Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2755806 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22494: Jun 03, 2017 11:22:52 am
      While I might agree with some of that ,buying expensive players is hardly playing with cheat codes , unless that's what your implying we used to do when we was the top team in the land ,because believe it or not we used to buy expensive  pre prem era .

I don't mean buying expensive players necessarily, I was hinting more at overpaying for players consistently like City or PSG with no real accountability in regards to FFP.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #22495: Jun 03, 2017 11:28:42 am
      I don't mean buying expensive players necessarily, I was hinting more at overpaying for players consistently like City or PSG with no real accountability in regards to FFP.

FFP is apparently only for smaller clubs. Rich clubs don't have to worry about the rules.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22496: Jun 03, 2017 11:32:05 am
      FFP is apparently only for smaller clubs. Rich clubs don't have to worry about the rules.

Crazy isn't it. Am I right in thinking the punishment for breaking FFP is a fine? Something those clubs clearly don't care about anyway
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22497: Jun 03, 2017 11:49:00 am
      Of course we can't compete with City in terms of funds, are you lot deluded? The only way to do that is spunking our load away on one player, and we need more that one player.

We do not have as much money to spend as City, United, Chelsea or even Arsenal. Simple. We should not try to overpay for players just because they are willing to.

50 million for Martial, 100 million for Pogba, 50 million for Stones and Sterling. No f**king thanks, you want owners stupid enough to green light those moves and throw that money down the drain you can have them. I'd rather have people with a financial plan not a soulless blank cheque book, it's like playing with cheat codes, f**k that.

Great Post
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22498: Jun 03, 2017 11:58:46 am
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #22499: Jun 03, 2017 12:00:02 pm

Thats what I agreed with and your right we cant have a scatter gun approach to players like them , when /if we spend big we need it to be a success we just cant bin the money off like them .
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22500: Jun 03, 2017 01:02:38 pm
      Of course we can't compete with City in terms of funds, are you lot deluded? The only way to do that is spunking our load away on one player, and we need more that one player.

We do not have as much money to spend as City, United, Chelsea or even Arsenal. Simple. We should not try to overpay for players just because they are willing to.

50 million for Martial, 100 million for Pogba, 50 million for Stones and Sterling. No f**king thanks, you want owners stupid enough to green light those moves and throw that money down the drain you can have them. I'd rather have people with a financial plan not a soulless blank cheque book, it's like playing with cheat codes, f**k that.
      Pity our owners didn't green light the £10,000 a week wages that would of got Dele Alli to sign for us!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22501: Jun 03, 2017 02:29:09 pm
      Pity our owners didn't green light the £10,000 a week wages that would of got Dele Alli to sign for us!

I seem to remember that following some absolutely woeful gaffs, not acknowledged of course, JWH assured one and all he would learn by his mistakes!!
      Fairy muff, Jürgen Klopp is a step in the right direction but it does remain to be seen if previous   shortcomings regarding quality not potential are addressed
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22502: Jun 03, 2017 05:35:01 pm

I thought Gerrard slept in?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22503: Jun 04, 2017 09:53:22 am
      Think my patience with FSG has finally worn out after yet again acting like a bunch of F***ing amateurs in another transfer deal. I couldn't care less about the money that we would have been giving in any Van Dijk deal and they couldn't really either if they did originally offer enough to get him (before trying to alter the agreement).

I have no confidence in them whatsoever in trying to sign Keita, that's going to be a non-starter before it even begins.

What pisses me off more is that if this was baseball then Van Dijk would have been signed last week but for some reason they seem to have wanted to F**k up every manager's first choice since they've been here.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #22504: Jun 04, 2017 10:42:56 am
      Yep, it's pretty clear their aim is to make the club middling, mid table material. That's certainly the best way to maximize their investment.

Ok, fair enough they are a business unit and their main objective is profit but they have to also ensure that the club win trophies and make the fans happy that would also be translated to more profits; increase in fan base, greater revenue in advertising etc.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #22505: Jun 04, 2017 12:04:53 pm
      Ok, fair enough they are a business unit and their main objective is profit but they have to also ensure that the club win trophies and make the fans happy that would also be translated to more profits; increase in fan base, greater revenue in advertising etc.

You'd think so wouldn't you? If only our buying showed half the ambition of a club like City who seem to be buying almost incredulously because they aren't happy with third.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #22506: Jun 04, 2017 01:49:01 pm
      They'll blow the Salah one too - and that's the apparent second choice after Brandt, mark my words.

Not to worry guys, we can't get our first or second choices, so let's gear ourselves up for some average tw*t like Jake Livermore, amongst other mediocrity like Michael Keane, arriving through the Shankly Gates.

FSG logic. Unambitious to a tee, getting in the top four is the height of their ambitions folks.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #22507: Jun 04, 2017 01:50:13 pm
      Think my patience with FSG has finally worn out after yet again acting like a bunch of f**king amateurs in another transfer deal. I couldn't care less about the money that we would have been giving in any Van Dijk deal and they couldn't really either if they did originally offer enough to get him (before trying to alter the agreement).

I have no confidence in them whatsoever in trying to sign Keita, that's going to be a non-starter before it even begins.

What pisses me off more is that if this was baseball then Van Dijk would have been signed last week but for some reason they seem to have wanted to f**k up every manager's first choice since they've been here.

Mate, f**k that and don't worry - FSG will be selling us the 'world class' dream that is Michael Keane as the backup option.

Tw*ts.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,162 posts | 829 
      Reply #22508: Jun 04, 2017 05:19:03 pm
      They'll blow the Salah one too - and that's the apparent second choice after Brandt, mark my words.

Not to worry guys, we can't get our first or second choices, so let's gear ourselves up for some average tw*t like Jake Livermore, amongst other mediocrity like Michael Keane, arriving through the Shankly Gates.

FSG logic. Unambitious to a tee, getting in the top four is the height of their ambitions folks.

We're getting Salah don't worry
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #22509: Jun 05, 2017 12:53:57 am
      I'll wait until the transfer windows actually open before throwing a tantrum.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22510: Jun 05, 2017 01:12:54 am
      I'll wait until the transfer windows actually open before throwing a tantrum.

I'll wait until it closes ...... then I just might .

Or not ...as the case may be.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #22511: Jun 05, 2017 07:49:35 am
      I would be very interested to see how many of the FSG haters also hate their boss at work or have some underlying issue with authority.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22512: Jun 05, 2017 08:09:09 am
      I would be very interested to see how many of the FSG haters also hate their boss at work or have some underlying issue with authority.
      By the same token does that mean you wonder if everyone who likes FSG are good boys and girls who know their place?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22513: Jun 05, 2017 09:05:59 am

To be fair mate the generalisation you suggest in 'FSG haters' is a faulted premise
      Pointing out discrepancies in their modus operandi and handling of football related issues hardly qualifies ingrained hatred; moreso when the actual performance levels fall far short of people's expectations in every year of FSG's tenure.

Despite assurances from the highest level that lessons have been learned, managers and executive  haveing been shuffled over the years, we are still as far from major trophies as we ever were.
      In Klopp we do have a manager capable of capturing glory, with the correct accessories that is.
      Once again we are in limbo, some would say trepidation as transfer opportunities loom and acquiring tools for the job in hand presents itself.

It is hardly coincidental that these windows of opportunity have remained closed and supporters have become cynical with the year on year failure to restructure a faltering team under FSG,  yet once again there is hope and maybe a little more optimism, that said we are a long way off the H&G general hatred days.
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2017 12:17:52 pm by stuey »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22514: Jun 05, 2017 09:31:46 am
      I'll wait until it closes ...... then I just might .

Or not ...as the case may be.

I'm going to wait until February '18' when we're out of all the cups, lie about 10th in the league and have to play in outer Mongolia in the Europa Cup on a Thursday night and then have to play the MUtants away on the Sunday,

We're all doomed in a corporal Fraser voice,  'DOOMED'  I say!!

YNWA
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #22515: Jun 05, 2017 10:51:22 am
      You'd think so wouldn't you? If only our buying showed half the ambition of a club like City who seem to be buying almost incredulously because they aren't happy with third.

That's what many fans are asking including me; does FSG has the hunger to win trophies. Are their ambitions in line with that of the fans? I don't want to sound like a defeatist but 7 going to 8 years seeing the same thing year in year out doesn't leave me with  much hope. We'll always be the nearly men as long as FSG is around. I sound hopeless but again I'm being honest for saying that.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22516: Jun 05, 2017 01:08:36 pm
      I hope I'm sensationally wrong here but I can't help think that now that we have virtually achieved a CL spot our owners are satisfied with that, maybe we should be renamed goonerpool!

Maybe we will become the new "we're happy with 4th" having dethroned Wenger's under achievers,

It's probably too early to be making the 'FSG OUT' banners just yet, but it just might come to that in the not too distant future??

YNWA

Quick Reply