Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2762393 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23069: Aug 31, 2017 09:34:06 pm
      Do you try to be the MOST condescending pr**k on the forum or does it happen with no effort?

oops, did someone slag your precious ITK's?
      Or are you worried I might take your title?

Here, have a lollipop, and well done you for the pluses.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,309 posts | 6374 
      Reply #23070: Aug 31, 2017 09:42:41 pm
      oops, did someone slag your precious ITK's?
      Or are you worried I might take your title?

Here, have a lollipop, and well done you for the pluses.

Precious ITK's? What does that have to do with anything? I'm only curious as to whether you are this big of a pr**k to people when you aren't hiding behind your keyboard or are you actually trying to make people hate your Internet "persona"?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #23071: Aug 31, 2017 09:47:13 pm
      I'm only curious as to whether you are this big of a pr**k to people

Be curious about it via PM.  It's not relevant to this thread.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23072: Aug 31, 2017 09:48:05 pm
      Precious ITK's? What does that have to do with anything? I'm only curious as to whether you are this big of a pr**k to people when you aren't hiding behind your keyboard or are you actually trying to make people hate your Internet "persona"?

Oh, I'm sorry, does me having an opinion about ITK's offend you?

You're very big on freedom to post an opinion when it's your own, but as we see yet again, that doesn't extend to other peoples opinions.

You've tried to pick a fight half a dozen times over so called ITK's because I take them with a pinch of salt, whereas you hang on their every word, so don't pretend it's about anything other than that.

Now calm down and have a lollipop deary before you burst a blood vessel.

Jeez, what a F***ing whopper.  :roll: getting his arse in an uproar over F***ing ITK's  :lmao:
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #23073: Aug 31, 2017 09:50:30 pm
      We are in the champions league for the second time in 9 years. We have one of the best managers in the world. We have had positive net spend for the last 3 transfer windows. We need to play 2 games a week to fight on 4 fronts. It was reported for months we would have best part of 200M to blow.

This window was a missed opportunity. We've ARGUABLY improved the squad. Not good enough.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,309 posts | 6374 
      Reply #23074: Aug 31, 2017 09:54:20 pm
      Be curious about it via PM.  It's not relevant to this thread.

No use JD, as you can see his just turns things around so he can create some narrative that he will then use to once again condescend to anyone that doesn't lap up the sh*t he peddles. WUM of the highest order.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23075: Aug 31, 2017 09:54:50 pm
      We are in the champions league for the second time in 9 years. We have one of the best managers in the world. We have had positive net spend for the last 3 transfer windows. We need to play 2 games a week to fight on 4 fronts. It was reported for months we would have best part of 200M to blow.

This window was a missed opportunity. We've ARGUABLY improved the squad. Not good enough.

If Klopp only wants specific players, what are we supposed to do?
      Either the fans OR the owners?

They can't force players on him, he'd walk.
      So, what's the answer, because the problem hasn't been a lack of money, it's been Klopps unwillingness to spend it.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #23076: Aug 31, 2017 10:02:58 pm
      If Klopp only wants specific players, what are we supposed to do?
      Either the fans OR the owners?

They can't force players on him, he'd walk.
      So, what's the answer, because the problem hasn't been a lack of money, it's been Klopps unwillingness to spend it.

Why didn't we up our bid for Lemar if price was the sticking point? Why didnt we let Coutinho leave if Klopp doesn't want him around if he's not 100% dedicated? City spend 200M+ every window. This is what we have to compete with. We should have had 200M+ net spend this window, 350M+ with Coutinho leaving. If Klopp wants a player and we haven't got a backup, price is no issue - we should keep bidding until our targets sign. Neymar to PSG proved every player has his price.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23077: Aug 31, 2017 10:08:24 pm

Manchester City TRANSFERS 17/18

Total market value arrivals:      £188.91m
      Total market value departures: £131.63m

Total market spend                   Â£57.28

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/transfers/verein/281/saison_id/2017
      Kopite78
      Reply #23078: Aug 31, 2017 10:13:17 pm

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/transfers/verein/281/saison_id/2017

Who have they sold for that amount? Doesn't seem right that

Biggest sale was that young striker to Leicester wasn't it unless I've missed something
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23079: Aug 31, 2017 10:14:03 pm
      Why didn't we up our bid for Lemar if price was the sticking point? Why didnt we let Coutinho leave if Klopp doesn't want him around if he's not 100% dedicated? City spend 200M+ every window. This is what we have to compete with. We should have had 200M+ net spend this window, 350M+ with Coutinho leaving. If Klopp wants a player and we haven't got a backup, price is no issue - we should keep bidding until our targets sign. Neymar to PSG proved every player has his price.

According to the latest internet "ITK" cobblers we weren't even in for Lemar.
      If you believe that sh*te, it all came from their side and was a bit of mischief making.

The only player we know for sure that Klopp wanted was VvD.
      So, the question is to Klopp; why were there no other targets?
      Not that I think he needs to explain himself btw, but I AM curious.

This is the reason I don't get into all the rumours and twitter sh*t; you just can't believe it.
      We know Klopp wanted VvD because he said he did, everything else is just speculation and internet nonsense.

So, the question becomes, do I think we should have signed a CB.
      Yes, unequivocally, yes.
      Why we didn't is something Klopp knows, because I sure as F**k don't, and to be honest I find it a bit baffling.
      As I posted earlier, the only thing I can think of is that he thinks Gomez can do a job when called on.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23080: Aug 31, 2017 10:18:43 pm
      Who have they sold for that amount? Doesn't seem right that

Biggest sale was that young striker to Leicester wasn't it unless I've missed something

Who knows; they had so many pricey youngsters on their books it was ridiculous.
      Just another way to get round FFP I suppose.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #23081: Aug 31, 2017 10:18:44 pm

That doesn't look right to me mate, unless I've missed some departures.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #23082: Aug 31, 2017 10:19:59 pm

Your missing around 100M give or take net spend;

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/alletransfers/verein/281

If you believe that sh*te, it all came from their side and was a bit of mischief making.

This is the reason I don't get into all the rumours and twitter sh*t; you just can't believe it.
      We know Klopp wanted VvD because he said he did, everything else is just speculation and internet nonsense.

Yes, unequivocally, yes.
      Why we didn't is something Klopp knows, because I sure as f**k don't, and to be honest I find it a bit baffling.
      As I posted earlier, the only thing I can think of is that he thinks Gomez can do a job when called on.

So you decide to believe Balague that we weren't in for him? Whos listening to ITK's now? Should have seen Melissa's burn;

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/903337416387375106

Did you even read my post? Yes its questionable Klopp didnt have any other transfer targets, but regardless he did and we didnt get them as kept lowballing...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #23083: Aug 31, 2017 10:23:21 pm

Your missing around 100M give or take net spend;

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/alletransfers/verein/281

So you decide to believe Balague that we weren't in for him? Whos listening to ITK's now? Should have seen Melissa's burn;

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/903337416387375106

Did you even read my post? Yes its questionable Klopp didnt have any other transfer targets, but regardless he did and we didnt get them as kept lowballing...

No, I don't believe any of them.

I didn't believe them when they said we were in for him or at any time over the last few days when people got so worked up.

Who did we lowball?
      Is that another buzzword?
      As far as I'm aware we didn't even put a bid in for VvD, so where does "lowball" come from?

My view is simple mate; when I see someone leaning on stuff at Melwood, we've signed them.
      Everything else is clickbait bullshit.
      Shanks Red Pony
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 16 
      Reply #23084: Aug 31, 2017 10:32:23 pm

Haven't we done this all before, Benito? Chuck money at it, is that all it's about? Lamar isn't proven (yet) and figures chucked around earlier were talking about €92m......Id rather we didn't join in the money burning competition. Look at City, they've chucked pots at it (and bought the money grabbing little toe rag who looks likely to disappear down the crapper- or Arsenal as it's known round here) and are they any better than us? Don't we expect to do them in a couple of weeks, with or without  Couts? Im not sure Pep is all that in the Premier League anyway.

Couts will knuckle down I think, on the promise of being let go next year. Worked in the past. I don't think he's a nasty lad, just a bit too easily led.

I'm up for a steady build. Think the way the recent negotiations have been conducted in a bit more privacy, are a lot more reassuring that we've learned some sort of lesson. What's it the Gooners say??? In Arsenne we trust, well I trust Herr Klopp more.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,309 posts | 6374 
      Reply #23085: Aug 31, 2017 10:34:47 pm
      I'm up for a steady build. Think the way the recent negotiations have been conducted in a bit more privacy, are a lot more reassuring that we've learned some sort of lesson. What's it the Gooners say??? In Arsenne we trust, well I trust Herr Klopp more.

Just curious...what do you consider steady? 3...4.....5 years? When should we be prepared to see this all pay off?

As for conducting things in privacy...doesn't really look like it. Journos were all over the Ox deal, all over the Lemar deal and there was obviously nothing to report on VVD because we did eff all.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #23086: Aug 31, 2017 10:37:36 pm

Look at it in terms of simply fees for incoming and fees for outgoings though.

Buying: £219.87
      Selling: £75.02
      Net.     : £144.85
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #23087: Aug 31, 2017 10:43:01 pm
      Look at it in terms of simply fees for incoming and fees for outgoings though.

Buying: £219.87
      Selling: £75.02
      Net.     : £144.85

Yup fixed that in another thread, thanks.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #23088: Aug 31, 2017 10:49:11 pm
      Yup fixed that in another thread, thanks.

No problem mate, I think the stats you had are their own valuations of players and not actual fees.

For instance we sold Lucas for 5 mil but they value him at 6.

We also paid 8mill for Robertson but they value him at 6.

On a plus note Pogba is valued at 65 mil now haha
      Shanks Red Pony
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 16 
      Reply #23089: Aug 31, 2017 11:05:15 pm
      Just curious...what do you consider steady? 3...4.....5 years? When should we be prepared to see this all pay off?

As for conducting things in privacy...doesn't really look like it. Journos were all over the Ox deal, all over the Lemar deal and there was obviously nothing to report on VVD because we did eff all.

What's the rush FL? We've waited 28 long years to win another title. JK's been here since 2015, so if he starts winning stuff this year I'd be ecstatic with that. Our starting point is way behind the others due to some inept signings, managers and ownership. We nearly went phut a few years back and now we're on the verge of something special, so I'm going to enjoy the journey, absolutely feckin hate it if we lose a game and wait for the good times. 3 years is fine by me, 4 years at a push if we're still progressing, but I can't see 5 years under JK happening (from his point of view).

Didn't we snatch the Ox from under the nose of the Chavs? VVD was an absolute cockup which I wont/ can't defend. Robbo came out of left field and looks a gem. Solanke could be one for the future but was a giveaway at a free.  Keita's in next year. Coutinho MIGHT stay, and if he does then we've shown some bollox in standing up to Barca.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #23090: Aug 31, 2017 11:05:54 pm
      A mediocre window. Whose fault that is - Edwards for not completing the deals, FSG for not providing enough funds or Jürgen's stubbornness - I have no idea. But I can't believe we're really going into the season with those centre backs. Feels like a real missed opportunity.

Sure, I think Klopp is a top class manager that may somehow do something special with the current squad - but we're not really helping ourselves as much as we could have.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #23091: Aug 31, 2017 11:07:39 pm

Yes, unequivocally, yes.
      Why we didn't is something Klopp knows, because I sure as f**k don't, and to be honest I find it a bit baffling.

The real question is why instead of dropping hints to the press about how VVD wanted to come to Liverpool etc etc we never actually made a bid before all this tapping up nonsense started
      « Last Edit: Aug 31, 2017 11:13:03 pm by shawspeed »

Quick Reply