Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 333455 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #966: Mar 02, 2013 02:50:23 pm
      With the current plans they can only build up to 60,000. To renovate towards 70,000 would require at least a new rail-link and plenty of road changes to allow the flow of transport around the area.

Thanks for letting me know that. Was totally unaware of these implications.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #967: Mar 02, 2013 04:27:16 pm
      Thanks for letting me know that. Was totally unaware of these implications.

Yeah remember hearing it a while back, when the other yanks were talking about new super shiny stadiums, came out about the changes that would be needed if we wanted anything over 60,000.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #968: Mar 04, 2013 12:35:30 am
      Has there been anymore update on this?

Seems to be moving along very very slowly, I know there's been a lot said but is there any action happening as of yet?

I was the fans would be a lot more in the loop, hopefully there is some substantial progress made in the summer.
      Speke Up Redmen
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 68 posts |
      • I wear a jesters hat in the Kop like a whopper!!
      Reply #969: Mar 04, 2013 02:21:56 pm
      Well judging by today's financial report we'll be lucky if anything happens within the next 6-12 months on this. Dread to think how much debt the club is likely to face if we don't reach 4th this season and getting certain players off the wage bill.

It shows that we cannot improve the squad let alone the stadium redevelopment come the summer unless we are able to sell players otherwise FSG would be putting more available money into the transfer kitty which it seems they haven't got!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #970: Mar 04, 2013 04:03:16 pm
      Well judging by today's financial report we'll be lucky if anything happens within the next 6-12 months on this. Dread to think how much debt the club is likely to face if we don't reach 4th this season and getting certain players off the wage bill.

It shows that we cannot improve the squad let alone the stadium redevelopment come the summer unless we are able to sell players otherwise FSG would be putting more available money into the transfer kitty which it seems they haven't got!

You do realize the numbers released don't include any of the sponsorship deals signed by FSG (Garuda, Warrior, Chevrolet)?
      Also don't include wage trimming done this year if I am correct.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #971: Mar 04, 2013 04:12:52 pm
      You do realize the numbers released don't include any of the sponsorship deals signed by FSG (Garuda, Warrior, Chevrolet)?

I hope you are right and I think you are. Surely the wage bill trimming alone accounts for a substantial annual saving?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #972: Mar 04, 2013 04:19:45 pm

It does seem that these figures have been released to the media for a specific reason by a particular party.......
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Re: Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #973: Mar 08, 2013 12:54:35 pm
      Heard this morning that they are going to curve the Main Stand/Anny Road end.  Best solution for building would be to do them both stands at the same time, as it would involve removing all the dug out/areas under the Main Stand where the board members and players etc are.  That was suggestion from architects.

Can't see LFC entertaining that idea - I'm not sure on ST numbers but I'm sure it is bigger than can fit in the Kop and Centenary.

The phrase 'logistical nightmare' sprang to my mind!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #974: Mar 08, 2013 01:47:48 pm
      Heard this morning that they are going to curve the Main Stand/Anny Road end.  Best solution for building would be to do them both stands at the same time, as it would involve removing all the dug out/areas under the Main Stand where the board members and players etc are.  That was suggestion from architects.

Can't see LFC entertaining that idea - I'm not sure on ST numbers but I'm sure it is bigger than can fit in the Kop and Centenary.

The phrase 'logistical nightmare' sprang to my mind!

......as do the words 'yet more delay'.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #975: Mar 08, 2013 08:54:52 pm

and the word "convenience."
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #976: Mar 11, 2013 10:04:24 pm
      Did any of ye get an email from the club asking to fill in a survey on how to improve the anfield experience?It looks like they're pushing for more hospitality packages and banging up the prices for them .
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #977: Mar 12, 2013 07:01:23 pm
      Did any of ye get an email from the club asking to fill in a survey on how to improve the anfield experience?It looks like they're pushing for more hospitality packages and banging up the prices for them .

Yes. Ignored it completely.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #978: Mar 20, 2013 07:55:37 pm

Just popped in to ask ..

" Are we there yet ? "

I'll get my coat.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #979: Mar 20, 2013 08:04:35 pm
      I hear harleys aren't that fast but they sure do look good.

The perfect metaphor for this situation?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #980: Apr 12, 2013 05:06:59 pm
      Spent the afternoon trawling the web for any information - and alas, nothing... I know this is the Lazarus of boards, but there has to become a point where NESV actually do something or issue a statement confirming they wont.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #981: Apr 17, 2013 05:08:31 am
      Spent the afternoon trawling the web for any information - and alas, nothing... I know this is the Lazarus of boards, but there has to become a point where NESV actually do something or issue a statement confirming they wont.

SI.com: One thing they did with Fenway Park, instead of building a new stadium, they did a lot of smart things around the stadium while refurbishing the stadium itself to increase revenue streams. That seems to be the approach Liverpool decided to take with Anfield. Where are you right now with that plan?

Ayre: We've always said the preference was to stay at Anfield. It's the heart of the football club. I remember the first time John and Tom came to look at Liverpool before they bought it. I was the person showing them around. When we went into Anfield, John said to me, "This is like Fenway. It's the same feeling. Why would we want to build a new stadium?"

In order to extend Anfield, we need to acquire a bunch of privately owned property around the stadium. We're making really good progress with that. We have a meeting coming up in the next few weeks with the city council and ourselves and stakeholders. We said some months back it would take several months to improve that property acquisition situation. We're definitely on target so far. The No. 1 priority is to stay at Anfield, but there are two or three hoops to go through. The first is property acquisition. The second will be planning. And the third will be to build the thing. I would guess our next announcement on it will come sometime in May or June.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130416/liverpool-ian-ayre/?mobile=no#all
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #982: Apr 17, 2013 09:51:44 am
      SI.com: One thing they did with Fenway Park, instead of building a new stadium, they did a lot of smart things around the stadium while refurbishing the stadium itself to increase revenue streams. That seems to be the approach Liverpool decided to take with Anfield. Where are you right now with that plan?

Ayre: We've always said the preference was to stay at Anfield. It's the heart of the football club. I remember the first time John and Tom came to look at Liverpool before they bought it. I was the person showing them around. When we went into Anfield, John said to me, "This is like Fenway. It's the same feeling. Why would we want to build a new stadium?"

In order to extend Anfield, we need to acquire a bunch of privately owned property around the stadium. We're making really good progress with that. We have a meeting coming up in the next few weeks with the city council and ourselves and stakeholders. We said some months back it would take several months to improve that property acquisition situation. We're definitely on target so far. The No. 1 priority is to stay at Anfield, but there are two or three hoops to go through. The first is property acquisition. The second will be planning. And the third will be to build the thing. I would guess our next announcement on it will come sometime in May or June.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130416/liverpool-ian-ayre/?mobile=no#all
      Ayre has said he would guess the next announcement will come in May or June. Can he have another guess and tell us what year. Thanks for posting that AZ,cheers.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #983: Apr 18, 2013 10:44:19 pm
      May 2013

Liverpool FC would like to announce that the next announcement about the announcement of the Anfield refurbishment process announcement will be announced as early as September.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #984: Apr 19, 2013 08:59:03 pm
      Getting sick and tired of this. 

Said it before, over 10 years, and obscene amount of money spent, and what is there to show for it?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #985: Apr 24, 2013 09:53:09 am
      May 2013

Liverpool FC would like to announce that the next announcement about the announcement of the Anfield refurbishment process announcement will be announced as early as September.

Un-F***ing-believable!.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #986: Apr 24, 2013 10:09:29 am

What? HRs play on words or his psychic qualities? ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #987: Apr 24, 2013 08:20:39 pm
      May 2013

''Early as September,'' if that isn't taking the F***ing piss what is?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #988: Apr 24, 2013 09:43:21 pm
      ''Early as September,'' if that isn't taking the f**king piss what is?
      You do realize HR is kidding right?

Quick Reply