Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2769536 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #21091: Jan 27, 2017 05:15:29 pm
      So, now you've made that statement, the burden of proof is on you to show how we are treated differently from the Red Sox, bearing in mind both clubs can only spend what they earn, and don't take money off each other.
      It seems to me a pretty pointless task though, given the differences in how each sport works, but go ahead and show this proof that you have.
      Here you go !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19462018

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-owners-apologise-reds-10872060

They dont make these sort of mistake with the Red Sox, they don't make them because they care. In the 15 years he had been owner of the Red Sox he has never made an apologise like these .

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21092: Jan 27, 2017 05:25:23 pm
      Here you go !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19462018

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-owners-apologise-reds-10872060

They dont make these sort of mistake with the Red Sox, they don't make them because they care. In the 15 years he had been owner of the Red Sox he has never made an apologise like these .

So, what you're saying is that they don't care because they apologise for making a mistake?
      Really?
      You do know that an apology for a mistake suggests the opposite, don't you?
      If he didn't care, why would he apologise for making a mistake?

Plus, how do you know he's never apologised to Red Sox fans?
      A quick google search turns up thousands of results showing JH communicating with the Red Sox fans over their concerns.

He's done fairly well there in a sport that is not only completely different, but doesn't have a transfer system as such and also has a salary cap of sorts, although the system is somewhat convoluted.

Then we have the fact that JH has sod all to do with running Liverpool these days; it's all Mike Gordon and Tom Werner. JH deals almost exclusively with Red Sox, and leaves running LFC to Gordon; the very reason Gordon increased his holdings in FSG.

Clutching at straws doesn't even begin to describe this feeble attempt to somehow discredit JH.

Christ fella, if they were as bad as you try to make out, the internet would be awash with examples, but the best you can find is that he apologised for making a mistake?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21093: Jan 27, 2017 05:38:06 pm
      10,000 th post .

FSG    They built the stand .....  H and G did sweet F.A.
      Kopite78
      Reply #21094: Jan 27, 2017 05:40:33 pm
      What was the Churchill quote?

You can trust Americans to do the right thing

After they have tried everything else

;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21095: Jan 27, 2017 05:46:50 pm
      Swab let that owner thing go mate. Clear what he meant.

Also it appears that it was just your good self who took John W Henry's open apology thing as anything other than a PR gesture.

Nothing has changed since that letter, although at least with our plan of inaction this January we don't have to worry about our targets going elsewhere when another club outbids us.

It's the hope that kills you, at least this way we know we're not doing any business.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #21096: Jan 27, 2017 06:19:45 pm
      You know when we start losing when this thread kicks into life
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21097: Jan 27, 2017 07:17:16 pm
      Swab let that owner thing go mate. Clear what he meant.

Also it appears that it was just your good self who took John W Henry's open apology thing as anything other than a PR gesture.

Nothing has changed since that letter, although at least with our plan of inaction this January we don't have to worry about our targets going elsewhere when another club outbids us.

It's the hope that kills you, at least this way we know we're not doing any business.

Not really.
      Of course any apology contains an element of PR, but what does that prove (or not)?

It's really funny that you get Red Sox fans accusing FSG of taking money out of there to prop up Liverpool, but honestly, the idea that JH making a mistake means he doesn't give a F**k is truly deluded.

More to the point, I trust Klopp enough to take him at his word; he said he has money to spend, but he won't spend it just for the sake of it. Remind me again how that's the owners fault..

It's the same every window, up to and including people blaming the owners because the manager didn't buy the player they wanted, and never mind the managers preferences.
      If it weren't so sad, it'd be comical.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21098: Jan 27, 2017 07:29:21 pm
      F**k FSG! Still in it for the $$$$$ still don't give a F**k about 🏆🏆🏆🏆
      F**k them!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21099: Jan 27, 2017 07:35:04 pm
      F**k FSG! Still in it for the $$$$$ still don't give a F**k about 🏆🏆🏆🏆
      F**k them!

And yet Klopp said he has plenty of money.

Don't you pay attention to what the manager says?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21100: Jan 27, 2017 07:44:58 pm

Sure its not like the owners have talked sh*te about money before is it? We know their policy, its not going to change now, and yes I know that's how Jürgen rolls.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #21101: Jan 27, 2017 07:50:37 pm

Sure its not like the owners have talked sh*te about money before is it? We know their policy, its not going to change now, and yes I know that's how Jürgen rolls.

To me there are only three viable explanations coming off him signing a new 6 year deal last Summer.

1. Klopp is in cahoots with the owners basically binning off the supporters with rhetoric and deflecting from his benefactors FSG.

2. Klopp is a gullible fool who has been and continues to be hoodwinked by FSG and had his pants pulled down below his knees and can't get out.

3. Whether it be £30, 50 or 100 million he has money to spend but despite that is not going to change the way he has done business his entire managerial career.

Those are really the only options as to why we have purchased no one and or the idea of lack of support.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21102: Jan 27, 2017 07:53:27 pm

To me there are only three viable explanations coming off him signing a new 6 year deal last Summer.

1. Klopp is in cahoots with the owners basically binning off the supporters with rhetoric and deflecting from his benefactors FSG.

2. Klopp is a gullible fool who has been and continues to be hoodwinked by FSG and had his pants pulled down below his knees and can't get out.

3. Whether it be £30, 50 or 100 million he has money to spend but despite that is not going to change the way he has done business his entire managerial career.

Those are really the only options as to why we have purchased no one and or the idea of lack of support.

Option 4. He'd rather wait for his preferred target and not "buy someone for the sake of buying", as he has said in the past.

Really, if he has the money, the only reason for him not spending it, is because he doesn't want to.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #21103: Jan 27, 2017 07:55:20 pm
      Option 4. He'd rather wait for his preferred target and not "buy someone for the sake of buying", as he has said in the past.

Really, if he has the money, the only reason for him not spending it, is because he doesn't want to.

I kind of thought of that as option 3....but I understand your saying.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21104: Jan 27, 2017 07:57:49 pm

I agree with you. Klopp has his way of doing things, maybe it's stubbornness, maybe its the purist in him. He clearly a better manager than I'd ever be, but that doesn't mean he's doing the right thing, his preferred target is likely not the best player we can attract, probably not the best we can afford either, but it has to be the player Klopp wants in the end.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #21105: Jan 27, 2017 08:02:27 pm
      his preferred target is likely not the best player we can attract, probably not the best we can afford either, but it has to be the player Klopp wants in the end.

You take the good with the bad with anyone...unfortunately we cannot take what is the "Best of Klopp" and then ask him to be something that he is not.

End of the day he is one of the best managers on the planet and probably the best manager in terms of understanding LFC; however it does not make him infallible or perfect, but there is no other manager I would want at the club.
      Kopite78
      Reply #21106: Jan 27, 2017 08:07:03 pm
      I agree with you. Klopp has his way of doing things, maybe it's stubbornness, maybe its the purist in him. He clearly a better manager than I'd ever be, but that doesn't mean he's doing the right thing, his preferred target is likely not the best player we can attract, probably not the best we can afford either, but it has to be the player Klopp wants in the end.

What big clubs have signed any big player or really any player this window?  It's not just us it's a difficult window to do business in because teams don't want to sell their better players mid season

It's better to judge summer windows when the majority of big clubs do their work

What was our summer like? Maybe we could have done with a couple more but we did a lot of deals last summer in and out, we tried for a couple of others in the summer one of which we went back in for in January (Pulisic ) Next summer there will be less outs and hopefully more concentrations on ins, plus Klopp will have more of an idea what he needs and what the true demands of this league are

If we are in the CL next year I think then you can judge if Klopp likes top established players... we went for Gotze last summer and wouldn't come because of no CL
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21107: Jan 27, 2017 08:55:15 pm
      What big clubs have signed any big player or really any player this window?  It's not just us it's a difficult window to do business in because teams don't want to sell their better players mid season

It's better to judge summer windows when the majority of big clubs do their work

What was our summer like? Maybe we could have done with a couple more but we did a lot of deals last summer in and out, we tried for a couple of others in the summer one of which we went back in for in January (Pulisic ) Next summer there will be less outs and hopefully more concentrations on ins, plus Klopp will have more of an idea what he needs and what the true demands of this league are

If we are in the CL next year I think then you can judge if Klopp likes top established players... we went for Gotze last summer and wouldn't come because of no CL
      I'm placing my trust in Jürgen despite not agreeing with his transfer philosophy, he's the best manager we could have, so he'll have my backing until it becomes obvious we aren't progressing.
      I as supporter we'll obviously have less patience when it comes to squad building than Jürgen, I believe we could get there quicker by buying me ready made quality, but that's not Jurgens thing and I accept that four the time being.
      Kopite78
      Reply #21108: Jan 27, 2017 08:56:28 pm
      I'm placing my trust in Jürgen despite not agreeing with his transfer philosophy, he's the best manager we could have, so he'll have my backing until it becomes obvious we aren't progressing.
      I as a supporter week obviously have less patience when it comes to squad building than Jürgen, I believe we could get there quicker by buying me ready made quality, but that's not Jurgens thing and I accept that four the time being.

But you don't know he won't?

Once we have CL we will see
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #21109: Jan 27, 2017 09:15:36 pm
      But you don't know he won't?

Once we have CL we will see

Our current squad reflects the lack of European footy... Once a CL spot is secured the cheque book will be out..
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21110: Jan 27, 2017 09:37:26 pm
      Our current squad reflects the lack of European footy... Once a CL spot is secured the cheque book will be out..

Last time we qualified four the CL we sold Suarez and brought in Mario!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #21111: Jan 27, 2017 10:13:57 pm

Our current squad is involved in Prem league footy and there's no sign of the cheque book.
      Which prompts the question how the F**k do we ''secure'' CL qualification?
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 673 posts | 87 
      Reply #21112: Jan 27, 2017 10:24:57 pm
      The failure to get Dale Ali is the worst !

He wanted to come here, Rodgers wanted him. He is a Liverpool supporter but the owners would only offer him £4,000 a week. At that time MK Dons were paying him £3,500 a week.

Imagine that going from MK Dons (turnover less than £6 million) to Liverpool (turnover  £300 million) and only being offered a rise of 15%

A 15 % rise !
      Our turnover is FIFTY times that of MK Dons
      Our wage bill is TWENTY FIVE time their turnover 
      We paid Benteke more than MK Dons make in a year
      We offered Dale Ali £4,000 a week. Yet we were paying Ian Ayre £24,000 a week ?
      Eddio, what is the source of this information regarding the wages?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #21113: Jan 27, 2017 10:25:16 pm

Its 3.

Quick Reply