Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2756661 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #21988: Feb 28, 2017 04:49:45 pm
      Surely all Klopp has to do is stick to his guns and say 'no, I don't want him, I want him'?

No, you see Klopp didn't know that FSG were going to be telling him who could and couldn't buy.  He didn't ask that in the job interview. Silly boy that he is. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #21989: Feb 28, 2017 05:31:28 pm

Time is a concept as far as JWH&Co are concerned, seven years to them is the blink of an eyelid in a financial sense.
      To LFC supporters the idea of seven fruitless seasons and more of the same from the owners is fast overshadowing the PR and diversion that has also been a common factor in that timescale.

Nothing of any consequence can happen in the Summer, the task now is gargantuan because of past failings.
      The owners like some here will have no option but look for scapegoats to whitewash their failings, amid the bullshit LFC's lack of success continues unabated.
      « Last Edit: Mar 01, 2017 08:52:34 am by stuey »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #21990: Feb 28, 2017 05:45:37 pm
      Certainly will be a big summer esp for FSG, will they back the manager in the way we can all see this squad needs major investement.
      I'm not convinced in anything I have seen during their tenure here.

No doubt a Klopp will get the blame and we rinse and repeat.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #21991: Feb 28, 2017 07:29:55 pm
      6th
      8th
      7th
      2nd
      6th
      8th

What else is there to say? There's no hiding place from that. It's shocking.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #21992: Feb 28, 2017 07:42:45 pm
      6th
      8th
      7th
      2nd
      6th
      8th

I think it's safe to say that this was an anomaly.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #21993: Feb 28, 2017 07:46:02 pm
      I think it's safe to say that this was an anomaly.

Agree & indication on those places says 7th finish... Gives us that symmetry..
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #21994: Feb 28, 2017 07:49:11 pm
      l not fan of owners but god we sh*t against teams with F**k all spent still beat us
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #21995: Feb 28, 2017 08:12:28 pm
      Time is concept as far as JWH&Co are concerned, seven years to them is the blink of an eyelid in a financial sense.
      To LFC supporters the idea of seven fruitless seasons and more of the same from the owners is fast overshadowing the PR and diversion that has also been a common factor in that timescale.

Nothing of any consequence can happen in the Summer, the task now is gargantuan because of past failings.
      The owners like some here will have no option but look for scapegoats to whitewash their failings, amid the bullshit LFC's lack of success continues unabated.

Unfortunately, once again you speak nothing but the truth...

littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #21996: Mar 01, 2017 10:35:00 am
      People are not wearing enough hats !!
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #21997: Mar 01, 2017 02:08:19 pm
      6th
      8th
      7th
      2nd
      6th
      8th

That'll be FSG returning us to the summit then as they promised how many years ago now?

Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #21998: Mar 01, 2017 02:56:24 pm
      6th
      8th
      7th
      2nd
      6th
      8th

Yep, as said above, 2nd is an anomaly. A ghost in the machine if you will.

The FSG arselickers on here can try to blame each and every manager but they're not to be taken seriously anymore. Roughly on average always in and around the same position - it's nobody but FSG and their Transfer Committees fault which has strenuously fu**ed us up.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #21999: Mar 01, 2017 03:21:22 pm
      What i don't understand is , if all these fans in here despise FSG and are convinced they are to blame for all our woe's , why aren't they protesting at the ground instead of complaining on a Forum?

Come on , where are you? You f***in cowards . Take your banners and placards to the ground and make some noise . Maybe you could take a widescreen TV down to the ground so STUEY can take human form for a few hours , you know , like MAX HEADROOM . Let him give them a  b-b-b-b-bollocking !!

Crying about the Evil Empire on here will achieve F**k all. Hand out flyers outside the ground , you might find there are more people out there who feel as strongly as you.

Remember the ticket price protest? Result .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22000: Mar 01, 2017 03:28:46 pm

Told you shithead, you want to engage PM me.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #22001: Mar 01, 2017 08:41:58 pm
      6th
      8th
      7th
      2nd
      6th
      8th

They probably have some convoluted formulae that adds all that up and comes to 1st. You see, here's the thing. FSG keep trying to be smart about things but Football isn't terribly complicated. All you need are four things. Money to buy talented players and  proven winners, and hire a manager who knows what he's doing. Get those things and you win the league more often than you don't. We have the manager boxed off, now all we need is the money for the players. I won't be holding my breath.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #22002: Mar 01, 2017 09:12:55 pm
      Told you shithead, you want to engage PM me.

You want to get engaged ? Listen you creepy little weasel ,  how many times do i have to tell you i'm married !!

Now stop stalking me or i'm telling me Dad.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22003: Mar 02, 2017 12:24:19 am
      You want to get engaged ? Listen you creepy little weasel ,  how many times do i have to tell you i'm married !!

What a dickhead and you're a bad wum, go annoy somebody else moron I'm done with you.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22004: Mar 02, 2017 06:02:25 am
      This summer has got to be a watershed for FSG. Either they do what's needed to transform this team or face having the fans turn on them. Last chance FSG.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #22005: Mar 02, 2017 09:24:50 am
      I think they actually made £7m last summer, and spent nothing this January

That said, surely the new stand has to make quite a sizeable hole in any transfer kitty we might have?

I'm not sure what to think to be honest. But if our track record in the transfer window doesn't improve, I really do believe we will be mid table team. We're in and around that now, but we might just find ourselves planted there and hoping for Europa League now and again if something doesn't change.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #22006: Mar 02, 2017 09:34:47 am
      I think they actually made £7m last summer, and spent nothing this January

That said, surely the new stand has to make quite a sizeable hole in any transfer kitty we might have?

I'm not sure what to think to be honest. But if our track record in the transfer window doesn't improve, I really do believe we will be mid table team. We're in and around that now, but we might just find ourselves planted there and hoping for Europa League now and again if something doesn't change.

The trouble is, that isn't very far from the truth. Whilst us fans dream of returning to the glory days, the way things are going under the yanks, they wouldn't care if we were in a relegation battle year on year, as long as bucks keep rolling in. They've wasted far more money on young potential instead of PROVEN class players to be able to pull the wool over my eyes. It's a scam, nothing more...

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22007: Mar 02, 2017 10:13:03 am

Poor bants!
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #22008: Mar 02, 2017 11:31:44 am

Ignore Stuey- he's like the guy on the park bench shouting at the pigeons.

Whatever you do though don't go on his ignore list as he will jam the thread telling everyone else he is ignoring you twenty times a day.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #22009: Mar 02, 2017 11:35:51 am
      The trouble is, that isn't very far from the truth. Whilst us fans dream of returning to the glory days, the way things are going under the yanks, they wouldn't care if we were in a relegation battle year on year, as long as bucks keep rolling in. They've wasted far more money on young potential instead of PROVEN class players to be able to pull the wool over my eyes. It's a scam, nothing more...

It's the players job to provide the results on the pitch.

It's the managers job to decide on the players and tell them how to do it.

It's the owners job to pick the manager and give him funds.

Now FSG have upgraded the manager every time they have made a change. Everyone here was happy when they brought Klopp in. They have given him the funds which he has decided not to spend (you can guarantee that he got assurances before coming).

Now - they are doing THEIR job - why arent the manager and players doing likewise?

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #22010: Mar 02, 2017 11:51:55 am
      It's the players job to provide the results on the pitch.

It's the managers job to decide on the players and tell them how to do it.

It's the owners job to pick the manager and give him funds.

Now FSG have upgraded the manager every time they have made a change. Everyone here was happy when they brought Klopp in. They have given him the funds which he has decided not to spend (you can guarantee that he got assurances before coming).

Now - they are doing THEIR job - why arent the manager and players doing likewise?

Are you actually being serious with that comment?

"It's up to the players"...

What a F***ing retarded comment! Every c**t knows that, but when the quality isn't sufficient in depth, you're expecting them to be better than they are?

Once again, spouting drivel, with your pro FSG sentiment. Everyone and their dog knows these owners aren't interested you blinkered fool!

Quick Reply