Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763452 times
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22425: May 05, 2017 10:12:49 pm
      I'm simply not convinced that all our woes are down to FSG. It never matters how much you spend as long as you spend it well.
      What you need is a strong manager who knows exactly what he wants and is prepared to demand this. Without the latter , all you have is non - football people playing games hoping to get lucky to make themselves look good.

Bad football people are only allowed to exist by poor , weak managers.  Any manager who is told by some bean counter or performance executive who he can buy is a fop.  Leadership is what we need and i thought we got the man to lead us.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22426: May 06, 2017 01:08:40 am
      FSG have admitted as much haven't they OR?

I'm not going to hammer them for developing the stadium no matter how its done as it's only a good thing for us.

If if was to neutralise our transfer budget then it would here a bad thing mate. A big stadium with a small squad only benefits FSG in the long run.
      If they go ahead with the extension, then it must be done in a way that doesn't effect matters on the field like it did with Arsenal, you know, having to sell players to buy players. Oh wait a minute! We're already doing that! 😵 arragh!
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22427: May 06, 2017 08:54:58 am
      If if was to neutralise our transfer budget then it would here a bad thing mate. A big stadium with a small squad only benefits FSG in the long run.
      If they go ahead with the extension, then it must be done in a way that doesn't effect matters on the field like it did with Arsenal, you know, having to sell players to buy players. Oh wait a minute! We're already doing that! 😵 arragh!

Its difficult to not to be cynical when you look a the depth of our squad

We need to spend some money on class players who will come into the teams and start fast. If we are in the CL (I think we will finish top 4) unless we get some class players, who settle quickly, we run the risk of having another season like 2014 - 15 
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #22428: May 15, 2017 12:08:05 pm
       John H creamed his nickers yesterday little Phill must have added a few more million to his transfer fee oh wait a minute he's not for sale at any price  :f_run: :f_run:there goes another
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22429: May 21, 2017 08:48:39 pm
      Another chance to show us what they are about.

Cl football is here again. The last time this happened we sold Suarez and bought in Lambert and Bolotelli.

Expecting better this time out. As always will be keeping an eye out during the silly season on what they leak and what they do.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #22430: May 21, 2017 09:09:56 pm
      Nice chance for them to show us, and more importantly, Jürgen, just how serious they are about taking this great club forward with some serious investment, in serious quality players.
      Anxiously waiting here.......
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22431: May 21, 2017 09:17:38 pm
      Nice chance for them to show us, and more importantly, Jürgen, just how serious they are about taking this great club forward with some serious investment, in serious quality players.

Especially when we made more from what we spent last summer.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #22432: May 22, 2017 03:40:32 am
      Time to put your wallet where your cigar is John.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017 03:57:14 am by Beerbelly »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22433: May 22, 2017 09:42:15 am
      Splash the Cash now Mo Fos !!!!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #22434: May 22, 2017 10:21:26 am
      top keeper, top cb, top defensive mid, top striker...about 120 mil should do it john cheers.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #22435: May 22, 2017 10:28:14 am
      Over to you Mr Henry
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22436: May 22, 2017 10:38:13 am

.....bring back Luis   ;D

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22437: May 22, 2017 11:00:21 am
      Get the Cheque book out JWH.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22438: May 22, 2017 11:18:25 am
      Time to put your wallet where your cigar is John.

Fat chance of that, he left it in the stands yesterday.

RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #22439: May 22, 2017 11:38:31 am
      Be interesting to see their approach this summer. Last time we made CL we were a team that was being broken up and there was no logic to our transfers.

This is a team that has developed and feels like it needs a couple more additions to challenge consistently.

Need to knock this selling our best players sh*t on the head (Coutinho) and signed players to compliment them this summer.

I think we need 3 players who can go straight into first XI - LB, striker and a CB would be my priorities. Then you have Milner as cover for LB but also effectively adding another body who can play in the midfield.

Get the quality in first and then look to players who are maybe required to pad the squad out a little.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #22440: May 22, 2017 11:54:58 am
      In all honesty, at the end of every season I was left with so much hope but it will always be a case of a 30 mil player or 25 mil player out and similar value of players coming in, so no difference in quality but will again take time for the players to gel and will hold us back. Same old same old for the last 7years. Tell me something that FSG will do differently this time and only when the first whistle is blown and I sees the players on the pitch I will only believe.

In the meantime, let's get used to being linked to every player available in the market. FSG simply hasn;t got the financial muscle or the desire to see this club win trophies.

7 years, yes 7 years, year in year out promises of all kinds and it is getting very tiring.

Hope that FSG proves me wrong this time, I doubt they will. If they did, they would have done it in the 3rd year not the 7th.

Sad, real sad.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22441: May 22, 2017 12:04:59 pm
      I've honestly got a feeling they will back Klopp to the hilt this summer, he's the manager they originally wanted, he's delivered them Champions league football on negative net spend with a relatively small squad and wage bill, we'll break our transfer record too imo.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #22442: May 22, 2017 05:05:25 pm
      I've honestly got a feeling they will back Klopp to the hilt this summer, he's the manager they originally wanted, he's delivered them Champions league football on negative net spend with a relatively small squad and wage bill, we'll break our transfer record too imo.
      Funny I look at it differently... They will tell Klopp "See it is possible to do it our way", so it will be once again,Champions league football on 10-20 mill net spend with a relatively small squad and wage bill...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #22443: May 22, 2017 05:17:48 pm
      Funny I look at it differently... They will tell Klopp "See it is possible to do it our way", so it will be once again,Champions league football on 10-20 mill net spend with a relatively small squad and wage bill...
      If we flog Sakho. Lovren, Moreno, Origi, Markovic, Flannagan, Stewart, Bogdan, Randall, Brannagan and Dunn we would get well over 100m+wages just from getting rid of underperforming and players we don't use. Add another 20 as you said... I'd be satisfied with 120m worth of talent coming in to replace players on the bench and on loan.
      « Last Edit: May 22, 2017 05:28:00 pm by Ribapuru »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22444: May 22, 2017 05:35:16 pm
      top keeper, top cb, top defensive mid, top striker...about 120 mil should do it john cheers.

We are not getting another keeper..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22445: May 22, 2017 07:04:26 pm
      There was a funny pic in the Echo yesterday, with Klopp standing with the owners after the match. Everyone was smiling broadly, except Henry who seemed to have a queasy look on his face. I'm sure it was just the timing of the pic, but it fit with what some of you say on here.  :)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22446: May 22, 2017 07:05:30 pm
      If we flog Sakho. Lovren, Moreno, Origi, Markovic, Flannagan, Stewart, Bogdan, Randall, Brannagan and Dunn we would get well over 100m+wages just from getting rid of underperforming and players we don't use. Add another 20 as you said... I'd be satisfied with 120m worth of talent coming in to replace players on the bench and on loan.

Those 11 guys make more than 100 million in yearly wages combined? Not sure about the Math there.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #22447: May 22, 2017 07:20:59 pm
      Those 11 guys make more than 100 million in yearly wages combined? Not sure about the Math there.
      I said 100m+wages which means 100m additional to wages. The + sign indicates that.
      List of operators here;

+ add
      - subtract
      * multiple
      / divide

I thought it might help you since it seemed you were unfamiliar with +.

Quick Reply