Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763026 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25070: Dec 29, 2018 05:08:00 pm
      And the dog's fleas knew as well. It was more a surprise that they lasted as long as they did. And they're just the big news, been a few smaller interests gone in and around Avon, Somerset and Wiltshire that I'm aware of. Be nice if we had some reasonable journalism out there that would join some dots.

Half of the big government contractors would be out of business tomorrow if the system was regulated properly.
      Let's face it, a lot of these "contractors" just act as middle men in order to cream money off.
      Massive dividends, huge director bonuses, all built on quicksand, because they have no assets backing them up, only government contracts, which because they are gold plated, allow more money to be borrowed to shore up the balance sheet.
      Then when the whole rotten edifice collapses, as it invariably does, the public purse is left to pick up the pieces.

Rentier economics.
      Is there anything worse?

Our finances on the other hand are now on very strong foundations that success will only make stronger.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,918 posts | 3397 
      Reply #25071: Dec 29, 2018 05:09:19 pm

Are there any issues with our accounts ? Unless you have some proof of any issues then what has happened with Carillon is of no issue to us.

It’s getting a bit desperate when looking for things to be critical about
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,436 posts | 4582 
      Reply #25072: Dec 29, 2018 05:12:01 pm
      Didn’t Carillion build the new stand..?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25073: Dec 29, 2018 05:12:19 pm
      Are there any issues with our accounts ? Unless you have some proof of any issues then what has happened with Carillon is of no issue to us.

It’s getting a bit desperate when looking for things to be critical about

It's worth noting that Carillion, HMRC, the government and KPMG are all staffed by the same crowd.
      KPMG employees regularly get seconded to HMRC, and vice versa.

A cosy club indeed, but completely different from the accounts of a football club, with all the assets therein.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #25074: Dec 29, 2018 05:12:42 pm
      Don’t get the fume on this.

Don’t think anybody is arguing we’re in a good place and things have really improved since Jürgen came on board.

Doesn’t mean you have to think the owners are LFC evangelists.

They’re not they are businessmen.

The penny has dropped that pure moneyball doesn’t work in football - hence we’re now signing established quality.

All good at the moment - nowt to see here for me ;)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,918 posts | 3397 
      Reply #25075: Dec 29, 2018 05:13:57 pm
      It's worth noting that Carillion, HMRC, the government and KPMG are all staffed by the same crowd.
      KPMG employees regularly get seconded to HMRC, and vice versa.

A cosy club indeed, but completely different from the accounts of a football club, with all the assets therein.

Having dealt with Carillion they are completely incompetent and they are in their mess because of very poor practises from mid level management up. They are shocking but not relevant to us thankfully
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25076: Dec 29, 2018 05:15:55 pm
      Didn’t Carillion build the new stand..?

Kind of.

They got the contract, then employed another company to do the work (that's the whole basis of the Carillion scam).
      As far as I know, they didn't make much, if anything on the deal, and it was one of many big projects.
      That's one of the reasons they got in trouble; they continually made low bids which lost money, and relied on government contracts to make up the shortfall.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25077: Dec 29, 2018 05:17:16 pm
      Having dealt with Carillion they are completely incompetent and they are in their mess because of very poor practises from mid level management up. They are shocking but not relevant to us thankfully

Always the way with these companies who are basically just rentiers, creaming off the top.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,436 posts | 4582 
      Reply #25078: Dec 29, 2018 05:18:11 pm
      Kind of.

They got the contract, then employed another company to do the work (that's the whole basis of the Carillion scam).
      As far as I know, they didn't make much, if anything on the deal, and it was one of many big projects.
      That's one of the reasons they got in trouble; they continually made low bids which lost money, and relied on government contracts to make up the shortfall.

Sshhh...might have the brigade accusing FSG having the new stand built on the cheap... 😎
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #25079: Dec 29, 2018 05:25:57 pm
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #25080: Dec 29, 2018 05:35:26 pm
      As expected the last few pages have made for a good read but one thing that keeps coming up that i don't get is why is it a bad thing that the club is self sufficient? If your interest as a supporter is for the well being of the club then isn't it a great thing that the club does not need to rely on anyone to fund transfers, wages and all other operating expenses? Needing to live off someone else's dime to run your operations is a very poor way to operate. If as an adult I cannot pay all my expenses from my paycheck and need to rely on credit cards every month, i'd be in a non-sustainable way of living that could eventually lead to financial distress. Likewise, if Liverpool was dependent on FSG's own money, the moment they sold and the new owners were not willing to do the same, the club would be in trouble, on the hook for more expenses than revenue it generates.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25081: Dec 29, 2018 06:23:25 pm
      Yes it does, as long as the person reading it isn't intent on stirring the sh*t.

Klopp works with his team, he trusts them to do the job they are supposed to do.

He gives the TC a list of positions he wants to fill.
      Based on his criteria, the TC produces a list of players with the skillsets Klopp requires.
      Klopp looks at the list of players, asks for opinions on the best fit, takes the advice on board and then makes his decision.
      It's a collegiate way of working, and is highly effective.
      Klopp has this team (as does every other club) because he doesn't have enough time to look at every single player who might fit the bill.
      Klopp knew about Salah, but hadn't kept up with his career.
      Edwards and the TC had all his stats, and had watched him play, they also used various metrics in a computer program to quantify the qualities Klopp was looking for (same as every big club)
      When Klopp was presented with the stats, the metrics and other evidence, he changed his mind and said "OK, let's get him".
      The money men get in touch with Roma, the haggling commences, and the player is acquired.

That speaks of a manager who is absolutely in charge of who is bought for his team.

Stop trying to stir the pot.

And you know all this how  :roll:

Evidence please
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25082: Dec 29, 2018 06:31:57 pm
      As expected the last few pages have made for a good read but one thing that keeps coming up that i don't get is why is it a bad thing that the club is self sufficient? If your interest as a supporter is for the well being of the club then isn't it a great thing that the club does not need to rely on anyone to fund transfers, wages and all other operating expenses? Needing to live off someone else's dime to run your operations is a very poor way to operate. If as an adult I cannot pay all my expenses from my paycheck and need to rely on credit cards every month, i'd be in a non-sustainable way of living that could eventually lead to financial distress. Likewise, if Liverpool was dependent on FSG's own money, the moment they sold and the new owners were not willing to do the same, the club would be in trouble, on the hook for more expenses than revenue it generates.

It's absolutely a good thing to be self sufficient, but some people will use anything as an excuse to slate the owners.
      It's that simple.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25083: Dec 29, 2018 06:33:02 pm
      And you know all this how  :roll:

Evidence please

Standard.

You really are showing how clueless you are.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25084: Dec 29, 2018 06:33:47 pm
      You can read too much into if you want but it just says to me that his scouts really rated the player and his team also rated the player and he was persuaded to take a chance on him- so they did . If Klopp wasn’t to be persuaded then the player wouldn’t arrive but he put his trust in his team

Either way whatever is happening in the background and it’s working - it shows that the team that scout and highlight the players works
      The way I read it was he did not want the player.he had a different type of player in mind, and still ended up with a player he did not want, whether that player turned out to be great or not Klopp did not want him. He was over rule...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,918 posts | 3397 
      Reply #25085: Dec 29, 2018 06:39:24 pm
      The way I read it was he did not want the player.he had a different type of player in mind, and still ended up with a player he did not want, whether that player turned out to be great or not Klopp did not want him. He was over rule...

He was “persuaded” - have a look at what it means in the dictionary, now have a day of from being a melon
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25086: Dec 29, 2018 07:40:19 pm
      He was “persuaded” - have a look at what it means in the dictionary, now have a day of from being a melon

If I took a loaded gun and put it to your head and made you do  something you did not want to do, you could also say that you were “persuaded” could you not...?

Remember he thanked the staff at the Club who  “persuaded” to get Dominic Solanke too...

They were right about him too.He is a real winner isn't he  :roll:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25087: Dec 29, 2018 07:41:31 pm
      Last two home games scored 9 conceded 1 Anfield FORTRESS
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #25088: Dec 29, 2018 08:33:59 pm
      As abuse goes none of the instances you quote qualify as such.

You don’t get to decide that.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25089: Dec 29, 2018 08:37:22 pm
      How is this thread alive?

???
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,918 posts | 3397 
      Reply #25090: Dec 29, 2018 08:37:40 pm
      If I took a loaded gun and put it to your head and made you do  something you did not want to do, you could also say that you were “persuaded” could you not...?

Remember he thanked the staff at the Club who  “persuaded” to get Dominic Solanke too...

They were right about him too.He is a real winner isn't he  :roll:

Sweet goodness - we have just won 5-1 , stop looking to create sh*te.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25091: Dec 29, 2018 09:12:04 pm
      You don’t get to decide that.

Have been here long enough to know what qualifies as abuse.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #25092: Dec 29, 2018 10:28:52 pm
      Have been here long enough to know what qualifies as abuse.

That’s your problem, you think cause you’ve been here a long time you can treat newer posters with contempt. Just stop.

Quick Reply