #957: Feb 19, 2013 01:04:39 pm
      I can't believe we're only going for a 60,000 capacity redevelopment.

If NESV are serious about us becoming great again then they have to show this by increasing the capacity to at least 70,000.

Those extra 10,000 seats, even at an average of ÂŁ30 a ticket would generate an extra ÂŁ300,000 per game. That's over ÂŁ6 million a Season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8430 
      Reply #958: Feb 21, 2013 01:57:06 pm
      I can't believe we're only going for a 60,000 capacity redevelopment.

If NESV are serious about us becoming great again then they have to show this by increasing the capacity to at least 70,000.

Those extra 10,000 seats, even at an average of ÂŁ30 a ticket would generate an extra ÂŁ300,000 per game. That's over ÂŁ6 million a Season.

With the current plans they can only build up to 60,000. To renovate towards 70,000 would require at least a new rail-link and plenty of road changes to allow the flow of transport around the area.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #959: Feb 21, 2013 02:03:39 pm
      To be honest 70,000 is just a bigger maybe or different dream than 60,000, whatever hypothetical is selected exactly F**k all is happening.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #960: Feb 25, 2013 09:59:13 pm
      Plans are flying along on the stadium arent they  :f_tongueincheek:
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #961: Feb 25, 2013 10:48:33 pm
      Planning application is supposedly to be submitted in Spring. Still a month left ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #962: Feb 26, 2013 10:51:17 am
      Planning application is supposedly to be submitted in Spring. Still a month left ;)

My fingernails are down to the bone - not.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8430 
      Reply #963: Feb 26, 2013 08:47:29 pm
      SUPPORTERS’ COMMITTEE MEETING

Liverpool Football Club Supporters' Committee
      Second Meeting season 2012/13
      10th February 2013
      13:00 – 15:00

Update from the Committee

Karen Gill (KG) confirmed that the Committee held its elections earlier in the day and
      that her turn as chair had come to an end and that Bob Humphries (BH) would serve
      as the new Chair and that Jeanette Dodd(JD) would serve as the vice-chair. She wished
      them luck in their term of office and confirmed that she would remain involved, having
      been elected as the Honorary President of the LFC Supporters’ Committee.

Abu Nasir (AN) confirmed that the first year of existence for the Committee was a
      learning process. Accordingly, the Committee had agreed to update the constitution
      to better reflect the role and purpose of the committee. The Committee has produced
      documents highlighting the changes they are proposing to make to the set up of the
      committee and have provided the club with a copy for their approval. It is hoped
      that the club will read the document and agree to its contents in advance of the next
      meeting. Ian Ayre (IA) stated that providing the contents of the new document and
      its supporting policies did not adversely affect the club, and then the club would not
      object to its adoption or implementation. He confirmed that such decisions on rotation of
      members, frequency of meetings etc. were matters for the Committee itself and the fans
      they represent.

Update on the actions from previous meetings

The first five meetings between the club and Committee had resulted in many changes
      and improvements being implemented to enhance the service delivered to the fans. The
      following lists highlight some of the changes that have taken place in five key areas.

Membership and the Official LFC Supporters' Club: led by Scott Richardson (SC),
      head of customer relationship management (CRM).

The official website has been updated with clearer FAQs on membership and the
      process has been clarified.
      An annual survey has also been introduced to help determine the overall satisfaction
      with the current process and identify other opportunities. Results so far have led
      to the introduction of a “light” membership package in season 2011-12. Further
      research was carried out assessing the option of a membership product for under-
      16s and this is now also available.
      Resource has been recruited to support the supporters’ club activities. A supporters’
      club survey was developed to allow for further feedback on the supporters’ club
      process. The supporters’ club waiting lists were contacted with the aim of expanding
      the network in a controlled manner.
      The club will continue to consult with the Committee on branch matters and publish a
      process map explaining different stages of the application process.

Ticketing and Travelling Supporters: led by Phil Dutton (PD), head of ticketing and
      hospitality.

The club will continue to raise the pricing structure for away fans at the Premier
      League meetings and will keep the Committee updated.
      In season 2012-13 both season ticket holders and members had the opportunity to

On behalf of the fans, the Committee also asked for the possibility of separate ticket
      pricing for supporters aged 16-21. The club investigated the matter and advised
      that this has not proved viable; however the club will reconsider in light of any redevelopment of Anfield.

• Ticketing price freeze was agreed for season 2012-13.
      • A 'how to purchase ticket guide' has been made available online to clearly define the
      process of ticket purchasing. The club will also consider the other methods i.e. online
      etc.
      • We will continue to provide feedback on the implementation of an easier system for
      international fans during bulk sale.
      • Thomas Cook is keen to meet with Les Wright (LW) and the club to listen to the
      supporters’ concerns. A date will be finalised shortly.
      • Ticketing Strategy are continuing to look at extending loan facilities and buy backs as
      well as reviewing pricing models. They will also continue discussions with the Premier
      League regarding increasing pricing to Cat A games and tiered pricing for league
      games. PD will continue to liaise with BH on regular basis.
      • With regard to communication for travelling supporters, improvements have been
      made to the information sheet given to travelling fans giving clarity of dos and don'ts
      whilst away. A Merseyside police / travel Twitter account has been created and
      updates will be made on regular basis to keep fans informed.
      • IA added that during his most recent attendance at the Premier League
      Shareholders’ Meeting, the issue of away tickets was raised. The PL has conducted a
      survey, which will be shared with clubs and actions will be identified to address the
      matter of pricing. The meeting confirmed that LFC has the highest number of away
      supporters of any other team in PL. IA has spoken with the other clubs who are well-
      represented at away fixtures to determine if, together, any additional pressure can
      applied to reduce the prices of away tickets.
      • We are organising several hospitality focus group with the help of Laurence
      Whitehead towards the end of the season.

Families: led by Andrew Parkinson (AP), operations director

In line with the club’s commitment to enhance its offerings for families, a dedicated
      sale day has now been introduced for adult and child tickets to be purchased. The
      club will continue to look at new initiatives to put in place for families to enhance
      their match day experience.
      Mighty Red became the first official LFC Mascot with the aim of enhancing the junior
      fan engagement and enhancing the overall experience.
      LFC opened a Family Park in Anfield Road, which invites home and away families to
      enjoy fun filled activities pre-match.
      An allocation of 600 seats has been provided in the Family Zone, which is in the
      adult/child section. Welcoming and inviting visuals have been created for on the
      concourse and interactive activities are organised for the area on a match-by-match
      basis.
      IA suggested that if time permits in advance of the next meeting, the club should
      introduce the committee to the Family Zone so they can witness first hand the
      improvements that have been introduced.

Disability, access, parking and the over 65s: led by Rishi Jain (RJ), social inclusion
      officer and Andrew Parkinson (AP), operations director

The Club has now allocated a limited amount of spaces in the Anfield Road car park
      for season ticket holders and members who are over 65.
      A drop off zone for blue badge holders is now available in Tinsley Street.
      A further disability/access audit was completed in 2012. This has now been fed back
      to JD, BH and LW representing the Committee. The club has also met with the LDSA
      to run through the audit.

Further staff members have been trained to handle disability queries. FAQs have
      been updated and this would allow for a satisfactory service to our disabled fans
      particularly on a dedicated sales day.
      • Gilmoss Park & Ride service is now in place in addition to the Soccer Bus.
      • The club has reviewed the role and profile of the DLO in LFC and is confident that it
      meets the necessary requirements.
      • Changing Places facilities were considered for the Paddock, however further
      assessment has revealed access issues and this will no longer be possible. The club
      will look at the possibilities of incorporate this as part of the proposed redevelopment
      of Anfield.
      • The club has put provisions in place to make bicycle racks available to those fans
      who wish to cycle to the stadium. On non-match days, bicycle racks have been
      placed in the Centenary Stand car park and on match days the location is in the Food
      Village in Anfield Road.

Communication, LFC Foundation and LGBT: led by Susan Black (SB), head of
      internal communications

A document has been produced for the Committee showing the good work the club is
      doing around inequality on a match day as well as the work done by the Foundation.
      The Foundation has been working hard to streamline its offering to the community
      with a new focus on Men’s Health, Football 4 All, Youth Skills and On The Ball.
      A celebration event is planned for the spring of summer of 2013 to coincide with the
      launch of a dedicated website. Fundraising events are also planned for 2013.
      The club hosted a gay football supporters' network league match between Mersey
      Marauders and Wolvs Harts on the 9th February 2013 at the LFC Academy. This was
      set up through conversations with Paul Amann and members of Mersey Marauders
      and was part of the club’s activities for the Football v Homophobia campaign. This
      has been the second year that the club supported such initiatives.
      All Premier League clubs signed up for the Charter for Action on 2 February 2012.
      The club met with PA regarding the review of documents for signing up to the city's
      Anti-Homophobic bullying strategy. The club will continue to look at the strategy and
      see if it applies to the areas which engage with young people. The club will continue
      to liaise with PA.
      The club has been in contact with both members of the Committee regarding the SLO
      role and the PL and AP will deliver the club response back to JD, BH and LW and later
      this month.
      The club has raised the matter of protective characteristic with the FA. RJ has met
      with PA and whilst PA is disappointed with the FA, he is satisfied with the club’s
      handle on matters.
      The club is still in the process of formulating an internal plan for Reds Going Green
      and will ensure progress is communicated. Recycling bins have been ordered and are
      present at the moment in certain areas of the ground including the Family Zone.

The Committee made changes to the format of their meetings with the club and deviated
      from questions and answers session, to focusing on the common themes which their
      constituency raises with them. One of which was the redevelopment of Anfield and the
      other was ticketing. To ensure better communication between the club, the SC and the
      fan was enhanced, the club committed to the following:

To ‘lock down’ the dates at the beginning of the season and only change a
      scheduled meeting with agreement of the Committee.
      The right points of contact within the club will be identified for members of the
      Committee to liaise with directly.
      Club and Committee to work together and establish a programme to raise the
      visibility of the Committee, both its members and its work.
      Minutes from the official meeting with the club will be available online within
      seven days.

1st Topic Raised:
      Redevelopment of Anfield

JD explained that it was the Committee’s desire to ensure that the best facilities and
      amenities are incorporated into a redeveloped Anfield for the benefit of all supporters
      of Liverpool Football Club and visiting teams. The Committee would like to see evidence
      of where input from supporters will take place as supporters, through suggestions
      submitted through the Committee, are already engaging in the process. The Committee
      would like to be familiar with the process of how good ideas are to be submitted to the
      club for consideration.

IA, stated that the proposed redevelopment of Anfield involved extending two of the
      existing stands in order in increase capacity to 60,000. Without certainty, from the
      acquisition of properties and the granting of planning permission, the club would not be
      in a position to proceed. The acquisition process affects approximately 100 properties;
      all owned the club, the City Council, housing associations or private individuals. This
      first-stage process is going well, with good on-going dialogue taking place with all key
      stakeholders.

Notwithstanding the lack of certainty, the club has already commissioned a design study
      to determine such things as the market appetite for pricing and hospitality, etc. and a
      report is expected by the end of April. The next stage will be design and consultation
      and it is at this point that the club will engage with representatives of interest groups,
      including those representing fans. The following stages will be planning, application,
      tender and construction.

Questions identified during the meeting:

1. How do we ensure that we build a fully accessible stadium?
      2. How do we ensure the most efficient dissemination of information to stakeholders,
      including fans and the Committee, is achieved as the club progresses through each
      phase of the redevelopment?
      3. How do we incorporate the best experience for fans, irrespective of whether they are
      seated in the Family Zone or enjoying corporate hospitality?
      4. Will the Club commit to a dedicated meeting with the Committee, at the appropriate
      time, to discuss the redevelopment of Anfield?
      5. Will the club determine the capacity of the stadium, irrespective of what comes
      out from the feasibility study, and will the design be flexible enough so it can be
      expanded as needed?
      6. Can we have an international section for visiting fans from overseas, similar to the
      family section?

Ideas identified during the meeting:

1. Provide regular updates to the fans, perhaps via the Committee, irrespective of
      whether there is any real news or change to communicate.
      2. We should double/treble adult/child tickets.
      3. Share outline design of the floor plans for the new stands when known so input can
      be invited as to what facilities and amenities should be included.
      4. Ensure that the new stands are expandable as demand increases in the future years.
      5. Instead of the traditional approach of having blank walls around the stadium, let’s
      have some glazing so fans can see in and out.
      6. Hospitality and meeting rooms within the new stands should be more dynamic in
      their design so it doesn’t feel like you’re sitting in a basement.
      7. Have a clear mechanism in place from the outset to channel supporters’ input before
      major decisions are made - such as an open day to view the new designs.
      8. Flexible or amenity seating should be included in the new stands to facilitate other
      uses of the stadium and accommodate an aging fan base.

Additional ideas submitted after the meeting:

1. Provide a choice of elevated disabled fans seating positions – both Derby County and
      Everton have added these to existing stadia.
      2. Provide flexible disabled seating - MK Dons has installed removable/adaptable
      seating throughout its stadium.
      3. Drop-off zones for older and disabled people, ideally not more than 30m from an
      accessible stadium entrance. Signs should be installed to identify the drop-off zone
      and it should be monitored to prevent its misuse as a parking space.
      4. Level, well-lit accessible parking areas designated for older and disabled people.
      5. Providing several protected shelters with seating facilities for respite on main access
      routes to the stadium, e.g. between the parking area and the accessible entrance.

The above questions and ideas raised will be taken away by the club and as IA stated,
      once the club is in the position to engage further it will do so with representatives of
      interest groups, including those representing fans.

2nd Topic raised:
      Ticket Pricing

Samantha Armstrong (SA) reminded those present that subject of ticket pricing hit the
      headlines recently on account of the Arsenal v Manchester City game when travelling
      fans refused to pay £62 for an away ticket. The Football Supporters’ Federation have
      launched a campaign to address ticket pricing, which continues to be an emotive subject
      for all serious football fans, whether they are travelling away fans, senior citizens or
      family groups.

IA said the topic of ticket pricing is worthy of an entire meeting. There are many
      different facets to the subject, some the club are involved in and some not necessarily
      in control of. At the moment, clubs can only charge away fans the equivalent of the
      highest ticket price as paid by home fans in the same section. There is a suggestion that
      away fans should be charged the cheapest price enjoyed by home fans. LFC continues to
      improve its ticketing policy and the club will keep the Committee informed as and when
      new changes are announced.

With less than 10 minutes remaining of the allotted two hours, it was agreed to make
      this the topic of ticket pricing the primary topic for discussion at the next meeting.

The following actions were agreed:

1. The Committee will detail specific areas of concern or ideas in advance of the
      meeting so the club prepare accordingly.
      2. The club will consider inviting a representative of the Premier League to attend the
      next meeting to provide an update on the governing body’s view on the matter.

Next steps

In advance of the next meeting, the club agreed to

1. Read and comment upon the revised ‘policy document’ as amended by the
      Committee;
      2. Answer the questions raised and consider the ideas suggested during discussion
      point #1 on the redevelopment of Anfield;
      3. Implement the actions agreed on the area of communication between the club and
      Committee; and
      4. Upon receipt of some specific areas of concern about ticket pricing being received
      from the Committee, invite a representative from the Premier League to attend the
      next meeting.

Next meeting

It is likely that the next meeting will take place in April, on a date yet to be agreed.
      It was agreed that three discussion points at each meeting is too optimistic, so it is
      proposed that the Committee identify one primary topic and one secondary topic for
      each meeting going forward, with ticket pricing the likely primary topic for the next
      meeting. If the discussion on the primary topic can be concluded within the time frame,
      the secondary topic can be addressed during the same meeting.

Meeting concluded 15:00
      LFCexiled
      Reply #964: Feb 27, 2013 10:36:55 am
      Notwithstanding the lack of certainty, the club The Clubhas already commissioned a design study
      to determine such things as the market appetite for pricing and hospitality, etc. and a
      report is expected by the end of April. The next stage will be design and consultation
      and it is at this point that the club will engage with representatives of interest groups,
      including those representing fans. The following stages will be planning, application,
      tender and construction.

Blah, blah, long, blah, winded, blah 2016 blah de blah.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #965: Feb 27, 2013 11:03:10 am
      SUPPORTERS’ COMMITTEE MEETING

It is likely that the next meeting will take place in April, on a date yet to be agreed.
      It was agreed that three discussion points at each meeting is too optimistic, so it is
      proposed that the Committee identify one primary topic and one secondary topic for
      each meeting going forward, with ticket pricing the likely primary topic for the next
      meeting. If the discussion on the primary topic can be concluded within the time frame,
      the secondary topic can be addressed during the same meeting.
      [/size]   

Meeting concluded 15:00
      F***ing waffle as is confirmed in the closing paragraph.
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2013 11:14:23 am by stuey »

Quick Reply