Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Premier League] Mon 28th Sep @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 25th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W12 D4 L9

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 1530030 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,272 posts | 1194 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #26200: Sep 12, 2020 09:48:05 am
      Give it a rest stuey
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,865 posts | 3325 
      Reply #26201: Sep 12, 2020 10:11:31 am

As long as people resort to “thick as sh*t” diversive innuendo and immaterial comment mate, I will continue to state fact
      .Credit to NESV for their business acumen and all thanks to Klopp for bringing back the glory days to LFC.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,634 posts | 2489 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #26202: Sep 12, 2020 02:46:23 pm
      As long as people resort to “thick as sh*t” diversive innuendo and immaterial comment mate, I will continue to state fact
      .Credit to NESV for their business acumen and all thanks to Klopp for bringing back the glory days to LFC.

I'm with you on this. I wnated some transfers but if we stay as we are, the team is fantastic as it is. Fingers crossed for no major injuries.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,614 posts | 721 
      Reply #26203: Sep 12, 2020 03:57:18 pm
      NESV identified a previously self-sufficient asset that was brought to near bankruptcy by the fraudulent business practices of H&G.
      The NESV Legal team waited for an opportune time to bring the fraudsters to book and after appropriate proceedings the fraudsters were found out and exiled to the US desert.

After paying legal costs etc etc LFC was now owned by NESV/FSG for an outlay of approximately £400m.
      Que the deserved thanks for keeping the sh*t off the fan.

JWH subsequently announced that no further monies from FSG would be used to run LFC, it would be entirely self-sufficient financially.
      There were loans to the club from FSG for various projects and that is ongoing.

After several managers were  appointed and sacked by FSG along comes Jürgen Klopp who could have signed up for top any flight side in the world, thankfully he chose LFC.

He is very likely the only man in the world who has the supreme footballing wherewithal to produce the results we contemplate under these owners.
      Some would say he produces success in spite of our US “soccer” following owners whose self-sustaining asset is now worth in the region of £2bn.
      It is beyond reasonable doubt that the stated scenario is down to the unmatched footballing genius of Jürgen Klopp and any amount of personal comment or obfuscation does not change the fact.

Only someone with a clear agenda would suggest as such

Klopp is so hard done with the club being able to buy

World Record GK
      World Record CB

Some quality youngsters from the academy

£50 mil for Keita , Fabinho
      £40 for players like Mane , Salah and Ox

Klopp has spent more than any other manager in our history

And the elephant in the room is Salah

Did Klopp want him - Nope , he wanted Brandt but Edwards etc said he was better suited to the Prem

So maybe just maybe Klopp doesn’t do this all on his own - and our success is down to a number of factors one which includes the owners business acumen
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26204: Sep 12, 2020 04:05:40 pm

Did Klopp want him - Nope , he wanted Brandt but Edwards etc said he was better suited to the Prem

Good point. Another one to consider is Mane, obviously we will never know how true it is but Klopp apparently first and foremost wanted Gotze. Gotze obviously opted for Dortmund instead but the club still paid out 36mill towards Mane who, if it’s true, wasn’t even at the top of our list of targets.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,614 posts | 721 
      Reply #26205: Sep 12, 2020 04:11:26 pm
      Good point. Another one to consider is Mane, obviously we will never know how true it is but Klopp apparently first and foremost wanted Gotze. Gotze obviously opted for Dortmund instead but the club still paid out 36mill towards Mane who, if it’s true, wasn’t even at the top of our list of targets.

Yes Mane was 3rd choice behind Goetze and I’m not sure who the other was but again Edwards was very much in favour of Mane
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,571 posts | 2267 
      Reply #26206: Sep 12, 2020 04:13:48 pm
      Yes Mane was 3rd choice behind Goetze and I’m not sure who the other was but again Edwards was very much in favour of Mane

It's all 6 of one and half a dozen of the other this though isnt it?

Who has turned Mane into the player he is?

Who has turned Mo into the player he is?

Bobby another example, world class player, but under the last manager it didnt work... didnt look anything like the Bobby under Klopp

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,865 posts | 3325 
      Reply #26207: Sep 12, 2020 04:20:39 pm

World Record GK
      World Record CB

So maybe just maybe Klopp doesn’t do this all on his own - and our success is down to a number of factors one which includes the owners business acumen

What the f**k are you rambling about??
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #26208: Sep 12, 2020 04:22:47 pm

That’s the way it should be isn’t it? Everyone doing their bit to make the club successful.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,571 posts | 2267 
      Reply #26209: Sep 12, 2020 04:29:37 pm
      That’s the way it should be isn’t it? Everyone doing their bit to make the club successful.

Yeah I'm not disagreeing whatsoever mate, I was just pointing out that side of it too

Without a Klopp, then would it work ? With those smart 'gambles', I'm not sure it would.
      Yes brilliant that they can scout these rough diamonds.. but you also need someone to polish them

You cant ignore either side for me
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,614 posts | 721 
      Reply #26210: Sep 12, 2020 05:08:09 pm

Bobby another example, world class player, but under the last manager it didnt work... didnt look anything like the Bobby under Klopp

A combination of good management and good coaching
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,614 posts | 721 
      Reply #26211: Sep 12, 2020 05:10:20 pm
      What the f**k are you rambling about??

If you can’t see you never will

You have this idea that Klopp is the only manager that could bring success to the club and appeared to believe the success is down to him only. Highlighting to you that there are many factors for the success including the player recruitment of which there are various parties involved.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,727 posts | 772 
      Reply #26212: Sep 12, 2020 06:30:58 pm

You have this idea that Klopp is the only manager that could bring success to the club and appeared to believe the success is down to him only. Highlighting to you that there are many factors for the success including the player recruitment of which there are various parties involved.

Jürgen Klopp is James Bond. He operates alone.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,808 posts | 3043 
      Reply #26213: Sep 12, 2020 06:37:07 pm
      When you hear Klopp talk about the team of people that help him do his job, the recruitment dept, the owners, the medical team, etc etc it's clear that he values everyone highly.
      He has said so many times that without them, he wouldn't be able to do his job.
      He clearly understands that everyone pulling in the same direction is an asset in itself.
      He's praised the owners many times.

So for some to disregard everything he says about this stuff in favour of following some strange fact free agenda is pretty f**king insulting to everyone at the club who have helped us win our title.

If those who advocate went up to Klopp and told him he was solely responsible for our recent success, I'm pretty sure he'd laugh in their face before throwing out a few home truths about the reality of things.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,395 posts | 1441 
      Reply #26214: Sep 13, 2020 12:17:32 am
      When you hear Klopp talk about the team of people that help him do his job, the recruitment dept, the owners, the medical team, etc etc it's clear that he values everyone highly.
      He clearly understands that everyone pulling in the same direction is an asset in itself.

So for some to disregard everything he says about this stuff in favour of following some strange fact free agenda is pretty f**king insulting to everyone at the club who have helped us win our title.

If those who advocate went up to Klopp and told him he was solely responsible for our recent success, I'm pretty sure he'd laugh in their face before throwing out a few home truths about the reality of things.

That’s because of Jürgen and the type of humble person he is though. He’s the complete opposite of arrogant. If mourinho was our manager (But we had the same success) then it would be a very different story. I think even Rafa, who I adore, would call FSG out.

FSG have been here ten years and it’s only since Jürgen came in that we have been competitive, that cannot be disputed.

We are still a serious injury or two away from being in quite a lot of sh*t to be honest, so it’s frustrating that we haven’t strengthened. Even more frustrating when klopp has proven that 1. His signings work and 2. He can get the most out of players.

You call fans disrespectful for questioning our owners, but I actually find your comments disrespectful somewhat towards Jürgen. You and the other reds who defend FSG are so naive it’s actually unreal. You probably agree with me that Jürgen is the best coach in world football but I don’t think you actually fully understand just how good he is. You will when he leaves though, I absolutely promise you that, unless FSG then decide to back whoever the manager is properly, without putting any sell to buy restraints on them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,151 posts | 4619 
      Reply #26215: Sep 13, 2020 02:53:19 am

World Record GK
      World Record CB

Might be why when the transfer committee was broke up, Klopp gave Edwards a reference and recommended him to FSG for his current position.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,151 posts | 4619 
      Reply #26216: Sep 13, 2020 02:58:40 am

To quote someone and for the life of me I can't think who said it,  but it was before lockdown possibly even start of last season but it was something like, "the club has been built and moulded in the image of Klopp."
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,167 posts | 2581 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26217: Sep 13, 2020 04:28:27 pm
      That’s because of Jürgen and the type of humble person he is though. He’s the complete opposite of arrogant. If mourinho was our manager (But we had the same success) then it would be a very different story. I think even Rafa, who I adore, would call FSG out.

FSG have been here ten years and it’s only since Jürgen came in that we have been competitive, that cannot be disputed.

We are still a serious injury or two away from being in quite a lot of sh*t to be honest, so it’s frustrating that we haven’t strengthened. Even more frustrating when klopp has proven that 1. His signings work and 2. He can get the most out of players.

You call fans disrespectful for questioning our owners, but I actually find your comments disrespectful somewhat towards Jürgen. You and the other reds who defend FSG are so naive it’s actually unreal. You probably agree with me that Jürgen is the best coach in world football but I don’t think you actually fully understand just how good he is. You will when he leaves though, I absolutely promise you that, unless FSG then decide to back whoever the manager is properly, without putting any sell to buy restraints on them.

Were we not competitive in Brendan’s tenure ?

Your on about some being disrespectful, right back at you mate, Brendan took us as close as anybody had in 13/14, but for too many draws & Gerrards slip V Chavs No 19 would have arrived earlier, considering that Rogers was punching above his weight as a young manager he did very well indeed imo,

When Jürgen came in he took us to another level, a level beyond the capabilities of Brendan Rogers, as Brilliant as Jürgen is, best on the planet for me, he would not achieve what he has on his own, and I include those above him, all his staff, all the sports scientists, nutritionists, chefs, tea ladies everyone at Melwood, everyone at Anfield & Kirkby, he is of course the main man, he makes most of the decisions that effect the players, training etc, it’s not being disrespectful to him to say he has others who assist in the areas he has no control,

You are right of course we will not fully understand how good he is when he goes, but you could say the same when Shanks went or when Bob & Joe retired & when Kenny resigned, for the record I think we will be fine, cos I think Pep will step into his shoes, but hey that’s years away yet,

The simple facts remain like it or loath it, Jürgen & FSG  has brought about the success we are enjoying, to say otherwise is well....being ‘Disrespectful’  !

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2487 
      Reply #26218: Sep 13, 2020 04:36:48 pm
      Jürgen Klopp is James Bond. He operates alone.

Even Bond needs Q and M, just like Klopp needs everyone in the club down to dinner ladies, cleaners etc. I'm fairly sure he's said the himself several times.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,727 posts | 772 
      Reply #26219: Sep 13, 2020 05:04:40 pm
      Even Bond needs Q and M, just like Klopp needs everyone in the club down to dinner ladies, cleaners etc. I'm fairly sure he's said the himself several times.

That's the answer I was trying to invoke. Hope those who have yet to understand see it now. Success is not down to Klopp and Klopp alone. Credit where it's due, a large part of the football and the way we play is down to him and the coaching staff. But there are also those who contributed behind the scenes. That we have to give credit as well...

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,708 posts | 1165 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26220: Sep 13, 2020 09:23:31 pm
      Sh*te lads, we have an exceptional manager the best in the business. But hed be tthe first to say hes surrounded by good people who have all had a massive part to play in what the club have achieved.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,395 posts | 1441 
      Reply #26221: Sep 13, 2020 11:17:45 pm

Were we not competitive in Brendan’s tenure ?

Your on about some being disrespectful, right back at you mate, Brendan took us as close as anybody had in 13/14, but for too many draws & Gerrards slip V Chavs No 19 would have arrived earlier, considering that Rogers was punching above his weight as a young manager he did very well indeed imo,

When Jürgen came in he took us to another level, a level beyond the capabilities of Brendan Rogers, as Brilliant as Jürgen is, best on the planet for me, he would not achieve what he has on his own, and I include those above him, all his staff, all the sports scientists, nutritionists, chefs, tea ladies everyone at Melwood, everyone at Anfield & Kirkby, he is of course the main man, he makes most of the decisions that effect the players, training etc, it’s not being disrespectful to him to say he has others who assist in the areas he has no control,

You are right of course we will not fully understand how good he is when he goes, but you could say the same when Shanks went or when Bob & Joe retired & when Kenny resigned, for the record I think we will be fine, cos I think Pep will step into his shoes, but hey that’s years away yet,

The simple facts remain like it or loath it, Jürgen & FSG  has brought about the success we are enjoying, to say otherwise is well....being ‘Disrespectful’  !

Y  N  W  A

What did we win?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,764 posts | 3795 
      Reply #26222: Sep 13, 2020 11:32:55 pm

The best thing to come out of the Brendan Rodgers era, was Jürgen Klopp.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,775 posts | 4195 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26223: Sep 14, 2020 05:49:39 am

I like this cake!!!! ;D :D
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2487 
      Reply #26224: Sep 14, 2020 08:07:22 am

That's not the same as not being competitive, for example Everton have not been competitive to win the league in a long long time, until last season were we at the same level in the league in your opinion?

Quick Reply