Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2646938 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4878 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25691: Aug 06, 2020 03:31:00 pm
      Well, if you believe any of the reporting (and there was quite a bit coming out) Jürgen was interested in adding Werner, supposedly going so far as to contacting him personally. That could be all BS, who knows, but quite a few "reliable" sources were saying it.

FSG told him no to Werner due to the finances and Jürgen has made comments that seem to mimic that line so it sounds like there's not much money to be spent. Now I do believe we have the best manager in the world suited to building a championship side without a huge outpouring of cash. And it is true that it would be hard to upgrade on any of our starting 11. That being said, I think when you are in a position of strength, you should do what it takes to continue to strengthen. Put your foot on the neck of your rivals, don't take the pressure off and allow them the chance to catch up. I get that Covid has changed things...but it appears it's only changed things for us and not for the teams trying to catch us who appear to be spending (or attempting to spend....I'm looking at you United) like drunken sailors.

It's great that we are being prudent financially and I think that's important, but there are times that you take on some calculated risk to try and maximize the opportunity for more reward down the road. I would hate for us to sit tight, let our rivals strengthen and then regret that we didn't take the opportunity to add some more quality, even if it's to several backup positions.

There's still plenty of time before the window opens, so I'm hoping that if Jürgen needs/wants to bring in players there's still time, I just hope that the answer to any further expenditures isn't what it was for Werner.

Jürgen wanting a player and then under standing we cannot afford him and then him wanting to develop young players though don't have to mutually exclusive FL.

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2020 08:20:30 pm by srslfc »
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #25692: Aug 06, 2020 04:04:58 pm
      So glad i stay away from social media and only talk sh*t on here ( you lucky devils). Can't understand the anger about not buying certain players, we have just won the league. To me you can't do any better, so would say they're doing alright eh. Of course Jürgen has been amazing, but they have supported him along the way or he wouldn't be so bloody happy all of the time. Worry less and enjoy it more  :soccer_h4h:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #25693: Aug 06, 2020 04:15:59 pm
      Jürgen wanting a player and then under standing we cannot afford him and then him wanting to develop young players through don't have to mutually exclusive FL.

They don't have to be but it worries me that it tends to be either or for us these days. It's great that we have youth to come through but do we have faith that any of the youngsters are ready to break into the first team?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4878 
      Reply #25694: Aug 06, 2020 04:40:43 pm
      They don't have to be but it worries me that it tends to be either or for us these days. It's great that we have youth to come through but do we have faith that any of the youngsters are ready to break into the first team?

Personally I wouldn't have any worries about Jones and Williams. Harvey is a wee bit young though and a bit more experience would be ideal.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25695: Aug 06, 2020 05:53:54 pm
      Indeed.

As I said a while ago it could be that Jürgen thinks the way to freshen it up next season is to give more opportunities to the likes of Jones and Williams along with a couple of shrewd signings.

He's seems like the type of coach who would get more pleasure of the next title being won alongside two or three young players coming through the system and really contributing.

I kinda take issue with this idea that a team needs to be "freshened up" every season.
      Certainly under Klopp, I just don't buy it.

To me, "freshen up" means "motivate after they've won something", and I just don't see that as an issue under Klopp.
      We need some cover, and some decent backup players, but who on earth could come straight into this team and replace (for instance) one of our front 3?
      What player, of the same quality, would come to us, and sit on the bench, being a mainly bit part player?
      There's the rotation argument of course, but we're not going to buy 3 players who could rotate with our current front 3, and on top of that, as we've seen repeatedly, our front 3 are at their best when they are in a good run of games.

Right now we've got Origi, Shaqiri, possibly Brewster.
      We've also got the option of changing formation, as we've done in the past.
      A 4231 with Origi up top for instance, and Keita in the centre (or AOC) of the 3.

City have lost Sane this summer, and Jesus could be next, because they were expected to be bit part players, when the truth is, they are starters for pretty much every other team.

We've got some decent young players who have been training with the first team for a good while now.
      They'll get chances this season, it's up to them to take those chances.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #25696: Aug 06, 2020 07:17:59 pm
      People have been saying the same thing for the last 2 years.

That's the point.

It hasn't harmed us a bit.
      Klopp will freshen things up when he thinks it's necessary, and when he has the cash to go after his targets.

Listen to what he says; "It's really hard, almost impossible to improve this group, and you cannot bring in top class players and tell them to sit on the bench."
      He's said this a few times now, but some people take no notice.

No point praising the fella, if you're just going to ignore what he says.

I mean freshening up as In Lewis coming in behind Robbo who says would love to learn and develop and I still think one up front the Origi experiment has run its course in my eyes I dont expect a world class striker but someone young and hungry
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #25697: Aug 06, 2020 08:53:40 pm
      I mean freshening up as In Lewis coming in behind Robbo who says would love to learn and develop and I still think one up front the Origi experiment has run its course in my eyes I dont expect a world class striker but someone young and hungry

Would love Lewis as backup to Robbo, definitely agree with you there. Milly as our main backup LB isn't ideal.

Between Brewster, Minamino and Origi we might have enough backup strikers IMO.

Got high hopes that Jones is ready to take Lallana's place in the squad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25698: Aug 06, 2020 09:25:23 pm

1 is yet to really play for us, the other looks to be finding it a bit difficult to adjust and the other has a terrible goal return and offers next to nothing.

Not the ideal backup for next season IMO as things stand.
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #25699: Aug 06, 2020 10:02:49 pm
      Would love Lewis as backup to Robbo, definitely agree with you there. Milly as our main backup LB isn't ideal.

Got high hopes that Jones is ready to take Lallana's place in the squad.

Agree with Jones he is more than ready to take Adam's place just think another forward needed shortened season lot of games squeezed in
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #25700: Aug 07, 2020 04:38:01 pm
      Can't understand the anger about not buying certain players, we have just won the league. To me you can't do any better, so would say they're doing alright eh.

No we aren't. Good is the enemy of best. Let me attempt to explain.

1) there's fear that other teams are furiously buying top players and we will be left behind. We hence behave like we will lose our next two meetings with them and they'll walk over all other teams and overtake us for the title.
      2) we don't trust that the same personnel can deliver the league title again.
      3) we are more assured when we sign lloris as our back up keeper and Mbappe as an improvement to the front three. We will stop complaining when all our 20-25 registered players are represented by those on the Balon d'Or list.
      4) we do not prefer £8m players like Robbo as we are adverse to unknown potential. £8m players are cheap for a reason. You normally get what you pay for.

We (that excludes you reading this) are fearful, insecure, and don't trust the people running the team we support at all. We want a squad so good that we can confidently sell all our possessions and bet our lives that we will win every match convincingly.

The day we lifted the league, I was upset that we conceded three goals.  :f_whistle:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25701: Aug 08, 2020 02:21:56 am
      Owners are mingebags. End of.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #25702: Aug 08, 2020 03:25:10 am
      One of the best decisions I ever made was to get off of Twitter and Facebook.

Literally a cesspool of human (and bot) detritus.

Never a truer word written.

The lower your own self esteem the larger is your "friend" count....... but how many would actually rock up to your funeral ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25703: Aug 08, 2020 08:21:32 am
      No we aren't. Good is the enemy of best. Let me attempt to explain.

1) there's fear that other teams are furiously buying top players and we will be left behind. We hence behave like we will lose our next two meetings with them and they'll walk over all other teams and overtake us for the title.
      2) we don't trust that the same personnel can deliver the league title again.
      3) we are more assured when we sign lloris as our back up keeper and Mbappe as an improvement to the front three. We will stop complaining when all our 20-25 registered players are represented by those on the Balon d'Or list.
      4) we do not prefer £8m players like Robbo as we are adverse to unknown potential. £8m players are cheap for a reason. You normally get what you pay for.

We (that excludes you reading this) are fearful, insecure, and don't trust the people running the team we support at all. We want a squad so good that we can confidently sell all our possessions and bet our lives that we will win every match convincingly.

The day we lifted the league, I was upset that we conceded three goals.  :f_whistle:

It would be soooo refreshing if you could post without this childish sarcasm, I know you think you are being ever so witty and clever, but its just boring when every single post is like this.

I think most people are very very happy with the team, manager and owners but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement, we NEED a LB, a CB and a good forward, someone who can come in off the bench and not drop the quality of our attack.
      Kopite78
      Reply #25704: Aug 08, 2020 12:44:37 pm
      Possibly a comment for when the transfer window closes mate?

I'm sure Jürgen knows what he needs to continue our run of form.

Two seperate points there really mate

First part could be copy and pasted from most summers under these, and the only fair assessment is yes they’re mingebags really

Second part, Jürgen is a f**king genius who is the sole reason for our success currently
      « Last Edit: Aug 08, 2020 12:51:22 pm by Kopite78 »
      Kopite78
      Reply #25705: Aug 08, 2020 01:29:26 pm
      Summers that have taken us to where we are now, not too shabby really.

Two separate camps on that mate.

Some of us give credit to the owners for hiring Jürgen, listening to him and his plans for the club and investing in what he asked for, a new pitch, new training ground and investment in staff both behind the scenes and as above, in the squad that's taken us to where we are now.

Leadership runs from top to bottom and a broken link in that chain would mean we wouldn't have had the success we've had but having everybody singing from the same sheet has facilitated and bred the success we craved and as such should be given due credit.

In my humble opinion of course.

Mingebags though

You can give them credit but still they’re

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25706: Aug 08, 2020 04:25:44 pm
      Mingebags though

in your opinion, have you still not learnt that different people are allowed different opinions on here?

I agree that the owners are not profligate like City or Chelsea but they have a very sustainable business model for the club which is working fantastically the last few years.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25707: Aug 08, 2020 04:28:15 pm
      Personally I don't think they're mingebags, they're just shitscared of bad pr.
      Kopite78
      Reply #25708: Aug 08, 2020 04:45:24 pm
      in your opinion, have you still not learnt that different people are allowed different opinions on here?

Of course

That's mine like

I can and do give them credit, but they're mingebags.

Personally I don't think they're mingebags, they're just shitscared of bad pr.

Interesting view on it

Never seen many cut throat business men be that bothered about that. Generally the ends justify the means for them rather than worry what people think

Youd think if they were concerned about what any body thought regarding Liverpool it would be the fans and for the most part its us that think they're off of it quite a lot of the time.
      The fear of bad publicity on this would seemingly be from the outside world and really, who gives a f**k what others think of us, we never have been and if that's their concern then it's another example of how they dont and wont ever get us
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25709: Aug 08, 2020 07:15:48 pm
      Absolute mingebags of the highest order, only here to make money
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #25710: Aug 08, 2020 09:58:59 pm
      Mingebags though

Confused - why are they “mingebags” ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #25711: Aug 08, 2020 10:02:18 pm
      Absolute mingebags of the highest order, only here to make money

Not really making money though are they ?
      Kopite78
      Reply #25712: Aug 08, 2020 10:10:57 pm
      Not really making money though are they ?

Hmmm

Paid 300m for a club that when they sell they will more than likely pocket over  a billion

But no.. they arent
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #25713: Aug 08, 2020 10:25:18 pm
      Hmmm

Paid 300m for a club that when they sell they will more than likely pocket over  a billion

But no.. they arent

Have they given any indication that they are selling ? Surely can’t accuse them based of something that hasn’t even happened yet

And surely If the club increases in value of the field then the owners are doing something

Quick Reply