Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2767514 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,435 posts | 3418 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #20148: Feb 01, 2016 11:48:37 pm
      Oh god , here we go again
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Share Liverpool FC
      Reply #20149: Feb 02, 2016 12:01:25 am
      I don't understand why we sold to another American consortium after what happened with the first lot. If our most famous club really had to be sold why was it not sold to someone who loves and knows the game of football and knows a lot about the history and success our great club has had.

Someone who is willing to put in money to rebuild the club and get it back to champions status as we was in the 70s and 80s and someone who did not have any ties to any other club or sport like our current owners have in America i.e( baseball the red sox )

It upsets me to watch what is happening on and off the pitch in the transfer market ian ayres and fsg are willing to pay full asking prices of players then loan them straight back to their clubs (when we badly need players now)and yet they are unwilling to go anywhere near the asking price of another player.

Who is keen eager and willing to play for the club right now and defend the mighty famous red shirt that he would be proud of wearing FSG have been saying season after season they will buy big in the summer but it never seems to happen.

They got rid of our best players after the fantastic season we had in the 2013/14 season and we never replaced our best player that season and we went backwards once again.What amazes me about FSG is before they took over they said they wanted to make us champions once again and yet they have not delivered they never backed BR on transfers which in the end finished with him being sacked and they are still doing the same thing with JĆ¼rgen Klopp

Where transfers are concerned I hear people saying yeah maybe so but FSG have put their hands in their pockets to pay for the stand but I have said no way its more like they have turned to the bank for a loan just like the last American owners did  to enable  the work  to be carried out

Players should have come first then the stand.

This is the first time ive ever seen Liverpool fc with a goal difference in the league as a minus rather than a plus at this stage of the season both bill shankly and bob paisley will be turning in their graves to see what is happening to their beloved club YNWA

Was anybody else in for us? I can't remember but I don't think they billionaires were queuing up to buy us and we weren't exactly in a position to turn our noses up at FSG at the time.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Share Liverpool FC
      Reply #20150: Feb 02, 2016 01:27:50 am
      i know it's probably a shill but i'll bite

I don't understand why we sold to another American consortium after what happened with the first lot. If our most famous club really had to be sold why was it not sold to someone who loves and knows the game of football and knows a lot about the history and success our great club has had.

we sold to NESV because we wanted to get H&G as far away as possible.

because they weren't bidding for it? you can't sell something to someone who isn't buying.

Someone who is willing to put in money to rebuild the club and get it back to champions status as we was in the 70s and 80s and someone who did not have any ties to any other club or sport like our current owners have in America i.e( baseball the red sox )

like who? if you aren't offering solutions you are doing nothing but whine. are you a whiner or a thinker? offer a solution.

It upsets me to watch what is happening on and off the pitch in the transfer market ian ayres and fsg are willing to pay full asking prices of players then loan them straight back to their clubs (when we badly need players now)and yet they are unwilling to go anywhere near the asking price of another player.

i don't understand the connection. what does loaning Grujic back home so he can win the league with his club have to do with not willing to pay an extraordinary amount for Alex Teixeira? :\

Who is keen eager and willing to play for the club right now and defend the mighty famous red shirt that he would be proud of wearing FSG have been saying season after season they will buy big in the summer but it never seems to happen.

what does spending in the summer have to do with the january window? anyway, didn't we spend big last summer? i remember most people thinking we killed it, getting Clyne, Benteke, Firmino, Milner etc. almost all the targets we wanted. so didn't it happen last summer?

They got rid of our best players after the fantastic season we had in the 2013/14 season and we never replaced our best player that season and we went backwards once again.What amazes me about FSG is before they took over they said they wanted to make us champions once again and yet they have not delivered they never backed BR on transfers which in the end finished with him being sacked and they are still doing the same thing with JĆ¼rgen Klopp

absolute nonsense, are you being paid to annoy us?

Where transfers are concerned I hear people saying yeah maybe so but FSG have put their hands in their pockets to pay for the stand but I have said no way its more like they have turned to the bank for a loan just like the last American owners did  to enable  the work  to be carried out

so what?

Players should have come first then the stand.

we did get players in. do you not realise we've lost Reina, Carragher, Gerrard, Agger, Torres, Suarez over the past 5 years? do you not realise how hard it is to replace them? the whole club has been trying, how can you not see that?!

This is the first time ive ever seen Liverpool fc with a goal difference in the league as a minus rather than a plus at this stage of the season both bill shankly and bob paisley will be turning in their graves to see what is happening to their beloved club YNWA

f**k are you talking about, complete nonsense, don't bring up those names you disrespectful clown...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20151: Feb 02, 2016 01:39:09 pm
      have we progressed under FSG.
      from 05 to 10 we finished 5th/3rd/3rd/4th/2nd/7th.
      from 11 onwards 6th/8th/7th/2nd/6th. and at present 6th or 7th looks possible again this year.
      the problems started in 09/10 when twit and tw*t went to war with each other and Torres played just 22 league games but scored 18 goals.
      Under FSG we are AVG approx. 64 points in four full seasons which means we will always struggle to get top 4 with that points tally.
      from 05 -10 we avg 72 points added to which we managed an FA Cup and a CL Cup so with all the best will in the world its hard to see that we have done anything but gone backwards in the last 5 years.
      We still seem unable to either attract or buy the right players for the right price but we have been ok at selling good players for top money.
      I wonder what exactly FSG want for the club ?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #20152: Feb 02, 2016 02:00:30 pm
      The way i see it the owners main job is to:

1. Provide a sustainable financial base for the club so we avoid doing a Leeds

2. Develop the stadium for future generations of fans

3. Obtain the best manager available to handle the football

4. Back the manager financially to achieve point (3) whilst also being mindful of points (1) and (2)

5. Generally act in a dignified way that is in keeping with the ethos of the club.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #20153: Feb 02, 2016 02:07:57 pm
      They were willing to pay the 38m for Teixeira but Klopp had the final say and he said no.

Sounds to me they wanted to back the manager.

Let's see in the summer
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #20154: Feb 02, 2016 02:20:22 pm
      They were willing to pay the 38m for Teixeira but Klopp had the final say and he said no.

Let's see in the summer

Evidence? i'm not sure there is any to back that claim?
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #20155: Feb 02, 2016 02:23:18 pm
      The way i see it the owners main job is to:

1. Provide a sustainable financial base for the club so we avoid doing a Leeds

2. Develop the stadium for future generations of fans

3. Obtain the best manager available to handle the football

4. Back the manager financially to achieve point (3) whilst also being mindful of points (1) and (2)

5. Generally act in a dignified way that is in keeping with the ethos of the club.

FSG would love this.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #20156: Feb 02, 2016 02:32:56 pm

Exactly why this plant/wum is on ignore mate.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #20157: Feb 02, 2016 02:36:53 pm
      Evidence? i'm not sure there is any to back that claim?

Just from someone on twitter (Jay Riley) who I take his word most of the time because he got so many stories right in the past, especially Rodgers getting the sack after Everton and Klopp becoming the new manager.

Also Chris Bascombe in his article before the transfer window h said that FSG are willing to back Klopp with any signing he wants. Ben Smith from BBC said the same thing too.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20158: Feb 02, 2016 02:53:52 pm

some would say they wrote it.
      I see the owners duty as ensuring club progresses and achieves the standards the history of the club demands they have had 5 years to do this.
      They have been found to be lacking in the understanding of what it takes to run a Premier League club which needs to be at the higher end of the top national and European Competitions.
      Money has been spent but poorly but they have sold well to the determent of the club.
      Their first season saw us in 6th last season 6th that is not progress.
      They do not seem to concerned about on field performances as long as the revenues continue to rise having owners who seem unconcerned whether team win or loses is not a good thing for the Fans
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20159: Feb 02, 2016 02:54:53 pm
      Just from someone on twitter (Jay Riley) who I take his word most of the time because he got so many stories right in the past, especially Rodgers getting the sack after Everton and Klopp becoming the new manager.

Also Chris Bascombe in his article before the transfer window h said that FSG are willing to back Klopp with any signing he wants. Ben Smith from BBC said the same thing too.

so you have no evidence then because the consensus is we offered approx. Ā£25mil not Ā£38mil as you suggest.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #20160: Feb 02, 2016 02:58:08 pm
      so you have no evidence then because the consensus is we offered approx. Ā£25mil not Ā£38mil as you suggest.

No, I was saying we wanted to offer 38m but Klopp said no.

Do you have any evidence that FSG are not backing the manager? or saying it in public that Klopp has to abide by their rules?

Also no.

No one really knows, but I'm taking the words of reliable journos who know more on what is happening, call it a leap of faith if you like.

Anfield HQ ā€@AnfieldHQ  3h3 hours ago
      Klopp could not have made it clearer the bidding for Teixeira ended not only with his support, but also at his request. (Chris Bascombe)

Spion Klopp ā€@Jay_78_  18h18 hours ago
      Latest I've heard on Teixeira is, club said to Klopp they'd be prepared to pay Ā£38m asking price & gave Klopp the last word & he decided no

From Bascombe's article

Klopp ā€œcould not have made it clearer the bidding for Teixeira ended not only with his support, but also at his request. He has other players he wants who will be available in the summer and not now. Heā€™ll have a significant budget before next season.ā€

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/02/no-deals-no-problem-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-on-lack-of-signings-at-liverpool-this-winter/
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20161: Feb 02, 2016 03:06:42 pm
      No, I was saying we wanted to offer 38m but Klopp said no.

That doesn't actually surprise me tbh mate.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #20162: Feb 02, 2016 03:11:02 pm
      That doesn't actually surprise me tbh mate.

As much as I'm disappointed with not improving our team in the summer, I have to respect the manager's decision this  time. Only time will tell and we should wait until the summer to see what's going to happen.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #20163: Feb 02, 2016 03:13:18 pm
      I'm sure Klopp will get plenty of money in the summer and we can all go back to complaining that we're always being taken to the cleaners by other clubs!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #20164: Feb 02, 2016 03:16:14 pm
      I have no problem with us not signing Texiera what bothers me is that our Scouts and our transfer committee think we do not need  any additional players when its clear we are desperately short of goal scorers. Its done now so we go with what we have. My earlier point is that 5 years into their project FSG have done little to improve the results on the pitch but they have spent considerable time on increasing the revenue. of the club.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20165: Feb 02, 2016 03:20:45 pm
      As much as I'm disappointed with not improving our team in the summer, I have to respect the manager's decision this  time. Only time will tell and we should wait until the summer to see what's going to happen.

I didn't expect us to sign anyone this window mate unless like JĆ¼rgen said, somebody he's interested in becomes available for the right price.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20166: Feb 02, 2016 03:21:46 pm

Let's see in the summer

Maybe if they wanted to back the manager they might have had an alternative target lined up just in case the Teixiera deal couldn't go through ?

I don't blame anyone for the Tex deal not going through as they were asking ridiculous money for him, I blame them for not having a backup target and for wasting so much time on a deal again that just made us look incompetent.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #20167: Feb 02, 2016 03:25:23 pm
      I have no problem with us not signing Texiera what bothers me is that our Scouts and our transfer committee think we do not need  any additional players when its clear we are desperately short of goal scorers. Its done now so we go with what we have. My earlier point is that 5 years into their project FSG have done little to improve the results on the pitch but they have spent considerable time on increasing the revenue. of the club.

Maybe if they wanted to back the manager they might have had an alternative target lined up just in case the Teixiera deal couldn't go through ?

I don't blame anyone for the Tex deal not going through as they were asking ridiculous money for him, I blame them for not having a backup target and for wasting so much time on a deal again that just made us look incompetent.

Yes I agree, I think we wasted our time not looking for alternative targets, but maybe what Bascombe is saying has truth in it? maybe Klopp or TC are not willing to look for other targets because they have a few players in mind but the targets will only be available in the summer, so they decided to wait instead of pursuing other targets this Jan?

I just think we just need to be patient and see what happens. I might be wrong about keeping a bit of hope, but I would like to stay a bit optimistic.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #20168: Feb 02, 2016 03:26:07 pm
      From Bascombe's article

Klopp ā€œcould not have made it clearer the bidding for Teixeira ended not only with his support, but also at his request. He has other players he wants who will be available in the summer and not now. Heā€™ll have a significant budget before next season.ā€

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/02/no-deals-no-problem-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-on-lack-of-signings-at-liverpool-this-winter/

This is good to see; I want the gaffer to have total control over the budget and how this club does its business.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #20169: Feb 02, 2016 03:26:40 pm
      This is good to see; I want the gaffer to have total control over the budget and how this club does its business.

As posted previously mate 'hope springs eternal'.

This
      The suggestion that the owners have no interest whatever in the improvement of this club in a football context cannot be dismissed.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #20170: Feb 02, 2016 03:27:04 pm
      I didn't expect us to sign anyone this window mate unless like JĆ¼rgen said, somebody he's interested in becomes available for the right price.

This is why I'll be patient this time. No need to panic just yet.

Quick Reply