Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Live Long & Prosper

Read 2108 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Live Long & Prosper
      Oct 07, 2010 12:46:45 am
      I know we have Trekkies amongst us and for those in the UK, get prepared to not be 'transported' from your sofa (apart from the derby of course.) the weekend after next.

Film4 are playing the first 10 films over the 16th & 17th.

I myself will have few (Romulan) Ales and completely 'Space' out, even though I've seen these films so many times. 

I know that a few of us may watch all 10 and to those I say Kapla!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Live Long & Prosper
      Reply #1: Oct 08, 2010 09:21:39 pm
      Looking forward to this, but it will show how dated the early ones were.

Voyager was my favorate, but a film was never made :( and probally could not be made as the series "Ended" as they got back home.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Oct 08, 2010 10:09:46 pm
      I knew rodders started this thread when I seen the title, don't mind a bit of star trek myself, might watch a few of these. :)
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Oct 08, 2010 10:49:02 pm
      Could someone use a Vulcan mind meld on Hodgson and implant some positivity rather than his negativity.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #4: Oct 08, 2010 10:52:01 pm
      Looking forward to this, but it will show how dated the early ones were.

Voyager was my favorate, but a film was never made :( and probally could not be made as the series "Ended" as they got back home.

Voy's my favourite, too.

Lots more action than in TNG. But I do enjoy a bit of TNG and DS9 too.

Love Star Trek ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #5: Oct 08, 2010 11:09:52 pm
      <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCARADb9asE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCARADb9asE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #6: Oct 08, 2010 11:11:12 pm
      Could someone use a Vulcan mind meld on Hodgson and implant some positivity rather than his negativity.

Kae'at k'lasa (mind rape) is strongly forbidden in Vulcan society.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7: Oct 08, 2010 11:13:05 pm
      I always thought Voyager was the weakest of the series for me, including Enterprise, having said that Voyager had my favourite episode with Distant Origins, one of the only episodes with a lot of Chakotay in, that I like.  Voyager for me had  the weakest cast & I wish they'd let Ron Moore have his way with Voyager, because he then went on to re-image BattleStar Galatica and a grittier Voyager would have be brilliant.  Robert Picardo as The Doctor was f'n great though.

DS9 is my favourite though, but that show was made by the supporting cast - Garak, Weyoun ( actor also played Brunt/Tiron/Kevin Mulkahey in DS9, Penk in Voyager & Shran in Enterprise) Kai Winn (better known as Nurse Ratchett in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - evil bi*ch in both), Rom, Quark, Grand Nagus Zek, Dukat.. the list goes on.  

And although I haven't mentioned them, I have great affecton for both the original series & TNG & even the new film was superb, hopefully good enough to launch a new generation of Trekkies.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #8: Oct 08, 2010 11:32:07 pm
      I always thought Voyager was the weakest of the series for me, including Enterprise,

I don't know why people are so down on Enterprise, there were some problems but overall, I really enjoyed it.  The mirror episodes were appalling though and I never watched the finale.

Enterprise gave us one of the best lines in Trek - "The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no-one!"

having said that Voyager had my favourite episode with Distant Origins, one of the only episodes with a lot of Chakotay in, that I like.  Voyager for me had  the weakest cast

Chakotay was such an appallingly weak character.  Though my dislike of him was much less than my loathing of that smarmy get Riker...

Harry was pathetic.  Paris was poor.  However, Tuvok was great, the Dr and B'Elanna were good.

I wish they'd let Ron Moore have his way with Voyager, because he then went on to re-image BattleStar Galatica and a grittier Voyager would have be brilliant. 

It don't think it would have been Trek if they did it that way.  Trek is just not gritty, it is more optimistic.

I'd love to see a sci-fi series utilising the Voyager premise Galactica style.

the new film was superb, hopefully good enough to launch a new generation of Trekkies.

Blasphemy!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #9: Oct 08, 2010 11:43:00 pm

I'm not saying it isn't a flawed movie, but its job was to re-launch Trek, and that it has done.  The cinema I was in, the first time I went to see it, was filled with 8-80 year olds and the kids were asking us questions, which normally I'd find annoying, but it was a joy to impart my (limited) knowledge and even more pleasing to see a couple of the young 'uns helping answering the questions to the new fans.  Plus the re-mastered versions of The Original Series is superb.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #10: Oct 08, 2010 11:55:26 pm
      I'm not saying it isn't a flawed movie, but its job was to re-launch Trek, and that it has done.  The cinema I was in, the first time I went to see it, was filled with 8-80 year olds and the kids were asking us questions, which normally I'd find annoying, but it was a joy to impart my (limited) knowledge and even more pleasing to see a couple of the young 'uns helping answering the questions to the new fans.  Plus the re-mastered versions of The Original Series is superb.

If Spock so much as glances at Uhura in the next movie, I'm walking out.

I'd have to say, this is one thing Hitler got right...

Hitler reacts to new Star Trek movie

Aside from the unnecessary jibes at Voyager and Enterprise... bloody Nazi.

noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #11: Oct 09, 2010 05:22:14 pm
      DS9 Was also my favourite & wasn't Garak played by Andy Robinson who was Scorpio in Dirty Harry? liked TOS & Next gen, you certainly can't get enough of 7of9 though, if your a Jerri Ryan fan you should check out sci-fi series called Dark Skies. Also Enterprise was starting to get going especially with stories involving The Andorians etc from TOS. Although not a great dan of Voyager, there were some great eps & my favourite was Scorpion with the Borg/Species 872 i think.

Quick Reply