Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

Arne Slot - LFC Manager (Head Coach)

Read 15090 times
      tq redz
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 17 
      Re: Arne Slot - LFC Manager (Head Coach)
      Reply #299: Yesterday at 12:13:08 pm

I’m liken how Arne comes across, especially to the fuckwits in the media, he seems very smart and articulate, he has a aura of a man who knows what he’s doing, unlike his compatriot down the East Lancs Rd, he’s very clear in his explanations, in short we can fully understand what he is expressing rather the double Dutch from Ten Fags,

Curtis alluded to how Arne is more hands on which obviously explains his coaching title rather than manager although in his case they go hand in hand, he points out that Arne will work on the finer details of each player making them even better than they are, he has a coach who does the one to one analysis so that everyone can iron out their mistakes and again improve their overall performances,

I think incomings are unlikely until later in the window, Arne wisely wants run the rule over those returning later, and will then seek out those who he feels will improve on what we have already, I don’t think that we need too much, with us losing Joel Matip it’s possible we already have his replacement in Sepp van den berg, he’s been loaned out last couple of seasons so could he finally cement a place under Arne,  Stefan Bajcetic is another returnee albeit from injury rather from a loan, we seen this kid the previous season where he had shown glimpses of his quality, he’s quite adaptable but I think he’d be ideal as DM if indeed Arne plays such a system, Tyler Morton another loanee return, and another option for midfield or indeed DM, Ben Doak, both loaned out and injured gives us another attacking option from the right, hopefully he can remain injury free and make the impact he promises,

We seen last season Jürgen bringing in kids from the academy and none of them looked out of place, youngsters Koumas, Clarke, Danns, McConnell all handled themselves really well, as to did Kaide Gordon who we first seen the season before, even younger Trey Ayoni made a impression albeit briefly but this lad has something about him and I hope to see more of him this campaign,

Having said all that I think the LB position needs attention, Robbo’s legs won’t see him thru the entirety of the season and as good as Kostas can be I think we need a upgrade, we could also look at a bringing in a bit more creativity, something we were woefully short of last season, however with a slightly different and perhaps improved system that may happen inadvertently, so for me there’s lots to ponder over, none of us has any real idea and are only surmising what could happen with a Arne system, but who’s not exited, who isn’t looking forward to the new Liverpool, we’re but a month away from the start and I am fairly confident that Arne will be the real deal,

The fuckwits in the media are hoping he fucks it up, cos he’s not a big name, he doesn’t fall into line with their usual sh*te, why hasn’t Liverpool spent any money, why hasn’t Liverpool went for this player or that, we think he’s perfect for them, Anthony Gordon a prime example, click bait bullshit at its worst, we will have targets, we will have our eyes on certain individuals, if indeed they become available, so what is our aim this season, a season under a new manager/coach, who will bring about a fresh beginning, taking over a group who are still in transition, what realistically should we be aiming at, I reckon top 4, maybe a cup run, we can’t expect too much too soon, however we do things differently though don’t we, instinct tells me we will fair better than a 4th placed finish, I won’t stick my neck out just yet though, I’m waiting to see how we are for a few weeks, but I’m saying this now, we won’t be too far away !!

YNWA
      Great Post, but I read we are selling Sepp Van Den Berg, so hopefully someone comes in for him
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 549 
      Reply #300: Yesterday at 12:51:43 pm
      Curtis saying Arne wants a less rushed, more controlled midfield this season compared to one's gone by.

My number 1 criticism of us over the years was just how chaotic we played and how to style was more basketball you attack we attack stuff than I'd have liked.

The year we won the title under Jürgen we were a controlled outfit.

A return to that would be music to my ears even though in Curtis' interview he seemed to be almost critical of Klopps style more than I would want an ex player of his to be.

Have a listen and make your own assessments. One thing with Curtis that has never been in doubt. On the face of it he doesn't lack for self belief.

https://youtu.be/hf9DvIV0zzM?si=mUIjTEbw38s0LWyG

Interesting interview that. He was a bit critical of Jürgen's style of play wasn't he?

Definitely sounds like we are moving to a more possession based, less gegenpressing style. Which fits with what Slot has said before about City under Pep being his kind of model style.

Personally, I don't want us to move too far in that direction as I find City a bit boring to watch (maybe I wouldn't so much if it was us snd not them playing that way though) and found Jürgen's end to end style exciting and entertaining as F**k, even if could get a bit chaotic on occasion. (Funnily enough, in the latter part of last season, I felt we were being a bit too slow and patient in the build up.)

Be interesting to see how different it is this season. Definitely sounds like Curtis is enjoying Slot's coaching so far though.
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 924 posts | 156 
      Reply #301: Yesterday at 12:53:31 pm
      To further on the above post by _Tickle_

"In terms of build-up and how comfortable we are on the ball and how calm we have to be and play more as a team, not in a rush to attack, we want to have the ball and break teams down then that gives us a chance if we give the ball away to go and press."

"In the past it felt like a rush, a bit too direct, up and down up and down, he wants us to have all the ball and completely kill teams."
      - Curtis Jones

Great to get the beginning of our players talking about Slot's philosophy rather than analysis via punditry, YouTube vids etc.....
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 2186 
      Reply #302: Yesterday at 01:25:36 pm

"In terms of build-up and how comfortable we are on the ball and how calm we have to be and play more as a team, not in a rush to attack, we want to have the ball and break teams down then that gives us a chance if we give the ball away to go and press."

"In the past it felt like a rush, a bit too direct, up and down up and down, he wants us to have all the ball and completely kill teams."
      - Curtis Jones

Great to get the beginning of our players talking about Slot's philosophy rather than analysis via punditry, YouTube vids etc.....

It'll be interesting to see whether such a style reduces the injury rate for us.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 549 
      Reply #303: Yesterday at 01:31:58 pm
      It'll be interesting to see whether such a style reduces the injury rate for us.

True. Also whether it helps us maintain our energy/stamina over a whole season. In principle, you would think it would, on both counts.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,582 posts | 6459 
      Reply #304: Yesterday at 02:26:02 pm

- Curtis Jones

I could be wrong...this sounds more like what Rodgers was touting when he managed us. Rest in possession so you can press and get the ball back.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,806 posts | 893 
      Reply #305: Yesterday at 04:12:21 pm
      2 weeks of preseason without even a proper game and Jones is the happiest he has ever been. The lad is just desperately trying to gain favour with Slot as he fully knows that he is lucky to be in the squad and could well be shipped out.  :roll:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #306: Yesterday at 07:53:30 pm
      2 weeks of preseason without even a proper game and Jones is the happiest he has ever been. The lad is just desperately trying to gain favour with Slot as he fully knows that he is lucky to be in the squad and could well be shipped out.  :roll:

Nothing like a bit of pre-season positivity  :f_doh:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,774 posts | 3954 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #307: Yesterday at 08:06:42 pm

All Jones really said was that Slot’s style and the way he utilises midfielders will suit him more and is more in keeping with how the player himself likes to play.

Quick Reply