Trending Topics

Next match: Sporting v LFC [Friendly] Thu 25th Jul @ 1:05 am
      Yankee Stadium, New York, USA

Today is the 22nd of July and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D2 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 1417746 times
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,752 posts | 1003 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25525: Feb 10, 2019 06:43:42 pm
      Quote anything that is not fact.

I think me and you have gone around in enough circles in this thread over the owners to be honest.

Let’s just leave it at the fact that it is very unlikely we will ever see eye to eye when it comes to how the club is run. In my eyes they had a crappy start but massively turned it around and I can’t really expect them to compete with the likes of City financially as only a handful of clubs can.

We are very very close to being back on top in my opinion and this feels like a more sustainable footing than previous ‘false dawns’, where it was reliant on one or two players...even going back to Houllier days.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,179 posts | 497 
      Reply #25526: Feb 10, 2019 07:14:26 pm
      Not sure what there is to complain about with the owners at the moment. They made a lot of mistakes early on but Klopp has changed all that.

- Stadium expansion
      - New training ground
      - Massive spending spree last summer when they could have pocketed the money
      - Back Klopp 110%
      - Bumper new contract for our key players
      - Getting the club into a great financial position
      - Not seen and not heard

I’ve given them plenty of stick in the early years, like most people. But, if anything now, they aren’t getting enough credit. We are probably one of the best run clubs going now. Sure City have better money resources than us but they’ve been found out by FFP. The Mancs are ever declining, Chavs have the money but are in constant decline now.

We’ve managed to get into a great chance of winning the league with steady investment and not putting ourselves in a crippling position.

Some outside investment for a minority share would be good to boost our transfer funds a bit and I expect it will happen at some point. Not forgetting we will soon be getting an incredible new kit deal next summer.

Only going to get better IMO, really don’t see the need for anyone to be against the owners now as it stands.

Agree with this all hands down.
      What really, do people expect of owners ?
      Do they want oligarch money?
      Arab oil money ?
      If we got either of them, we’d have people slating them.
      Perhaps they’d like a Mike Ashley type of owner, who knows.
      I’m happy with what we’ve got, and what they’ve done for the club so far.
      Be careful what you wish for !
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 454 
      Reply #25527: Feb 10, 2019 07:18:35 pm
      JWH stated he would not use his own money, LFC would be self financing.
      Not as you implied that FSG provided funds.

Any money spent is their money - they own the club lock stock and barrel - simple , its their money when the manager spends it

I stated as much, you running out of things to say?

YOU inferred that FSG had some influence and should take some credit for on field success, read your comment again.

Shouldnt they - they are the ones that appointed the manager so indirectly they deserve credit for that

After 7 years of managerial disasters and JWH admitting to "making mistakes" claims of "brilliant judgement" are incorrect and undeserved.

Mid-table and failure to qualify for Europe in that time,

And also two European Finals , two challenges for the title  , back to CL football on a regular basis.

You cant just only look at the poor years - right now we are in the Cl and top of the table - when they took over we were bottom half of the table. Also add in the stadium being increased which is something owner after owner promised
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,283 posts | 294 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #25528: Feb 11, 2019 09:57:36 pm
      Think they're doing great, turning us into a real brand again and helping Klopp and the club where necessary as previously pointed out by other posters.

Wouldn't surprise me if they sell us within the next 5 years for a tidy profit though.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,285 posts | 1177 
      Reply #25529: Feb 11, 2019 10:16:41 pm
      Not sure what there is to complain about with the owners at the moment. They made a lot of mistakes early on but Klopp has changed all that.

- Stadium expansion
      - New training ground
      - Back Klopp 110%
      - Not seen and not heard

I’ve given them plenty of stick in the early years, like most people. But, if anything now, they aren’t getting enough credit. We are probably one of the best run clubs going now. Sure City have better money resources than us but they’ve been found out by FFP. The Mancs are ever declining, Chavs have the money but are in constant decline now.

We’ve managed to get into a great chance of winning the league with steady investment and not putting ourselves in a crippling position.

Some outside investment for a minority share would be good to boost our transfer funds a bit and I expect it will happen at some point. Not forgetting we will soon be getting an incredible new kit deal next summer.

Only going to get better IMO, really don’t see the need for anyone to be against the owners now as it stands.

I agree with this and we need every element of it to keep pace with City and fend off any resurgence from United next season too. This is the first season we have got transfer strategy right (Or at least the first season of seeing it's effects).

We've spent the money and got the quality. I only ask now that we back that up by making the squad stronger and giving Klopp better options off the bench or when injuries hit.

Get this squad stronger and we can compete for all the trophies rather than picking and choosing what to go for.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,959 posts | 193 
      • do do do
      Reply #25530: Feb 12, 2019 06:15:57 am
      this thread shouldn't even be active
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,958 posts | 234 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #25531: Feb 12, 2019 08:34:11 am

- Stadium expansion
      - New training ground
      - Back Klopp 110%
      - Not seen and not heard

SPOT ON.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 454 
      Reply #25532: Feb 12, 2019 08:51:44 am
      this thread shouldn't even be active

It should but full of positive messages
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,787 posts | 110 
      Reply #25533: Feb 12, 2019 09:35:50 pm
      It should but full of positive messages

You will find love this year
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,259 posts | 461 
      Reply #25534: May 06, 2019 05:05:15 pm
      Disappointed and don't like Henry and Werner meeting up with trump on thursday.https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2019/05/05/red-sox-manager-alex-cora-will-skip-white-house-visit/si9FFOhJaCU7nmr8decfKJ/story.html. I think the whole organization should of refused but hey dollar bills talk.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,319 posts | 296 
      Reply #25535: May 06, 2019 05:07:54 pm
      Disappointed and don't like Henry and Werner meeting up with trump on thursday.https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2019/05/05/red-sox-manager-alex-cora-will-skip-white-house-visit/si9FFOhJaCU7nmr8decfKJ/story.html. I think the whole organization should of refused but hey dollar bills talk.

This post is pretty cringe. Who cares who they support as president? and what dollar bills are they getting for attending?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,259 posts | 461 
      Reply #25536: May 06, 2019 05:18:44 pm
      um i f**king care,that's why i posted it.I'm sure there's an awful lot of Liverpool fans out there that don't want the club associating with nasty little pseudo-fascists.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,319 posts | 296 
      Reply #25537: May 06, 2019 05:28:04 pm
      um i f**king care,that's why i posted it.I'm sure there's an awful lot of Liverpool fans out there that don't want the club associating with nasty little pseudo-fascists.

ok, so you don't like Trump (neither do i), i get it, so how does FSG supporting him impact how they run the team? and what dollars are they getting for attending?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,259 posts | 461 
      Reply #25538: May 06, 2019 06:03:40 pm
      It's not the money from attending it's more the multi-millionaires,sticking together aspect.trumps policies goes against everything sport should be,multi ethnic,religious,sexuality etc etc but hey lets show up and shake hands and have a photo op.It stinks.And he'll use it for propaganda.https://timeline.com/british-soccer-players-give-nazi-salute-1cc5a50ea451.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,465 posts | 744 
      Reply #25539: May 06, 2019 06:06:16 pm

Can't read the article for the paywall. Not a Trump fan here either, but it's fairly customary for champions to attend a White House ceremony. It's meant to honor the champions, not indicate support for whoever happens to be President. Henry's state went heavy against Trump in the election and I would be surprised if he voted for him.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #25540: May 06, 2019 07:12:11 pm
      Hopefully we will strengthen big in the summer as we know city will splash the cash again. Hopefully the boys don't suffer any after affects from Africa cup of nations n get a proper rest. Fenway done great but I'd love if sum big arab superpower took us over and we had billions to spend like city.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,580 posts | 3193 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25541: May 07, 2019 12:44:47 am
      They've done everything they can to help us win Titles this year, just f**king shattered City are a bunch of super rich Cu*ts!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,483 posts | 2490 
      Reply #25542: May 07, 2019 08:15:05 am
      They need to support Jürgen this summer.

Our squad has got better and better under the boss but we need to supplement with real quality.

It’s clear he prefers evolution to revolution BUT now we need at least one potentially first pick forward PLUS Brewster to provide real cover and freshen up the front three.

When you look over the season they’ve all had patches where confidence or physicality was low and now - Sod’s law - only Sadie is fit.

The boss is principled and stubborn - but I refuse to believe he doesn’t want that.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,318 posts | 1746 
      Reply #25543: May 07, 2019 08:35:05 am
      They need to support Jürgen this summer.

Our squad has got better and better under the boss but we need to supplement with real quality.

It’s clear he prefers evolution to revolution BUT now we need at least one potentially first pick forward PLUS Brewster to provide real cover and freshen up the front three.

When you look over the season they’ve all had patches where confidence or physicality was low and now - Sod’s law - only Sadie is fit.

The boss is principled and stubborn - but I refuse to believe he doesn’t want that.

It is imperative that Fenway give Jürgen the cash to bring in 3 top class players to give the squad that extra depth.Now is the time not next January.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,483 posts | 2490 
      Reply #25544: May 07, 2019 08:56:30 am
      It is imperative that Fenway give Jürgen the cash to bring in 3 top class players to give the squad that extra depth.Now is the time not next January.

Been my one reservation all season Billy.

I’m not one for moaning and bitching - prefer trying to be positive - but now is the time.

We’re a helluva team - just a little bit more quality depth needed.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,298 posts | 491 
      Reply #25545: May 07, 2019 09:01:25 am
      Bang on,no matter how this season ends its been a monumental effort and the last thing I want is to see us take a backward step & not build on it so yeah the owners need to put there hands in there pockets once again and add more quality.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,318 posts | 1746 
      Reply #25546: May 07, 2019 09:24:45 am

I’m not one for moaning and bitching - prefer trying to be positive - but now is the time.

You are spot on Al,we have just got to make a great Liverpool team greater.
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,396 posts | 1315 
      Reply #25547: May 30, 2019 09:44:47 pm
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,752 posts | 1003 
      Reply #25548: May 30, 2019 09:53:27 pm

Agree with this. I remember before H&G came in we always seemed to be a player or two off seriously competing and winning things (and to be fair, it was like that under H&G in 08/09).

But now, we are seriously competing and it feels a player or two off of becoming a major major force.

A quality forward who can play across the front 3, a natural LB to cover and compete with Andy, back up GK (assuming Migs is gone) would be the 3 essential signings for me this summer. A nice to have would then be a number 10.
      ed603em
      • Forum Ian St John

• 437 posts | 54 
      Reply #25549: May 30, 2019 10:12:29 pm
      The owners have been great for our club - there are a lot of other EPL clubs that look at how they have run LFC with envy and are starting to try and copy the model. Compared to where we were when Hicks and Gillette left, what they have done is incredible. Klopp deserves enormous credit too of course - both have helped each other, but the owners get nowhere near the credit they deserve

Quick Reply