Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2756247 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #22724: Jun 27, 2017 01:14:22 pm
      Sticks in the  throat that .

Whose watch was that on ?

Stevie Wonder's?
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #22725: Jul 07, 2017 11:39:42 am
      I have supported FSG from day one but now it seems to me all the news about us having big transfer war chest is just a smokescreen. They are just gonna come out and say after we dont buy these players that they weren't available.

I want these Yanks out as soon as possible. Only good thing they have done is brought Klopp on board but it all comes down to LFC being a giant club so they can't take full credit.

Trust me, any of these signings we're being connected to wont come.

FSG OUT!!!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22726: Jul 07, 2017 01:58:50 pm
      I honestly don't get the big deal here...

Why are people calling for their heads one day into pre season. The immaturity on here is palpable. Give it a rest. Come deadline day if we've not signed quality then I'll be as annoyed, but I'm not getting wound up for literally no reason at the moment. Relax reds, go out, have a beer and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, let our people do their jobs and I predict whoever comes in does a great job.

My big worry now is too many have cemented their view and if FSG deliver it still won't be enough because of the rife immaturity. People will get exactly what they asked for and still moan, exactly what happened with the Salah deal.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #22727: Jul 07, 2017 03:13:48 pm
      Not asking fsg spent 70 million on one player but least their spent 25 plus on good midfielder and same for left back and cback Lt joke milliner and Lucas playing in wrong position must be players out their we get
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22728: Jul 07, 2017 06:12:04 pm
      I have supported FSG from day one but now it seems to me all the news about us having big transfer war chest is just a smokescreen. They are just gonna come out and say after we dont buy these players that they weren't available.

I want these Yanks out as soon as possible. Only good thing they have done is brought Klopp on board but it all comes down to LFC being a giant club so they can't take full credit.

Trust me, any of these signings we're being connected to wont come.

FSG OUT!!!

You mean like Salah?

OK.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #22729: Jul 07, 2017 10:57:20 pm
      Are we honestly gonna spend 70 Mil on VvD,  70 Mil on Keita, after having spent nearly 40 mil on Mo Salah ?.
      Love it, but I cant see that happening,    given thier record.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #22730: Jul 08, 2017 01:50:20 am
      It's this season or bust. They should ar least be able to fork out150MM + after a quiet Jan, and positive balance after last summers transfer window. They still havent blow all the Suarez / Sterling cash. If FSG don't tip out the bucket now that we're in the Champions League, with Juergen Klopp at the helm, there is no chance for them.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #22731: Jul 08, 2017 02:39:22 am
      We made top 4 under this lot previously and we didn't seize the opportunity. Now Klopp has gotten us into the top 4 with a negative net spend, have this lot got the stomach to seize the moment this time around? I certainly have my doubts, given their moneyball theory and the hope they had in FFP evening things out. However, it seems football has recently gone the other way with absolutely ludicrous prices in the game now, the very antithesis of all things FSG & Liverpool F.C.

The talk of attracting talent was partly due to the world class manager we now have, but more so was the lure of Champions League football. That was always the convenient excuse as we've hardly been in the tournament, and yet Arsenal sign a beast of a player with no CL football to offer, Arsenal FFS! Our mirror cousins in football transfer still persuaded a hot talent without the lure of CL football. It obviously took massive fan unrest and pressure on Wenger from their failures last season; now to be seen to be doing something this summer in the market to placate fans. Seeing as we're mimicking those from Woolwich is it really going to take massive unrest for our lot to live a bit more dangerously?
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2017 04:29:17 am by Beerbelly »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #22732: Jul 08, 2017 04:58:22 am
      i honestly think we may end up having a season like the one when things went bad for Brendan at this rate.

Similar things are happening. We're losing out on our desired targets and We have champs league football next season. this means more games. our squad will be stretched and there are still glaring issues with the squad. I think peoples concerns are warranted.

Other clubs around us are already making serious improvements to their squad.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #22733: Jul 08, 2017 08:17:34 am
      I've always been pretty critical of FSG but let's see how the next couple of weeks go. The market has gone ridiculous, it seems like a decent young talent costs a minimum of £50 million, I mean £75 million for Lukaku ffs,it's crazy. Market seems to have spiked by 50-60% and you have to wonder when it will burst. FSG struggled to operate in last year's market place let alone this year.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #22734: Jul 08, 2017 03:16:19 pm
      I've always been pretty critical of FSG but let's see how the next couple of weeks go. The market has gone ridiculous, it seems like a decent young talent costs a minimum of £50 million, I mean £75 million for Lukaku ffs,it's crazy. Market seems to have spiked by 50-60% and you have to wonder when it will burst. FSG struggled to operate in last year's market place let alone this year.

They've got the money mate.
      Extra TV revenue (and prize money), and CL footy as well.
      I think the extra TV money is what has made the market go crazy.

We'll see, but money shouldn't be an issue.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22735: Jul 09, 2017 04:02:19 am
      I don't think we are going to get anyone else in. Just a lot of huff and puff and bullshit news stories. That's my opinion anyway. Hope I'm wrong.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #22736: Jul 10, 2017 07:13:38 pm
      Something else for the owners to apologise about!!

The new Klopp keyrings - that look like Harold Shipman.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #22737: Jul 10, 2017 07:24:41 pm

I'm sure the artist that originally sent that off to manufacture is fuming, I could draw a better likeness to JK while blindfolded, pissed and using only the toes on my least dominant foot.

Although with our owners it probably comes with a written apology engraved on the back.

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #22738: Jul 10, 2017 07:34:27 pm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #22739: Jul 11, 2017 09:27:36 am

Maybe it's a psychological thing to get player out of the treatment room quicker.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22740: Jul 13, 2017 04:41:57 pm
      LFC no longer in the Forbes top 50 most valuable clubs in the world.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-drop-out-forbes-top-13325635

JWH&Co shouldn't be alarmed, they will still get a very good return off LFC.
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2017 04:47:49 pm by stuey »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #22741: Jul 18, 2017 06:48:40 am
      Anyone seen that twatter footage of the gaffer and the players ignoring the fans while getting on a coach in Liverpool?

Can't tell when it was taken, as I think Lucas is first getting on the coach in the scene,

Don't know if this is some sort of policy now, but Firmino flat out refuses by waving his hands as if to say no, and Klopp looks well awkward as he ignores the people trying to get an autograph.

In the clip, somebody says 'please Daniel' to Sturridge and he's the first one who doesn't ignore and signs the memorabilia. Him and Milner signed and perhaps broke this policy (even if it is policy) - the rest of the squad flat out ignored the fans, and they all IMHO look pretty embarrassed.

Talk about building a divide, it was pretty sad to see these people get ignored like that - can only think it some sort of FSG policy.

EDIT: Here's the link:

https://twitter.com/LaurenceNew/status/886998238255034368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.givemesport.com%2F1102964-liverpool-fans-furious-with-the-clubs-policy-regarding-players-signing-autographs
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2017 08:54:10 am by Beerbelly »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #22742: Jul 18, 2017 06:51:11 am

:lmao:

Jürgen Shipman!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22743: Jul 18, 2017 08:55:26 am
      Anyone seen that twatter footage of the gaffer and the players ignoring the fans while getting on a coach in Liverpool?

Can't tell when it was taken, as I think Lucas is first getting on the coach in the scene,

Don't know if this is some sort of policy now, but Firmino flat out refuses by waving his hands as if to say no, and Klopp looks well awkward as he ignores the people trying to get an autograph.

In the clip, somebody says 'please Daniel' to Sturridge and he's the first one who doesn't ignore and signs the memorabilia. Him and Milner signed and perhaps broke this policy - the rest of the squad flat out ignored the fans, and they all IMHO look pretty embarrassed.

Talk about building a divide, it was pretty disgraceful to see these people get ignored like that - can only think it some sort of FSG policy.

https://twitter.com/LaurenceNew/status/886998238255034368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.givemesport.com%2F1102964-liverpool-fans-furious-with-the-clubs-policy-regarding-players-signing-autographs

It's a F***ing win up, the bitters are all over it on Facebook,  check it out when they arrive in Hong Kong, autographs galore.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22744: Jul 18, 2017 09:02:56 am
      It's a f**king win up, the bitters are all over it on Facebook,  check it out when they arrive in Hong Kong, autographs galore.

To all intents and purposes stuey it very much looks like a wind up.Maybe its left over from April the 1st.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #22745: Jul 18, 2017 09:07:41 am

In the clip, somebody says 'please Daniel' to Sturridge and he's the first one who doesn't ignore and signs the memorabilia. Him and Milner signed and perhaps broke this policy (even if it is policy) - the rest of the squad flat out ignored the fans, and they all IMHO look pretty embarrassed.

Talk about building a divide, it was pretty sad to see these people get ignored like that - can only think it some sort of FSG policy.

I've seen it and it's a sad thing to see.

Fair play to Danny and Milner for ignoring the obvious club line and I'd like to think I'd do the same in that scenario.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #22746: Jul 18, 2017 12:21:53 pm
      It's from last season, not signing autographs outside the training ground because it's too crowded and a danger to have so many people there? Have we not been over this?

Quick Reply