Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2760654 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25047: Dec 29, 2018 04:10:53 pm
      The reason we are where we are is through one man and that is nothing to do with the owners. Don't forget the owners want a self financeial club but no doubt they will be milking the cow at the same time

I keep seeing people posting this, and I keep asking where the proof is.
      I go over the accounts every year when they're published, and there is zero evidence of us being milked.

They'll make their profit when they sell, which is probably a good few years away yet.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25048: Dec 29, 2018 04:15:29 pm
      No No no we had a great period of success between 2000- 2009 unless you don't count those Trophies and finals as success. The period between 2010 and now is one of the leanest in the clubs history but that's ok because FSG have get our current account in order.

We can go round and round with this, but we weren't exactly serial winners before Shanks came along, and we were pretty dire throughout the 90's.

The fact is, the club was in such a mess, that we needed to rebuild from the ground up and increase revenue to compete, and catch up on the commercial side of things after Moores and Parry had spent so many years sitting on their thumbs doing sod all to take us forwards, meaning we couldn't compete with other clubs, particularly united, who had taken every advantage of the commercial opportunities that came with the premier league.

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2018 04:20:01 pm by Swab »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,792 posts | 3378 
      Reply #25049: Dec 29, 2018 04:16:27 pm
      No No no we had a great period of success between 2000- 2009 unless you don't count those Trophies and finals as success. The period between 2010 and now is one of the leanest in the clubs history but that's ok because FSG have get our current account in order.

How many league titles did we win between that “great success” ?

Since 2010 we have been in 4 finals , won on trophy and had our best chance of a title in decades and right now we have had our best start to a league in decades
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,792 posts | 3378 
      Reply #25050: Dec 29, 2018 04:17:30 pm
      The reason we are where we are is through one man and that is nothing to do with the owners. Don't forget the owners want a self financeial club but no doubt they will be milking the cow at the same time

What’s wrong with being self sufficient ?

And if reports are correct they could have sold us for a great profit but didn’t

And prove they are going to milk the cow as you say
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25051: Dec 29, 2018 04:17:36 pm
      Can see that Floyd Wetherton video being posted again ....😂
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25052: Dec 29, 2018 04:18:59 pm
      Can see that Floyd Wetherton video being posted again ....😂

:laugh:

ohh, don't tempt me Shabs  :laugh:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,792 posts | 3378 
      Reply #25053: Dec 29, 2018 04:21:36 pm

Is it good  ???
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25054: Dec 29, 2018 04:22:25 pm
      I keep seeing people posting this, and I keep asking where the proof is.
      I go over the accounts every year when they're published, and there is zero evidence of us being milked.

They'll make their profit when they sell, which is probably a good few years away yet.

Accounts ? You can make them read anyway you want.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25055: Dec 29, 2018 04:22:42 pm
      Who prints the programme and several of the club's publications?

Do they? Never seen that, do you have proof?

Would seem a sensible decision as they have access to a large printing press.

Either way, it’s just printing and not creating. Using a printing press doesn’t equate to being in their pocket.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25056: Dec 29, 2018 04:23:21 pm

Look up Floyd Wetherton Family Guy Boxer on youtube, and see if it reminds you of anyone ;)
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      Reply #25057: Dec 29, 2018 04:23:25 pm
      Come on Wolves
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25058: Dec 29, 2018 04:26:36 pm
      Accounts ? You can make them read anyway you want.

No mate, you really can't.
      Every penny has to be accounted for regardless of how you do it.
      The accounts are done and signed off by KPMG, who aren't going to risk their reputation by helping the owners "milk" the club, then covering it up.
      Now, avoiding tax is something else entirely, and KPMG are very good at minimising tax liability.

Like I said, if you can prove that money is being taken out of the club, go ahead, and I'll read, and have a look.

If it's just tin foil hat stuff, then sorry, but I can't be arsed.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25059: Dec 29, 2018 04:26:36 pm

Now where’s your Crimbo spirit gone..😎
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      Reply #25060: Dec 29, 2018 04:28:44 pm
      No mate, you really can't.
      Every penny has to be accounted for regardless of how you do it.
      The accounts are done and signed off by KPMG.

Like I said, if you can prove that money is being taken out of the club, go ahead, and I'll read, and have a look.

If it's just tin foil hat stuff, then sorry, but I can't be arsed.

You mean like it was accounted for at Carillion
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25061: Dec 29, 2018 04:29:30 pm
      Now where’s your Crimbo spirit gone..😎

Isn't it someone else's turn to post it?    ;)
       :f_whistle:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25062: Dec 29, 2018 04:31:16 pm

Good grief.

OK, think whatever you want, I really can't be arsed with this tin foil hat sh*t.

If you think that's what really happened at Carillion, then you don't actually know what really happened.
      Every man and his dog knew they were in big trouble, but they all pretended it was fine so that shareholders could rake in dividends.
      The government knew they were in trouble, but kept giving them contracts.
      The directors got caught trying to hide the extent of their problems, by (guess what) the F***ing accounts.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25063: Dec 29, 2018 04:53:23 pm
      Isn't it someone else's turn to post it?    ;)
       :f_whistle:

Over to Adam in his Pyjamas 😁
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #25064: Dec 29, 2018 04:56:44 pm
      either way you cut this, if true it does not speak to a manager that is fully in charge of the transfers to me

Or a man confident enough to realise he may be wrong and persuaded by those he has trust in.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #25065: Dec 29, 2018 05:00:46 pm
      Good grief.

OK, think whatever you want, I really can't be arsed with this tin foil hat sh*t.

If you think that's what really happened at Carillion, then you don't actually know what really happened.
      Every man and his dog knew they were in big trouble, but they all pretended it was fine so that shareholders could rake in dividends.
      The government knew they were in trouble, but kept giving them contracts.
      The directors got caught trying to hide the extent of their problems, by (guess what) the F***ing accounts.

And the dog's fleas knew as well. It was more a surprise that they lasted as long as they did. And they're just the big news, been a few smaller interests gone in and around Avon, Somerset and Wiltshire that I'm aware of. Be nice if we had some reasonable journalism out there that would join some dots.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,792 posts | 3378 
      Reply #25066: Dec 29, 2018 05:01:02 pm
      Was amazed to read this after how most people here was saying the Klopp is in charge of transfers....

"Yes, there was an interview last season where Salah was scoring a sh*t ton of goals, and Klopp revealed he hadn't wanted him at first, saying he was too small, not strong enough and things like that.
      He said the transfer team spoke to him and persuaded him that Salah would be great for us.
      So being the self effacing kind of bloke he is, Klopp ended up laughing about it and how he was wrong."

either way you cut this, if true it does not speak to a manager that is fully in charge of the transfers to me

You can read too much into if you want but it just says to me that his scouts really rated the player and his team also rated the player and he was persuaded to take a chance on him- so they did . If Klopp wasn’t to be persuaded then the player wouldn’t arrive but he put his trust in his team

Either way whatever is happening in the background and it’s working - it shows that the team that scout and highlight the players works
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25067: Dec 29, 2018 05:03:47 pm

The auditing company that deals with FSG's accounts was described as 'complicit in Carillion's questionable accounting practices, complacently signing off it's directors' increasing fantastic figures over a 19 year tenure as Carrillion's auditor, MP's on a select committee concluded in May.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/dec/05/kpmg-partners-receive-bumper-payouts-despite-carillion-fallout

Due Diligence went out of the window apparently on FSG's selection of accounts auditor.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,792 posts | 3378 
      Reply #25068: Dec 29, 2018 05:05:09 pm
      The auditing company that deals with FSG's accounts was described as 'complicit in Carillion's questionable accounting practices, complacently signing off it's directors' increasing fantastic figures over a 19 year tenure as Carrion's auditor, MP's on a select committee concluded in May.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/dec/05/kpmg-partners-receive-bumper-payouts-despite-carillion-fallout

Due Diligence went out of the window apparently on FSG's selection of accounts auditor.

As long as they audit the Liverpool accounts ok then what does it matter beyond conspiracy theories and lots of “apparentlys”

KPMG are massive and global
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25069: Dec 29, 2018 05:07:25 pm
      As long as they audit the Liverpool accounts ok then what does it matter beyond conspiracy theories and lots of “apparentlys”

KPMG are massive and global

Are you serious?

Quick Reply