Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2765090 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26174: Jan 25, 2021 08:23:14 pm
      So it's better we just miss out on the Champions League because they don't want to find a £20m loan?

Not good enough. They can f**k right off.

Someone call Villa and get their accountant on the job.

Also, find out what they done that protected their finances from covid

Christian Purslow is the CEO of Villa I think...
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #26175: Jan 25, 2021 08:41:51 pm
      I’m not sure why all the hate for our owners.
      It’s a business. They are running it well.
      From where we were in 2007-2010 financially until they took us over we have won the league cup, a league title, a champions league and world club cup as well. Also finished 2nd twice, and runners up in fa cup, champions league and Europa league.
      All by using a system that works for them.
      We have a transfer committee which works well most of the time and probably one of the most talented squads we have assembled since the 80s.

The problem is at the minute we need a defender but unless we spend big (as everyone will know how desperate we are and up the price) we are only signing a short term stop gap. Perhaps we have already had somebody lined up for the summer. But it’s always been the case that if we want a certain player (VVD, Thiago) we are happy to wait for them and not settle for second best.

I would much rather have these owners than Newcastle’s, Manchester City’s or uniteds.

I’m not saying they are perfect, but they are using a model which has worked well for them over the years with different ventures and the idea they will suddenly break that tradition and hurriedly spend tens of millions on a player is unrealistic. Plus, perhaps the players just are not available right now.

But unless your club is owned by fans (like some lower leagues clubs are), then owners are really only interested in making money.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26176: Jan 25, 2021 08:58:57 pm
      Bullshit!

If we sold Origi we'd buy a CB.

Question is if we're self sufficient where the f**k is the champions league money and prem league winners cash?

We should have had enough to buy a CB.

Pretty much nailed it.

There's nothing worse than some condescending dickhead using the 'you clearly don't understand finances' or 'well its clear you've never ran a business before' lines.

Its no ordinary business and the conversations should exclusively be about how much they value that small matter of on pitch performance as opposed to the odd risk.

They've done plenty right and they've admitted themselves that they've done plenty wrong. This falls into the latter. There isn't an argument against besides the one that comes from the top reds in the FSG can't do wrong crew.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,936 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26177: Jan 25, 2021 08:58:58 pm
      So it's better we just miss out on the Champions League because they don't want to find a £20m loan?

Not good enough. They can f**k right off.

Someone call Villa and get their accountant on the job.

Also, find out what they done that protected their finances from covid

So our owners are not good enough according to you Mr 30 posts man, and you want Aston Villa’s accountant on the job do ya ?

Well please enlighten me of when exactly did Aston Villa win the premiership, I missed that, Oh and please tell me,
      When did Aston Villa win the Champions League, I must have abducted by aliens when that happened, not forgetting all the other silverware we have won since our ‘ Not Good Enough’ owners bought the club,

Bit of advice sonny, try engaging your wee brain cell before operating that hole in yer face.

Aston Villa’s accountant F**k me heard it all now !
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #26178: Jan 25, 2021 09:08:10 pm

So our owners are not good enough according to you Mr 30 posts man, and you want Aston Villa’s accountant on the job do ya ?

Well please enlighten me of when exactly did Aston Villa win the premiership, I missed that, Oh and please tell me,
      When did Aston Villa win the Champions League, I must have abducted by aliens when that happened, not forgetting all the other silverware we have won since our ‘ Not Good Enough’ owners bought the club,

Bit of advice sonny, try engaging your wee brain cell before operating that hole in yer face.

Aston Villa’s accountant f**k me heard it all now !

Well you've got some lovely manners.

It's people like you that stopped me posting for 13+ years.

Think you can verbally attack someone for having A PERSONAL OPINION.

Learn some manners before you speak to me or keep your lonely lockdown rage to yourself 😘
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #26179: Jan 25, 2021 09:09:34 pm

That’s the point of his post Billy a no mark club who have won F**k all compared to us can find £20M during Covid.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #26180: Jan 25, 2021 09:14:51 pm
      Well you've got some lovely manners.

It's people like you that stopped me posting for 13+ years.

Think you can verbally attack someone for having A PERSONAL OPINION.

Learn some manners before you speak to me or keep your lonely lockdown rage to yourself 😘

To be honest, the most worrying thing about his post is that he's managed to type that many derogatory things about you and not mention that F***ing terrible, terrible username of yours.

And Billy, trying to make out that somebody is  less likely to have an opinion as worthy as yours just because they've only got so many posts on a internet forum is Tory as F**k. Not for me, mate.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #26181: Jan 25, 2021 09:23:23 pm
      To be honest, the most worrying thing about his post is that he's managed to type that many derogatory things about you and not mention that f**king terrible, terrible username of yours.

And Billy, trying to make out that somebody is  less likely to have an opinion as worthy as yours just because they've only got so many posts on a internet forum is Tory as f**k. Not for me, mate.

I thought my username was quite original 😂

Can imagine it being sung on the kop returning match day 🤣
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #26182: Jan 25, 2021 09:27:06 pm
      That’s the point of his post Billy a no mark club who have won f**k all compared to us can find £20M during Covid.

I don’t think the club were fully prepared to lose Gomez, none of us were, I think the anger is misplaced, we knew about Virgil but in Klopp thoughts I guess we had cover in Gomez, Matip & Fabinho at worst..

Saying that, once Gomez got injured we should have bought cover in immediately & that’s on the owners after declining Klopps request..
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #26183: Jan 25, 2021 09:28:09 pm
      Again for the people who are not getting it WE DO NOT NEED TO BUY WE CAN LOAN
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #26184: Jan 25, 2021 09:37:32 pm

Mate it just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm confident even Mike Ashley goes and signs a CB should they find themselves in our position.

This is unheard of in elite Premier League football
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #26185: Jan 25, 2021 09:38:12 pm

You defo live on subs in your local.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #26186: Jan 25, 2021 09:51:44 pm
      I have no idea what this means but Si Hughes has retweeted it

https://twitter.com/mjshrimper/status/1353820189658374144?s=19
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #26187: Jan 25, 2021 09:53:25 pm
      You defo live on subs in your local.

Come again ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #26188: Jan 25, 2021 10:05:22 pm
      Which one of Kenny Dalglish, Brendan Rodgers or Jürgen Klopp was disastrous then?

Which one brought us success?
      Know exactly the sub-text to the question which is why appointments and dismissals are mentioned.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #26189: Jan 25, 2021 10:11:06 pm

wow,so because the poster only has 30 posts his opinion isn't valid/valued?Villa's net spend is more than ours in the 5 years Jürgen has been with us (3 season's were spent in the Championship)and as you pointed out they've won nowt (with no Europe)add to that our attendances from the 2018-19 are higher, how can there be no money in the pot now for Jürgen when we urgently need a CB,the owners should be held to account.If you don't agree with my post fair enough it's just my opinion so try and be civil and put your view across instead of getting personal and offensive.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26190: Jan 25, 2021 10:17:06 pm
      Trying to look at this without the hysteria.

Wages are still around 58% of turnover, which is borderline unsustainable. That's for 2018/19, and they have gone up since then, but so had turnover, so with previous turnover the ratio would have stayed the same.

We've lost matchday revenue, which is about an 8% loss or about 22% of wages.

So we've lost a chunk of turnover, but our wage bill is higher than for the last set figures (2018/19).

It doesn't take a F***ing genius to see there's an issue.

So, the issue then is (bearing in mind FSG won't just shell out, and can't anyway because of FFP), could FSG lend the club the money?
      yes they could.
      Which would leave the club having to pay it back.

Could they get a player on loan?
      Probably.

So then, assuming we bring a player in, which senior player gets dropped from the 25 man squad to make way?
      Would dropping VVD from the squad send a bad message to the player?

How about Gomez?

Of course it doesn't have to be like for like, but it makes no sense to drop Origi from the squad.
      OK, so we sell him, and somehow manage to get 15 million for him (according to transfer market his value is 14.4m)

Who are we going to get for 15m that is any F***ing better than one of the young lads, bearing in mind Matip will be playing games as well?

If you're going to say "There must be someone", F**k off. Specifics or else it's just moaning for the sake of it.

And then, what if Klopp doesn't want this bargain basement CB, which seems quite likely, bearing in mind the tools they would need or we might as well just stay with what we've got.

So, back we come to loans.
      Same thing as regards skillset. One of the most valuable assets a CB needs to have in our system is pace, but pace costs, and we ain't gonna get it for £15 million.

Then there's the real issue, which is that we are in a run of bad form.
      We all know it, or should do.

See, when we twatted Palace, CB wasn't an issue.

VVD played when Villa twatted us.

The issue is that we are misfiring, the same as we do at some point every season.
      The 2 presvious seasons were a bit of an anomaly, because even when we played sh*t, we found a way to win, had a bit of luck, whatever, but we got the points.
      This season it's not happening.

Do I think we need a CB?
      Yes.

Do I think the lack of one is causing our problems, where we have chances, but don't score?
      No.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26191: Jan 25, 2021 10:20:53 pm
      Mate it just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm confident even Mike Ashley goes and signs a CB should they find themselves in our position.

This is unheard of in elite Premier League football

You mean like in the past few seasons when city had to play Fernandinho at CB, or utd were playing midfielders at CB, bothe times because of injury.

Yes, absolutely unheard of  :roll:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #26192: Jan 25, 2021 10:21:33 pm

Wages are still around 58% of turnover, which is borderline unsustainable. That's for 2018/19, and they have gone up since then, but so had turnover, so with previous turnover the ratio would have stayed the same.

So we've lost a chunk of turnover, but our wage bill is higher than for the last set figures (2018/19).

It doesn't take a f**king genius to see there's an issue.

So, the issue then is (bearing in mind FSG won't just shell out, and can't anyway because of FFP), could FSG lend the club the money?
      yes they could.

Probably.

So then, assuming we bring a player in, which senior player gets dropped from the 25 man squad to make way?

How about Gomez?

Of course it doesn't have to be like for like, but it makes no sense to drop Origi from the squad.
      OK, so we sell him, and somehow manage to get 15 million for him (according to transfer market his value is 14.4m)

Who are we going to get for 15m that is any f**king better than one of the young lads, bearing in mind Matip will be playing games as well?

If you're going to say "There must be someone", f**k off. Specifics or else it's just moaning for the sake of it.

And then, what if Klopp doesn't want this bargain basement CB, which seems quite likely, bearing in mind the tools they would need or we might as well just stay with what we've got.

Same thing as regards skillset. One of the most valuable assets a CB needs to have in our system is pace, but pace costs, and we ain't gonna get it for £15 million.

The issue is that we are misfiring, the same as we do at some point every season.
      The 2 presvious seasons were a bit of an anomaly, because even when we played sh*t, we found a way to win, had a bit of luck, whatever, but we got the points.

Do I think we need a CB?
      Yes.

Do I think the lack of one is causing our problems, where we have chances, but don't score?
      No.

But what do you think of the username, Mmmklopp?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #26193: Jan 25, 2021 10:24:47 pm
      But what do you think of the username, Mmmklopp?

don't really give a F**k.

I do know though that he is on an agenda, almost from his first post, along with another newbie, that it causes tons of sh*t, I've seen it  before and can't be F***ing arsed with it.

Not sure that's the answer you wanted, but it's the best I can do ;)
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #26194: Jan 25, 2021 10:33:56 pm

It doesn't take a f**king genius to see there's an issue.

yes they could.

Probably.

How about Gomez?

Who are we going to get for 15m that is any f**king better than one of the young lads, bearing in mind Matip will be playing games as well?

If you're going to say "There must be someone", f**k off. Specifics or else it's just moaning for the sake of it.

Do I think we need a CB?
      Yes.

No.

Our middle is suffering though missing Fab and Hendo at times and yes we have missed chances but also had games where created very little Utd, West Brom , Southampton a bit of hindsight maybe. A CB is essential for me but looking unlikely for reasons many have stated
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #26195: Jan 25, 2021 10:37:12 pm
      You mean like in the past few seasons when city had to play Fernandinho at CB, or utd were playing midfielders at CB, bothe times because of injury.

Yes, absolutely unheard of  :roll:

No more the fact that a Premier League team are left with zero fit centre backs.

When they played Fernandinho at cb they still had Otamendi and Stones
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #26196: Jan 25, 2021 10:42:06 pm
      don't really give a f**k.

I do know though that he is on an agenda, almost from his first post, along with another newbie, that it causes tons of sh*t, I've seen it  before and can't be f**king arsed with it.

Not sure that's the answer you wanted, but it's the best I can do ;)

An agenda because I've seen enough of our owners to now speak up about it?

It happens to be the CURRENT TOPIC of late.

Oh I'll ignore what everyone else is discussing to make sure I don't look like I have an agenda.

@what-a-hit-son Someone else seems to be a bit obsessed with my username.

I like it, you don't. Good thing it's my username and not yours hey!

Quick Reply