Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763726 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25116: Dec 30, 2018 12:40:57 pm
      Take a break from what?
      Commenting on FSG's modus operandi which remains unchanged since day 1?

Klopp has got us where we are with his footballing genius.
      If he had not taken charge the club would still be restricted by the owner's unchanging methods.

ā€œIFā€ ? Pissing in the wind there isnā€™t it

Can you tell me whatā€™s wrong with the club being self sufficient?

Klopp has been able to spend significant amount of money to supplement his excellent managerial because of the excellent commercial ability of the off the field team
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #25117: Dec 30, 2018 04:34:30 pm
      Why can we not just celebrate, that we are in with a very real chance of winning the whole damn thing! We have a fantastic manager, who our owners targeted, and who have made mistakes, but to be fair I think they have learnt from their mistakes. There are plenty of clubs out there who would relish having them as owners, our near neighbours being one I suspect! Can we not just enjoy the ride!! Happy New Year and roll on Thursday!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25118: Dec 30, 2018 04:47:03 pm
      Why can we not just celebrate, that we are in with a very real chance of winning the whole damn thing! We have a fantastic manager, who our owners targeted, and who have made mistakes, but to be fair I think they have learnt from their mistakes. There are plenty of clubs out there who would relish having them as owners, our near neighbours being one I suspect! Can we not just enjoy the ride!! Happy New Year and roll on Thursday!
      Entirely agree
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #25119: Dec 30, 2018 06:47:20 pm
      Do they? Never seen that, do you have proof?

I worked for the company during the early 2000s when they got the contract. I was on the back of one of the LFC Mags they used to produce and had a crowd scene on the back page, well for an Istanbul special and I can see me and my brother with our flag down the front of the stand just after the Alonso equaliser. One of the design lads who used to put the mag together sorted me a free copy. As far as I know that hasn't changed so it's still done by Trinity Sports Media.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25120: Dec 30, 2018 09:02:53 pm
      What are we even arguing about over the last 4 pages? We are Top of the F***ing League and 7 points clear!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #25121: Dec 30, 2018 09:29:17 pm
      What are we even arguing about over the last 4 pages? We are Top of the F***ing League and 7 points clear!

A simple question was asked - is it time for the owners to get a little bit of credit now when the team is doing so well

For a good number of years they were given pelters left right and centre from people when things werenā€™t going well so it seems a bit strange that they get a lot of the blame when it goes bad but get no credit when itā€™s going well

The Echo article summed it up well

It seems though a few still cannot give any credit yet donā€™t appear to like to be challenged on that ( and thatā€™s where it went downhill with the childish insults starting )
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25122: Dec 30, 2018 10:23:26 pm
      A simple question was asked - is it time for the owners to get a little bit of credit now when the team is doing so well

For a good number of years they were given pelters left right and centre from people when things werenā€™t going well so it seems a bit strange that they get a lot of the blame when it goes bad but get no credit when itā€™s going well

It seems though a few still cannot give any credit yet donā€™t appear to like to be challenged on that ( and thatā€™s where it went downhill with the childish insults starting )

Ok thanks mate, might skip this page for a while, I'm in the mood for celebrating what we have achieved so far this season and what we have to look forward for the rest of the season.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25123: Dec 30, 2018 10:25:37 pm

Says the person  who uses those  "childish insults" to almost every poster that he disagrees with
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25124: Dec 30, 2018 10:43:28 pm
      I worked for the company during the early 2000s when they got the contract. I was on the back of one of the LFC Mags they used to produce and had a crowd scene on the back page, well for an Istanbul special and I can see me and my brother with our flag down the front of the stand just after the Alonso equaliser. One of the design lads who used to put the mag together sorted me a free copy. As far as I know that hasn't changed so it's still done by Trinity Sports Media.

Fair enough mate! Pretty cool story to feature on the mag!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25125: Dec 30, 2018 11:09:21 pm
      Court transcript excerpts from the ongoing legal battle of MILL FINANCIAL, LLC vs. JR,;GILLETT, GEORGE N, which relates to the sale of Liverpool Football Club to Fenway Sports Group (formerly NESV) in 2010, show that FSGā€™s John Henry wasnā€™t keen on the idea of buying the Reds but he soon realised that FSG would be ā€œstealingā€ the club if they could buy it so cheap.
      In a number of emails exchanged by FSGā€™s top brass in 2010, snippets from Henry include: ā€œI was not in favor of this deal prior to the meeting. Iā€™m still not in favor. However, I am interested now in trying to ascertain if this is indeed a major opportunity that would indeed diversify and strengthen NESV.ā€
      In another email Henry states: ā€œI donā€™t want to say this beyond this small group, but if we could acquire this (Liverpool Football Club) for the debt, I really feel like we would be stealing this franchise.ā€
      This is now and always will be in the future a financial relationship not an emotional one on any level. The club is now apparently valued at Ā£2billion and just read JH comments about buying the club for the cost of the debt only.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #25126: Dec 31, 2018 06:14:27 am
      Court transcript excerpts from the ongoing legal battle of MILL FINANCIAL, LLC vs. JR,;GILLETT, GEORGE N, which relates to the sale of Liverpool Football Club to Fenway Sports Group (formerly NESV) in 2010, show that FSGā€™s John Henry wasnā€™t keen on the idea of buying the Reds but he soon realised that FSG would be ā€œstealingā€ the club if they could buy it so cheap.
      In a number of emails exchanged by FSGā€™s top brass in 2010, snippets from Henry include: ā€œI was not in favor of this deal prior to the meeting. Iā€™m still not in favor. However, I am interested now in trying to ascertain if this is indeed a major opportunity that would indeed diversify and strengthen NESV.ā€
      In another email Henry states: ā€œI donā€™t want to say this beyond this small group, but if we could acquire this (Liverpool Football Club) for the debt, I really feel like we would be stealing this franchise.ā€
      This is now and always will be in the future a financial relationship not an emotional one on any level. The club is now apparently valued at Ā£2billion and just read JH comments about buying the club for the cost of the debt only.

What does that actually mean at the end of day ? Itā€™s just talk from people who didnā€™t really know football 8 years ago and were unsure - they didnā€™t set the price ? Would have preferred it higher and that way H&G would have got some money ?

As for itā€™s value now - who has helped grow it to become such a high valued club financially - they have and if they were just looking for profit then why were we not sold a while back ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25127: Dec 31, 2018 08:59:56 am
      What does that actually mean at the end of day ? Itā€™s just talk from people who didnā€™t really know football 8 years ago and were unsure - they didnā€™t set the price ? Would have preferred it higher and that way H&G would have got some money ?

As for itā€™s value now - who has helped grow it to become such a high valued club financially - they have and if they were just looking for profit then why were we not sold a while back ?

wasn't it you who said judge people by their words. Their words are they  see LFC as a steal that they just couldn't believe their luck in buying. It means they have no real desire to win on the pitch as long as they win with the clubs value increasing 7 times their investment. We have over the 8 years avg just over Ā£20mil net spend and by some new NESV miracle they have found if you buy the best players you can have a winning team.When we win something of note and then repeat it they will have only taken us back to 2005-2007. You can marvel at their business acumen if you want I look at the set of circumstances they have encountered which make them lucky not clever selling Suarez and Couthino and then seeing over Ā£100nil increase in TV revenue was not part of any business plan in 2010.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #25128: Dec 31, 2018 09:05:04 am
      wasn't it you who said judge people by their words. Their words are they  see LFC as a steal that they just couldn't believe their luck in buying. It means they have no real desire to win on the pitch as long as they win with the clubs value increasing 7 times their investment. We have over the 8 years avg just over Ā£20mil net spend and by some new NESV miracle they have found if you buy the best players you can have a winning team.When we win something of note and then repeat it they will have only taken us back to 2005-2007. You can marvel at their business acumen if you want I look at the set of circumstances they have encountered which make them lucky not clever selling Suarez and Couthino and then seeing over Ā£100nil increase in TV revenue was not part of any business plan in 2010.

I said judge by the actions

You are also making assumptions about them - suggestions of not wanting to win on the pitch ? Come on seriously ?

And then suggesting things are miracles ?

Itā€™s almost as if people are searching for reasons to ensure there is no credit given to them.

The level of net spend is what it is because the club is self sufficient - the club spends what it makes

Iā€™ll ask you because no one else seems to be able to answer

What is wrong with the club being self sufficient ?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25129: Dec 31, 2018 09:12:20 am

Oh come on! You don't luck into multi million pound deals. Very naive Walton.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #25130: Dec 31, 2018 10:50:24 am
      You buy a club, in debt, for the price of that debt... As businessmen I am sure that they did not use there money to do so, so you have to imagine that it was a loan and interest was charge...
      So in fact the Club and supporters have in fact paid for FSG purchase of Liverpool FC

They build a new stand loaning the money to the Club and Charge Interest on that money....
      This again is paid for by the club and it's supporters

I am sure that they have been paying themselves a pretty penny when it comes to salaries...
      Again paid for by the Club and its Supporters

No investment on players (money out of thier pockets) yet all the time paying themselves a very nice salary, while any success on the field leads to more cash coming into the club though merchandising, sponsorship and TV rights, which means more money in thier pockets. Players bought by the club with the money that the club makes grantees that more money stays safely in the pockets of the owners while thier PR machine and some gullible supporters  sing the praises of FSG while failing to take in what is truly happening...

Yes it is great that we are self sufficient, but FSG did not step out of any love for the club,It was just another source of revenue for them and they will squeeze every penny that they can out of us before selling us.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25131: Dec 31, 2018 11:43:38 am

JWH&Co were able to strip back a very complex legal cobweb set up by the fraudulent previous owners to deter any prospective takeover materialising.
      They had the wherewithal and a highly proficient legal and accountancy team well versed in all aspects of hostile takeovers such as the acquisition of LFC.

The process of dispatching H&G was relatively simple with the means of execution set up and ready with the legal costs and other peculiar finances clawed back in a matter of months,.
      That is essentially the sum total of JWH&Co's contribution in their first year of ownership; since that period they have profited year on year with little or no financial input.

It certainly was not luck in finding a very viable investment bled dry, that same proficient legal and accountancy team could see the opportunity to bleed the asset without the threat of haemorrhage.
      « Last Edit: Dec 31, 2018 11:50:54 am by stuey »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25132: Dec 31, 2018 12:15:51 pm
      Here we go again with this "bleeding the asset" bullshit.

The accounts are freely available online.
      Please show me, in the accounts, where it shows money going out of the club to the owners.

If you can't do that, please stop posting this nonsense.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #25133: Dec 31, 2018 12:21:55 pm
      Christ, things are going well on and off the park so let's start digging up all this nonsense again
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #25134: Dec 31, 2018 12:34:04 pm
      JWH&Co were able to strip back a very complex legal cobweb set up by the fraudulent previous owners to deter any prospective takeover materialising.
      They had the wherewithal and a highly proficient legal and accountancy team well versed in all aspects of hostile takeovers such as the acquisition of LFC.

The process of dispatching H&G was relatively simple with the means of execution set up and ready with the legal costs and other peculiar finances clawed back in a matter of months,.
      That is essentially the sum total of JWH&Co's contribution in their first year of ownership; since that period they have profited year on year with little or no financial input.

It certainly was not luck in finding a very viable investment bled dry, that same proficient legal and accountancy team could see the opportunity to bleed the asset without the threat of haemorrhage.

😂😂😂
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25135: Dec 31, 2018 12:36:11 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25136: Dec 31, 2018 01:11:59 pm
      Christ, things are going well on and off the park so let's start digging up all this nonsense again

The comment was factually correct, the closing statement is also applicable in that the owners profit from an asset while refusing to part with their own wedge to guarantee greater success and profitability.
      Any monies invested in such a way would as equally guarantee a higher profit margin.

The genius of Klopp sees us where we are, throwing money about Citeh style is ridiculous but the manager's job would be easier if he were able to acquire proven winners without the need of big sales to finance such deals.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #25137: Dec 31, 2018 02:11:04 pm

Bleed the asset ? What exactly is that supposed to mean ?

Can you tell me why a club being self sufficient is a bad thing ?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25138: Dec 31, 2018 02:14:57 pm
      Thank You FSG.

Think you may be making 2019 a year to remember.

Quick Reply