Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Paypal Problems

Read 2056 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Paypal Problems
      Oct 12, 2010 02:34:25 pm
      Hello All,

I have a problem on ebay/paypal

A Chap bought £85 worth of stuff with me - problem is - he lives in France,

so I sent the item first class recorded, and now the b***ard has stung me with a paypal dispute trying to claim a refund from me, its tracked and says - delivery attempted - card left

has anyone ever had problems, as a seller, losing money because of tossers like that?

If so how did you get around it?
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Paypal Problems
      Reply #1: Oct 12, 2010 05:37:20 pm
      Hello All,

I have a problem on ebay/paypal

A Chap bought £85 worth of stuff with me - problem is - he lives in France,

so I sent the item first class recorded, and now the b***ard has stung me with a paypal dispute trying to claim a refund from me, its tracked and says - delivery attempted - card left

has anyone ever had problems, as a seller, losing money because of tossers like that?

If so how did you get around it?

Was having bad money problems so was selling everything. Sent a Christmas ornament thing to some stupid woman, it was registered delivery, she claimed it was smashed (no way, it was still in original box polystyrene and everything) and would not give photos.  She put in a dispute and paypal took my money (around £35).

I objected, but ultimately there was nothing I could do.  Oh wait... I didn't pay my ebay fees - considerable at that point ;D  Never sold anything else.  Won't ever again either.  Far too easy for buyers to abuse system, no protection for sellers.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #2: Oct 12, 2010 05:41:09 pm
      so I sent the item first class recorded,

Put a claim in with the post office then? They've either delivered or not delivered the package?
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #3: Oct 12, 2010 06:17:51 pm
      Recorded delivery should compensate you,as JD said contact the PO.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #4: Oct 12, 2010 06:20:58 pm
      Recorded delivery should compensate you,as JD said contact the PO.
      As long as he's kept the receipt?
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #5: Oct 13, 2010 03:30:42 pm
      Receipt kept - Just the b***ard trying to pull a fast one! I'm covered - it says its at the sorting office in france and a card has been left - I just know paypal are notoriously sh*t at sorting issues out and I will not let them F**k me over
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #6: Oct 13, 2010 06:35:40 pm
      Receipt kept - Just the b***ard trying to pull a fast one! I'm covered - it says its at the sorting office in france and a card has been left - I just know paypal are notoriously sh*t at sorting issues out and I will not let them f**k me over
      Nice one!

Quick Reply