Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2646833 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24380: Jul 30, 2018 10:41:51 am
      FSG are not committed owners they are committed business men they don't love the club the city or the fans and their net spend is just over £20 mil per season. Moores sold up because he could see how money was coming into the Premier league and he thought he could only commit £20 mil per season which would not compete with City,Chelsea or UTD its ironic that FSG have more or less followed his plans. FSG are riding on the back of Jürgen who clearly has developed a love of the Club the City and the Fans.

1 league Cup in 10 years isn't success for Liverpool but success for FSG is the value of their investment has risen to over £1 billion so who are the winners here the Club,the city and the fans or FSG?.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24381: Jul 30, 2018 10:46:37 am
      ‘Apart from a loan for Anfield’. There it is again, Stuey dismissing anything positive the owners do.

And I think it’s safe to say it’s a long term investment for them since they’ve been here 10 years now Stu.

10 years! Maybe time for you to change the record?

FSG stated they would not use their own money in financing the running of LFC, after gaining control of the club for a ridiculous £260m initially and loaning money for a ground extension, the investment that is LFC is now worth in excess of £1bn.

Still there is an abject refusal by FSG to feed the investment that is LFC, this in spite of the club being a proven asset and a license to print money.
      The monies used recently to acquire players that vastly improve our potential are from the Coutinho deal, we could have had the same scenario with the Suarez dosh but journey men were brought in with the expected result.

To think this is a massive shift in policy by the owners is a mistake as is any credit in our fortunes, all credit is down to Jürgen Klopp, without him we would still be in sh*t street with owners who refuse to invest in LFC.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #24382: Jul 30, 2018 10:59:59 am
      FSG are not committed owners they are committed business men they don't love the club the city or the fans and their net spend is just over £20 mil per season. Moores sold up because he could see how money was coming into the Premier league and he thought he could only commit £20 mil per season which would not compete with City,Chelsea or UTD its ironic that FSG have more or less followed his plans. FSG are riding on the back of Jürgen who clearly has developed a love of the Club the City and the Fans.

1 league Cup in 10 years isn't success for Liverpool but success for FSG is the value of their investment has risen to over £1 billion so who are the winners here the Club,the city and the fans or FSG?.

Couldn't agree more. It amazes me how people still jump to their defence and are quite passionate about it too.

If you were marking their ownership out of 10 you'd probably give them a 5. They've stabilised the books after the club was in a mess and they brought in klopp who's the best manager we could have wished for but as you say, it's trophies what matter and we simply haven't won enough under their ownership. One league cup in ten years is a bit of a farce.

What klopp has done is a miracle really. Getting shut of the likes of benteke, allen, skrtel, ibe, ward, smith, balotelli, Alberto, Stewart, sakho, coutinho (bad apple) and Lucas (past his best), raising the money to replace them with mane, salah, Virgil, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho, Robbo, Gini, Ox and Shaqiri. Net spend has been tiny and our squad is so much stronger now. Klopp has done a top job.

That isn't FSGs doing. It's all klopps. Those players listed above wouldn't have even signed if it wasn't for Klopp. As much as I liked Rodgers, if he was still in charge then we wouldn't have signed those players listed above simple as that.

The best thing FSG have ever done is bring in klopp and I treasure every day he's with us because I seriously worry for our future for when Jürgen decides to move on.

This is the best transfer window we've had under FSG so far. We've strengthened in key areas but more importantly, we haven't sold any key players. There is still two weeks of the window to go so I will judge it when it closes, but what is annoying me is how it seems klopp was given a choice either sign a new keeper or an attacking mid.  Originally we wanted the attacking mid but we weren't happy with his knee. At the same time, Karius continues making dire mistakes in pre season so our prioritities changed and we decided on the keeper instead.  The point being though, it shouldn't be one or the other, we need both, and we should sign both.

The money is there. Back to back CL qualifications including our prize money for reaching the final. The money we've made from the tv deals has gone through the roof too yet we're still only spending money on what we make through player sales.

There is no reason why FSG can't give klopp another 100m this window to bring in 1 or 2 more players and then we would seriously be in with a shout of winning the league.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24383: Jul 30, 2018 11:05:59 am
      Maybe that’s the only record he’s got? ;D

What - the record of none investment by FSG?
      Can you provide any record whatever of tangible investment in the years FSG have been here and creamed the club??

Acquired for a gift of £260m now worth over £1bn purely generated on the reputation and history of this great club,  built by people willing to sacrifice and support what it stands for - not sit in an office thousands of miles away contemplating interest rates.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24384: Jul 30, 2018 11:10:08 am
      FSG stated they would not use their own money in financing the running of LFC, after gaining control of the club for a ridiculous £260m initially and loaning money for a ground extension, the investment that is LFC is now worth in excess of £1bn.

Still there is an abject refusal by FSG to feed the investment that is LFC, this in spite of the club being a proven asset and a license to print money.
      The monies used recently to acquire players that vastly improve our potential are from the Coutinho deal, we could have had the same scenario with the Suarez dosh but journey men were brought in with the expected result.

To think this is a massive shift in policy by the owners is a mistake as is any credit in our fortunes, all credit is down to Jürgen Klopp, without him we would still be in sh*t street with owners who refuse to invest in LFC.

We were signing nobody’s with the Suarez money because we couldn’t get anyone else, we tried to get Sanchez, it didn’t happen, he rejected us.

Find it strange how anyone can try to pick fault with the owners this summer. We’ve spent near on 200mill, getting a 50mill refurbishment, we’ve not long had a stadium expansion.
      It’s perfect business sense if you can run something without having to use your own money, use the money the club generates instead, keeps you in a much secure position too.
      The biggest problem with FSG is that to begin with they didn’t know football, they tried to implement a strategy of signing players that wasn’t suitable for the Premier League. But for all the bad signings, there has been Suarez, Coutinho, Mane etc, all with the apparent money pinching or whatever. The other main fault is that they employed BR, a manager, that through no fault of his own, doesn’t have the appeal to the big players, the job was too big for him and had to rely on Gerrard for trying to get the big players. But we still tried to sign Salah previously, Willian, Sanchez etc, and you can bet if we had Klopp we would have gotten them. We are now in a position where we’ve had back to back top 4 finishes, cup finals and outspending everyone this year. They see us a long term investment, they are in it for the long haul which explains why they haven’t dipped into their own pocket much, but aside from City, we are looking the most sustainable team this year, something that has happened by not spending what we don’t have. People moaned about H&G taking out loans, spending what we didn’t have etc, yet when the current owners are trying to protect their investment, 8 years down the line, with a team that is now taking massive strides in a positive direction, signing quality players with a quality manager, you still get those almost desperate to still pick fault when in actual fact, what have they actually done wrong?

- stadium expansion
      - signing quality players
      - £50mill development
      - facilities improved
      - signs of the success coming back

Are these not things that we all wanted? They’ve taken their time but over the last year or 2, pretty much since Klopp took over, they finally seem to have understood how it works. Klopp essentially has a free reign, pretty much everything he wants, he gets.

Some people just need to let stuff go, they aren’t the best but there is a damn sight worse and I’d have thought after the nightmare of H&G, people would finally be happy with our current position.
      If we win literally every trophy possible next season, some people would still rather look at faults than give them any credit.
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2018 11:14:09 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24385: Jul 30, 2018 11:12:36 am

Sorry but your post contradicts itself Stuey, tut tut!
      You state that FSG said they would only invest what the club makes but then lambast them for keeping their word. The fact that the value of their asset has risen is irrelevant, that money is only realised when they sell up or are you a bit clear on how finance works? They could of course take out a loan against the club but that breaks their initial promise, so do you want them to break their promises or sit back and enjoy the fact that under Klopp we have signed the world's most expensive GK and Defender and assembled one of the most deadly attacks of any club plus a formidable midfield and defence. I just fail to understand what you and under people who complain want. Will you only be happy when we go out and buy Mbappe, Neymar and Messi all in the same window, to hell with how they fit into the team as long as we spend sh*t loads of cash?
      Kopite78
      Reply #24386: Jul 30, 2018 11:17:48 am
      I don't really get the argument anymore

They simply for me are in a position where they don't deserve criticism anymore but neither do they deserve lauding either. I can't praise them overly for doing what they are doing but they don't deserve slaughtering either as they aren't doing damage ala H&G

Don't hear from them too much which suits me.

They pulled off a masterstroke getting Klopp and he makes their model work

He deserves all the credit for making it work and us compete

They're owners, they do a job in the background where they should
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24387: Jul 30, 2018 11:20:30 am
      Couldn't agree more. It amazes me how people still jump to their defence and are quite passionate about it too.

If you were marking their ownership out of 10 you'd probably give them a 5. They've stabilised the books after the club was in a mess and they brought in klopp who's the best manager we could have wished for but as you say, it's trophies what matter and we simply haven't won enough under their ownership. One league cup in ten years is a bit of a farce.

What klopp has done is a miracle really. Getting shut of the likes of benteke, allen, skrtel, ibe, ward, smith, balotelli, Alberto, Stewart, sakho, coutinho (bad apple) and Lucas (past his best), raising the money to replace them with mane, salah, Virgil, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho, Robbo, Gini, Ox and Shaqiri. Net spend has been tiny and our squad is so much stronger now. Klopp has done a top job.

That isn't FSGs doing. It's all klopps. Those players listed above wouldn't have even signed if it wasn't for Klopp. As much as I liked Rodgers, if he was still in charge then we wouldn't have signed those players listed above simple as that.

The best thing FSG have ever done is bring in klopp and I treasure every day he's with us because I seriously worry for our future for when Jürgen decides to move on.

This is the best transfer window we've had under FSG so far. We've strengthened in key areas but more importantly, we haven't sold any key players. There is still two weeks of the window to go so I will judge it when it closes, but what is annoying me is how it seems klopp was given a choice either sign a new keeper or an attacking mid.  Originally we wanted the attacking mid but we weren't happy with his knee. At the same time, Karius continues making dire mistakes in pre season so our prioritities changed and we decided on the keeper instead.  The point being though, it shouldn't be one or the other, we need both, and we should sign both.

The money is there. Back to back CL qualifications including our prize money for reaching the final. The money we've made from the tv deals has gone through the roof too yet we're still only spending money on what we make through player sales.

There is no reason why FSG can't give klopp another 100m this window to bring in 1 or 2 more players and then we would seriously be in with a shout of winning the league.

2 upticks on this pile of bullshit, hmm let me guess Stuey and FL Red the miserable moaning trio, unable to take pleasure in anything, oh how I pity you three.
      5 out of 10 on owners who have brought in the most exciting manager in the world, completely turned around our marketing and commercial side, put the club on a very sound financial footing, form the brink of bankruptcy, and happily paid big bucks whenever the boss wanted it. I can assure you most clubs fans would happily swap their owners for ours.
      The line about GK or Attacking Midfielder is utter crap, the club would happily have spent on both but the reason we didn't go for Fekir was his potential bum knee. Klopp has shown time and time again that he will wait for his player, even if it means leaving a gap in the team/squad He won't just sign someone to satisfy the miserable moaning trio.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24388: Jul 30, 2018 11:22:57 am
      I don't really get the argument anymore

They simply for me are in a position where they don't deserve criticism anymore but neither do they deserve lauding either. I can't praise them overly for doing what they are doing but they don't deserve slaughtering either as they aren't doing damage ala H&G

Don't hear from them too much which suits me.

They pulled off a masterstroke getting Klopp and he makes their model work

He deserves all the credit for making it work and us compete

They're owners, they do a job in the background where they should

I agree, I think they have to be judged on what they have done since Jürgen came in, not before, even though they did plenty of good before as well but more on the commercial and financial side of the club which whilst not being sexy is still very important.
      Kopite78
      Reply #24389: Jul 30, 2018 11:27:05 am
      I agree, I think they have to be judged on what they have done since Jürgen came in, not before, even though they did plenty of good before as well but more on the commercial and financial side of the club which whilst not being sexy is still very important.

No you have to judge them since they walked through the door. That's the only fair way.
      It's like your Mrs constantly cheating on you for 5 years and then saying to you.. look I've not had another man's cock in my mouth since Saturday night.. can't you just judge me on Sunday and this morning?
      I'm loyal as F**k since then 

They made plenty of mistakes on the way and it's remiss to just scrub them out.

It was a masterstroke getting Jürgen as he makes the model work.. but it could also be described as luck or a last throw of the dice

Like I say right now they're sound.. but it took a very special manager to make it work

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2018 11:39:33 am by Kopite78 »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #24390: Jul 30, 2018 11:30:43 am
      Apart from the monies to stave off the bankruptcy process and a loan in respect of the modification of Anfield the owner's have failed to follow the business anthem of feeding an investment.
      Such procedure indicates faith in the company as a long term investment.

They haven't failed to follow the anthem, to fail would mean an attempt had been made and they said from day one that's not the way they would operate, so it seems to be a strange stick to beat them with. They have, instead, grown us organically, not without teething troubles. They aren't the holy grail of owners, but then the holy grail isn't a real thing,  it's a myth, like the perfect owner.
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2018 12:38:17 pm by Roddenberry »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #24391: Jul 30, 2018 11:41:06 am
      I agree, I think they have to be judged on what they have done since Jürgen came in, not before

:lmao: Talk about suiting somebodys agenda eh. 'Let's just judge FSG on the period where we've had some success'.

We were mid table before klopp came in. We will be mid table or worse when klopp moves on. That's if we continue with this sell to buy policy.

The position were in now is solely down to klopp. Sell to buy policies don't work, were just incredibly lucky we have a genius managing us who can convince top players to play for us and who can get the maximum out of what he's already got. Any other manager and we would be in big, big trouble.

So you think we would have still signed Alisson if the fekir desl went through? Fair enough, I don't though. Their previous form backs my argument much more than it does yours though pal.

You're deluded. You go on about how we've smashed this transfer window, breaking all kinds of records. If we didn't sell coutinho then would we have signed the players we did? No. Shaqiri maybe and that's about it. If you argue otherwise then as I say, you're deluded. Prove it and provide evidence under FSG ownership where they've heavily backed the manager without raising funds first.

The miserable trio are just realistic and say things how they are. Well I do anyway.  I'm not one of those reds who thinks everything about the club is fantastic and can find no fault. Bellends those fans if you ask me.

There's a reason why we've only won one trophy in ten years but you can keep telling us how great the owners are and how great some of our players of recent years have been if you want. 

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24392: Jul 30, 2018 11:46:24 am
      No you have to judge them since they walked through the door. That's the only fair way.
      It's like your Mrs constantly cheating on you for 5 years and then saying to you.. look I've not had another man's cock in my mouth since Saturday night.. can't you just judge me on Sunday and this morning?
      I'm loyal as f**k since then 

They made plenty of mistakes on the way and it's remiss to just scrub them out.

It was a masterstroke getting Jürgen as he makes the model work.. but it could also be described as luck or a last throw of the dice

Like I say right now they're sound.. but it took a very special manager to make it work

Ok so in your world nobody can ever redeem themselves then, there are no second chances, yikes bit rough on first time offenders isn't it!
      I sort of see what you mean and it did take a them a while to work out how to run a football club and they have been pretty damned frugal with the money up to the last 2-3 seasons, but you have to allow for that and put more weight on recent years than the past, although it should of course be part of the overall equation.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #24393: Jul 30, 2018 11:47:15 am
      We were signing nobody’s with the Suarez money because we couldn’t get anyone else, we tried to get Sanchez, it didn’t happen, he rejected us.

Find it strange how anyone can try to pick fault with the owners this summer. We’ve spent near on 200mill, getting a 50mill refurbishment, we’ve not long had a stadium expansion.
      It’s perfect business sense if you can run something without having to use your own money, use the money the club generates instead, keeps you in a much secure position too.
      The biggest problem with FSG is that to begin with they didn’t know football, they tried to implement a strategy of signing players that wasn’t suitable for the Premier League. But for all the bad signings, there has been Suarez, Coutinho, Mane etc, all with the apparent money pinching or whatever. The other main fault is that they employed BR, a manager, that through no fault of his own, doesn’t have the appeal to the big players, the job was too big for him and had to rely on Gerrard for trying to get the big players. But we still tried to sign Salah previously, Willian, Sanchez etc, and you can bet if we had Klopp we would have gotten them. We are now in a position where we’ve had back to back top 4 finishes, cup finals and outspending everyone this year. They see us a long term investment, they are in it for the long haul which explains why they haven’t dipped into their own pocket much, but aside from City, we are looking the most sustainable team this year, something that has happened by not spending what we don’t have. People moaned about H&G taking out loans, spending what we didn’t have etc, yet when the current owners are trying to protect their investment, 8 years down the line, with a team that is now taking massive strides in a positive direction, signing quality players with a quality manager, you still get those almost desperate to still pick fault when in actual fact, what have they actually done wrong?

- stadium expansion
      - signing quality players
      - £50mill development
      - facilities improved
      - signs of the success coming back

Are these not things that we all wanted? They’ve taken their time but over the last year or 2, pretty much since Klopp took over, they finally seem to have understood how it works. Klopp essentially has a free reign, pretty much everything he wants, he gets.

Some people just need to let stuff go, they aren’t the best but there is a damn sight worse and I’d have thought after the nightmare of H&G, people would finally be happy with our current position.
      If we win literally every trophy possible next season, some people would still rather look at faults than give them any credit.

The last twelve months have been a revelation, taken in the context of their ownership of LFC and the time elapsed some reservation in FSG's methods is only to be expected.
      The appointment of Klopp has saved their bacon in that he has the ability to operate successfully on a limited budget, would love to see the club go from strength to strength and eventually sold to a body that has the wherewithal to put LFC at the top where they belong.
      Kopite78
      Reply #24394: Jul 30, 2018 11:47:53 am

So you think we would have still signed Alisson if the fekir desl went through? Fair enough, I don't though. Their previous form backs my argument much more than it does yours though pal.

Actually you have me thinking there

Not on the Fekir/ Alisson part per se as we will never know and arguments can be had forever and a day on if they would or wouldn't

However by all reports Pulisic is available this summer, if you do the numbers we are spent up.. however pulisic must be an FSG wet dream of a signing..
      If they pass him up then it does say one thing.. that a budget is a budget is a budget..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24395: Jul 30, 2018 11:49:37 am
      :lmao: Talk about suiting somebodys agenda eh. 'Let's just judge FSG on the period where we've had some success'.

We were mid table before klopp came in. We will be mid table or worse when klopp moves on. That's if we continue with this sell to buy policy.

The position were in now is solely down to klopp. Sell to buy policies don't work, were just incredibly lucky we have a genius managing us who can convince top players to play for us and who can get the maximum out of what he's already got. Any other manager and we would be in big, big trouble.

You're deluded. You go on about how we've smashed this transfer window, breaking all kinds of records. If we didn't sell coutinho then would we have signed the players we did? No. Shaqiri maybe and that's about it. If you argue otherwise then as I say, you're deluded. Prove it and provide evidence under FSG ownership where they've heavily backed the manager without raising funds first.

The miserable trio are just realistic and say things how they are. Well I do anyway.  I'm not one of those reds who thinks everything about the club is fantastic and can find no fault. Bellends those fans if you ask me.

There's a reason why we've only won one trophy in ten years but you can keep telling us how great the owners are and how great some of our players of recent years have been if you want. 

Sorry but what sell to buy policy would that be, oh you mean selling one player, Countinho, and buying 5 players, 2 of whom are the most expensive in their respective positions, VVD, Fabinho, Keita, Shaquiri and Allison? If that's what you mean then I quite like that policy, long may it continue. :-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24396: Jul 30, 2018 11:51:37 am
      Actually you have me thinking there

Not on the Fekir/ Alisson part per se as we will never know and arguments can be had forever and a day on if they would or wouldn't

However by all reports Pulisic is available this summer, if you do the numbers we are spent up.. however pulisic must be an FSG wet dream of a signing..
      If they pass him up then it does say one thing.. that a budget is a budget is a budget..

I'd agree with that, IF he is genuinely up for sale, as Klopp likes him and the owners must surely like him for the perspective of marketing, age, moneyball etc etc.
      Kopite78
      Reply #24397: Jul 30, 2018 11:52:15 am
      Ok so in your world nobody can ever redeem themselves then, there are no second chances, yikes bit rough on first time offenders isn't it!
      I sort of see what you mean and it did take a them a while to work out how to run a football club and they have been pretty damned frugal with the money up to the last 2-3 seasons, but you have to allow for that and put more weight on recent years than the past, although it should of course be part of the overall equation.

The mistakes aren't just money though. And the money has only come really on the back of high sales. If we hadn't sold Coutinho do you really think that money is there? I don't.
      However what would I prefer? Coutinho still or Virgil and Naby? No contest for me

As for forgiving first mistakes? Depends what the mistakes are surely. Murder? Child offenders? Then F**k there wouldn't be a chance to make the same mistake twice.
      If your Mrs fucks another bloke? Yeah over for me. Trust and connection is gone. Like I'd expect the same if I cheated.. in fact I never have

But the mistakes fsg have made? I haven't said I've not forgiven them have I? I literally don't care about them to be honest..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24398: Jul 30, 2018 11:54:21 am
      The mistakes aren't just money though. And the money has only come really on the back of high sales. If we hadn't sold Coutinho do you really think that money is there? I don't.
      However what would I prefer? Coutinho still or Virgil and Naby? No contest for me

As for forgiving first mistakes? Depends what the mistakes are surely. Murder? Child offenders? Then f**k there wouldn't be a chance to make the same mistake twice.
      If your Mrs fucks another bloke? Yeah over for me. Trust and connection is gone. Like I'd expect the same if I cheated.. in fact I never have

But the mistakes fsg have made? I haven't said I've not forgiven them have I? I literally don't care about them to be honest..

"I literally don't care about them to be honest.. " Obviously not true judging by you repeatedly posting in a thread about them ;-)
      Kopite78
      Reply #24399: Jul 30, 2018 11:55:48 am
      "I literally don't care about them to be honest.. " Obviously not true judging by you repeatedly posting in a thread about them ;-)

Different from responding if people are peddling very stretched versions of the truth either way isn't it?
      Is for me anyway

If I had my way this thread would have slowly and steadily dropped to about page 30 of the kop board mate
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24400: Jul 30, 2018 11:58:18 am
      Different from respondingbif people are peddling very stretched versions of the truth either way isn't it?
      Is for me anyway

If I had my way this thread would have slowly and steadily dropped to about page 30 of the kop board mate

I agree with your last line, I'm baffled why this is even being debated now because at the moment we have good owners who are doing all we could want as fans.
      Kopite78
      Reply #24401: Jul 30, 2018 12:03:05 pm
      I agree with your last line, I'm baffled why this is even being debated now because at the moment we have good owners who are doing all we could want as fans.

Again thats a little stretch for me

We have completely middle of the road owners who use the clubs finances on the club to grow their investment

It's just we have vastly bigger resources than your Burnleys to make it work within that model

And importantly a big German genius
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2018 12:08:16 pm by Kopite78 »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #24402: Jul 30, 2018 12:06:37 pm
      Sorry but what sell to buy policy would that be, oh you mean selling one player, Countinho, and buying 5 players, 2 of whom are the most expensive in their respective positions, VVD, Fabinho, Keita, Shaquiri and Allison? If that's what you mean then I quite like that policy, long may it continue. :-)

But if we sell our best players to raise funds just to bring others in it's going to be extremely difficult to compete do you not see that?

This window has been our best under FSG so far, not just because of who we've signed, but because we've kept our key players and even got them on new deals. I'm not disputing this window has been a good one. It's been a very good one actually but it's only because we sold our best player and we have a manager who can convince decent players to sign for us.

We would be in big trouble without klopp I don't know how you can't see that?

Quick Reply