Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2766663 times
      Kopite78
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #25852: Aug 24, 2020 09:36:41 pm
      ā€œSpin itā€ ?

So we have sold a load of players and used the funds to help improve the squad each year to the point where the squad was good enough to win major trophies - itā€™s part of how the club has worked and has done for many years.

Do you remember when we sold Ian Rush and used the money to improve the squad ?

Did we not look to sign VVD the summer before Coutinho left ?

Yes I will defend the owners - because they have played their part in where we are right now , and I didnā€™t realise there was motives to being on here. Yes I donā€™t think the club should sign Thiago but then thatā€™s just an opinion but then I suspect itā€™s one the clubs shares

And Net spent is irrelevent- some focus on it far too much , a club that is self sufficient will have a low net spend because they rely on the funds being generated by the club - what else do you expect to happen ? Seen plenty of people demand the owners leave because of a net spend table - ignoring the actual table that matters.

But what Iā€™m quite clear about is that Klopp doesnā€™t do it all on his own -

Klopp makes it work, no doubt about it, absolutely zero.

Yes I do remember Rush leaving and us reinvesting but that was on top of other investment previously without selling, the correlation between selling Rush and becoming successful isnā€™t the same as now, absolutely not

I havenā€™t seen anyone call for them to go because of a net spend table either, but Iā€™m not going to ignore it either

I donā€™t mind and actually support the club to be self sufficient, absolutely. But Iā€™m not going to stand there and take people who see, to support the owners more than the club, it utter laughable bollocks

JĆ¼rgen makes this system work. Their last manager couldnā€™t do it as the players signed for him he had no idea how to make them work, JĆ¼rgen gets them and does. So to be blind to the fact that Klopp knits it together is laughable 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,039 posts | 3431 
      Reply #25853: Aug 24, 2020 09:44:14 pm
      Klopp makes it work, no doubt about it, absolutely zero.

Yes I do remember Rush leaving and us reinvesting but that was on top of other investment previously without selling, the correlation between selling Rush and becoming successful isnā€™t the same as now, absolutely not

I havenā€™t seen anyone call for them to go because of a net spend table either, but Iā€™m not going to ignore it either

I donā€™t mind and actually support the club to be self sufficient, absolutely. But Iā€™m not going to stand there and take people who see, to support the owners more than the club, it utter laughable bollocks

JĆ¼rgen makes this system work. Their last manager couldnā€™t do it as the players signed for him he had no idea how to make them work, JĆ¼rgen gets them and does. So to be blind to the fact that Klopp knits it together is laughable

I donā€™t see how someone can support the owners more than the club - they are a big part of the club and supporting the club includes supporting all aspects of it.

Any successful club has a successful manager at the helm - even the ones who spend spend spend have a successful managed knitting it all together along with his staff and the team above them - not sure where anyone is blind to Klopp ultimately doing the job he is employed to do - but there is a very good team helping him - itā€™s not some sort one man band , the Salah story is the perfect example.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #25854: Aug 24, 2020 09:55:53 pm
      However you spin it we wouldnt have signed those players without selling

Coutinho Ā£146m
      Ings 20m
      Canos 4.5
      Skrtel 6m
      Ibe 15m
      Allen 13
      Smith 6
      Benteke 32
      Luis Alberto 6
      Illori 3.5
      Wisdom 4.5
      Lucas 6
      Stewart 8
      Sakho 26
      Ward 12
      Solanke 19
      Camacho 7
      Mignolet 8
      Kent 7
      Allan 3
      Lovren 10.9

Now say what you want about if they were wanted or if they were good enough but had we not sold them we wouldnt have signed any of the above

The most telling is obviously the signing of Alisson and Virgil but had we not sold Coutinho they wouldnt have happened
      Simple

I'm not somebody who 'hates' the owners but HTM is spot on, without JĆ¼rgen this system would fail like it did before him and potentially like it will when he goes

I'm not sure about your motives on here, you defend the owners to the end degree, you attempt to pull apart potential signings as not really worth it which can only be at best suspicious as they are world class players that would only improve us. Yet you dont see it
      That's not saying we should definitely sign them but you dismiss it out of hand which as I said is suspicious
      You get weirdly defensive when people question net spend which is valid, as again we dont sign Virgil and Alisson, two absolute game changers without selling the at the time prize assets

Weird lad, truth be told

They arent all bad, of course not, but the way you make them out is that their piss tastes of lemonade.

Truth is, they got lucky on the pitch by JĆ¼rgen turning out to be an absolute wonder
      But the same method didnt work before him and it may well not work after him

To be fair they got lucky by appointing a manager with a proven record of matching and beating clubs with more money, ie bayern and dortmund. The previous manager did come close to winning the league too.
      Kopite78
      Reply #25855: Aug 24, 2020 10:01:19 pm
      To be fair they got lucky by appointing a manager with a proven record of matching and beating clubs with more money, ie bayern and dortmund. The previous manager did come close to winning the league too.

He did, but once he lost one of his star players and was given players to replace and he didnt know how to use them it fell apart quickly

They did fantastically well to convince klopp, Klopp has done wonders to make their system work.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      Reply #25856: Aug 24, 2020 10:08:51 pm
      He did, but once he lost one of his star players and was given players to replace and he didnt know how to use them it fell apart quickly

They did fantastically well to convince klopp, Klopp has done wonders to make their system work.

To be honest, the players weren't of the same quality which wasn't all his fault
      Kopite78
      Reply #25857: Aug 24, 2020 10:10:27 pm
      To be honest, the players weren't of the same quality which wasn't all his fault

At the same time he had no idea how to use Firmino for example

And if the players werenā€™t the of enough quality whoā€™s fault is that
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      Reply #25858: Aug 24, 2020 10:36:09 pm
      At the same time he had no idea how to use Firmino for example

And if the players werenā€™t the of enough quality whoā€™s fault is that

You really think he wanted balotelli ?
      Kopite78
      Reply #25859: Aug 24, 2020 10:39:45 pm
      You really think he wanted balotelli ?

You think he made the best of Bobby?

So he didnā€™t want Mario, whoā€™s fault is it he got him? The system/owners?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      Reply #25860: Aug 24, 2020 10:45:10 pm
      You think he made the best of Bobby?

So he didnā€™t want Mario, whoā€™s fault is it he got him? The system/owners?

I think the 'transfer commitee' were responsible for Mario, as for firming then it was difficult for him as the team was struggling and he wasn't an immediate success when JĆ¼rgen took over.
      Kopite78
      Reply #25861: Aug 24, 2020 10:47:53 pm
      I think the 'transfer commitee' were responsible for Mario, as for firming then it was difficult for him as the team was struggling and he wasn't an immediate success when JĆ¼rgen took over.

Whoā€™s idea was the transfer committee?

Brendanā€™s idea for Bobby was to essentially have no idea.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      Reply #25862: Aug 24, 2020 10:55:16 pm
      Whoā€™s idea was the transfer committee?

Brendanā€™s idea for Bobby was to essentially have no idea.

Mario was a bad signing, not sure what point you are trying to make, doesn't matter what the set up, a dof or the manager signing people, not all signings work out.  As for Bobby as I said it took him a while to settle down at a bad time for the club.  He didn't suddenly start playing well when JĆ¼rgen took over.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #25863: Aug 25, 2020 01:47:50 am

Is this some sort of piss take ?

ā€œAlarming net spendā€ tables ?! What sort of sh*te is that ?

Are you telling me you are that bothered that the club sold the likes of Ibe , Solanke etc and were able to buy the likes of Mane and Salah ?

The club works on a self sufficent model - smart transfers is key in that and the club have shown recently that they are every smart in the market ?

The club have spent over Ā£700mil maybe more with these owners - with Klopp spending a significant amount of money on players

Alisson Ā£65mil
      VVD- Ā£75mil
      Fabinho Ā£50 mil
      Keita Ā£60 mil
      Ox - Ā£35mil
      Mane -Ā£35mil
      Salah Ā£40mil

Our starting 11 cost more than the Bayern one that won the CL - so what exactly are these ā€œrestraints ā€œ - the manager has spent a lot of money

Under FSG, weā€™ve always sold players to buy players and very rarely does that model bring success on the pitch, especially in the modern game and especially in the premier league where youā€™ve got the wealth of United, City and Chelsea to compete with.

Weā€™ve done some great business in recent years where weā€™ve sold some absolute crabs for big money, meaning we could bring players in of a reasonable quality.

And that is where the genius of JĆ¼rgen Klopp comes in. He can work with decent players and turn them into great ones. He knows how to get the best out of them. He knows how to coach them.

If you go through our team there are several players klopp has signed who were considered just alright players at the time and now theyā€™re world class. Do you think those players would have hit those heights and performed at those levels under Brendan Rodgers? Give over.

We were languishing around 8th before Klopp came in with one league cup in ten years to show for ourselves. He has transformed us into world champions, nobody else. So forgive me for thinking that it will all go to sh*t when JĆ¼rgen does move on.

By all means tell me who you think can come to Liverpool, work under this FSG model and compete on all fronts when we have a lower net spend than the likes of Brighton. Iā€™d be interested to hear your thoughts on that but I canā€™t think of anybody else other than JĆ¼rgen Klopp.

Iā€™ll finish this post by saying that I would expect, after having a low net spend for the past five years, and after having made a fortune in both prize money and tv money that our owners would invest in a couple of top players to boost our chances of staying on our perch. Doesnā€™t look like they will though.

So JĆ¼rgen, please stay forever. Please.

Kopite78
      Reply #25864: Aug 25, 2020 07:34:55 am
      Mario was a bad signing, not sure what point you are trying to make, doesn't matter what the set up, a dof or the manager signing people, not all signings work out.  As for Bobby as I said it took him a while to settle down at a bad time for the club.  He didn't suddenly start playing well when JĆ¼rgen took over.

I agree that not all signings work out. But you're missing the point I'm making

Bobby didnt settle immediately when JĆ¼rgen took over but JĆ¼rgen started playing him in a role that suited him in this league. Brendan didnt, hej ust shoved him wide and crossed his fingers
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,039 posts | 3431 
      Reply #25865: Aug 25, 2020 07:46:01 am
      Under FSG, weā€™ve always sold players to buy players and very rarely does that model bring success on the pitch, especially in the modern game and especially in the premier league where youā€™ve got the wealth of United, City and Chelsea to compete with.

Is that not part of a self sufficient model ?

When the club was that poor commercially a lot of the transfer budget comes from recycling the squad - removing players that we donā€™t need or want to leave and replacing them.

As for itā€™s success - if you have the right transfer structure in place and find the right players then it can be successful

We have just won the title and CL in consecutive seasons using that model

City - oil billionaire, Chelsea- oil billionaire , UTD - half a billion in leveraged debt ( spent over Ā£1.2bn in interest payments) - would you prefer their model ?

Weā€™ve done some great business in recent years where weā€™ve sold some absolute crabs for big money, meaning we could bring players in of a reasonable quality.

And that is where the genius of JĆ¼rgen Klopp comes in. He can work with decent players and turn them into great ones. He knows how to get the best out of them. He knows how to coach them.

Is it also not the genius of Edwards and Fallows ? The people who identify the players to bring in and also get good money fit players we sell ?

If you go through our team there are several players klopp has signed who were considered just alright players at the time and now theyā€™re world class. Do you think those players would have hit those heights and performed at those levels under Brendan Rodgers? Give over.

Who considered that these players were ā€œjust alrightā€ ? The transfer team ? Or the fans ?

And which players are we talking about here ? Alisson who was clearly one of the best in the world ? Same with VVD , Fabinho . Then players like Mane who was superb in the Prem - the truth is surely that they saw the potential in the players which is why they bought them ?

Is that not how we used to do things - find the players that have the potential to become quality players and build from there ?

We were languishing around 8th before Klopp came in with one league cup in ten years to show for ourselves. He has transformed us into world champions, nobody else. So forgive me for thinking that it will all go to sh*t when JĆ¼rgen does move on.

Did we not nearly win the league just before Klopp arrived ?

Do Edwards and Co not get credit for finding these players - how about Salah who Klopp didnā€™t really want , preferring Brandt instead but Edwards etc persuaded him of Salahs ability - one man canā€™t do it all
      By all means tell me who you think can come to Liverpool, work under this FSG model and compete on all fronts when we have a lower net spend than the likes of Brighton. Iā€™d be interested to hear your thoughts on that but I canā€™t think of anybody else other than JĆ¼rgen Klopp.

Why would I be thinking of who will replace Klopp yet ? His contract isnt ending yet and when he does come to the end of tenure then no doubt the club with his help will find someone who can work within the same model
      Iā€™ll finish this post by saying that I would expect, after having a low net spend for the past five years, and after having made a fortune in both prize money and tv money that our owners would invest in a couple of top players to boost our chances of staying on our perch. Doesnā€™t look like they will though.

So JĆ¼rgen, please stay forever. Please.

Why would you expect that ? Have you not seen the accounts and how much money we already spend ?

Do you even begin to understand the potential impact on the finances of the club from the virus ? We were prob due to have profits of close to Ā£100mil which the manager would have used for players like Werner but the club are rightly being cautious in their spending until the full impact is known

Unless you expect the owners to be spending their own personal money to buy players ? Or to put debt on the club ?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #25866: Aug 25, 2020 11:45:26 am
      Is that not part of a self sufficient model ?

When the club was that poor commercially a lot of the transfer budget comes from recycling the squad - removing players that we donā€™t need or want to leave and replacing them.

As for itā€™s success - if you have the right transfer structure in place and find the right players then it can be successful

We have just won the title and CL in consecutive seasons using that model

City - oil billionaire, Chelsea- oil billionaire , UTD - half a billion in leveraged debt ( spent over Ā£1.2bn in interest payments) - would you prefer their model ?

Is it also not the genius of Edwards and Fallows ? The people who identify the players to bring in and also get good money fit players we sell ?

Who considered that these players were ā€œjust alrightā€ ? The transfer team ? Or the fans ?

And which players are we talking about here ? Alisson who was clearly one of the best in the world ? Same with VVD , Fabinho . Then players like Mane who was superb in the Prem - the truth is surely that they saw the potential in the players which is why they bought them ?

Is that not how we used to do things - find the players that have the potential to become quality players and build from there ?

Did we not nearly win the league just before Klopp arrived ?

Do Edwards and Co not get credit for finding these players - how about Salah who Klopp didnā€™t really want , preferring Brandt instead but Edwards etc persuaded him of Salahs ability - one man canā€™t do it all
      Why would I be thinking of who will replace Klopp yet ? His contract isnt ending yet and when he does come to the end of tenure then no doubt the club with his help will find someone who can work within the same model
      Why would you expect that ? Have you not seen the accounts and how much money we already spend ?

Do you even begin to understand the potential impact on the finances of the club from the virus ? We were prob due to have profits of close to Ā£100mil which the manager would have used for players like Werner but the club are rightly being cautious in their spending until the full impact is known

Unless you expect the owners to be spending their own personal money to buy players ? Or to put debt on the club ?

Before I reply, I just want to say that I donā€™t think FSG are terrible owners. Ashley is a terrible owner. Hicks and Gillette were terrible owners. I put FSG in the ok bracket. They could be a lot worse but theyā€™re not exactly great either.

Ok, so first thing, for a club like ours to have a lower net spend than Brighton I find pretty ridiculous in truth. Under any normal circumstances, we would not be competing on the pitch. The only reason we are is because of Klopp. Thereā€™s no reason to talk about bankruptcy or the uncertainty of our future due to covid, Brighton should never be out spending us, ever.

Yes we have just won the European cup and title. So yes it is possible to be successful under this model....but only when you have JĆ¼rgen klopp as the manager. Name another club who have done the same in recent years using a similar model to us?

No I donā€™t want a billionaire owner. But in the modern game you usually need to spend some money to compete and itā€™s very rare you win trophies if you donā€™t. Selling players to buy players doesnā€™t normally work. Again, give me examples where it does. You keep saying the model is fine and Iā€™ll keep asking for examples. The only person who can make it work is klopp. It didnā€™t work before him and it wonā€™t work after him either.

Ok, yes we did nearly win the league under Brendan, because we had the best player in the world at the time who had an incredible season. He also brought the best out of sturridge so between them they gave us a chance by scoring 50 goals or so. But ultimately, we had a crab back five who cost us the league. Maybe if FSG had invested in a couple of players then we would have gotten over the line.

So we came so close to winning the league, what did our owners do? Did they keep all of our players and invest in a couple more in the areas that we needed strengthening so we could go again and challenge after going so close? Ah no, I remember now, they sold the player who nearly won us the league and replaced him with several crabs keeping the net spend nice and tidy...and where did we finish again?

The players klopp signed were just alright. I cba debating with you if youā€™re just going to talk tripe mate and make out we signed already made great players. Literally every player weā€™ve signed were playing at a lower standard to what we are. Even VVD and Alison have gone up a few levels since working under klopp, neither of them were performing at the standards they are now. What numbers was mane hitting in the Prem before he came here? Donā€™t know why youā€™d make out he was tearing the league up because he just wasnā€™t. But he has been since working with JĆ¼rgen. Itā€™s my opinion that had we signed mane under any different manager then he would never had reached the heights he has now. In fact, that goes for a lot, if not all of our players, which is the whole point of what Iā€™m saying. Klopp is a genius. And without him it doesnā€™t work.

Youā€™re using a bit of a get out of jail card by saying why would you think about JĆ¼rgen leaving. Youā€™re the one saying the the model works. So you should be able to list a group of managers with relative ease that could come here, work under FSG and deliver the same results as what JĆ¼rgen has. To make it easier for you, I consider klopp as the best manager in the world. In second place Iā€™d give that to Pep. Would you agree with that? So could Pep come here, work under this model and deliver the same results as JĆ¼rgen do you think?

Why wouldnā€™t I expect a club who has just won the title to invest in a couple of players to help keep us on our perch? Isnā€™t that what the big clubs do? Especially ones the size of ours? Find that a bit bizarre you asking why I would expect that. Do you expect to keep the same squad for ten years and never bring in players then? Or if we we want or need players then we should sell virgil or Salah first?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25867: Aug 25, 2020 11:53:26 am

Is this some sort of piss take ?

ā€œAlarming net spendā€ tables ?! What sort of sh*te is that ?

Are you telling me you are that bothered that the club sold the likes of Ibe , Solanke etc and were able to buy the likes of Mane and Salah ?

The club works on a self sufficent model - smart transfers is key in that and the club have shown recently that they are every smart in the market ?

The club have spent over Ā£700mil maybe more with these owners - with Klopp spending a significant amount of money on players

Alisson Ā£65mil
      VVD- Ā£75mil
      Fabinho Ā£50 mil
      Keita Ā£60 mil
      Ox - Ā£35mil
      Mane -Ā£35mil
      Salah Ā£40mil

Our starting 11 cost more than the Bayern one that won the CL - so what exactly are these ā€œrestraints ā€œ - the manager has spent a lot of money

Don't forget the income from Cou and the sale of other players
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #25868: Aug 25, 2020 11:53:49 am
      And Suarez
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #25869: Aug 25, 2020 11:55:47 am

You seem to be confused about a mere coincidence and calling it a consistent 'break'

Then you shout at people when actually you're the one who is wrong and talking nonsense

His new deal takes him to 2024.. That's 9 years anyway, god forbid he has a holiday in the summer of 2022 or you'll be claiming that's his 7 year 'break'

Where have I called a coincidental 7 year break "consistent"?
      There is no reference whatever in that context to the word "consistent", you create anomalies to add some weight to your obscure agenda.

The thrust of my posts is the hope that Klopp remains in his post for as long as possible and does not leave us at the mercy of the Boston crew.
      A sentiment you broadly agree with so why do you disappear up your own arsehole trying to create an argument?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,039 posts | 3431 
      Reply #25870: Aug 25, 2020 12:35:31 pm
      Don't forget the income from Cou and the sale of other players

What about it ? We used it to improve the squad did we not ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,039 posts | 3431 
      Reply #25871: Aug 25, 2020 12:36:51 pm
      Bang on

I am very much in the same camp as you, but to some- - who then try to lead you to believe they arent more than super fans of FSG or merely pointing stuff out that we acknowledge- you cant just think they're ok owners who we believe they should do more when the time to capitalise is there
      As you say post Suarez, right now.. it's time to double down but they dont or wont

I dont think they're bad owners, I just dont think they're the best and 100% agree that without this once in a lifetime manager it wouldn't work like it didnt with the other managers under their tenure

Ok - what more do you want them to do ?

Is it just about spending more money ? Where do you want the money to come from - the owners own personal money ?

What do you want from them
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25872: Aug 25, 2020 12:42:01 pm
      I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who are better owners, and not in the oil billionaire, oligarch bracket.

I've asked this question a few times, so I doubt I'll get a reply.

It seems it's a lot easier to just piss and moan, with the inevitable and rather silly "net spend" argument now in play.

Just to recap, not only have we built a trophy winning team, we've done it while expanding the stadium and building a new training complex.

So, tell me, where are these mythical better owners, who are not  oil billionaires or oligarchs?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,039 posts | 3431 
      Reply #25873: Aug 25, 2020 12:48:49 pm
      Before I reply, I just want to say that I donā€™t think FSG are terrible owners. Ashley is a terrible owner. Hicks and Gillette were terrible owners. I put FSG in the ok bracket. They could be a lot worse but theyā€™re not exactly great either.

Ok, so first thing, for a club like ours to have a lower net spend than Brighton I find pretty ridiculous in truth. Under any normal circumstances, we would not be competing on the pitch. The only reason we are is because of Klopp. Thereā€™s no reason to talk about bankruptcy or the uncertainty of our future due to covid, Brighton should never be out spending us, ever.

We have spent more money than Brighton ? Our gross spend is more than theirs is it not ? World record fees for a GK and CB ?

The issue is you focus on net spend - which just means that the club does very well with the fees they pay and also sell . Does it really mean anything if a club has a higher net spend than others ? But is less successful on the pitch ? Since when did we judge a club on ā€œnet spendā€ tables.

Surely itā€™s a good thing that we have managed to spend so well recruiting such a great team - it should be a positive not a negative

Yes we have just won the European cup and title. So yes it is possible to be successful under this model....but only when you have JĆ¼rgen klopp as the manager. Name another club who have done the same in recent years using a similar model to us?

Munch have won the CL spending less than us , Leicester won the League as well. The model is not going to change

No I donā€™t want a billionaire owner. But in the modern game you usually need to spend some money to compete and itā€™s very rare you win trophies if you donā€™t. Selling players to buy players doesnā€™t normally work. Again, give me examples where it does. You keep saying the model is fine and Iā€™ll keep asking for examples. The only person who can make it work is klopp. It didnā€™t work before him and it wonā€™t work after him either.

We have spent money - a lot of it , we have bought very well and prob lost one first team in the 5 years

Ok, yes we did nearly win the league under Brendan, because we had the best player in the world at the time who had an incredible season. He also brought the best out of sturridge so between them they gave us a chance by scoring 50 goals or so. But ultimately, we had a crab back five who cost us the league. Maybe if FSG had invested in a couple of players then we would have gotten over the line.

So we came so close to winning the league, what did our owners do? Did they keep all of our players and invest in a couple more in the areas that we needed strengthening so we could go again and challenge after going so close? Ah no, I remember now, they sold the player who nearly won us the league and replaced him with several crabs keeping the net spend nice and tidy...and where did we finish again?

The players klopp signed were just alright. I cba debating with you if youā€™re just going to talk tripe mate and make out we signed already made great players. Literally every player weā€™ve signed were playing at a lower standard to what we are. Even VVD and Alison have gone up a few levels since working under klopp, neither of them were performing at the standards they are now. What numbers was mane hitting in the Prem before he came here? Donā€™t know why youā€™d make out he was tearing the league up because he just wasnā€™t. But he has been since working with JĆ¼rgen. Itā€™s my opinion that had we signed mane under any different manager then he would never had reached the heights he has now. In fact, that goes for a lot, if not all of our players, which is the whole point of what Iā€™m saying. Klopp is a genius. And without him it doesnā€™t work.

Youā€™re using a bit of a get out of jail card by saying why would you think about JĆ¼rgen leaving. Youā€™re the one saying the the model works. So you should be able to list a group of managers with relative ease that could come here, work under FSG and deliver the same results as what JĆ¼rgen has. To make it easier for you, I consider klopp as the best manager in the world. In second place Iā€™d give that to Pep. Would you agree with that? So could Pep come here, work under this model and deliver the same results as JĆ¼rgen do you think?

Why wouldnā€™t I expect a club who has just won the title to invest in a couple of players to help keep us on our perch? Isnā€™t that what the big clubs do? Especially ones the size of ours? Find that a bit bizarre you asking why I would expect that. Do you expect to keep the same squad for ten years and never bring in players then? Or if we we want or need players then we should sell virgil or Salah first?
      Does the club still not buy players each year ?

And no Pep wouldnā€™t work under us - but Nagelsmann could imo and Hassenhutl as well

Simple question- you understand the model the club works under

What money do you want them to spend ?

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25874: Aug 25, 2020 12:54:30 pm
      I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who are better owners, and not in the oil billionaire, oligarch bracket.

I've asked this question a few times, so I doubt I'll get a reply.

It seems it's a lot easier to just piss and moan, with the inevitable and rather silly "net spend" argument now in play.

Just to recap, not only have we built a trophy winning team, we've done it while expanding the stadium and building a new training complex.

So, tell me, where are these mythical better owners, who are not  oil billionaires or oligarchs?

Mate, you are ruining everybody's fun here.  :)

I expect a period of silence and then the cycle of complaint against the owners to reboot afterward

Quick Reply