Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763967 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25760: Aug 12, 2020 12:34:14 pm
      Yet more dosh to swell club's market worth, when these do eventually sell up the executive,  board and shareholders etc are in line for an unbelievable pay out.
      Well played NESV your business acumen is beyond doubt, unlike their knowledge of soccer.

Most likely they will reap the rewards on the unimaginable, disastrous revelation of Jürgen Klopp's departure from LFC, our man does seem to set a 7 year tenureship span, hopefully this is not the case with LFC and he is here for decades.

If the worst scenario does materialise it is back to the disastrous pre-Klopp managerial appointments which will erode the club's market value and as stated this may persuade FSG to sell up while the going's good.
      Business acumen prioritising soccer loyalty, simple as.

Remind me who hired Klopp?? Is that an example of their lack of knowledge about "soccer"?

Is it Americans or rich capitalist owners you hate?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #25761: Aug 12, 2020 02:21:26 pm
      Yet more dosh to swell the club's market value, when these do eventually sell up the executive,  board and shareholders etc are in line for an unbelievable pay out.
      Well played NESV your business acumen is beyond doubt, unlike their knowledge of soccer.

Most likely they will reap the rewards on the unimaginable, disastrous revelation of Jürgen Klopp's departure from LFC when it does materialise, our man does seem to set a 7 year tenureship span, hopefully this is not the case with LFC and he is here for decades.

If the worst scenario does materialise it is back to the disastrous pre-Klopp managerial appointments which will erode the club's market value and as stated this may persuade FSG to sell up while the going's good.

Wow is me - oh how awful is life right now for the club under such awful dictators that are ruining our club with sweet F**k all success to show for all their hard work of the pitch  :roll:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25762: Aug 15, 2020 01:53:53 pm

Wow is me - oh how awful is life right now for the club under such awful dictators that are ruining our club with sweet F**k all success to show for all their hard work of the pitch  :roll:

Do you have problems with the written word.??
      I state nothing but very plausible scenarios that will eventually transpire, your diatribe is entirely presumption and agenda ridden waffle.

The owners visit Liverpool every Preston guild and spend their time in offices in Boston playing the markets as opposed to those individuals who put their heart and soul into LFC to bring the club the success we now enjoy.

Fair play (once again) to NESV for getting shut of the fraudsters at a cost of £360m and overseeing a self-sustaining asset now worth £2bn, their net input over the years since the acquisition of LFC is somewhere in the region of £80m net.

Cue more personal comment and General waffle.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25763: Aug 15, 2020 06:01:41 pm
      I state nothing but very plausible scenarios that will eventually transpire, your diatribe is entirely presumption and agenda ridden waffle.

The owners visit Liverpool every Preston guild and spend their time in offices in Boston playing the markets as opposed to those individuals who put their heart and soul into LFC to bring the club the success we now enjoy.

Fair play (once again) to NESV for getting shut of the fraudsters at a cost of £360m and overseeing a self-sustaining asset now worth £2bn, their net input over the years since the acquisition of LFC is somewhere in the region of £80m net.

Is it Americans or Capitalists you hate? Do you also hate them for hiring Klopp, redeveloping the stands and training facilities?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #25764: Aug 15, 2020 08:09:28 pm
      The owners visit Liverpool every Preston guild and spend their time in offices in Boston playing the markets 

I've seen you mention this more than once Stuey and have no idea why it bothers you so much that they don't be in the city that much?

They appoint someone to run the club who bases themselves here and I don't see why the likes of JW and Tom Werner should be expected to be in Liverpool every five minutes.

They appoint people to run the club, they hire people they feel will bring us success.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25765: Aug 16, 2020 10:25:53 am
      Yet more dosh to swell the club's market value, when these do eventually sell up the executive,  board and shareholders etc are in line for an unbelievable pay out.

Most likely they will reap the rewards on the unimaginable, disastrous revelation of Jürgen Klopp's departure from LFC when it does materialise, our man does seem to set a 7 year tenureship span, hopefully this is not the case with LFC and he is here for decades.

Stuey mate I can understand your dis-trust with American owners especially after the exploits of Haemorroids & Gonorrhoea, but these Yanks are just a tad different, they are of course business men and their sole impetus is to make as large a profit as they possibly can with whatever venture they set their minds to,

Their particular venture presently just happens to be Liverpool FC,  I don’t see the problem of them making their profit so long as they deliver the success we all want on the pitch, and they are, so as long as that keeps happening I don’t see the issues you do,

Who gives a F**k that they don’t adorn us with their presence during the campaign, in some ways that’s exactly what should happen, to stay the F**k away, they don’t need to be here, there are other more influential figures who are here and are needed more than H&W, and I’m fine with that too, I would imagine that when we can all celebrate our title win, with the victory parade etc they will make a appearance and that you will have something to say about that too, but why shouldn’t they, like or loathe them they are part and parcel of our successes,

As far as profit gained is concerned their welcome to it, we’ve waited 30 years to be Champions again, their ownership allowed that to happen, same with No6, the UEFA Champions cup, the Club World Cup thingy too, all those successes put smiles on our faces, brought the pride back to our club, made us believe again, made us Champions of the World, what price do you put on that, it’s immeasurable, so for me they can take all the profit they want, as long as we keep smiling.

Y  N  W  A

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25766: Aug 16, 2020 11:41:09 am

Stuey mate I can understand your dis-trust with American owners especially after the exploits of Haemorroids & Gonorrhoea, but these Yanks are just a tad different, they are of course business men and their sole impetus is to make as large a profit as they possibly can with whatever venture they set their minds to,

Their particular venture presently just happens to be Liverpool FC,  I don’t see the problem of them making their profit so long as they deliver the success we all want on the pitch, and they are, so as long as that keeps happening I don’t see the issues you do,

Who gives a F**k that they don’t adorn us with their presence during the campaign, in some ways that’s exactly what should happen, to stay the F**k away, they don’t need to be here, there are other more influential figures who are here and are needed more than H&W, and I’m fine with that too, I would imagine that when we can all celebrate our title win, with the victory parade etc they will make a appearance and that you will have something to say about that too, but why shouldn’t they, like or loathe them they are part and parcel of our successes,

As far as profit gained is concerned their welcome to it, we’ve waited 30 years to be Champions again, their ownership allowed that to happen, same with No6, the UEFA Champions cup, the Club World Cup thingy too, all those successes put smiles on our faces, brought the pride back to our club, made us believe again, made us Champions of the World, what price do you put on that, it’s immeasurable, so for me they can take all the profit they want, as long as we keep smiling.

Y  N  W  A

Mistrust of American owners per se is way off the mark Billy, the other pricks were fraudsters full stop, NESV are business entity who will look for a self-sustaining proposition that requires minimal or zero input that will give an excellent return when put on the market.

Unlike a bricks and mortar investment for instance,  a football club is an entirely different prospect with complex and ever changing variants that require understanding and familiarity not only with the game itself but the cultural ramifications entwined in its support structure.

Only a manager like Jürgen Klopp has the wherewithal to bring LFC the success it is enjoying, the years of failure under an assortment of managers is proof of the assertion, only Klopp's loyalty and love of the club and the city has brought glory to both.
      He has the genius and charisma to attract potential superstars which is why FSG paid a surprising fee for his services, that genius allows him to operate under minimal financial support from the owners.
      Jürgen and Jürgen alone has brought us the glory we craved mate and long may it continue, he is the most sought after manager on earth, little wonder FSG paid multi-millions of LFC money to acquire him.
       I really fail to understand the reasoning Billy, NESV are an example of astute market players and cannot even call football by its proper name, their one sound decision was appointing Klopp, he alone lets them share our glory (glory which of course strengthens their investment ).
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25767: Aug 16, 2020 01:35:00 pm
      I've seen you mention this more than once Stuey and have no idea why it bothers you so much that they don't be in the city that much?

They appoint someone to run the club who bases themselves here and I don't see why the likes of JW and Tom Werner should be expected to be in Liverpool every five minutes.

They appoint people to run the club, they hire people they feel will bring us success.

Mike Gordon and Tom Werner are responsible for the day to day running of the club and spend most of their time here, and our London offices.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #25768: Aug 16, 2020 05:25:32 pm
      Mike Gordon and Tom Werner are responsible for the day to day running of the club and spend most of their time here, and our London offices.

Shows how much I know mate ;D

That makes the post I was replying to make even less sense then.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #25769: Aug 16, 2020 05:28:38 pm
      Jürgen and Jürgen alone has brought us the glory we craved mate and long may it continue

Nonsense.

Jürgen would be one of the first to credit the ownership, Michael Edwards and his recruitment team in particular, for helping us get the success we have had over the last few years.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25770: Aug 16, 2020 06:00:34 pm
      Shows how much I know mate ;D

That makes the post I was replying to make even less sense then.

I've giiven up bothering to reply, I just play Bullshit Bingo with his posts now.

Boston Enclave

The asset that is LFC

Bricks and Mortar

All down to Klopp

Call football the "wrong name"

Market players

Hedge Funders

Absent owners

Eyes down for a full house!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25771: Aug 16, 2020 06:05:10 pm
      Nonsense.

Jürgen would be one of the first to credit the ownership, Michael Edwards and his recruitment team in particular, for helping us get the success we have had over the last few years.

Not sure if you remember the amount of grief thrown at Edwards, but I notice the people doing it have been awfully quiet over the last couple of years or so.

The drama when we signed Robertson for instance, because people seem to go by price alone, rather than Klopp saying "yes, I can work with this guy, he has what the team needs."

We now have a club where everyone is pulling in the same direction, with the exception of a few "supporters" who prefer whinging to winning.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #25772: Aug 16, 2020 07:20:31 pm

Mike Gordon and Werner - two key people within FSG and the two people that run the club are based in the UK and attend every single match.

They have worked very hard to make the club a success - I’m not sure what relevance their net input has - would you rather they spend like City and then debt against the owner ? Or maybe like United and debt against the club.

I would have thought having a club that self sustains is the goal - we don’t need to rely on loans or owners personal fortunes

And if the owners sell and make a profit that means they have made the club successful

Only someone so bitter would suggest the success is down to one person only - Edwards , Fallows and Gordon have a big part- take Salah for example , Klopp wasn’t convinced about him where as Edwards and Fallows were. , yet you only want to give credit to one person.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #25773: Aug 16, 2020 07:36:09 pm

Billy Hogan ain't it now with him taking Moores' job.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25774: Aug 16, 2020 07:41:43 pm
      Billy Hogan ain't it now with him taking Moores' job.

Hogan reports to Werner and Gordon, who make the executive decisions, which Hogan then implements.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25775: Aug 17, 2020 10:46:37 am
      Mike Gordon and Werner - two key people within FSG and the two people that run the club are based in the UK and attend every single match.

They have worked very hard to make the club a success - I’m not sure what relevance their net input has - would you rather they spend like City and then debt against the owner ? Or maybe like United and debt against the club.

I would have thought having a club that self sustains is the goal - we don’t need to rely on loans or owners personal fortunes

And if the owners sell and make a profit that means they have made the club successful

Only someone so bitter would suggest the success is down to one person only - Edwards , Fallows and Gordon have a big part- take Salah for example , Klopp wasn’t convinced about him where as Edwards and Fallows were. , yet you only want to give credit to one person.

More waffle and diversion.
      To pick up on a glaring error amongst the plethora of diversion is the reference to the Mancs and their manageable debt the club carried with their now deceased owner Glazer Snr ; not only an error but a contradiction of the FSG modus operandi.
      Glazer Snr. was fully aware that his investment was and is more than capable of bearing the burden of debt that it does, indeed in the recent past the club debt has been reduced somewhat.

The Mancs brand and global financial structure is strong enough to guarantee  any debt taken on board, although the Glazer siblings do not splash the cash like their father the market value and financial security of the club are sound  unlike the team's football results ;  the club suffered a double hit:- Glazer Snr their benefactor passing away and Ferguson retiring, observe their present dilemma.

LFC do not have owners who are willing to feed a guaranteed investment/asset just like the Glazer siblings, we do have the best manager on earth to keep the wolves from the door, no matter how much you attempt to spread the responsibility and creation of the club's success if it were not for Jürgen Klopp we would also be amongst the Europa also-rans with no solution at hand.

There endeth the analogy .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #25776: Aug 17, 2020 11:41:13 am
      More waffle and diversion.
      To pick up on a glaring error amongst the plethora of diversion is the reference to the Mancs and their manageable debt the club carried with their now deceased owner Glazer Snr ; not only an error but a contradiction of the FSG modus operandi.
      Glazer Snr. was fully aware that his investment was and is more than capable of bearing the burden of debt that it does, indeed in the recent past the club debt has been reduced somewhat.

The Mancs brand and global financial structure is strong enough to guarantee  any debt taken on board, although the Glazer siblings do not splash the cash like their father the market value and financial security of the club are sound  unlike the team's football results ;  the club suffered a double hit:- Glazer Snr their benefactor passing away and Ferguson retiring, observe their present dilemma.

LFC do not have owners who are willing to feed a guaranteed investment/asset just like the Glazer siblings, we do have the best manager on earth to keep the wolves from the door, no matter how much you attempt to spread the responsibility and creation of the club's success if it were not for Jürgen Klopp we would also be amongst the Europa also-rans with no solution at hand.

There endeth the analogy .

You are both deluded and F***ing clueless but also thankfully a dying breed of clueless fan
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #25777: Aug 17, 2020 11:48:02 am
      We literally had owners not too long ago who like the Glazers tried to run us on a leveraged buyout, if I remember rightly it didn't end very well 😂
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25778: Aug 17, 2020 12:52:16 pm
      F**k me stuey, using the mancs to prove some bizarre point, what are you doing?

Their debt hasn't decreased, they've won F**k all that brings in any major revenue, going out of the champions League has killed them and employing sh*t managers with a sh*t transfer policy has just been hammering more nails into their coffin.

The glazers, in whatever form, have paid out £700m in interest on their loans, £700m gone to the banks. They stand just shy of half a billion in debt with interest growing daily.

Using them as any kind of example just to kick fsg is sh*t mate, fsg aren't even slightly comparable as owners.

It's obviously pointless to try and sway your thinking as regards our owners and I honestly wouldn't bother trying but saying the glazers only leveraged debt on the club that is manageable is a sh*t argument mate.

£700m, just think what FSG have done with that money and not a cent has gone to a F***ing bank.

The only reason the Mancs were used Ian in context was that they are probably the only Prem outfit with the support base and financial structure that can compare with LFC.
      Any comparison with H&G and our present owners for whatever reason is baseless and faulted, they were frauds and acted illegally as was proven in the court's.
      To use the analogy in an attempt to credit FSG smacks of desperation.

The manc's debt stood at just shy of a billion a couple of years ago,  as time
       progressed it was reduced to 700m in spite of them winning F**k all and with the Glazer siblings in charge.
      As stated loyalty, good financial judgement and global sponsorship  qualfiy it is a manageable debt with the dosh continually flowing from the sources mentioned.

To an extent FSG could  employ a similar mantra and use some funds to bolster the squad for the sterner challenges ahead, our rivals are not subject to the financial constraints that we are.
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2020 01:08:04 pm by stuey »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #25779: Aug 17, 2020 01:06:02 pm
      Liverpool supporters: “City and Chelsea should be punished for their owners putting their own money unto the club to circumvent FFP”

Also Liverpool supporters: “FSG should be putting their own money into the club, FFP be damned!”
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25780: Aug 17, 2020 01:11:19 pm
      Liverpool supporters: “City and Chelsea should be punished for their owners putting their own money unto the club to circumvent FFP”

Also Liverpool supporters: “FSG should be putting their own money into the club, FFP be damned!”

JWH is a man of his word after insisting LFC will be a self-financing entity and he will not use FSG money to bolster the club.

Success in that scenario can only be achieved with a world class manager.
      Kopite78
      Reply #25781: Aug 17, 2020 01:18:47 pm
      JWH is a man of his word after insisting LFC will be a self-financing entity and he will not use FSG money to bolster the club.

Success in that scenario can only be achieved with a world class manager.

Which to be fair to them that's what they have done
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25782: Aug 17, 2020 03:26:40 pm
      Pretty sure Man U brought debt down by splitting shares, which has the short term effect of appearing to pay off debt while making the owners a good few quid, but in the long term is pretty unhealthy for the company (or club).

It's fine though.
      The Glazers made another sh*t ton of money from it, as they have with every other split.

Quick Reply