Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2766401 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #17043: Apr 26, 2015 07:45:47 pm
      Our owners are so far from a normal owner it is ridiculous. The vast majority of owners like football, the vast majority dont expect to make money, the vast majority make an effort in the January window.

The vast majority dont give their manager over £100M to spend in one transfer window either.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17044: Apr 26, 2015 07:59:13 pm
      I will be posting more facts later this week, for the hard of thinking.

We are all waiting, been a week now; we've seen nothing just the sandwich board ravings of an unstable person.

Let us know when you have your facts straight.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17045: Apr 26, 2015 08:41:17 pm
      Or for those who'd rather NOT read the doublespeak.
      JW Henry made an almighty fuckup of his futures business. And all the customers fu**ed off.
      This "brilliant businessman" was actually giving useless returns with it.

What has HAS been successful at in recent times  is the parasitic business model of "sports brands".
      ie
      1)give a load of bullshit promises.
      2)hold sports fans over a barrel.
      3)repeatedly tell them "give me the money or I'll kill the brand".

Henry hasn't loaned the fans anything at 0%. He's loaned HIMSELF it.

But hey, don't let any of that stop you giving us the tiresome propaganda.. :roll:
      tiresome propaganda? Note the irony of your statement?

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17046: Apr 26, 2015 08:58:21 pm
      We are all waiting, been a week now; we've seen nothing just the sandwich board ravings of an unstable person.

Let us know when you have your facts straight.

But enough of yourself, eh wackjob. :o

Facts are clear, my little colonial looney-tune.
      Some of us have lives to live.
      Others however are just shills who post sh*t for $$$$s

I'm off out now, and I'll post something when I fancy, not when your little hissy fit demands. (Is this evidence of  you having been promoted to head shill now btw?)

While I'm out, maybe you can post the great successes your rounders friends have made since 2010 at Anfield?
      Because we currently look just as sh*t now as we were back then. Altho I have asked you this question MANY times.
      STILL WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #17047: Apr 26, 2015 09:02:40 pm

Facts are clear, my colonial looney-tune.

I'd be happy to consider any facts you have to support your assertions, I am no fan of the smug corporate tools from Boston. But AZ is right in that you over promise and under deliver and ultimately you sound like a Hicks and Gillette shill trying to disguise yourself as a "local" supporter. Enough senseless tripe and name calling, post some facts and try to have a seasoned debate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #17048: Apr 26, 2015 09:15:28 pm
      I'm off out now, and I'll post something when I fancy, not when your little hissy fit demands

I would suggest in future then you don't post stuff like this.

I will be posting more facts later this week, for the hard of thinking.

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2015 09:53:39 pm by srslfc »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17049: Apr 26, 2015 09:52:43 pm

Facts are clear, my little colonial looney-tune.

I'm off out now, and I'll post something when I fancy, not when your little hissy fit demands. (Is this evidence of  you having been promoted to head shill now btw?)

While I'm out, maybe you can post the great successes your rounders friends have made since 2010 at Anfield?
      Because we currently look just as sh*t now as we were back then. Altho I have asked you this question MANY times.

please go and live the life you claim you have and go and experience the real world, you really need to get out more mate before your head explodes
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #17050: Apr 26, 2015 10:42:09 pm
      The vast majority dont give their manager over £100M to spend in one transfer window either.
      I don't see how, after making record amounts only money, and selling Suarez for 75 mill, that they could've got away with spending much less to be honest.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17051: Apr 26, 2015 11:50:08 pm

So still no facts then?

Carry on.

Btw I never recall you asking me a direct question, feel free though I will be happy to answer.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #17052: Apr 27, 2015 12:12:02 am
      Liverpool may ditch transfer committee as they look to change recruitment policy this summer

It will be a busy summer of transfer activity at Liverpool with at least 10 players and probably more expected to leave, writes Jason Burt

By Jason Burt10:00PM BST 25 Apr 2015

Brendan Rodgers is expected to survive as Liverpool manager into next season but could there be some changes in how the club goes about recruiting players this summer?

One suggestion is that the Fenway Sports Group, which owns Liverpool, might want to appoint a director of football/ general manager to assist Rodgers.

This would raise questions over whether the much-debated transfer committee – which is headed by the manager – will be broken up, or at least revamped, following some disappointing signings in recent windows.

The committee includes Rodgers, Mike Gordon, a Liverpool director who also sits on FSG’s board, chief executive Ian Ayre, head of performance and analysis Michael Edwards along with chief scout Barry Hunter and Dave Fallows, the head of recruitment.

Mario Balotelli has been one of several disappointing signings
      The spotlight is likely to fall on Hunter and Fallows in particular, and how effective they have been, when FSG carry out their usual end-of-season review of how Liverpool have performed.

Whether they re-shape the committee or even take the step of appointing a director of football – something Rodgers has opposed in the past – remains to seen but certainly there will be a reckoning over the signings that have been made and just how many have proved a success.

Even if a change is made to the way Liverpool conduct their transfers there will not be a wavering in the principle of signing players of potential which FSG have insisted upon.

Either way it will be a busy summer of transfer activity at Liverpool with at least 10 players and probably more expected to leave.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11563643/Liverpool-may-ditch-transfer-committee-as-they-look-to-change-recruitment-policy-this-summer.html
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17053: Apr 27, 2015 12:15:55 am
      Very true, I did know that!

But AussieRed wants to win the LEAGUE.

Damn straight I do, more then any other trophy out there but I'm always open to gathering as much Silverware that's on offer!

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #17054: Apr 27, 2015 12:18:06 am
      Damn straight I do, more then any other trophy out there but I'm always open to gathering as much Silverware that's on offer!

That by knocking the fillings out of Rodgers teeth?.

;D

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #17055: Apr 27, 2015 12:21:03 am
      Liverpool may ditch transfer committee as they look to change recruitment policy this summer

It will be a busy summer of transfer activity at Liverpool with at least 10 players and probably more expected to leave, writes Jason Burt

Brendan Rodgers is expected to survive as Liverpool manager into next season but could there be some changes in how the club goes about recruiting players this summer?

One suggestion is that the Fenway Sports Group, which owns Liverpool, might want to appoint a director of football/ general manager to assist Rodgers.

This would raise questions over whether the much-debated transfer committee – which is headed by the manager – will be broken up, or at least revamped, following some disappointing signings in recent windows.

The committee includes Rodgers, Mike Gordon, a Liverpool director who also sits on FSG’s board, chief executive Ian Ayre, head of performance and analysis Michael Edwards along with chief scout Barry Hunter and Dave Fallows, the head of recruitment.

The spotlight is likely to fall on Hunter and Fallows in particular, and how effective they have been, when FSG carry out their usual end-of-season review of how Liverpool have performed.

Whether they re-shape the committee or even take the step of appointing a director of football – something Rodgers has opposed in the past – remains to seen but certainly there will be a reckoning over the signings that have been made and just how many have proved a success.

Even if a change is made to the way Liverpool conduct their transfers there will not be a wavering in the principle of signing players of potential which FSG have insisted upon.

Either way it will be a busy summer of transfer activity at Liverpool with at least 10 players and probably more expected to leave.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11563643/Liverpool-may-ditch-transfer-committee-as-they-look-to-change-recruitment-policy-this-summer.html
      More experimentation but no change except for a few heads to roll .

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17056: Apr 27, 2015 12:29:25 am

Well we can live in hope that this lifts some of the restrictions on wages that we offer to top tier players, excuse me if I'm going to take this with a large pinch of salt after the latest deluge of PR we've had from the club.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #17057: Apr 27, 2015 12:35:29 am
      I think the transfer committee needs to be scrapped. Either bring in a DOF or let Rodgers have full control and back him.

At least then, transfers can be properly evaluated and responsibility determined good or bad.

The young and potential thing needs reevaluated as well. Foolish to limit yourself in that way.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #17058: Apr 27, 2015 12:57:38 am
      Ditching the committee would be great, having a DoF would be greater, Giving Rodgers full control I'm not so sure.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #17059: Apr 27, 2015 01:08:14 am
      They'll just ditch the name, it'll be the same and still be much like it is at most clubs, without people going ape sh*t over a name.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #17060: Apr 27, 2015 02:27:27 am
      Ditching the committee would be great, having a DoF would be greater, Giving Rodgers full control I'm not so sure.

But if Rodgers had full control at least it would be easy to determine good or bad how he had done and there would be no hiding nor would there be all this bickering among the supporters about whether he was to "blame" or not.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #17061: Apr 27, 2015 06:37:54 am

That is true.

Now, let me ask you this, To what end did we spend that money ?

Did we spend it to push on from second to win the league or did we spend it on a rebuilding programme.

Was it spent with the expectation of winning trophies or was it spent in the hope that we finish in the top four ?

If any other owner had spent that money it would be with the expectation that the club was going to push on, was going to improve immediately, that the players would be around a long time.

Now, how long will the players we bought be around ? From experience we can say, one season after spending over £100 million on players, some of these players will stay, some will go on loan, with the expectation that they will be sold and some will be sold outright.

Is that spending money in an effort to improve the team or is it spending money in the most   
      economical way for the clubs bank balance.

The answers are obvious
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #17062: Apr 27, 2015 08:15:04 am
      Get Carra back at the club as a Part time coach & get him on the transfer committe.

He will knock a few heads together and its well known he is footi daft and probably knows all the players all over the world. ;D.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #17063: Apr 27, 2015 09:40:30 am
      I just want to clarify around this 'investment' phrase. 

FSG haven't given the club £110M to build a new Main Stand.  They've loaned the club the money over 5 and a half years - and based on TV income it's pretty assured they will be getting it back.  The football club are going to be doing the 'investment' to the tune of around £20M a year.  £20M a year that won't be going towards on the field success for the next 5 and a half years.

Suggesting FSG are investing in things like the stadium is like saying HSBC are buying me a house.

And if it was an investment, do you think they don't want a return on it too? If I invested 120m (not loaned) in a company, I expect a return on it every year. How much? depends on the financial risk the company has (the more leveraged it is the more financial risk it carries and the more return I ask).

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #17064: Apr 27, 2015 09:41:54 am
      Henry hasn't loaned the fans anything at 0%. He's loaned HIMSELF it.

What does that even mean?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #17065: Apr 27, 2015 10:04:21 am

Henry owns L.F.C, therefore loaning the club he owns means he's virtually given himself (the owner of the club) the loan.

That's what I think he means.

Quick Reply