Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642524 times
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23736: Jan 03, 2018 01:47:30 pm
      I’m just getting sick and tired of all this now
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #23737: Jan 03, 2018 01:58:12 pm
      Chris bascombe saying any sale of Coutinho would be done on Jürgen's sayso and not down to fsg

If correct, I’m happy with that.

That’s all I ever want for my club.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #23738: Jan 03, 2018 02:09:47 pm
      I’m just getting sick and tired of all this now

That's how it works, that's how you negotiate someone down. Just keep the pressure up, first in summer, then in January, through leaks and proclamations, involve the player & media, work them up, so that at some point LFC says: Enough, let's get over with it, let him move for 150 Mio. €, not knowing they could have gotten 180 Mio. € plus leaving just in summer. That's how you screw over people. Any pro knows it...or any kiddo with weak parents. :)

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #23739: Jan 03, 2018 02:17:59 pm
      Chris bascombe saying any sale of Coutinho would be done on Jürgen's sayso and not down to fsg

Yup, but you're not reading between the lines there mate *sarcasm*
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #23740: Jan 03, 2018 02:25:22 pm
      That's how it works, that's how you negotiate someone down. Just keep the pressure up, first in summer, then in January, through leaks and proclamations, involve the player & media, work them up, so that at some point LFC says: Enough, let's get over with it, let him move for 150 Mio. €, not knowing they could have gotten 180 Mio. € plus leaving just in summer. That's how you screw over people. Any pro knows it...or any kiddo with weak parents. :)

And those parents get nightmare kids that nobody likes.

Pretty sure Klopp has a much stronger will than that. But the whole undercurrent that "special" clubs, aligned with the sports marketing giants and agent class, are the ones that drive everything, that is what is really distasteful about the world game now. Klopp is a hero against that, acting with the motive of his club, his team and the competition. Football used to be like that, and he is true to his principles.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #23741: Jan 03, 2018 02:30:33 pm
      And those parents get nightmare kids that nobody likes.

Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #23742: Jan 03, 2018 06:07:24 pm
      Sell him for as much as we can get, but don't let him go until the end of the season. Let him moulder at home, if he doesn't want to play but don't pay him. He'll want to play to ensure he gets in the Brazilian team for the world cup.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #23743: Jan 03, 2018 07:15:47 pm
      For me, F**k all has changed since August, Coutinho is and will remain a asset of Liverpool FC, and no amount of money should alter this state of affairs unless a player of similar or better skillset is found/signed as a replacement this window,
      If rumours are to be believed that the signing of Lemar is Imminent and he will actually sign, i certainly won't be hanging out the bunting until he's holding a scarf  above his head in front of the new stand,

Its all bollocks in the grand scheme of things simply because its silly season and redtops & broadsheets battle for exclusive's,

Well i can't remember any paper taking the lead on the signing of Virgil, until it actually happened, read into that what you wll,

We hold all the card's here, we do not need or have the desire to sell, we are in the middle of the season, we are in prime position for a assault on the CL and top 3 in the league and the FA cup,
      So why the actual F**k would we agree to sell one of our best assets,
      Yes, he wants to go and play at Barca and yes his wish will most likely be granted, however, it makes no sense to let this happen mid-season,
      That is the stand i hope FSG take, that in no uncertain terms  Phillipe Coutinho will not be allowed to leave LFC THIS season,

Have a lovely and pleasant day.....

.....NOW F**k OFF !!

YNWA

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #23744: Jan 03, 2018 07:20:10 pm
      Sell him for as much as we can get, but don't let him go until the end of the season. Let him moulder at home, if he doesn't want to play but don't pay him. He'll want to play to ensure he gets in the Brazilian team for the world cup.

Yep if a deal was on I'd now be saying to both Phil and Barca...

Look it was ready to go through but we are going to have to wait until the summer and you can both thank Nike for that.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #23745: Jan 03, 2018 07:23:12 pm
      For me, F**k all has changed since August, Coutinho is and will remain a asset of Liverpool FC, and no amount of money should alter this state of affairs unless a player of similar or better skillset is found/signed as a replacement this window,
      If rumours are to be believed that the signing of Lemar is Imminent and he will actually sign, i certainly won't be hanging out the bunting until he's holding a scarf  above his head in front of the new stand,

Its all bollocks in the grand scheme of things simply because its silly season and redtops & broadsheets battle for exclusive's,

Well i can't remember any paper taking the lead on the signing of Virgil, until it actually happened, read into that what you wll,

We hold all the card's here, we do not need or have the desire to sell, we are in the middle of the season, we are in prime position for a assault on the CL and top 3 in the league and the FA cup,
      So why the actual f**k would we agree to sell one of our best assets,
      Yes, he wants to go and play at Barca and yes his wish will most likely be granted, however, it makes no sense to let this happen mid-season,
      That is the stand i hope FSG take, that in no uncertain terms  Phillipe Coutinho will not be allowed to leave LFC THIS season,

Have a lovely and pleasant day.....

.....NOW F**k OFF !!

YNWA

Post of the year!!!! Yes I know 🤪
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23746: Jan 03, 2018 08:10:27 pm
      it makes no sense to let this happen mid-season,
      I agree with this 100%

We are still in the CL - while I don't think we will win it he should want to stay and give it every chance

He will be cup tied if he goes to Barca

He is our best player

If he leaves mid season I will be well pissed off (if he ever leaves I will be pissed off)
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #23747: Jan 03, 2018 08:14:26 pm
      We won't get a better deal than this January imo. Come summer we all know he is gone but we won't get a higher fee than in January, whilst our hardball stance is still fresh in Barca's mind. Come summer we all know he is gone, so Barca will piss us around again and lowball us and I can't see us holding him then.

Final decision needs to rest with Jürgen, but FSG could quite feasibly get 130mill up front this window.

For me, I would sell if we have a replacement lined up and a deal done for this window. If not, I would take the hit on the fee in summer and sell him then, but either way he is gone. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #23748: Jan 03, 2018 08:21:07 pm
      We won't get a better deal than this January imo. Come summer we all know he is gone but we won't get a higher fee than in January, whilst our hardball stance is still fresh in Barca's mind. Come summer we all know he is gone, so Barca will piss us around again and lowball us and I can't see us holding him then.

Final decision needs to rest with Jürgen, but FSG could quite feasibly get 130mill up front this window.

For me, I would sell if we have a replacement lined up and a deal done for this window. If not, I would take the hit on the fee in summer and sell him then, but either way he is gone. 

Let's imagine he stays, we come second in league plus have a good run in CL and he then has a fantastic world Cup, mvp etc. Do you really not think his value would have appreciated?
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #23749: Jan 03, 2018 08:29:48 pm
      Let's imagine he stays, we come second in league plus have a good run in CL and he then has a fantastic world Cup, mvp etc. Do you really not think his value would have appreciated?

I think the context will have changed because he is 100% leaving this summer. They know we will sell, we know he will go, bargaining position becomes much weaker imo.

BUT he has been on fire this season and I also know the team must come first. If Jürgen doesn't think we can sustain a challenge without him then he should stay, but personally I think we can if we get a replacement in.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #23750: Jan 03, 2018 08:32:35 pm

You might be right about now being the best time to get the the best deal.

I can't for one moment believe our manager would choose to sell him now, if he goes it will be down to Phil and the owners.

As for having a replacement now I never expect a player to hit the ground running, personally I believe we should give a player at least half a season to settle in.

I don't expect VVD to have a real marked consistant effect on the defence till next season

If we let Phil go now we will be a case of putting finances before football
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #23751: Jan 03, 2018 11:06:15 pm
      Is it possible that guys like Ronaldo, Suarez or now Coutinho flee south, also because in the PL the game is played pretty harshly compared to other leagues? I feel there are four reasons they escape: Real and Barca are more famous, more money (because of the big south american market), better weather, softer football. The last two may sound silly, but if you are already a millioniare then those things might actually be a dealbreaker or -maker.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #23752: Jan 03, 2018 11:55:50 pm
      Is it possible that guys like Ronaldo, Suarez or now Coutinho flee south, also because in the PL the game is played pretty harshly compared to other leagues? I feel there are four reasons they escape: Real and Barca are more famous, more money (because of the big south american market), better weather, softer football. The last two may sound silly, but if you are already a millioniare then those things might actually be a dealbreaker or -maker.

The premier league is far more competitive and physical than any other league, so you are right in saying the game is "softer" in Spain. Money,medals, guarantee of C/L football. Language, culture play a part. Would a scouser like Gerrard go and play for Bocca Juniors and be as happy as a sandboy.

But Coutinho owes us nothing, he hasn't run down his contract and left on a free. Isn't that what a local lad did..Macmanaman. When Coutinho leaves I will wish him well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #23753: Jan 04, 2018 12:42:06 am
      The premier league is far more competitive and physical than any other league, so you are right in saying the game is "softer" in Spain. Money,medals, guarantee of C/L football. Language, culture play a part. Would a scouser like Gerrard go and play for Bocca Juniors and be as happy as a sandboy.

But Coutinho owes us nothing, he hasn't run down his contract and left on a free. Isn't that what a local lad did..Macmanaman. When Coutinho leaves I will wish him well.

What's wrong with running down your contract and leaving on a free? That's the way you are supposed to do it if you want a move, not sign a huge contract, pledge your allegiance to your club and then throw your toys out of the pram the day before the season starts and try to force a move the whole summer. Screw Coutinho....he'll never be a Liverpool legend and I don't care if he leaves and has success or not, I just want him to leave.

And I have no issue with him being moved on this window as long as replacements are lined up prior to him leaving (which is what I suggest is going to happen).

Jürgen is tired of his crap and I actually am too.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #23754: Jan 04, 2018 01:20:59 am
      Actually I agree, rather he run down his contract than do what he is doing. Also, I believe he owns Liverpool respect not behave the way he has been for the past 6 months. Hadn’t Liverpool  bought him from Inter he would probably be playing for Everton or some sithuse like that not about to become the seconds biggest transfer in the history of football.

Anyway I think we as a team are weaker without him so like I’ve said, better to keep him until the summer. Would have been better to sell him in the summer and got a replacement there than fold 5 months later and sell him in January where most players that can replace him are cup tied.

If Barcelona pays what he is worth he can F**k off in th summer, won’t wish him well because of the way he acted and because he’ll be probably playing for a team that, like Real Madrid, I don’t like at all.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #23755: Jan 04, 2018 02:08:16 am
      On Topic re FSG.

Maximum respect.

They've done the VVD deal for 75 million a world record fee for a defender.

Showed the world we are back up there at the top table again.

It shouts volumes.

Well done Mike Gordon, John Henry,  Tom Werner et al.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #23756: Jan 04, 2018 02:11:17 am

Macmanaman was a closet Bitter. Said everything.
      He got his pesetas , his Puerto Banus boat and walked around the Bernebau most matches ... he might as well have been having a ciggie in the game.

Bad taste that transfer left and laid a strategy for a while from the club ...ie knee jerking Robbie out.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #23757: Jan 04, 2018 03:31:46 am
      On Topic re FSG.

Maximum respect.

It shouts volumes.

I'm holding back on any praise over the VVD deal.

If we have only signed him because they intend to sell coutinho this window then i will be seriously miffed. It will feel like one step forward and two back with them yet again.

This is what I'd like to see. FSG taking a hard stance on the coutinho situation and refusing to sell him until the summer. It'll show clubs we won't be bullied into selling our best players but more importantly it'll give us a better chance of silverware and securing CL football for this season.

They sell him after coutinho tears the World Cup apart and we get as much as we can for him.

They then put every penny of that fee on 2 or 3 additions of the salah, Keita, mane, VVD calibre. That's when I'll start praising them.

They don't get any praise from me if they only make major signings once we sell our best player. No other big club operates like that.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #23758: Jan 04, 2018 06:31:23 am
      On Topic re FSG.

Maximum respect.

It shouts volumes.

I totally agree, that they can't hold Coutinho forever, I would sell him in January for a bigger fee than 133M and tell Barcelona that he will be theirs after the World Cup so a deal like Naby Keita, in the Summer.

Quick Reply