Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2760774 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25668: Aug 03, 2020 03:40:44 pm

WHERE'S THE CONNOR COADY MONEY JOHN LAD?!?!?!

#EFFFESSSGEEEOWWTTT
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25669: Aug 03, 2020 03:44:18 pm
      They've done a god job over the last few years but like a few if you have said above I don't think it warrants an special praise.

They're running the club well and we're winning trophies. As it should be really.

The hiring of Klopp was made by the owners, for that alone they deserve huge praise, but beyond that they have awoken a sleeping giant, made us profitable again, revitalised our flagging commercial side. They deserve huge praise for what they have achieved, without them we would still be waiting for success.
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2020 03:49:45 pm by heimdall »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,792 posts | 3378 
      Reply #25670: Aug 03, 2020 04:25:12 pm
      I imagine that's exactly what Twitter's like right now.

It’s a hell of a lot worse , it appears Henry is now a peadophile and they want his wife to be raped.

The social media reaction to Werner and Thiago not arriving is an embarrassment to the club
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #25671: Aug 03, 2020 04:27:50 pm
      WHERE'S THE CONNOR COADY MONEY JOHN LAD?!?!?!

#EFFFESSSGEEEOWWTTT

Needs a Rafa analogy about lamp shades!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #25672: Aug 03, 2020 04:35:14 pm
      It’s a hell of a lot worse , it appears Henry is now a peadophile and they want his wife to be raped.

The social media reaction to Werner and Thiago not arriving is an embarrassment to the club

You have the fsg outers, top reds, bottom reds all sort of different factions arguing.  why people can't revel in our success for 5 minutes is anyone's guess. People still having a go at us wools etc. Lfc Twitter is absolutely poisonous
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #25673: Aug 03, 2020 05:13:19 pm
      I imagine that's exactly what Twitter's like right now.

One of the best decisions I ever made was to get off of Twitter and Facebook.

Literally a cesspool of human (and bot) detritus.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25674: Aug 03, 2020 05:44:06 pm

I’ve never had Facebook or anything like that. I read some bits on Twitter but will never sign up to any of it. Load of crap the lot of it.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #25675: Aug 05, 2020 05:24:20 am

I feel like people twitter post anything ridiculous in hope that they get mention in news or a article which only enbles them to continue to tweet such shenanigans.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,512 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25676: Aug 05, 2020 09:24:24 am
      Credit where it’s due.

1) Who appointed Jürgen? The management who are FSG guys.
      2) People managing an organisation need not know everything on the ground. We don’t expect them to score goals and make saves and plant desso turf. They appoint the right people to get the job done. That’s management. Let those who are good execute and flourish on the job. Nobody expects them to know about offside and VAR. More importantly, we expect them to know how to manage and build a winning sports team over the long term. I think that’s the most important. Just manage. We don’t need them to take penalties. In fact the day they can manage the first team will be the day Jürgen is sacked. Same for everybody’s job. Why does management need staff at work if they can do a job better than those they hire?

Credit to FSG for sound management
      Credit to Jürgen for building the team full of mentality monsters.
      Credit to Michael Edward for buying well. From Rocky to Hoover and whoever you can name.
      Credit to the lads for bringing back three points after three points.
      Credit to the coaching staff for training the lads.
      Credit to the 96, and all ex-players who will always inspire us.
      Credit to us fans for the eternal support.

Credit where it’s due. We can afford to be generous with our words at this stage.

quite correct ruth.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #25677: Aug 05, 2020 09:57:26 am

Seems to be the newer generation of supporters I think, late teens - early 20s. Mostly nerds who 20-30 years ago wouldn't have been interested in the sport but due to things like FIFA, aggressive marketing campaigns & the game becoming more middle class-friendly have now taken an interest in it

Football with them seems to mainly just consist of "bantering" with other "fan bases" on the Twitter & the likes. Have meltdowns every time their team loses as they're more of a customer / content consumer rather than a supporter of a football team. Obsessed with transfers as it's an opportunity to sign the latest PR machine who has been rammed down their neck on instagram, youtube of FIFA.

Just idiots with minimal actual knowledge of the game. Certainly wouldn't say it's a Liverpool thing, every club has these freaks, but maybe more so Liverpool due to our success & marketing we probably appeal to this type of "fan"

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #25678: Aug 05, 2020 03:41:56 pm
      One ohe best f tdecisions I ever made was to get off of Twitter and Facebook.

Same here FL, it's just poison.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25679: Aug 05, 2020 06:25:22 pm
      Seems to be the newer generation of supporters I think, late teens - early 20s. Mostly nerds who 20-30 years ago wouldn't have been interested in the sport but due to things like FIFA, aggressive marketing campaigns & the game becoming more middle class-friendly have now taken an interest in it

Football with them seems to mainly just consist of "bantering" with other "fan bases" on the Twitter & the likes. Have meltdowns every time their team loses as they're more of a customer / content consumer rather than a supporter of a football team. Obsessed with transfers as it's an opportunity to sign the latest PR machine who has been rammed down their neck on instagram, youtube of FIFA.

Just idiots with minimal actual knowledge of the game. Certainly wouldn't say it's a Liverpool thing, every club has these freaks, but maybe more so Liverpool due to our success & marketing we probably appeal to this type of "fan"

It's not so very different here.

Here's how the conversation goes;

"We need a world class creative midfielder"

"Our creativity comes from our full backs"

"We need a world class creative midfielder, then we'd score more goals"

"umm, we scored a ton of goals this season, and our full backs have 25 assists between them, more than any midfield combination. Then our mids chip in, and the forwards also have plenty of assists"

"WE NEED A WORLD CLASS CREATIVE MIDFIELDER".

It doesn't matter how many times it gets explained, or how many times Klopp says it.
      Someone read or heard it somewhere (probably an ex-pro writing a column or gobbing off on the radio), so they just keep banging on about it, without the reality of how we play ever dawning on them.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #25680: Aug 05, 2020 06:36:53 pm

"umm, we scored a ton of goals this season, and our full backs have 25 assists between them, more than any midfield combination. Then our mids chip in, and the forwards also have plenty of assists"

It doesn't matter how many times it gets explained, or how many times Klopp says it.
      Someone read or heard it somewhere (probably an ex-pro writing a column or gobbing off on the radio), so they just keep banging on about it, without the reality of how we play ever dawning on them.

It is similar in that sense, but I don't think anybody on here has accused John Henry of being a paedophile yet 😂
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #25681: Aug 05, 2020 07:32:08 pm

Or how we need a "proper striker"/"natural goalscorer" to replace Bobby?  :roll:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25682: Aug 05, 2020 08:13:01 pm
      It is similar in that sense, but I don't think anybody on here has accused John Henry of being a paedophile yet 😂

Everything else though, pretty much.

Or how we need a "proper striker"/"natural goalscorer" to replace Bobby?  :roll:

Aye, that gets right up my F***ing nose, that one.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #25683: Aug 05, 2020 08:35:29 pm

Is complementing Bobby fine? Like Klopp's tried when he pushed Bobby back further into midfield when he played Solanke against Brighton!!
      rossyred

• 9,255 posts | 1659 
      Reply #25684: Aug 06, 2020 08:58:26 am
      HMV
      rossyred

• 9,255 posts | 1659 
      Reply #25685: Aug 06, 2020 09:47:29 am

Or how we can go through a full season with no competition for him or the other two and regardless of how they are playing  :roll:
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #25686: Aug 06, 2020 10:16:57 am
      Or how we can go through a full season with no competition for him or the other two and regardless of how they are playing  :roll:

Yep, it's really held us back the last two years hasn't it.

Is complementing Bobby fine? Like Klopp's tried when he pushed Bobby back further into midfield when he played Solanke against Brighton!!

Absolutely, but then I don't think Bobby is as effective as the no.10 in behind a forward. We occasionally seem to do that playing 4-2-3-1 and I just don't think we're as good, but maybe with a better forward than Solanke we would be?
      rossyred

• 9,255 posts | 1659 
      Reply #25687: Aug 06, 2020 10:34:35 am
      Yep, it's really held us back the last two years hasn't it.

Absolutely, but then I don't think Bobby is as effective as the no.10 in behind a forward. We occasionally seem to do that playing 4-2-3-1 and I just don't think we're as good, but maybe with a better forward than Solanke we would be?

Yep let's standstill completely agree sweet Jesus
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25688: Aug 06, 2020 12:41:08 pm
      Yep let's standstill completely agree sweet Jesus

People have been saying the same thing for the last 2 years.

That's the point.

It hasn't harmed us a bit.
      Klopp will freshen things up when he thinks it's necessary, and when he has the cash to go after his targets.

Listen to what he says; "It's really hard, almost impossible to improve this group, and you cannot bring in top class players and tell them to sit on the bench."
      He's said this a few times now, but some people take no notice.

No point praising the fella, if you're just going to ignore what he says.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #25689: Aug 06, 2020 12:50:35 pm
      People have been saying the same thing for the last 2 years.

That's the point.

It hasn't harmed us a bit.
      Klopp will freshen things up when he thinks it's necessary, and when he has the cash to go after his targets.

Listen to what he says; "It's really hard, almost impossible to improve this group, and you cannot bring in top class players and tell them to sit on the bench."
      He's said this a few times now, but some people take no notice.

No point praising the fella, if you're just going to ignore what he says.

Indeed.

As I said a while ago it could be that Jürgen thinks the way to freshen it up next season is to give more opportunities to the likes of Jones and Williams along with a couple of shrewd signings.

He's seems like the type of coach who would get more pleasure of the next title being won alongside two or three young players coming through the system and really contributing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,248 posts | 6364 
      Reply #25690: Aug 06, 2020 02:19:56 pm
      Indeed.

As I said a while ago it could be that Jürgen thinks the way to freshen it up next season is to give more opportunities to the likes of Jones and Williams along with a couple of shrewd signings.

He's seems like the type of coach who would get more pleasure of the next title being won alongside two or three young players coming through the system and really contributing.

Well, if you believe any of the reporting (and there was quite a bit coming out) Jürgen was interested in adding Werner, supposedly going so far as to contacting him personally. That could be all BS, who knows, but quite a few "reliable" sources were saying it.

FSG told him no to Werner due to the finances and Jürgen has made comments that seem to mimic that line so it sounds like there's not much money to be spent. Now I do believe we have the best manager in the world suited to building a championship side without a huge outpouring of cash. And it is true that it would be hard to upgrade on any of our starting 11. That being said, I think when you are in a position of strength, you should do what it takes to continue to strengthen. Put your foot on the neck of your rivals, don't take the pressure off and allow them the chance to catch up. I get that Covid has changed things...but it appears it's only changed things for us and not for the teams trying to catch us who appear to be spending (or attempting to spend....I'm looking at you United) like drunken sailors.

It's great that we are being prudent financially and I think that's important, but there are times that you take on some calculated risk to try and maximize the opportunity for more reward down the road. I would hate for us to sit tight, let our rivals strengthen and then regret that we didn't take the opportunity to add some more quality, even if it's to several backup positions.

There's still plenty of time before the window opens, so I'm hoping that if Jürgen needs/wants to bring in players there's still time, I just hope that the answer to any further expenditures isn't what it was for Werner.

Quick Reply