Trending Topics

Next match: Genk v LFC [Champions League] Wed 23rd Oct @ 8:00 pm
      Luminus Arena

Today is the 20th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W8 D8 L9

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 1441323 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,400 posts | 493 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25725: Sep 30, 2019 06:50:50 pm
      So being greedy cu*ts then. Maybe if footy kits weren't so expensive there wouldn't be so much blag merch around.

As it is half the blag merch on sale around the ground is better than the sh*te the club shop sells.

Would be kinda ironically funny if the trading standards lot come after the bootleg shirt lot now.Sort of glad i didn't rejoin SOS after this performance,shame really.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,400 posts | 493 
      Reply #25726: Oct 01, 2019 05:37:48 pm
      Few of the radio shouting heads are having a bark at Henry and the Red sox at the moment,cos they're rumored to cut wages to get under the luxury tax,maybe get rid of best player and put prices up next year.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,543 posts | 379 
      Reply #25727: Oct 01, 2019 06:13:06 pm
      Few of the radio shouting heads are having a bark at Henry and the Red sox at the moment,cos they're rumored to cut wages to get under the luxury tax,maybe get rid of best player and put prices up next year.

The previous GM (Dombrowski) fu**ed the Red Sox hard with bad contracts. They have 79M already committed on 3 starting pitchers, none of them who are anywhere near the best in baseball (Sale used to be but he's got arm problems).

They've had the highest payroll 2 years in a row going over the "competitive balance threshold" and per the article i read it said exceeding it a 3rd year in a row would increase their taxes "astronomically", though no mention of how much. Going under the threshold for 1 year resets the clock, as i understand it. That's what the Yankees did fairly recently.

Betts, their best player, has already declined approaches by the Red Sox on an extension and has openly said it's a business, so he's definitely going into free agency and going to the highest bidder. Even though he only has 1 year left on his deal, they can probably get a pretty good deal for him this winter.

Should be an interesting offseason for them. Staying over the threshold and paying a huge tax because of it doesn't make a lot of sense when they won't be all that good with having so much money tied up on 3 average pitchers.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,193 posts | 3687 
      Reply #25728: Oct 01, 2019 06:38:12 pm

Would be kinda ironically funny if the trading standards lot come after the bootleg shirt lot now.Sort of glad i didn't rejoin SOS after this performance,shame really.

Then you're a bit sad really, considering SOS have done a great f**king great job working with other fan groups to get away tickets reduced to just £30 and currently doing the same for European games.

Such a shame the club's own t-shirt designs are that sh*t they have to copy the designs of the stuff like hsoab & love & conquer!!
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2019 06:42:47 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,400 posts | 493 
      Reply #25729: Oct 01, 2019 07:41:13 pm
      I was in SOS till 2014,not knocking them for the other stuff just felt this was a bit grandstanding by them.T-shirts are t-shirts not paying 30 dollars for one whoever makes em!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts | 16 
      Reply #25730: Oct 02, 2019 03:51:13 pm
      Then you're a bit sad really, considering SOS have done a great f**king great job working with other fan groups to get away tickets reduced to just £30 and currently doing the same for European games.

Such a shame the club's own t-shirt designs are that sh*t they have to copy the designs of the stuff like hsoab & love & conquer!!

Well said

And on the subject of the official club merch it's the naffest gear I've ever seen. Went into the L1 store to get some flags for my balcony before the final last year and they had one small flag (no pole) for about £15. Didn't even have a crest on it & just had "ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ" sprawled over it in some snide font. Went to one of the local traders instead & spent about £40 for 4 or 5 different massive flags. Much better!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,400 posts | 493 
      Reply #25731: Oct 02, 2019 04:58:06 pm
      Well said

And on the subject of the official club merch it's the naffest gear I've ever seen. Went into the L1 store to get some flags for my balcony before the final last year and they had one small flag (no pole) for about £15. Didn't even have a crest on it & just had "ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ" sprawled over it in some snide font. Went to one of the local traders instead & spent about £40 for 4 or 5 different massive flags. Much better!

Old bedsheet and paint mate,no plastic flags offi or market stall! ;)
      Borg
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | 46 
      Reply #25732: Oct 02, 2019 08:00:32 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25733: Oct 04, 2019 12:54:34 pm

Quick Reply