Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Are We Right to Trust Broughton & Purslow or are They Taking us All for Fools?

Read 5136 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Are We Right to Trust Broughton & Purslow or are They Taking us All for Fools?
      Reply #23: Oct 07, 2010 05:30:47 pm
      Some people just have to find a cloud in every silver-lining...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Re: Are We Right to Trust Broughton & Purslow or are They Taking us All for Fools?
      Reply #24: Oct 07, 2010 05:34:31 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25: Oct 07, 2010 05:37:02 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #26: Oct 07, 2010 05:37:39 pm
      Then let me spell it out for you since you clearly didn't understand what was said.

Broughton is trying to force a sale to save his own skin from the legal consequences of not doing so.

He has previously rejected what appear to be better offers in order to appease the cancer.

Broughton is only selling now because he has been bounced into it by RBS.

But then again thats all supposition on your part as your not privvy to the internal wranglings on deals and how them deals are constructed.

Lets presume for a moment that Huang and Kirdy and Rhone and Sahara and the mystery bidder and NESV were all at the table at the same time, Broughton sorted the wheat from the chaf getting rid of Huang Kirdi etc and the mystery bidder and our potential owners have been doing due dilligence on each other since as allegedlly this deal had been ongoing for some time.

Then where would that leave us ?

I uderstand peoples concerns, the thing is at this late stage in the game there is very little we can do about it, no owners are going to come in and sign legal binding contracts on their intentions just to appease to fans.

I suggest the people who are making a big song and dance about this actually look into the potential owners and see how much they invest into their companies and see how much they invest in the communities surrounding them and see how much they are willing to listen fans and take on board what they say, they are the polar opposite of Tom & George in that sense.

People are saying they are not football men and thats true, the same as they are not baseball men, the same as they are not nascar men, what they do is seek to employ the best managers, best coaches and the best players, best drivers, best pit crew etc and pretty much take a back seat and allow them to get on with it.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Oct 07, 2010 05:40:22 pm
      Martin Broughton job was to find the best owners for the club, we will have to wait and see is that is the case.

I would like to know who the Asian bid was as well I think it is strange we have not been told who they were.

In 2007 we knew who both bids were, the Yanks and DIC. Since then it has been used as something to hammer the board with, have our board learned something from our previous board and are keeping the other bid quiet in case in a years time we are blaming Broughton for not accepting the Asian bid.

Also if it was so easy to re develop Anfield in the past why hasn't it being done, I thought the Liverpool council were blocking it and pushing Liverpool to build at Stanley Park. Maybe I'm wrong though

Rumour has it as well Broughton was on a  Â£1 million bonus to sell before the 15th of October

I'm sorry as well John Henry is obviously a major baseball fan will he have the same passion for "soccer" we will have to wait and see. Henry Winter seemed to think he hasn't last night and was raving about how Ambravoich genuinely loved football and this is what drove him.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #28: Oct 07, 2010 05:41:35 pm
      Ah, Im so glad I view my glass as half full rather than half empty.
      Optimism is such a nice word.

I honestly couldn't give a sh*t about Broughton, he doesn't care about our club, and why should he? He is a business man on top of being a Chelsea fan. Sure, hes probably a lying devious b***ard but at the end of the day he was brought in to get our club new owners, whether hes picked the best deal or not we will probably never know, but at the end of the day them two Yank tw*ts are on their way out and new owners are on their way in. Something we all wanted.

It may not of been in the way we all wanted, but we're looking in a better position now than we were last week.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #29: Oct 07, 2010 05:42:55 pm
      People are saying they are not football men and thats true, the same as they are not baseball men, the same as they are not nascar men, what they do is seek to employ the best managers, best coaches and the best players, best drivers, best pit crew etc and pretty much take a back seat and allow them to get on with it.

Give me that over Sheikh Mansoor and Abramovich any day.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Oct 07, 2010 05:47:02 pm
      Henry Winter said last night Abramovich genuinely loves his football and has a passion for the game unlike his American counterparts who see is solely as a business opportunity. Give me an owner that loves the sport anyday because they can understand it more.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #31: Oct 07, 2010 05:48:57 pm
      Henry Winter said last night Abramovich genuinely loves his football and has a passion for the game unlike his American counterparts who see is solely as a business opportunity. Give me an owner that loves the sport anyday because they can understand it more.

Henry Winter is another two-faced lying, hypocritical c**t who has let himself down over the last couple of months, so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #32: Oct 07, 2010 05:52:59 pm
      Abramovich does seem to enjoy the sport, then again I am sure kerb-crawlers enjoy a shag, but that doesn't mean I want to whore myself out to either of them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #33: Oct 07, 2010 06:00:10 pm
      Surely everyone would agree they would like owners with a passion for the sport, don't think Henry Winter said much wrong there and he was extremely complimentary all through the interview about Liverpool.

What the F**k are you about TDI so would you prefer someone that hasn't a F***ing clue of the sport and wouldn't know a football ball from a rugby ball
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #34: Oct 07, 2010 08:16:07 pm
      OP great thread v.interesting read some proper perspective. These guys are not our mates they are well paid business men.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #35: Oct 07, 2010 08:31:04 pm
      Broughton has actually conducted this sale in the traditional Liverpool way behind closed doors. Time and only time will tell if this is the right owner for our club. I love the way people who clearly are basing all their emotive postings on hearsay and specualtion still feel the need to be negative.
      I've looked through the internet for info about the Redsox and the new owners and they seem decent enough people and time will tell.
      I also think a new board will be their first priority as is always the case after a takeover wether hostile or otherwise.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #36: Oct 07, 2010 08:35:39 pm

Don't give a toss about passion from the owners, I just want them to run the club well as a a business, because as much as a many find that distasteful, it's what we are nowadays.  I want to be able to spend what revenue the club generates and live within our means.  If the owners have passion as well, great, but it is in no way a priority.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #37: Oct 07, 2010 08:39:02 pm
      Why is Broughton taking us for fools?

He was employed to sell the club, and that is what he has done!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #38: Oct 07, 2010 08:40:44 pm
      How many people with the money needed out there have a passion for the sport though? I mean really?! You can't always have your cake and eat it. Personally i would love it, but at the same time i'll take an owner who knows nothing but at least wants to give the team success.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #39: Oct 07, 2010 08:44:55 pm
      What do you mean really a lot of football owners have a passion for the game, what is wrong with wanting that. I want it to be run as a football club.

He hasn't given the team success yet, there is a lot of money that has to be ploughed in before that happens.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #40: Oct 07, 2010 08:48:00 pm
      What do you mean really a lot of football owners have a passion for the game, what is wrong with wanting that. I want it to be run as a football club.

He hasn't given the team success yet, there is a lot of money that has to be ploughed in before that happens.

Did i say there was anything wrong in wanting it? Read the post again. I said 'How many people with lots of money have a passion for the sport though?'

Because the fact is, the chances of getting someone with the money required who just so happens to love the sport, and also then want to invest in Liverpool in particular, are slim. So the major thing is to see if they are the types who at least like to put money into on field success - which these guys have proved they are capable of.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #41: Oct 07, 2010 08:55:23 pm
      I hell of a lot YNWA most owners in Spain, Italy, Germany and a decent few owners in the Premiership have a genuine passion for the sport, they can understand the fans concerns.

The same way John Henry can with The Red Sox as he obviously has a genuine passsion for the sport. Whether he has a passion for football is doubtful but we will wait and see.

If he spends the required money to win us a Premiership or Champions League I'll be happy with that.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #42: Oct 07, 2010 08:57:56 pm
      "to win us the Permiership or Champions League"

The owners dont win us anything!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #43: Oct 07, 2010 08:58:02 pm
      I hell of a lot YNWA most owners in Spain, Italy, Germany and a decent few owners in the Premiership have a genuine passion for the sport, they can understand the fans concerns.

The same way John Henry can with The Red Sox as he obviously has a genuine passsion for the sport. Whether he has a passion for football is doubtful but we will wait and see.

If he spends the required money to win us a Premiership or Champions League I'll be happy with that.

Yes, and they are already tied up in clubs aren't they? Thats my point, how many people are sitting around with millions who love football but not invested? I can't think that there would be many.

Heres hoping he puts the same passion he has in the Sox into us, anyways.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #44: Oct 07, 2010 09:00:16 pm

Your sounding like a broken record, your skepticism is duely noted and you'll be given a marching band to accompany your posts if you turn out to be right in the long run.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #45: Oct 07, 2010 09:19:24 pm
      Any chance you'll stop reading my posts KS67, I was having a debate with YNWA, nothing to F***ing do we you and I'm sick to my teeth of you riding me with every chance you F***ing get, you have an opinion I have opinion, get over it.

What your opinion is I don't F***ing know because you seem to be spending most of your time having a hop off me.

Really pathetic stuff if you have facts about the bid or even an opinion tell me because I'm all ears or do you just want to go around acting like a 10 year old.

Quick Reply