Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2795764 times
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #16744: Apr 09, 2015 11:22:49 pm

Rubbish and you know it, unless you can say by how much.....or you just guessing.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16745: Apr 09, 2015 11:24:52 pm
      Rubbish and you know it, unless you can say by how much.....or you just guessing.
      Fact! And you should know it! It's common Knowledge to Liverpool fans.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16746: Apr 09, 2015 11:26:12 pm
      Fact! And you should know it! It's common Knowledge to Liverpool fans.

Oh stop being an arse, just say by how much or crawl back under your anti FSG Rock.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #16747: Apr 09, 2015 11:29:55 pm

We're done.

It has been said numerous times both tonight and in the past.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16748: Apr 09, 2015 11:31:38 pm
      Oh stop being an arse, just say by how much or crawl back under your anti FSG Rock.
      Extract from the Guardian about the Dempsey transfer-

In another day of wage reductions at Anfield, Rodgers released three more players – Charlie Adam, Jay Spearing and Nathan Eccleston – but that was not enough for his employers to meet Fulham's demands for a minimum £5m fee for Dempsey. Fulham claim Liverpool offered only £3m for the American, who became the second Rodgers' target this summer to sign instead for Tottenham Hotspur following Gylfi Sigurdsson.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16749: Apr 09, 2015 11:32:37 pm
      We're done.

It has been said numerous times both tonight and in the past.

.? Am I missing something here, or you just arguing for arguings sake? Is it a secret? Who did we get outbid by and by how much simple question.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16750: Apr 09, 2015 11:34:09 pm
      Extract from the Guardian about the Dempsey transfer-

In another day of wage reductions at Anfield, Rodgers released three more players – Charlie Adam, Jay Spearing and Nathan Eccleston – but that was not enough for his employers to meet Fulham's demands for a minimum £5m fee for Dempsey. Fulham claim Liverpool offered only £3m for the American, who became the second Rodgers' target this summer to sign instead for Tottenham Hotspur following Gylfi Sigurdsson.

;D so basically you saying you don't know ffs just admit it.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16751: Apr 09, 2015 11:40:19 pm
      .? Am I missing something here, or you just arguing for arguings sake? Is it a secret? Who did we get outbid by and by how much simple question.

It works both ways because the club would never hold a presser announcing that we got outbid for a target now would they?

So the burden of proof is on you; the owners, manager and the few respect journalists that are out there all speak of the wage structure.

The owners have spoken ad nausea the fact that we will not over-pay for talent yet build from within, yet all these top names we failed to aquire were not down to the wage structure or transfer fee restrictions oh no it was down to the manager failing to sell the dream to the players.

Prove it, because I see f**k all proof in your assertions, they are nothing more than an opinion with nothing absolutely nothing to back them up.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16752: Apr 09, 2015 11:41:20 pm
      ;D so basically you saying you don't know ffs just admit it.
      By my maths that's 2 million, can you not count? Of course you can't, you can't even absorb what you read !
      More evidence for you to ignore!
      http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/23/4207229/rodgers-football-reasons-not-behind-willians-liverpool-snub
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #16753: Apr 09, 2015 11:42:12 pm

You're missing quite a lot mate but as I said I'm done with you on this topic as you clearly are on a wind up and I cannot be bothered with it.

By my maths that's 2 million, can you not count? Of course you can't, you can't even absorb what you read !
      http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/23/4207229/rodgers-football-reasons-not-behind-willians-liverpool-snub

I quoted that above as well Orchard but obviously got ignored as well.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16754: Apr 09, 2015 11:42:52 pm
      It works both ways because the club would never hold a presser announcing that we got outbid for a target now would they?

So the burden of proof is on you; the owners, manager and the few respect journalists that are out there all speak of the wage structure.

The owners have spoken ad nausea the fact that we will not over-pay for talent yet build from within, yet all these top names were not down to that it was down to the manager.

Prove it, because I see f**k all proof in your assertions, they are nothing more than an opinion.

Yet you throw your opinion around like its fact as do other FSG haters without knowing F**k all. Oh the F***ing irony, I've seen more proof in the UFO thread.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16755: Apr 09, 2015 11:45:19 pm

Now that is just absurd.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #16756: Apr 09, 2015 11:45:58 pm
      Thats not what they said though is it, they said they would compete with the best for the best but not hrld to ransom, but again i ask the same question when apart from Sigurdsson have we been held to ranson on wages or fee for a player please tell me.......anyone F***ing tell me or stop making this sh*t up.

Dempsey.  Fee agreed with Villa at £4m.  We were asked for £8m.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16757: Apr 09, 2015 11:46:01 pm
      Yet you throw your opinion around like its fact as do other FSG haters without knowing f**k all. Oh the f**king irony, I've seen more proof in the UFO thread.

F**k man I just gave you a + for that post, that will be up for some post of the year award.

FSG hater I am?...Did you read that Walton? Skip? Corbally?

I am an FSG Hater...man o man I have come a long way in 5 years on this board.

This revelation is going to shake the world and turn this forum on its knees.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16758: Apr 09, 2015 11:49:09 pm
      You're missing quite a lot mate but as I said I'm done with you on this topic as you clearly are on a wind up and I cannot be bothered with it.

I quoted that above as well Orchard but obviously got ignored as well.

It's easier to stick to your point of view when you ignore the evidence to the contrary! He's beaten and he knows it mate!

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16759: Apr 09, 2015 11:50:24 pm

No that is the proof you so desire! You've got your evidence, deal with it!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16760: Apr 09, 2015 11:52:17 pm
      By the way, I'm not an FSG hater, I'm a Liverpool supporter. I have no feelings towards FSG at all!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16761: Apr 09, 2015 11:53:36 pm
      By the way, I'm not an FSG hater, I'm a Liverpool supporter. I have no feelings towards FSG at all!

I am going to use that as my sig...comedy gold if you ask me.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #16762: Apr 10, 2015 12:12:23 am
      Willian, Dempsey, Salah
      Spurs outbid us for Dempsey, Chelsea outbid us for Walsh, Spurs, and then Chelsea both outbid us for Willian.

None of that is relevant or indeed required as an ingredient in some horseshit fabrication by a wum .
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16763: Apr 10, 2015 12:29:02 am
      We have been a mid season team for the last 4-5 seasons? so limiting our spending and missing out on named players is understandable. As for last summer and finishing 2nd with automatic qualifications into CL as well as selling Suarez, this was the only transfer window where we had the opportunity to take our time, spend big and pick out exceptional players, but who bottled it, FSG or Rodgers & committee?

Without Suarez, we had a strong 18 capable of performing first team duties (including Reina & Agger), did we really need 9 new squad players? It wasn't a case of a weak squad, but more so, a weak 11. So the way I see it, the mistakes lies mostly with Rodgers & the committee rather than FSG. I'm sure we could still have bought 4 exceptional players without paying world class fees & wages that would've improved our first team (which in turn, improves our squad) and stayed within the FSG policy.

Also, about FSG's policy, I'm sure they would've stepped outside their boundaries slightly this summer (due to increase in revenue) if our manager made a strong case for players (Downing & Lallana are good examples due to their age). Finally, as for the committee, let's be honest here, most of the major clubs have a committee or some sort, not as if the managers can scout every player in the world, right (unless they play FM :D)? It just happens that our committee are sh*t at scouting and understanding the game :(
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16764: Apr 10, 2015 12:38:51 am
      Without Suarez, we had a strong 18 capable of performing first team duties (including Reina & Agger), did we really need 9 new squad players? It wasn't a case of a weak squad, but more so, a weak 11.

Strange but in the 2nd half of last season I seem to recall so many matches where we needed to go to the bench yet there was no real quality there; and so many talking about how small are squad was in depth and quality.

I must have been dreaming.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16765: Apr 10, 2015 12:51:14 am
      Strange but in the 2nd half of last season I seem to recall so many matches where we needed to go to the bench yet there was no real quality there; and so many talking about how small are squad was in depth and quality.

I must have been dreaming.

I'm talking about the end of last season.

Simon Mignolet
      Pepe Reina

Glen Johnson
      Jon Flanagan
      Wisdom
      José Enrique

Kolo Touré
      Mamadou Sakho
      Daniel Agger
      Martin Å krtel
      Kelly

Steven Gerrard
      Lucas Leiva
      Jordan Henderson
      Joe Allen

Raheem Sterling
      Jordon Ibe (I personally believe he was ready in the summer)
      Philippe Coutinho

Daniel Sturridge
      Fabio Borini

I count 18 there. Look at Chelsea's squad for an example, 19 players capable of first team action, yet they cope? The mistake was improving the squad rather than first team.

[Edit]Actually, 20!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16766: Apr 10, 2015 01:02:54 am
      I'm talking about the end of last season.

Simon Mignolet
      Pepe Reina

Glen Johnson
      Jon Flanagan
      José Enrique

Kolo Touré
      Mamadou Sakho
      Daniel Agger
      Martin Å krtel

Steven Gerrard
      Lucas Leiva
      Jordan Henderson
      Joe Allen

Raheem Sterling
      Jordon Ibe (I personally believe he was ready in the summer)
      Philippe Coutinho

Daniel Sturridge
      Fabio Borini

I count 18 there. Look at Chelsea's squad for an example, 19 players capable of first team action, yet they cope? The mistake was improving the squad rather than first team.

Sorry mate I don see the same quality in either the starting XI or the bench that I see at Chelsea; I just don't.

Philippe, Sturridge, Sterling, Sahko would make the bench or play for Chelsea.

Don't think the rest would even make it there tbh.

I see sub-par players in Borini, Allen, Enrique

I see older players or oft injured players in Gerrard, Lucas, Agger, Johnson , Kelly

I see inexperience in Ibe & Flanagan

Sahko was not on the team at the end of last season and although perhaps blasphemous I prefer him to Agger...Lovren (Jury is out)

I think when Fabio Borini, Martin Kelly, Jose Enrique are part of "Plan B" you best work on strengthening the bench.

Quick Reply