Trending Topics

Next match: Tranmere v LFC [Friendly] Thu 11th Jul @ 7:30 pm
      Prenton Park

Today is the 25th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 1412638 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,263 posts | 1168 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25500: Feb 09, 2019 08:49:49 pm
      We are top and for that I tip my hat to them.

For years I've asked for big money signings and they have delivered. Most expensive keeper, most expensive centre back. On top of that we have good defenders in Gomez and Robertson at the club for peanuts. (Thats good business, absolutely no problem with that!) Add to that Trent through the academy and good (not great) back ups in Lovren and Matip the defence is not too bad. I would never have sanctioned the Clyne Loan but people tell me that's Klopps decision and I'll believe it.

Midfield we have a series of solid options. Fabinho and Keita bought for this season for good money. Hendo, Wijnaldum, Ox. That's good depth and any of those could make a midfield 3 and you'd be happy.

There is however still some work to do in my opinion. I believe we could do with a 10 option.

The front 3 are some of the best around. The gap between them and the bench however is huge. Sturridge isn't up to standard these days, Origi too never progressed. If we are to turn into a club that can fight realistically on more than 1 front there's a bit more money to be spent.

A good 10 (If Woodburn or Wilson are considered good enough next year that could change) a forward who can play in all 3 positions along the front and a player who can play right and left back to a high standard (I'm guessing Moreno and Clyne are going and I don't see Milner doing another year there for too long.)

We shouldn't stop spending because we finally have a team that can challenge. It's time to keep adding and strengthening.

Get the likes of Origi, Sturridge, Lallana, Clyne, Moreno off the wage bill and any transfer money that comes with it and reinvest. We have already sold Solanke for good money so there's a start.

I'm not having a go at them, but there's no use pretending there's not too big of a drop from first 11 to support. Especially in the forward areas.

Got to keep on going because there's a few threats coming next season, mainly speaking the Manchester clubs.
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2019 08:54:49 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,953 posts | 1971 
      Reply #25501: Feb 09, 2019 09:20:31 pm
      Haha up yours you f**king tool.

Tory boys legendary debating skills here
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,432 posts | 3214 
      Reply #25502: Feb 09, 2019 09:55:54 pm
      I see we are top of the league pal

So if it’s the owners fault that the “title challenge was falling” - is it their fault we are back to the top again

I guess you have no answer about the manager being the one to let a player leave and the manager being tbe one who wasn’t going to just buy players because a few got injured.

You would give an idiot a run in a stupid contest

Whatever.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,953 posts | 1971 
      Reply #25503: Feb 09, 2019 09:59:37 pm
      Tory boys legendary debating skills here

And again

Too clever for us Tory boy
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,277 posts | 3324 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #25504: Feb 09, 2019 10:51:11 pm
      https://twitter.com/JayMcKenna87/status/1094340748084944896?s=19

And we're top of the league you know, lads... 🙄
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,894 posts | 2744 
      Reply #25505: Feb 09, 2019 10:54:28 pm

Must have been paid for by skimming the accounts.. 🙄

Nice to see the owners going about a good deed the LFC way...
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,748 posts | 997 
      Reply #25506: Feb 10, 2019 02:44:19 am
      No point discussing the owners with Stuey. In his determination to blame the owners for absolutely everything he ends up tying himself in knots and goes into ‘Maybot’ mode of repeating himself despite all evidence to the contrary.

Back on top of the league, up the f**king reds.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,432 posts | 3214 
      Reply #25507: Feb 10, 2019 01:05:38 pm
      No point discussing the owners with Stuey. In his determination to blame the owners for absolutely everything he ends up tying himself in knots and goes into ‘Maybot’ mode of repeating himself despite all evidence to the contrary.

Back on top of the league, up the f**king reds.

Your interpretation of my views concerning FSG like some others is distorted to fit your inaccurate conception of our owners.
      I have stated without exception that they are market players with no intention of committing financially or emotionally with LFC.
      That statement is proven beyond reproach and some fuckwit describing me as a ''disgrace to the club'' is an example of a lack of any viable argument to my initial statement, another like minded fuckwit labelled me a Tory for daring to state fact.
      Jürgen Klopp is responsible for our incredible achievements full stop.

« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2019 03:11:36 pm by stuey »
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,953 posts | 1971 
      Reply #25508: Feb 10, 2019 01:09:36 pm
      Your interpretation of my views concerning FSG like some others is distorted to fit your inaccurate conception of our owners.
      I have stated without exception that they are market players with no intention of committing financially or morally with LFC.
      That statement is proven beyond reproach and some fuckwit describing me as a ''disgrace to the club'' is an example of a lack of any viable argument to my initial statement, another like minded fuckwit labelled me a Tory for daring to state fact.

State what fact TB ?
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,370 posts | 159 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25509: Feb 10, 2019 01:33:35 pm
      I have stated without exception that they are market players with no intention of committing financially or morally with LFC.

Spot on

tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,370 posts | 159 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25510: Feb 10, 2019 01:35:14 pm
      The true capitalist ploy Jürgen dose all the work, the owners get all the spoils
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #25511: Feb 10, 2019 03:12:20 pm

You see this is where your argument falls flat

Klopp needed money to buy the players like Alisson and VVD- money supplied by the owners

When our title challenge was failing last week the finger of blame was being pointed towards the Owners - surely if Klopp gets the credit for doing well he also needs to be looked at when things don’t go so well

One person in a football cannot take sole credit for anything - to suggest as such shows a lack of understand of how the club and game works these days

Everything needs to work together - the club needs to work well off the pitch to give the manager the tools to work well on the pitch

The owners with the appointments they have made both on and off the pitch are the reason why we are were we are right now - they got the manager , they give him the financial backing to bring in the players he wants , and that financial backing is supplied by the great work done by the commercial team

It’s one big team and all parts need to work well together

The club right now is performing superbly off the pitch and on the pitch and the whole club deserves credit for that . The club is going to continue to move forward and it’s now streets ahead compared to when the owners took over

You will no doubt dismiss all that but for me if you truely believe it’s down to one man only then sorry you lack understanding
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #25512: Feb 10, 2019 03:12:47 pm
      The true capitalist ploy Jürgen dose all the work, the owners get all the spoils

What spoils is that ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,284 posts | 1908 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #25513: Feb 10, 2019 03:22:22 pm

Klopp needed money to buy the players like Alisson and VVD- money supplied by the owners

When our title challenge was failing last week the finger of blame was being pointed towards the Owners - surely if Klopp gets the credit for doing well he also needs to be looked at when things don’t go so well

One person in a football cannot take sole credit for anything - to suggest as such shows a lack of understand of how the club and game works these days

Everything needs to work together - the club needs to work well off the pitch to give the manager the tools to work well on the pitch

The owners with the appointments they have made both on and off the pitch are the reason why we are were we are right now - they got the manager , they give him the financial backing to bring in the players he wants , and that financial backing is supplied by the great work done by the commercial team

The club right now is performing superbly off the pitch and on the pitch and the whole club deserves credit for that . The club is going to continue to move forward and it’s now streets ahead compared to when the owners took over

You will no doubt dismiss all that but for me if you truely believe it’s down to one man only then sorry you lack understanding

"At Liverpool Football Club there's a Holy Trinity, the Players,  the Fans & the Manager, the owners are only there to sign the checkbook"

Bill Shankly.

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,432 posts | 3214 
      Reply #25514: Feb 10, 2019 03:35:51 pm

Funds acquired through the sale of players.

Nobody blamed the owners for the shortcomings you describe, it was stated however a lack of quality back up was instrumental, in that situation the manager was being largely held responsible irrespective of the same deficiency affecting results in the time scale of FSG.

The owners make zero decisions as regards to on-field matters.
      They appointed Klopp who has the skill and the wherewithal to produce success under their tenure, a stroke of fortune comparable with finding a f**king big diamond in a potato field.

Remind me how of many years passed and how far did we fall under their "astonishing managerial selection"?

Is this the time for more personal comment?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #25515: Feb 10, 2019 03:44:43 pm
      Funds acquired through the sale of players.

And good commercial work - the funds are still the clubs and they are still spent on players

Nobody blamed the owners for the shortcomings you describe, it was stated however a lack of quality back up was instrumental, in that situation the manager was being largely held responsible irrespective of the same deficiency affecting results in the time scale of FSG.

Was it the owners who decided to let players leave and not buy any players - nope that was down to the manager

The owners make zero decisions as regards to on-field matters.
      They appointed Klopp who has the skill and the wherewithal to produce success under their tenure, a stroke of fortune comparable with finding a f**king big diamond in a potato field.

No different to any other owner then ? Unless you can think of an owner who does take part in on field matters ?

So it’s was just fortune that the owners picked Klopp or they made the right choice - if you can’t even give them credit for getting Klopp then they have zero chance with you

Remind me how of many years passed and how far did we fall under their "astonishing managerial selection"?

Is this the time for more personal comment?

They have been owners for 9 years I believe and have we fell under them ? Have we not moved forward since they arrived ? It’s been a bumpy journey at times with mistakes made on and off the field and at times a steep learning curve but they have taken a club in financial difficulty and in the bottom half of the table to a club making profit and the team top of the table challenging for the big titles.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,432 posts | 3214 
      Reply #25516: Feb 10, 2019 04:14:08 pm
      And good commercial work - the funds are still the clubs and they are still spent on players

Was it the owners who decided to let players leave and not buy any players - nope that was down to the manager

No different to any other owner then ? Unless you can think of an owner who does take part in on field matters ?

So it’s was just fortune that the owners picked Klopp or they made the right choice - if you can’t even give them credit for getting Klopp then they have zero chance with you

They have been owners for 9 years I believe and have we fell under them ? Have we not moved forward since they arrived ? It’s been a bumpy journey at times with mistakes made on and off the field and at times a steep learning curve but they have taken a club in financial difficulty and in the bottom half of the table to a club making profit and the team top of the table challenging for the big titles.

You make this sh*t up as you go along.
      No viable response to any of the rebuttals made of your foolish claims.
      Have a nice life.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #25517: Feb 10, 2019 04:22:30 pm
      No viable response to any of the rebuttals made of your foolish claims.
      Have a nice life.

Sorry but what exactly is “made up”

You do this every time when you have no response .
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,748 posts | 997 
      Reply #25518: Feb 10, 2019 04:52:13 pm

Pot, kettle, black??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,432 posts | 3214 
      Reply #25519: Feb 10, 2019 05:05:37 pm

Sorry but what exactly is “made up”

You do this every time when you have no response .

Quote anything that is not fact.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,277 posts | 3324 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #25520: Feb 10, 2019 05:22:09 pm
      Not getting into any mad arguments or pulling all monies ins and monies outs but there are no trophies won for having sound accounts but since Klopp came in we've been a game out from winning three.

I'm on the fence with them at this point which is a lot better than I was with them.

It's totally sound to have an opinion like Stuey's as it is the others in here.

No need for all the name calling. You wouldn't catch me doing any of that....
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,090 posts | 437 
      Reply #25521: Feb 10, 2019 05:24:43 pm
      Quote anything that is not fact.

Again point out to me exactly what’s made up ?

Don’t include someone opinion.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,432 posts | 3214 
      Reply #25522: Feb 10, 2019 06:01:14 pm
      JWH stated he would not use his own money, LFC would be self financing.
      Not as you implied that FSG provided funds.

I stated as much, you running out of things to say?

YOU inferred that FSG had some influence and should take some credit for on field success, read your comment again.

After 7 years of managerial disasters and JWH admitting to "making mistakes" claims of "brilliant judgement" are incorrect and undeserved.

Mid-table and failure to qualify for Europe in that time,

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,495 posts | 2305 
      Reply #25523: Feb 10, 2019 06:08:30 pm
      Arguing about this sh*t with Wetherton is like trying to juggle water; not worth the effort.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,384 posts | 3616 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25524: Feb 10, 2019 06:26:13 pm
      Not sure what there is to complain about with the owners at the moment. They made a lot of mistakes early on but Klopp has changed all that.

- Stadium expansion
      - New training ground
      - Massive spending spree last summer when they could have pocketed the money
      - Back Klopp 110%
      - Bumper new contract for our key players
      - Getting the club into a great financial position
      - Not seen and not heard

I’ve given them plenty of stick in the early years, like most people. But, if anything now, they aren’t getting enough credit. We are probably one of the best run clubs going now. Sure City have better money resources than us but they’ve been found out by FFP. The Mancs are ever declining, Chavs have the money but are in constant decline now.

We’ve managed to get into a great chance of winning the league with steady investment and not putting ourselves in a crippling position.

Some outside investment for a minority share would be good to boost our transfer funds a bit and I expect it will happen at some point. Not forgetting we will soon be getting an incredible new kit deal next summer.

Only going to get better IMO, really don’t see the need for anyone to be against the owners now as it stands.

Quick Reply