Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2764542 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22080: Mar 03, 2017 03:30:47 pm
      Here's a spine for you

Reina
      Carra-Hypia
      Masch-Gerrard
      Alonso
      Torres

Good dat'.

w*nk material that is!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #22081: Mar 03, 2017 03:55:11 pm
      Saudi 'investment agreement' to be announced at Liverpool - here's why

Saudi club Al Nassr announce visit to Merseyside of royal family members

Members of the Saudi Arabia royal family are heading to Liverpool to announce an ā€œinvestment agreementā€ in the United Kingdom, it has been claimed.

HRH Faisal bin Turki will be part of a delegation set to take part in a press conference during a visit to Anfield according to the official Twitter account of Saudi football club Al Nassr, where he is the president.

The 43-year-old is the grandson of the late Prince Sultan, who was the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia from 2005 to 2011.

He is the son of Noura bint Sultan, the daughter of Prince Sultan, and has previously worked as an attache in the Saudi Embassy to the United States.

The ECHO understands that members of the Saudi royal family will be guests tomorrow at the Liverpool v Arsenal game, but any investment deal set to be announced does not involve a stake in the football club but a link-up with club kit providers New Balance.

Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group have previously indicated they would be open to the idea of a minority investment in the club from elsewhere.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/saudi-investment-agreement-announced-liverpool-12687560

Hope the lazy cu*ts leave their escalators at home, seen on the news the other night the amount of sh*te they took to Indonesia for a state visit!!

You can hardly call it investment in the club if FSG refuse to change their failed recruitment philosophy. Where's the investment going to go exactly? The new training facility? To pay back the main stand? JWH's new Yacht? Investment is not worth a damn unless it's investment into a title winning team and that's the one thing they persistently refuse to invest in.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #22082: Mar 03, 2017 04:17:42 pm
      Don't they have those meetings every year where the owners meet with supporters to discuss financial, stuff?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #22083: Mar 03, 2017 05:22:48 pm
      I'm not there is plenty that Klopp has got wrong like picking Lucas, reacting too slowly in matches.

But too think he sat there trying to negotiate deals for Dahoud, Draxler, Chilwell etc etc is just ridiculous.

See this is what I don't get - prior to the Leicester match most of Klopp's critics would have started Lucas, insisting that Klaven was a load of sh*te.

They were all absolutely raving about him after the Spurs game. Now, after his shocker against Leicester, it's roles reversed - Klaven is way better than Lucas.

People can't make their minds up, so what authroity do they have to criticise Klopp? Don't get me wrong, he's got things wrong - having too much faith in this clusterfuck squad for starters.

But the underlying long term problem in all of this is that this squad was largely built over the last few years, using appallingly flawed strategy to buy cheap bargain bin players.

This is all down to FSG, and they must take the brunt of all criticisms for failure. With Brendan, it was easy to hide behind a young inexperienced manager, making it out to be all his fault, but now we have a world class coach proven in his ability to shrewdly build a world class team, then there is nowhere to hide anymore.
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2017 06:54:50 pm by Son Of A Gun »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #22084: Mar 03, 2017 05:34:48 pm
      You can hardly call it investment in the club if FSG refuse to change their failed recruitment philosophy. Where's the investment going to go exactly? The new training facility? To pay back the main stand? JWH's new Yacht? Investment is not worth a damn unless it's investment into a title winning team and that's the one thing they persistently refuse to invest in.

Exactly right, we're basically renting out Anfield for the benefit of New Balance? Really hope there's more to it and these lot jump ship.

Sure they've been asking for a "minor investment" basically covering all their initial outlay and therefore reducing the risk to 0 but even that would be welcome if it went anywhere near the manager's budget for both wages and playing staff.

It's bad when anything is announced you immediately have to think 'what's their angle'? Anyway, I wont be holding my breath for any exciting news.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22085: Mar 03, 2017 05:45:49 pm
      Exactly right, we're basically renting out Anfield for the benefit of New Balance? Really hope there's more to it and these lot jump ship.

Sure they've been asking for a "minor investment" basically covering all their initial outlay and therefore reducing the risk to 0 but even that would be welcome if it went anywhere near the manager's budget for both wages and playing staff.

It's bad when anything is announced you immediately have to think 'what's their angle'? Anyway, I wont be holding my breath for any exciting news.

It's a piss take if they're using Anfield for business that has no concern to us and instead is for our F***ing kit sponsor. Take them to the F***ing states and watch lacrosse or something.

Edit: Just seen a tweet from Anfield HQ about how they will be announcing a friendly between Liverpool & Al Nassr.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #22086: Mar 03, 2017 05:48:07 pm
      It's a piss take if they're using Anfield for business that has no concern to us and instead is for our f**king kit sponsor. Take them to the f**king states and watch lacrosse or something.

Agreed, surprised they haven't tried to sell tickets for it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22087: Mar 03, 2017 06:21:21 pm
      Whats the craic with these Saudis then? Anything to feel optimiatic about with regard to investment in the squad?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,416 posts | 3409 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #22088: Mar 03, 2017 06:31:41 pm
      Whats the craic with these Saudis then? Anything to feel optimiatic about with regard to investment in the squad?

Perhaps they are.looking for tips on off field torture to match the torture watching the team at the moment
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22089: Mar 03, 2017 08:32:54 pm
      Well whatever the craic FSG seem to have blew their load early on this one.

We've not even lost to Arsenal yet  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22090: Mar 03, 2017 09:03:13 pm

Nothing major (at this time) in the way of investment, they are looking at a piece of the action with the kit sponsors New Balance.
      Who knows where it could lead?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #22091: Mar 03, 2017 10:30:30 pm
       Am I the only one who doesn't quite get why this 'meeting' with the Saudis and New Balance is at Anfield?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      Reply #22092: Mar 03, 2017 10:43:26 pm
      Am I the only one who doesn't quite get why this 'meeting' with the Saudis and New Balance is at Anfield?
      Perhaps it's a smoke screen, perhaps it's about actual investment
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22093: Mar 04, 2017 03:36:08 pm
      Go back and read some of the older posts in here. Very interesting to see when the tide turns. We have forgotten the state we were in six years ago. I have not.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22094: Mar 04, 2017 03:47:57 pm
      Go back and read some of the older posts in here. Very interesting to see when the tide turns. We have forgotten the state we were in six years ago. I have not.

Nah but that's old news. We cant let these rape us up the bum because they 'saved' us.

In footballing terms we are no better off at all.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #22095: Mar 04, 2017 03:50:19 pm

Well how long can they live off that for? Seriously? Must we forever accept mediocrity because of the state we were in? F**k that, they are making a mint on us (or rather they will when they finally do one).

Good for you if you haven't forgotten, but I also haven't forgotten when we regularly competed for trophies and really wouldn't mind seeing that again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #22096: Mar 04, 2017 03:56:51 pm

I don't think anyone has forgotten Mags but I guess most are just frustrated that we seem to be no further forward.

Thinking just now and can anyone honestly say they can see us winning the title any time soon?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22097: Mar 04, 2017 04:41:09 pm
      Perhaps it's a smoke screen, perhaps it's about actual investment

For the meeting to be given the exposure that it has is significant not to mention personal representation at Anfield. It does seem quite involved for the reason given in the report.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22098: Mar 04, 2017 06:23:57 pm
      I don't think anyone has forgotten Mags but I guess most are just frustrated that we seem to be no further forward.

Thinking just now and can anyone honestly say they can see us winning the title any time soon?

But in my time on this earth we've been in with a chance of winning maybe twice? One of those times have been with FSG.

F**k all this, how long can you live of that for. They saved us, I'm forever grateful. You can say it could have been anyone, but it wasn't, it was them.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      Reply #22099: Mar 04, 2017 06:31:13 pm
      It is no surprise that one of the most consistent and impressive performers tonight and for the season, is Sadio Mane, who cost us Ā£36m

Please FSG take note.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22100: Mar 04, 2017 07:32:13 pm
      Absolutely superb win. Credit to the board and the owners who were instrumental in building this team and hiring this manager.

Outstanding lads.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #22101: Mar 04, 2017 07:56:28 pm

The expansion should have been done over a quarter of a century a go and the training ground has been under discussion for over a decade, it's a lot of off the field infrastructure that has been improved, so, as fans, we don't care.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22102: Mar 04, 2017 07:59:35 pm
      Absolutely superb win. Credit to the board and the owners who were instrumental in building this team and hiring this manager.

Outstanding lads.

Cracks have been papered over for sure! Definitely feels great to be top of the league! Oh wait!

Quick Reply