billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #23759: Jan 04, 2018 08:19:13 am
      On Topic re FSG.

Maximum respect.

They've done the VVD deal for 75 million a world record fee for a defender.

Showed the world we are back up there at the top table again.

It shouts volumes.

Well done Mike Gordon, John Henry,  Tom Werner et al.

Getting soft in yer old yrs mate, you need to go easy on the Werther's,....

....you are correct tho...although it has taken them 7+ years to get with it....we all can at least look forward to future transfer window's with added optimism .

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      Reply #23760: Jan 04, 2018 08:39:19 am
      I'm holding back on any praise over the VVD deal.

If we have only signed him because they intend to sell coutinho this window then i will be seriously miffed. It will feel like one step forward and two back with them yet again.

This is what I'd like to see. FSG taking a hard stance on the coutinho situation and refusing to sell him until the summer. It'll show clubs we won't be bullied into selling our best players but more importantly it'll give us a better chance of silverware and securing CL football for this season.

They sell him after coutinho tears the World Cup apart and we get as much as we can for him.

They then put every penny of that fee on 2 or 3 additions of the salah, Keita, mane, VVD calibre. That's when I'll start praising them.

They don't get any praise from me if they only make major signings once we sell our best player. No other big club operates like that.

See where your at H, and yes you have a very valid point, i agree we should hold our own over Coutinho until after the WC, and if Barca remain interested we can name our price, our valuation,
      I don't think we need to sell to buy, the VVD deal proves FSG are willing to back Jürgen,
      Coutinho will go for sure but not until we have a replacement in situ, the best deal would be keeping Coutinho for the rest of this season but allow him his move to Barca, that way we get a happy player giving his all, Barca get their man for next season and we as a club pocket £133m+,

Happy days,
      As for other top signings, Keita is Imminent, Lamar a step in the right direction, add a quality stopper, a actual top class DM, a striker such as Aubamuyang and we will be a match for any side on planet football,
      Not too much to ask for is it?

YNWA
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #23761: Jan 04, 2018 09:03:57 am

See where your at H, and yes you have a very valid point, i agree we should hold our own over Coutinho until after the WC, and if Barca remain interested we can name our price, our valuation,
      I don't think we need to sell to buy, the VVD deal proves FSG are willing to back Jürgen,
      Coutinho will go for sure but not until we have a replacement in situ, the best deal would be keeping Coutinho for the rest of this season but allow him his move to Barca, that way we get a happy player giving his all, Barca get their man for next season and we as a club pocket £133m+,

Happy days,
      As for other top signings, Keita is Imminent, Lamar a step in the right direction, add a quality stopper, a actual top class DM, a striker such as Aubamuyang and we will be a match for any side on planet football,
      Not too much to ask for is it?

YNWA

We'll have to wait and see mate but I have a horrible feeling coutinho will leave this month and no like for like replacement will come in. I think we've only signed VVD knowing full well that coutinho is going. I think Keita is the other signing that makes up the coutinho fee too.

If I'm wrong and we sign lemar or whoever else Jürgen wants as an immediate replacement for coutinho then I'll praise them but until then I'll hold off.

FSG have always given our managers money to spend that we've recouped from sales but that's about it. I don't trust them to sell coutinho this month and bring his replacement in immediately after we've just spent 75 on VVD.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #23762: Jan 04, 2018 02:16:19 pm
      Crossroads.

It seems Klopp wants Phil out as he's sick of the 'injuries' that happen when transfer windows open.

That being said, the money gained needs to be spent not used balancing the books.

I have backed the owners until now, but not replacing Phil with quality would be a huge dint in my confidence of them.

Here's hoping.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #23763: Jan 06, 2018 05:02:54 pm
      We don't need to sell him say FSG but let's do it in the middle of the season it's tasty money after all.

I really hate these cu*ts.

Not even annoyed or surprised anymore. I've done my arguing on here with fellow reds when they were all wanking over the deal for Virgil saying yes well done the owners finally spending out.....they are the real deal etc.

Enjoy because next year it's Salah and Firmino or Mane and it will continue until these cu*ts go.

Sign the deal but keep him until the summer would have been sensible but few pound notes and away they go.

F**k you.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #23764: Jan 06, 2018 05:04:01 pm
      We don't need to sell him say FSG but let's do it in the middle of the season it's tasty money after all.

I really hate these cu*ts.

Not even annoyed or surprised anymore. I've done my arguing on here with fellow reds when they were all wanking over the deal for Virgil saying yes well done the owners finally spending out.....they are the real deal etc.

Enjoy because next year it's Salah and Firmino or Mane and it will continue until these cu*ts go.

Sign the deal but keep him until the summer would have been sensible but few pound notes and away they go.

F**k you.

It was Klopp's decision. If you want to rail against FSG...see if they do nothing with the money...if that happens, they are going to (rightfully) get roasted.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #23765: Jan 06, 2018 05:06:59 pm
      Finally, I can let it go: Cuntinho, go to hell.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #23766: Jan 06, 2018 05:10:31 pm
      It seems Klopp wants Phil out as he's sick of the 'injuries' that happen when transfer windows open.

That'd mean Cuntinho's tactic came together. I can't imagine Klopp that naive & soft. IMO he must genuinely think the C*nt is not irreplacable. And in the mini-camp he wants to install a new system with somebody (Ox?) to take over the role of the forementioned sucker.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #23767: Jan 06, 2018 05:11:37 pm
      Crossroads.

That being said, the money gained needs to be spent not used balancing the books.

I have backed the owners until now, but not replacing Phil with quality would be a huge dint in my confidence of them.

Here's hoping.

Agree.  Not sure FSG  need to be slaughtered here the phantom injuries not helping camp and he wa ted to go end of. Far as I can see everyone did what they could my only gripe would be if no replacement found in the Window. Surely it was stick with us until Jan give your all and we will find someone
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #23768: Jan 06, 2018 05:14:30 pm
      Agree.  Not sure FSG  need to be slaughtered here the phantom injuries not helping camp and he wa ted to go end of. Far as I can see everyone did what they could my only gripe would be if no replacement found in the Window. Surely it was stick with us until Jan give your all and we will find someone

Only if FSG said go find someone we have the cash so if no one comes in you know the answer after all we would have been looking for 8 months.

You know the answer.

It will either be a "talent" for a few quid or no one as prices are high in January and all that sh*t.

Very very poor but expected.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #23769: Jan 06, 2018 05:16:17 pm
      Only if FSG said go find someone we have the cash so if no one comes in you know the answer after all we would have been looking for 8 months.

You know the answer.

It will either be a "talent" for a few quid or no one as prices are high in January and all that sh*t.

Very very poor but expected.

How about instead of completely jerking your knee out of socket we wait and see what happens. We don't have a game for like 9 days. There's time to bring some players in even before then. Let's keep the pitchforks ready but not out yet. ;)
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23770: Jan 06, 2018 05:22:50 pm
      Have I missed something? Haven't seen anything about a definite deal anywhere.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #23771: Jan 06, 2018 05:25:38 pm
      .see if they do nothing with the money

Always that chance/probability that it isn't the £142 million they're worrying about doing something with. I'm leaning to the liklihood that they were worrying more about the £75 million they spent last week.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #23772: Jan 06, 2018 05:25:39 pm
      How about instead of completely jerking your knee out of socket we wait and see what happens. We don't have a game for like 9 days. There's time to bring some players in even before then. Let's keep the pitchforks ready but not out yet. ;)

I know what  you're saying FL but my optimism with these owners died a long time ago I simply do not trust them at all.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #23773: Jan 06, 2018 05:30:51 pm
      Have I missed something? Haven't seen anything about a definite deal anywhere.

Paul Joyce who gets info from the club saying it's done for 142 mill and he travels to Barca tonight. Announcement later.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #23774: Jan 06, 2018 05:31:03 pm
      The next game is vs. City. Even if we'd fly in Messi he couldn't adjust that fast. We lose a bunch of quality while in the middle of a race for #4. That's risky. If it works out I'd congratulate Jürgen: In a season we couldn't win it all anyway, he made important changes that didn't influence CL competition. But if it doesn't work we might end up having money but no top player wants to come to us.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #23775: Jan 06, 2018 05:32:20 pm
      As Mr Shankly said. "If a player doesn't want to play for Liverpool, he doesn't deserve to wear a red shirt."

Bye Phil. Thanks for the memories.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      Reply #23776: Jan 06, 2018 05:37:46 pm
      Hate to say it but it looks increasingly likely he's going regardless, for once I'm in the FSG camp because i don't think any deal would have been struck without Jürgen sanctioning it,
      If its to be believed that Jürgen wanted him gone then thats probably sealed the deal, had he said 'Nein' FSG would have dug in their heels like they did on the summer,
      Now the next question is, will we see his replacement arrive before the window closes, that remains to be seen but for me he should be here now or at least in the periphery of signing,

Maybe he is, no one actually knows, so now its a waiting game, to see if indeed Coutinho has gone and if he has when will another come in ?

Don't anybody get holding your breath on the latter !

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #23777: Jan 06, 2018 05:40:22 pm
      Always that chance/probability that it isn't the £142 million they're worrying about doing something with. I'm leaning to the liklihood that they were worrying more about the £75 million they spent last week.

If that's true we are doomed to mediocrity.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23778: Jan 06, 2018 05:40:45 pm
      Crossroads.

Here's hoping.

I'll be gutted if we don't have a replacement lined up, this could screw up our season and I'm not overreacting.
      How many of Salah's goals came from build up pay involving our little playmaker?
      I'm worried to be honest 😮
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23779: Jan 06, 2018 05:44:27 pm
      Paul Joyce who gets info from the club saying it's done for 142 mill and he travels to Barca tonight. Announcement later.

Paul Joyce also said we were signing Van Dijk and Lamar on deadline day in the summer! But I do believe it this time, my only worry is that we'll accept some "cash up front with performance add-ons" type deal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #23780: Jan 06, 2018 05:49:10 pm
      Paul Joyce also said we were signing Van Dijk and Lamar on deadline day in the summer! But I do believe it this time, my only worry is that we'll accept some "cash up front with performance add-ons" type deal.

We did....105m up front, the rest in performance based add ons. Supposedly they are much more easily attainable as such but we'll see I suppose.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #23781: Jan 06, 2018 05:51:35 pm
      We did....105m up front, the rest in performance based add ons. Supposedly they are much more easily attainable as such but we'll see I suppose.

So in other words, they wanted him gone this window!

Quick Reply