Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Getaway thread

Read 10600 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      The Getaway thread
      Jun 02, 2009 10:24:17 pm
      So I think there is already a holiday thread on here somewhere, however I thought it might be a good idea to share travel ideas and/or local knowledge in a kind of "all in" thread.  This does not have to be restricted to ideas on just day drips or weekend breaks but longer holidays too such as cruises, fly and drive, boat hire etc etc and for the gap year student "cheap places to visit across the globe"

I have an example of what kind of info could be used in this board, so to start you guys off with me and the wife have always said that we would love to go to New York for new years as I can't think of a more exciting place to be than times square when the clock hits 12 ;) , however I don't think it will be possible this year.  We are now looking at a cheaper, closer to home alternative for this year, so I'm sure you get the gist of it, have fun!

Andy
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: The Getaway thread :cool-smiley-027:
      Reply #1: Jun 02, 2009 10:25:55 pm
      So I think there is already a holiday thread on here somewhere, however I thought it might be a good idea to share travel ideas and/or local knowledge in a kind of "all in" thread.  This does not have to be restricted to ideas on just day drips or weekend breaks but longer holidays too such as cruises, fly and drive, boat hire etc etc and for the gap year student "cheap places to visit across the globe"

I have an example of what kind of info could be used in this board, so to start you guys off with me and the wife have always said that we would love to go to New York for new years as I can't think of a more exciting place to be than times square when the clock hits 12 ;) , however I don't think it will be possible this year.  We are now looking at a cheaper, closer to home alternative for this year, so I'm sure you get the gist of it, have fun!

Andy

If you get the opportunity to go to New York mate, go.

I went last February, freezing, but bloody brilliant. Magical place, has everything. Seriously, do it! :D
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: The Getaway thread
      Reply #2: Jun 02, 2009 10:27:50 pm
      If you get the opportunity to go to New York mate, go.

I went last February, freezing, but bloody brilliant. Magical place, has everything. Seriously, do it! :D

Can we send you the invoice of $1200 for the 3 nights stay (including flights though)
      ?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Jun 02, 2009 10:29:39 pm
      I didn't like New York. It too big. Me too small. Was ony there a few hours, but just ended up finding a little Irish pub and enjoyed drinkies with my little American girlie. Good times. Happy memories! Followed by a David Gray concert.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #4: Jun 02, 2009 10:31:22 pm
      I didn't like New York. It too big. Me too small. Was ony there a few hours, but just ended up finding a little Irish pub and enjoyed drinkies with my little American girlie. Good times. Happy memories! Followed by a David Gray concert.

Haha! I was there for 5 days and loved every second. If your going though, I would say around 3-5 days is perfect.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #5: Jun 02, 2009 11:21:52 pm
      Las Vegas what a place, if ever this forum decides to have an end of season tour then that's my nomination. A couple of years ago we went up the west coast from LA to Seattle by road then on to Alaska by boat, but the biggest memory was the 24/7 lifestyle in Las Vegas, everything for everyone, perfect for this forum I think, anyone up for it ?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #6: Jun 02, 2009 11:23:23 pm
      If not Las Vegas, there's always my caravan in Talacre
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #7: Jun 03, 2009 01:41:51 pm
      If not Las Vegas, there's always my caravan in Talacre

France?

If anyone is looking for cheap travel/flight deals check out this link:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #8: Jun 03, 2009 01:46:32 pm
      Las Vegas what a place, if ever this forum decides to have an end of season tour then that's my nomination. A couple of years ago we went up the west coast from LA to Seattle by road then on to Alaska by boat, but the biggest memory was the 24/7 lifestyle in Las Vegas, everything for everyone, perfect for this forum I think, anyone up for it ?

That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for! I dunno about Las Vegas though!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #9: Jun 09, 2009 02:25:40 pm
      And there was me thinking this was a thread for bank-robbers!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #10: Jun 10, 2009 04:22:03 pm
      Im hoping to getaway soon......here is an applicable cheezy song from the eighties

Maxx - Getaway
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #11: Oct 16, 2010 12:32:36 am
      BUMP

Boston anyone?, I hear it's great in Autumn  ;D
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #12: Oct 16, 2010 07:58:37 am
      I'd like to do Boston or New York for Paddy's Day I hear it's something else.
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #13: Oct 17, 2010 02:36:47 am
      Yea that would be class! the flights are never cheap enough though on a day like that!
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #14: Oct 17, 2010 07:47:04 am
      AJ the wife reckons that they do specials for the states for three days so I've asked her to check it out for us with her niece who works for a travel firm.

Quick Reply