Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Palace [Premier League] Sat 19th Jan @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of January and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D2 L6

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 1370832 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 283 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25380: Jan 03, 2019 06:58:55 pm
      I'm going to give this  a miss for a while but this is my stand point. Nobody from NESV gives a flying f**k about LFC or Liverpool as a city which is fine it doesn't bother me if I never see them or hear from them ever again. One day however they will want to cash in on their investment and when they sell for in excess of £2billion that money leaves the club and the New owners will want a return on their investment and to service that amount of money alone will be damaging. The massive increase in our value is actually dangerous for our long term future.

Sorry but that’s really poor - have a lot of respect for you but your posts on the owners recently are nothing but scaremongering subjective nonsense with no basis - they have representatives at every single game and quite clearly want the club to succeed.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,076 posts | 3026 
      Reply #25381: Jan 03, 2019 07:10:05 pm
      Sorry but that’s really poor - have a lot of respect for you but your posts on the owners recently are nothing but scaremongering subjective nonsense with no basis - they have representatives at every single game and quite clearly want the club to succeed.

then you have your head in the sand. My posts on the owners are pragmatic and honest even if its twenty years down the road we are going to be hit by an earthquake financially you believe they are benevolent if you wish I know their objective is to make money and as much of it as they can.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 283 
      Reply #25382: Jan 03, 2019 07:43:51 pm
      then you have your head in the sand. My posts on the owners are pragmatic and honest even if its twenty years down the road we are going to be hit by an earthquake financially you believe they are benevolent if you wish I know their objective is to make money and as much of it as they can.

Sorry but to put it bluntly you are wrong

They could have made a lot of money over the years with their various sports ventures by selling them for big profits but have turned down big bids and stated many times not for sale
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,674 posts | 293 
      Reply #25383: Jan 04, 2019 06:00:55 pm
      you probably believe in father Christmas … its called business and making money is what they do he is 69 not a regular attendee at matches so why would he keep it if he decides to call it a day and sail off with linda and cash in his chips. And if people don't think a new owner spending £2billion plus isn't a problem then fair enough.

Well yeah of course although the bearded one owes me big time,not had a pressie in years. But JH is loaded already have ya seen his little boat or his pad down in florida or the Brookline mansion?He doesn't need the money from selling the club.As i said maybe and i have no insight he sees his sports teams as a legacy for his name family?
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,966 posts | 562 
      Reply #25384: Jan 04, 2019 06:17:51 pm

Well yeah of course although the bearded one owes me big time,not had a pressie in years. But JH is loaded already have ya seen his little boat or his pad down in florida or the Brookline mansion?He doesn't need the money from selling the club.As i said maybe and i have no insight he sees his sports teams as a legacy for his name family?

I think that's it for a lot of American sports owners. They are already rich from something else, and that allows them to have much better toys than the rest of us. So theres a disconnect in terms of passion when it comes to famous football clubs and their traditional/historical supporters, but it doesn't mean they won't manage it carefully or well. If/when they sell, no reason that has to be a bad thing for the club.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 757 posts | 172 
      Reply #25385: Jan 05, 2019 01:22:48 am
      I think that's it for a lot of American sports owners. They are already rich from something else, and that allows them to have much better toys than the rest of us. So theres a disconnect in terms of passion when it comes to famous football clubs and their traditional/historical supporters, but it doesn't mean they won't manage it carefully or well. If/when they sell, no reason that has to be a bad thing for the club.

It's not an issue if Bill Gates decides he wants a soccer team, but it is if Gillett Jr buys it with loaned money, though in that case Walton already has the excuse for that being FSG's fault for increasing LFC's value too much  :lmao:

I'm not all too familiar with owners of the different teams, but unless an oil sheik or Russian oiler is what we pine for, what better owners are there in the PL today that we'd want instead of FSG?
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 01:27:15 am by CT_LFC »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,076 posts | 3026 
      Reply #25386: Jan 05, 2019 09:52:34 am
      It's not an issue if Bill Gates decides he wants a soccer team, but it is if Gillett Jr buys it with loaned money, though in that case Walton already has the excuse for that being FSG's fault for increasing LFC's value too much  :lmao:

I'm not all too familiar with owners of the different teams, but unless an oil sheik or Russian oiler is what we pine for, what better owners are there in the PL today that we'd want instead of FSG?

don't be a moron and try to use your limited brain capacity to see past the end of your nose...…. :lmao:
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,749 posts | 1460 
      Reply #25387: Jan 05, 2019 10:10:05 am
      If I didn't support this club, I'd wish Peter Risdale, The Oyston Family, Ken Bates or Mike Ashley on some of you.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,723 posts | 1995 
      Reply #25388: Jan 05, 2019 10:13:26 am
      If I didn't support this club, I'd wish Peter Risdale, The Oyston Family, Ken Bates or Mike Ashley on some of you.

Chill Rodders.

I regularly wish Peter Sutcliffe and Norman Bates on a few of ‘em.

Your conscience is clean.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,143 posts | 3045 
      Reply #25389: Jan 08, 2019 04:15:43 pm
      F**k this thread! We have a squad and a coach who can lead us to silverware and that's all I've ever asked of them.

We're doing just fine.

See the game last night?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,754 posts | 3403 
      Reply #25390: Jan 08, 2019 04:25:56 pm

Yeah our mostly reserve team got beat by Wolves!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,143 posts | 3045 
      Reply #25391: Jan 08, 2019 05:12:28 pm
      Yeah our mostly reserve team got beat by Wolves!!

"Doing just fine" doesn't cover what was on show last night.
      From the manager's demeanour and his reactions it looked like he was less than impressed by what he was seeing.
      If we gotta put reserves out for the likes of Wolves how in fucks name do we approach the CL when injuries to the likes of Van Djke, Salah, Mane or Firmino means we rely on those reserves?
      Not sniping at Klopp here whatsoever.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,221 posts | 3179 
      Reply #25392: Jan 08, 2019 05:27:47 pm
      From the manager's demeanour and his reactions it looked like he was less than impressed by what he was seeing.
      If we gotta put reserves out for the likes of Wolves how in fucks name do we approach the CL when injuries to the likes of Van Djke, Salah, Mane or Firmino means we rely on those reserves?

Yea..it's obvious that Klopp was pissed that he doesn't have world class players three deep at every position. I thought I was the only one that could read that from his body position and the way his facial expressions changed.

FSG OUT!!!!

Spend now or leave!!!!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 283 
      Reply #25393: Jan 08, 2019 05:39:41 pm

Sorry but what does it have to do with the owners ?

We were beaten by one goal missing 9 first team regulars against Wolves full strength team ?
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 126 
      Reply #25394: Jan 08, 2019 05:46:48 pm
      And the Reds boss was almost in disbelief at this, saying: “The only country that asks a question like this is England. Everything is sorted with buying players.

“We have four centre-halves. Three, maybe, two-and-a-half are injured so we’ll have to try and come through in the moment.

“We need them back but you cannot buy a fifth centre-half and say ‘so you play two weeks and after that the others come in’”.
      https://talksport.com/football/fa-cup/470200/jurgen-klopp-irritated-ian-abrahams-question-liverpool-centre-back-january/
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,076 posts | 3026 
      Reply #25395: Jan 08, 2019 05:51:55 pm
      And the Reds boss was almost in disbelief at this, saying: “The only country that asks a question like this is England. Everything is sorted with buying players.

“We have four centre-halves. Three, maybe, two-and-a-half are injured so we’ll have to try and come through in the moment.

“We need them back but you cannot buy a fifth centre-half and say ‘so you play two weeks and after that the others come in’”.
      https://talksport.com/football/fa-cup/470200/jurgen-klopp-irritated-ian-abrahams-question-liverpool-centre-back-january/

this is the problem is there a player available anywhere who could sit alongside Virgil for just a few games or maybe even longer if he is better than Joe or Joel or even Dejan.
      Klopp is loyal to his players he isn't going to do anything to break this bond of trust he has with them.
      One more game against Brighton and we should have both CB's available
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,122 posts | 288 
      Reply #25396: Jan 08, 2019 06:09:20 pm

Remind me which team bar city would play excellent football without their 9 starting XI players, and 10th one getting injured in the first 5 minutes.

LMAO even city struggled without Fernandinho. Dude, you need to get off this horse now. It's getting f**king boring. I'm starting to think you're more of a anti FSG guy, rather than a Liverpool supporter.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,143 posts | 3045 
      Reply #25397: Jan 08, 2019 07:17:13 pm
      Sorry but what does it have to do with the owners ?

We were beaten by one goal missing 9 first team regulars against Wolves full strength team ?

We were beaten by Wolves.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,143 posts | 3045 
      Reply #25398: Jan 08, 2019 07:23:58 pm
      Remind me which team bar city would play excellent football without their 9 starting XI players, and 10th one getting injured in the first 5 minutes.

LMAO even city struggled without Fernandinho. Dude, you need to get off this horse now. It's getting f**king boring. I'm starting to think you're more of a anti FSG guy, rather than a Liverpool supporter.

What's boring?
      Stating fact that we do not have a squad capable of beating the best teams in Europe over the length of a season due to weak back up?.
      I did not mention FSG but stated it is no fault of the manager's.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 283 
      Reply #25399: Jan 08, 2019 07:43:29 pm

Yes I know - but what does that have to do with the owners ?
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,749 posts | 1460 
      Reply #25400: Jan 08, 2019 08:05:29 pm
      What's boring?
      Stating fact that we do not have a squad capable of beating the best teams in Europe over the length of a season due to weak back up?.
      I did not mention FSG but stated it is no fault of the manager's.

No blame for FSG either. Klopp didn't have them in the starting XI and they weren't on the bench either. To even insinuate the loss to Wolverhampton Wanderers is an owner issue, by posting in this particular thread, is asinine.
      « Last Edit: Jan 09, 2019 02:12:03 am by Roddenberry »
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 61 
      Reply #25401: Jan 08, 2019 08:11:30 pm
      I don't understand the point of the discussion going on in this thread. May be I am thick.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,122 posts | 288 
      Reply #25402: Jan 09, 2019 03:43:36 am

So hey, we have one of the best starts of the league ever, against one of the best teams ever, but, but, we were beaten by wolves. Cool  :lmao:

What did you think of our 8 wins in the whole of December?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,143 posts | 3045 
      Reply #25403: Jan 09, 2019 09:06:33 am
      No blame for FSG either. Klopp didn't have them in the starting XI and they weren't on the bench either. To even insinuate the loss to Wolverhampton Wanderers is an owner issue, by posting in this particular thread, is asinine.

We do not have the wherewithal to compete satisfactorily in all completions over the length of a season.
      That statement is proven by the fielding of a reserve side for an FA cup tie against a team with a respectable record against LFC recently.
      Klopp is forced into such selection dilemmas because of a lack of quality in depth, the best manager in the world cannot conjure up an all winning squad with financial restriction.

Before the FSG crew point to Van Dijk  or Alisson as bank busting acquisitions that money is a result of massive sales deals from Coutinho and Suarez.
      Sell to buy by any other name.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,143 posts | 3045 
      Reply #25404: Jan 09, 2019 09:40:34 am
      So hey, we have one of the best starts of the league ever, against one of the best teams ever, but, but, we were beaten by wolves. Cool  :lmao:

What did you think of our 8 wins in the whole of December?

Will it all be undone again for reasons outside of football?
      I.E. lack of financial commitment to a confirmed asset.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,129 posts | 474 
      Reply #25405: Jan 09, 2019 09:58:40 am
      The massive increase in our value is actually dangerous for our long term future.

Hahaha, wtf did I just read.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 283 
      Reply #25406: Jan 09, 2019 03:14:36 pm
      We do not have the wherewithal to compete satisfactorily in all completions over the length of a season.
      That statement is proven by the fielding of a reserve side for an FA cup tie against a team with a respectable record against LFC recently.
      Klopp is forced into such selection dilemmas because of a lack of quality in depth, the best manager in the world cannot conjure up an all winning squad with financial restriction.

Before the FSG crew point to Van Dijk  or Alisson as bank busting acquisitions that money is a result of massive sales deals from Coutinho and Suarez.
      How many clubs can actually challenge on “four” fronts ?

The manager rested 9 players , no other team can do that and still challenge City recently lost a number of games just by missing a couple of players

All this financial restrictions is complete sh*te and boring now

Both Suarez and Coutinho wanted to leave and since Coutinho left we have spent that money and more over the past 12 months

To point fingers at the owners after we just narrowly lost a cup game is quite pathetic tbh

srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,344 posts | 1837 
      Reply #25407: Jan 09, 2019 03:21:06 pm

I'd bet my house if you ask Jürgen if he is happy with recruitment at the club since he's been here he'd say 100% he is.

Blaming FSG for the loss on Monday is a stretch to say the least.

Fully fit we have pretty much two internationals for every position.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,143 posts | 3045 
      Reply #25408: Jan 09, 2019 04:44:12 pm
      I'd bet my house if you ask Jürgen if he is happy with recruitment at the club since he's been here he'd say 100% he is.

Of course he would, so would all the previous managers who were sacked because they lacked the wherewithal to operate satisfactorily under these owners.

Blaming FSG for the loss on Monday is a stretch to say the least.

The reason we lost was fielding a reserve side, if you think it was the manager's fault we don't have adequate strength in depth that is your prerogative.

Fully fit we have pretty much two internationals for every position.

The bench looked well strong from what I could see.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,344 posts | 1837 
      Reply #25409: Jan 09, 2019 04:48:09 pm
      Of course he would, so would all the previous managers who were sacked because they lacked the wherewithal to operate satisfactorily under these owners.

The reason we lost was fielding a reserve side, if you think it was the manager's fault we don't have adequate strength in depth that is your prerogative.

The bench looked well strong from what I could see.

I'm not really wanting to get into this again with yourself Stu as you have such a blinkered and one tracked mind where FSG are concerned there is no point.

The manager likes the way they work and pretty sure he has said before the way our club is run is how he likes it run.

Quick Reply